Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

He's been on my radar for a while. I figured this might be my last chance to get him

You are probably correct.

Hoffman is just such a great offensive player. He's got the pedigree at lower levels and his scoring numbers (/60 stats) in the NHL are very impressive.

I had a shortlist of 3, and he was one of them. I am really unsure of where guys are going to be taken this time around. Thus my reach on Klefbom. I think I'm just going to take the guys I want the most even if they're a bit of a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

You are probably correct.

Hoffman is just such a great offensive player. He's got the pedigree at lower levels and his scoring numbers (/60 stats) in the NHL are very impressive.

I had a shortlist of 3, and he was one of them. I am really unsure of where guys are going to be taken this time around. Thus my reach on Klefbom. I think I'm just going to take the guys I want the most even if they're a bit of a stretch.

There was almost another good young player I took over him that is comparable. Hoffman is more of a proven scorer than the other guy I had in mind though.

I feel like Hoffman isn't one of those random one and done young players either. His shot is absurdly good.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I feel like I need a goalie at this point so I'm going to go with a guy who seems pretty good with a .918 posted so far in the regular season and a .921 in the post season. I take Ben Bishop.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Oh also that means drunk canuck is up

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Los Angeles Kings select G Frederik Andersen and his valuable $1,150,000 cap hit

Next up, Starsfan

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Florida Panthers select RW Nino Niederreiter

Niederreiter has really turned his career around the last couple years in Minnesota, although to be honest his career had hardly got a chance to get going on the Island before he was traded away for scraps. Niederreiter plays in a secondary role for the Wild, playing on a line with a couple of other younger players that play the tough minutes and do a lot of the heavy lifting behind the big money players on the first two lines. I think the things that drew me to Niederreiter was that he has really impressive fancy stats as a guy who contributes to pushing the game with possession, and his former status as a top offensive talent. I'll bet on a breakout season with increased opportunities for offensive zone minutes and take him here.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Starsfan posted:

Florida Panthers select RW Nino Niederreiter

Niederreiter has really turned his career around the last couple years in Minnesota, although to be honest his career had hardly got a chance to get going on the Island before he was traded away for scraps. Niederreiter plays in a secondary role for the Wild, playing on a line with a couple of other younger players that play the tough minutes and do a lot of the heavy lifting behind the big money players on the first two lines. I think the things that drew me to Niederreiter was that he has really impressive fancy stats as a guy who contributes to pushing the game with possession, and his former status as a top offensive talent. I'll bet on a breakout season with increased opportunities for offensive zone minutes and take him here.

You gently caress you.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Stickarts posted:

You gently caress you.

This but everyone

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild take Minnesota's own Ryan Kesler. Kesler provides good 2C depth, gives us a lockdown 2C with a bit of offensive upside.

Your Minnesota Wild
Benn - Krejci - Okposo
Parise - Kesler -

Suter -

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Verviticus went on the clock at 10:00 AM EST, at noon Infidel Castro can pick

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

lazerwolf posted:

Minnesota Wild take Minnesota's own Ryan Kesler. Kesler provides good 2C depth, gives us a lockdown 2C with a bit of offensive upside.

Your Minnesota Wild
Benn - Krejci - Okposo
Parise - Kesler -

Suter -

Parise - Kesler - Suter is a trio of contracts that will cripple the poo poo of this team sooner rather than later.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Parise - Kesler - Suter is a trio of contracts that will cripple the poo poo of this team sooner rather than later.

Benn's going to sign for nine million dollars as well.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hide 'ya loving goalies everyone, because St. Louis selects...

Chris Kreider

Pos:
Left Wing
Cap Hit: $2,475,000 for 2015-16 (RFA)

The number of young scoring wingers was dwindling pretty fast there, so I'm quite excited that someone like Kreider made it this far down. While he may on occasion wreck the opposing goalie's poo poo, there's no denying he's an incredibly gifted power forward who is as equally effective shooting the puck as he is in front of the net. He's a fairly unique combination of size and strength that should play well with Koivu/McDavid and Nyquist.

St. Louis Blues

C. Kreider - M. Koivu - G. Nyquist
?????????? - C. McDavid - ?????????

M. Vlasic - K. Shattenkirk

Jordan7hm is on the clock.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 3, 2015

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

Chris Kreider

Pos:
Left Wing

The number of young scoring wingers was dwindling pretty fast there, so I'm quite excited that someone like Kreider made it this far down. While he may on occasion wreck the opposing goalie's poo poo, there's no denying he's an incredibly gifted power forward who is as equally effective shooting the puck as he is in front of the net. He's sure to get a decent pay raise after this season, but his RFA status means we have time to work out an extension.

Noooooooo this is the guy I realized I wanted to pick yesterday in my stupid rush to get a list off to Aye Doc before I left. Was hoping he would continue to drop. :(

e: I like how that collage is only about 1/4 of the total pictures you find of him crashing into goalies in his time in the NHL. :lol:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Ottawa Senators select Jakob Silfverberg.

Silf is one of my favorite players, and I am incredibly pained by the fact real Senators traded him away for an out of shape albatross. Worst offseason in Sens history.

He was kind of messed up by injuries in 2013-14, but he started to redeem himself in that playoff run, and then even more through this past season. His 2014-15 playoffs were a bit of a coming out party. He combines fantastic defense (due to positioning and vision more than physical attributes) with a decent scoring ability. He's future captain material, and I truly believe he'll be one of the few non-centers to win a Selke at some point during his career.

In real life he seems pretty well set to line up on a second line that's designed to shut down the opposition's top line, and that's where he'll sit on my team too.

Tavares - Eberle
Silf

Johnson - Klefbom

Lundqvist

e: JoelJoel is up

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Infidel Castro posted:

Chris Kreider

I was deciding between him and Rielly for my last pick. I'm still glad I picked Rielly but drat does this sting.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Infidel Castro posted:

Chris Kreider

Pos:
Left Wing

The number of young scoring wingers was dwindling pretty fast there, so I'm quite excited that someone like Kreider made it this far down. While he may on occasion wreck the opposing goalie's poo poo, there's no denying he's an incredibly gifted power forward who is as equally effective shooting the puck as he is in front of the net. He's a fairly unique combination of size and strength that should play well with Koivu/McDavid and Nyquist.

St. Louis Blues

C. Kreider - M. Koivu - G. Nyquist
?????????? - C. McDavid - ?????????

M. Vlasic - K. Shattenkirk

Jordan7hm is on the clock.

gently caress THAT GUY

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Jordan7hm posted:

The Ottawa Senators select Jakob Silfverberg.

Silf is one of my favorite players, and I am incredibly pained by the fact real Senators traded him away for an out of shape albatross. Worst offseason in Sens history.

He was kind of messed up by injuries in 2013-14, but he started to redeem himself in that playoff run, and then even more through this past season. His 2014-15 playoffs were a bit of a coming out party. He combines fantastic defense (due to positioning and vision more than physical attributes) with a decent scoring ability. He's future captain material, and I truly believe he'll be one of the few non-centers to win a Selke at some point during his career.

In real life he seems pretty well set to line up on a second line that's designed to shut down the opposition's top line, and that's where he'll sit on my team too.

Tavares - Eberle
Silf

Johnson - Klefbom

Lundqvist

e: JoelJoel is up

Noooooooo
He was my next pick ughhh

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RC Cola posted:

Noooooooo
He was my next pick ughhh

Isnt he the exact opposite of what youre building your team around?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Furnaceface posted:

Isnt he the exact opposite of what youre building your team around?

Yeah but he's also on the ducks so ya know he has to have some latent evil inside of him

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

so 2 hours have passed, Stickarts can pick

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Karl Alzner. I want steady. I want dependable. I don't need a 70 point blueliner (or maybe there just aren't any left), I need someone I can trust in front of the net who can make a sufficiently acceptable outlet. So far as I can tell, Karl and Marc satisfy these, and have no small amount of sandpaper. He has a lot of years left, and might even improve yet a little. MACHO MAN, what you got.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Hi guys - I'm alive (no thanks to you)! On a family camping trip to the mountainns and my phone internet cut out on the drive up on Saturday literally in the middle of trying to post my pick. Boooo. Now I'm out in town picking up cold medicine for one of my kids and I have a brief window, so I'll have one in a few minutes I guess. After that I probably won't have access again till Wednesday afternoon, so if I come up again, just consensus me someone who isn't John Scott.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Goddamn I was sure I'd get Kreider you fucks

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

So it looks like Hornqvist and Niskanen are still available, is that right? I'll take them if so.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Habibi posted:

So it looks like Hornqvist and Niskanen are still available, is that right? I'll take them if so.

Hornqvist was already taken.

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Goddamn I was sure I'd get Kreider you fucks

Great stuff who are your pick, because you were up when you posted this.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

Hornqvist was already taken.

Great stuff who are your pick, because you were up when you posted this.

Ball sack. Fine, then give me Plex.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Habibi posted:

drat, nice pick. Was hoping to steal him on the back around.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Habibi posted:

Hi guys - I'm alive (no thanks to you)! On a family camping trip to the mountainns and my phone internet cut out on the drive up on Saturday literally in the middle of trying to post my pick. Boooo. Now I'm out in town picking up cold medicine for one of my kids and I have a brief window, so I'll have one in a few minutes I guess. After that I probably won't have access again till Wednesday afternoon, so if I come up again, just consensus me someone who isn't John Scott.

Where are you camping?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lu still up there? Why not, I'll take him.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Could you please not take loving niskanen.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Could we just pretend he didn't have internet connection for that 15 minute window?

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Habibi posted:

Haha gently caress you go back to camping

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

was Niskanen taken or not

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Niskanen was not taken yet

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

didn't habibi pick him in his post up there

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

THE MACHO MAN posted:

was Niskanen taken or not

Habibi took Niskanen, yes.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

didn't habibi pick him in his post up there

I thought he meant before habibi took him

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

The New York Rangers select RD of the Minnesota Wild, Jared Spurgeon. Spurgeon is just 26, a RHD, and he's got great stats, fancy and otherwise. He currently costs just 2.667 but is an RFA next year.

I will post my next pick in a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Niskanen's a good pick. I didn't think he would drop all the way back to me but there was no chance I wouldn't take him if he did.
His contract may be long but he's almost worth it. He could be a weak #1 for plenty of teams.

• Locked thread