Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Genocide Tendency posted:

And thats still loving stupid. Might go to prison isn't justification to murder a cop. However gunning down a cop might make other cops a little more nervous about approaching a car they pulled over.

You don't think that nonviolent offenders being killed on traffic stops makes criminals more likely to draw first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm not gonna lie. "Actually I AM a racist" isn't the response I expected from the person complaining about the accusation of racism being thrown around too casually.

Well played.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Toasticle posted:

Can watch it on his website at Regent University http://www.regent.edu/acad/schlaw/faculty_staff/duane.cfm

I...yes, Regent University. Regent University. Regent University. This is not a good source of information other than a black helicopter flyover timetable.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

Discendo Vox posted:

I...yes, Regent University. Regent University. Regent University. This is not a good source of information other than a black helicopter flyover timetable.

Alright I guess spill your guts when you talk to the cops, who needs a lawyer there anyway.

Edit: Not that it matters I guess but the guy graduated from Harvard Law, he teaches at Regent. But since he teaches at lovely school its safe to ignore him?

Toasticle fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 3, 2015

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Why in the gently caress would he approach a traffic accident with a weapon drawn? What the gently caress America?

The same thing happened to my friend and his dad after their brakes went out and they crashed. The cop who showed up immediately drew her gun and checked to see if the car was stolen. My friend was a high school student, and the father a middle aged hospital manager...something tells me the cop probably wouldn't have been so fearful and suspicious if my friend and his dad were white. But even then, you never know.

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

Cole posted:

Yeah but check it out dude. If you ever say something racist, like ever, you are immediately discredited for the rest of your life and can never make a comment on racism ever again. Ever.
If you ever say something racist in a persistent format, and you don't have a "I used to be a loving idiot, but I've learned since then, and I offer sincere apologies to everyone I offended" speech queued up, you're too dumb to listen to on any topic ever.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Mavric posted:

How much credit should one give to a racists opinion on racism?

Humans make mistakes, sure he's a bigot and racist but we all make mistakes! Just like police, we're all humans who are racist and kill people for no reason, give us a break!

SedanChair posted:

And getting sent to prison might make felons a little more nervous about letting cops live. It's nothing more than cop logic turned around. You should understand and support it.

He's too stupid to understand that his logic is flawed, the logic only works if it's in favor of cops, duh!

Rah! posted:

The same thing happened to my friend and his dad after their brakes went out and they crashed. The cop who showed up immediately drew her gun and checked to see if the car was stolen. My friend was a high school student, and the father a middle aged hospital manager...something tells me the cop probably wouldn't have been so fearful and suspicious if my friend and his dad were white. But even then, you never know.

It's a coincidence that minorities tend to have more stories about being handcuffed, having guns pointed at them, and being beat up by police for no reason. The police are just enforcing the laws, you don't know what kind of crazy poo poo these people are up to when they appear to need help, it could be some sort of trap!

edit:
Police are great at ruining lives even when they're not killing people!
http://anewdomain.net/2015/08/02/ted-rall-lapd-la-times-second-enhanced-tape-reveals-all/

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Radish posted:

I'm not gonna lie. "Actually I AM a racist" isn't the response I expected from the person complaining about the accusation of racism being thrown around too casually.

Well played.

The problem is when someone voices any opinion that a cop might not be wrong, racism is a first resort. Whether or not that is the case.

Lets get this straight. I don't support cops shooting people because they are black. I support cops doing their job right. I support punishing cops who violate the laws/regulations.

Great example is the University of Cincinnati officer who got rung up for murder charges. He straight up executed a dude for not letting the cop open his door.

On the other hand, when a pack of cops sent 300 plus rounds into a Volvo to kill Adrian Montesano and his accomplice I'm willing to accept that it was a job well done.

The issue here is I don't immediately think that a cop was wrong. I want to know what happened and make a decision based on that. Which has been deemed unacceptable by the echo chamber.

By the by. Thanks in advance for reporting this post because disagreeing with the group think is against the rules.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

And thats still loving stupid. Might go to prison isn't justification to murder a cop. However gunning down a cop might make other cops a little more nervous about approaching a car they pulled over.

Well no loving poo poo.

People aren't justifying the murder of a cop. That would be ridiculous.

You amaze me.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
No I was definitely justifying it, using cop logic.

The problem is when someone voices any opinion that a cop might not be wrong, racism is a first resort. Whether or not that is the case.

Why would we trust your opinion on who is racist or not? You're an avowed blatant racist. There are many gradations of person less racist than you, who you would call "not racist."

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ElCondemn posted:

Police are great at ruining lives even when they're not killing people!
http://anewdomain.net/2015/08/02/ted-rall-lapd-la-times-second-enhanced-tape-reveals-all/

On the other hand, it's Ted Rall.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Is there any chance that this person doesn't get arrested on sight, is given time to confer with his friends to get his story straight, then doesn't get indicted due to the help of a friendly prosecutor, and eventually goes free to harass more cops? No? Then there's nothing to be outraged over. It's never a good thing that someone is murdered, the issue has always been the disparate treatment for cops after the fact.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Senf posted:

Well no loving poo poo.

People aren't justifying the murder of a cop. That would be ridiculous.

You amaze me.

From the previous page....

SedanChair posted:

Justify it? Ok. It sounds like the passenger was going to go to prison for weed. Who should be expected to just accept that?

I don't necessarily subscribe to that view, but it's in keeping with the police apologist response to police violence. "What did you expect? Mess with/talk back to a cop, get murdered/found hanged in jail etc."

Mess with a person who is looking at prison time for a nonviolent offense, and what do you expect?

e: Oh he was on supervised release for robbery as well. Again, what do you expect? Don't mess with felons if you don't want to get murdered.

You were saying?

SedanChair posted:

Why would we trust your opinion on who is racist or not? You're an avowed blatant racist. There are many gradations of person less racist than you, who you would call "not racist."

You keep ignoring the point.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

SedanChair posted:

I get that. But using real logic?

You were saying?

Like he said: he was applying cop logic to his post. If anything, you should probably be in agreement with him.

Senf fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 3, 2015

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

I love reading the hypocrisy in this thread.

You have the group think of "all cops are bad", but any point someone links a cop doing the right thing, there is always some caveat or mitigating excuse as to why the group think is right.

But anyone who points out that sometimes the response is justified... RACISM! Or cries of stereotyping and how its wrong.

Click here and justify it.

http://nbc4i.com/2015/07/31/friends-family-set-up-memorial-for-murdered-delivery-driver/

A far more common story than a cop getting killed.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

You keep ignoring the point.

Your point has no salience because you are a racist. You are not qualified to judge whether things are racist. By being dumber than dog whistling racists and openly admitting to this, you've lost the ability even to pretend to have a valuable opinion on the matter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://www.vice.com/read/how-the-supreme-court-made-it-legal-for-cops-to-pull-you-over-for-pretty-much-anything-803

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Cole posted:

Yeah but check it out dude. If you ever say something racist, like ever, you are immediately discredited for the rest of your life and can never make a comment on racism ever again. Ever.

Yes, if someone posts all the time in the horrible racist subforum, then it's probably safe to assume they are a horrible racist

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I can't believe people don't listen to my opinions on racism

- a literal racist, lol

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

"People hate me for the content of my opinions! How is that fair?"

- a person who hates people for the color of their skin

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This is because humans are capable of recognizing a thing we call a "pattern"

When the dozenth unarmed black person is shot to death, while white people can point guns and cops and scream without issue, one starts to think that maybe there's some racism there!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm just putting Genocide Tendency and Cole on ignore.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I'm going to explain this because, not surprisingly, many of you are too loving stupid to understand.

This is a problem.

You had to go digging through post history, eventually finding a post in another sub forum, to decide that I was racist. You did so because I said that a cop isn't automatically wrong for shooting someone. The circumstances dictate justification or lack of.

But all you focus on is racism that was dug up. Because you have no other voice when someone presents a differing opinion.

It renders every ounce of effort you put out irrelevant. Because all you can do is scream the scarlet R. Rather than admit that possibly, just possibly, sometimes, a cop should shoot someone.

I will admit I am partially wrong. Racism isn't your first resort. Its your only resort.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Announcing that you're putting them on ignore only makes them more powerful. And gets some weirdo to quote your post and mention that the ignore function is for babies or something.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Why don't you care more about the delivery driver death I just posted? It happens far more frequently than cop death and it happens to people with far less of a support network, both formal and informal.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

I'm going to explain this because, not surprisingly, many of you are too loving stupid to understand.

This is a problem.

You had to go digging through post history, eventually finding a post in another sub forum, to decide that I was racist. You did so because I said that a cop isn't automatically wrong for shooting someone. The circumstances dictate justification or lack of.

But all you focus on is racism that was dug up. Because you have no other voice when someone presents a differing opinion.

It renders every ounce of effort you put out irrelevant. Because all you can do is scream the scarlet R. Rather than admit that possibly, just possibly, sometimes, a cop should shoot someone.

I will admit I am partially wrong. Racism isn't your first resort. Its your only resort.

Nobody cares about your opinions because you seem to be an unrepentant racist, not because you are saying something no one agrees with. You aren't even the first person in this thread to say that sometimes cops need to shoot people (several pages on the cops not shooting the armed cop who murdered his wife in front of them.)

You didn't read the thread because you aren't interested in an honest debate on this topic. Probably because you are a racist. People tend to throw that word around when racist people do or say racist things. Hope this helps.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Going back like, six posts isn't really "digging." Your blatant racism is pretty straightforward and easily traceable.

If you want to have an honest discussion about something - and especially a topic like this - you should stop being a racist.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

This is a problem.

"You're racist" is generally all you're going to hear, because that is what you are.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Being reduced to a single character defining attribute through which others view you must really suck.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This is a problem.

Is anyone claiming that cops should not shoot anyone ever?

The "cops are racist" narrative comes from over 100 years of disproportionate and racist application of deadly force. Big shocker.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Nobody cares about your opinions because you seem to be an unrepentant racist, not because you are saying something no one agrees with. You aren't even the first person in this thread to say that sometimes cops need to shoot people (several pages on the cops not shooting the armed cop who murdered his wife in front of them.)

You didn't read the thread because you aren't interested in an honest debate on this topic. Probably because you are a racist. People tend to throw that word around when racist people do or say racist things. Hope this helps.

I did read, and as soon as I responded in this thread, the first loving thing brought up was race. When I disputed this, I was told I didn't understand racism. Then posters went hunting in GIP for a racist remark.

Here...

What is this post?

1 - suicide is completely different than "killed by police".

2 - investigative journalism hasn't existed since Woodward and Bernstine hung it up.

3 - "pro-police bias in our society".... LOL

28 year old quit life. Trying to make someone's suicide a major talking point in the "gently caress the police" crusade is wrong on a bunch of levels.

Thats where I jumped in.

Racism was brought up by the echo chamber because I pointed out that suicide isn't murder by cop.

Senf posted:

Going back like, six posts isn't really "digging." Your blatant racism is pretty straightforward and easily traceable.

If you want to have an honest discussion about something - and especially a topic like this - you should stop being a racist.

Going back to the previous page to see where someone justified shooting a cop interrupting their drug deal is pretty easily traceable. But obviously you couldn't be assed to do that.

If you want to have an honest discussion about something, maybe you should actually be paying attention.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Going back to the previous page to see where someone justified shooting a cop interrupting their drug deal is pretty easily traceable. But obviously you couldn't be assed to do that.

If you want to have an honest discussion about something, maybe you should actually be paying attention.

If you didn't see that they were trying to prove a point with that post, then I don't have much for you.

Hell, I don't have much for you in the first place.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I did read, and as soon as I responded in this thread, the first loving thing brought up was race.

What is this post?

1 - suicide is completely different than "killed by police".

2 - investigative journalism hasn't existed since Woodward and Bernstine hung it up.

3 - "pro-police bias in our society".... LOL

28 year old quit life. Trying to make someone's suicide a major talking point in the "gently caress the police" crusade is wrong on a bunch of levels.

Discendo Vox posted:

They're both still active, FYI- though a lot of their output has been quite poor.

Mecha Gojira posted:

She was pulled over for not signaling, which might as well be a "Driving While Black" offense. Then she spends three days in jail and is found dead from an apparent hanging.

Now, if police weren't racist assholes, she probably wouldn't have been pulled over for an offense that 99% of drivers perform on a routine basis (seriously, it's like people don't know what a goddamned turn signal is), wouldn't have ended up in a jail cell for three days, and not found dead in said jail cell. I'm okay with saying, "gently caress the police," on this one.

Mecha Gojira posted:

They arrested her for assaulting one of the arresting officers (she allegedly kicked one of them). The only video we have, though, is of the immediate aftermath, so we can't verify either way yet.

Personally, I'm not crying a river over a cop getting kicked in the shin since apparently the response is to throw someone on the ground so hard they might have gotten a concussion AND THEN thrown in jail for at least three days. Because that seems like a measured and reasonable response to the situation in and of itself.

And Jarmak: I'm not going to lie, the fact that it's so common here that I didn't even REALIZE it was an offense. Like literally did not know you could get pulled over for that.

....if your going to try to mislead about what happened, learn from crooked cops and don't debate a recorded medium.

Btw, do you still contend there is not a pro-police bias in the US?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

....if your going to try to mislead about what happened, learn from crooked cops and don't debate a recorded medium.

Mecha Gojira posted:

She was pulled over for not signaling, which might as well be a "Driving While Black" offense. Then she spends three days in jail and is found dead from an apparent hanging.

Now, if police weren't racist assholes, she probably wouldn't have been pulled over for an offense that 99% of drivers perform on a routine basis (seriously, it's like people don't know what a goddamned turn signal is), wouldn't have ended up in a jail cell for three days, and not found dead in said jail cell. I'm okay with saying, "gently caress the police," on this one.

You were saying?

quote:

Btw, do you still contend there is not a pro-police bias in the US?

Yep.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.
Jesus Christ, both of you stop with the public jerk offs.

Genocide - Yes, it is wrong to jump to the initial conclusion of racism when a white cop shoots a black unarmed man under suspicious circumstances. The counter point to this is that police have been complicit and actively involved in precipitating racist behavior since the dawn of the 20th century at minimum. This is easily proven through the various reports the DoJustice has run in L. A., Ferguson, and Baltimore to name three off the top of my head.

And that's not even touching the history of cops committing what would be murder if it weren't for the badge, and doing so with little to no reprisal. Thankfully that page is starting to turn, it only took ~50ish unarmed black men being shot in the last year and two cities suffering major riots, and in those last two times the officer was indicted, it took video footage from a bystander and from a body camera to even reach that point.

To everyone else dogpiling him, yes he's an unrepentant racist. That does not inherently render his argument invalid. And the more you keep dogpiling his past posting, the more he's going to double down on you. If you think he's wrong, attack his logic.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

I did read, and as soon as I responded in this thread, the first loving thing brought up was race. When I disputed this, I was told I didn't understand racism. Then posters went hunting in GIP for a racist remark.

Here...

Thats where I jumped in.

Racism was brought up by the echo chamber because I pointed out that suicide isn't murder by cop.

They brought up your racism specifically it seems. Which is pretty justifiable in a conversation like this.

You seem to not be understanding that people specifically do not care about your opinion in this discussion because you have unrepentantly made racist remarks. Your opinion is greatly invalidated due to your history, which is known, and which you don't seem to have disputed in any way, other than taking issue with the fact that it was dug up.

Raerlynn posted:

Jesus Christ, both of you stop with the public jerk offs.

Genocide - Yes, it is wrong to jump to the initial conclusion of racism when a white cop shoots a black unarmed man under suspicious circumstances. The counter point to this is that police have been complicit and actively involved in precipitating racist behavior since the dawn of the 20th century at minimum. This is easily proven through the various reports the DoJustice has run in L. A., Ferguson, and Baltimore to name three off the top of my head.

And that's not even touching the history of cops committing what would be murder if it weren't for the badge, and doing so with little to no reprisal. Thankfully that page is starting to turn, it only took ~50ish unarmed black men being shot in the last year and two cities suffering major riots, and in those last two times the officer was indicted, it took video footage from a bystander and from a body camera to even reach that point.

To everyone else dogpiling him, yes he's an unrepentant racist. That does not inherently render his argument invalid. And the more you keep dogpiling his past posting, the more he's going to double down on you. If you think he's wrong, attack his logic.

Who cares if he doubles down? What happens? Do we lose points somewhere? Is there someone keeping score out there?

Racism would render his INTENT invalid. In other words, as a racist, he cannot possibly be engaging in a discussion that deals heavily with the issue of systemic racism in any way that could be seen as productive. It's pointless. The best thing to do in that situation is to let it be known and move on. No one is going to make someone see the errors of their ways in a thread like this, on a site like this.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 3, 2015

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme

Raerlynn posted:

If you think he's wrong, attack his logic.

Because the one thing racists are known to respond to is logic.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Useful Distraction posted:

Because the one thing racists are known to respond to is logic.

Yes the dogpiling of some guy on the Internet is sure to convince him to change his ways and get his heart to grow three sizes this day!

That or it's pointless circle jerking. You be the judge.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Raerlynn posted:

Yes the dogpiling of some guy on the Internet is sure to convince him to change his ways and get his heart to grow three sizes this day!

That or it's pointless circle jerking. You be the judge.

So the racists get to argue in bad faith, and the normals have to argue in good faith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Radbot posted:

So the racists get to argue in bad faith, and the normals have to argue in good faith?

It doesn't matter if he's loving Hitler it doesn't make his argument wrong or right, this is what an ad-hom fallacy actually is, not the "wah you said something mean" that people normally try to call it out as.

• Locked thread