Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

No Safe Word posted:

I mean the NFL doesn't do double-elim so that's a bad example

no they dont but they do a group stage type setup for seeding into single-elim which is similar to how TI is run and he was asking for real legit sports with this bracket style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

bonewitch posted:

is it just me or is the lighting/filter they use on the group pictures really terrible

like it makes all of them look like ghouls that haven't slept in years

Ummmmm

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

bonewitch posted:

is it just me or is the lighting/filter they use on the group pictures really terrible

like it makes all of them look like ghouls that haven't slept in years

there's no filter

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Luna Was Here posted:

have you heard of something called the N F L? ooh ooh, theres this other little organization they go by the N H L? yeah they run tournaments elimination style too, weird right?

Two nieche sports of 0 global relevance. Gotcha mate. Hate to break it to you cricket is a bigger deal than the legitimately little organizatins called the nfl and nhl.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

It's hard to root against n0tail but EE and Fata make it possible

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I wonder how many teens are convincing their parents that they must practice dota to win millions of dollars and that I don't have to graduate highschool?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

"Seb I know you've had to make difficult life choices too, tell me about that" :haw:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I hope C9 advance further and end up eliminating Secret or EE so I can see the outrage and rares lost

I want c9 to advance so that when they inevitably implode, it'll be infinitely more hilarious due to the raised stakes.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

cricket: a well known relevant sport :yeah:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

how me a frog posted:

Two nieche sports of 0 global relevance. Gotcha mate. Hate to break it to you cricket is a bigger deal than the legitimately little organizatins called the nfl and nhl.

alright you got me, i laughed at this one.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

It's hard to root against n0tail but EE and Fata make it possible

the sad truth

kick EE win TI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't think they're complaining about the brackets themselves but that teams getting to choose their opponents through a non-straightforward process

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

"your parents are moving into your basement"

oh Nahaz

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
your parents are moving into YOUR basement baby

nahaz with the dad joke, baby

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
ok whats better fake crowd cheering or convoluted ti format

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

how me a frog posted:

Sorry you're slaves to the sports of the English crown, bro.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't think they're complaining about the brackets themselves but that teams getting to choose their opponents through a non-straightforward process

This guy can read. Good job you reaonable dude!

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
*crowd cheers when a team is moved to a losers bracket*

the gently caress is all this bullshit

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Pumba is a very good boy and that's why I want c9 to win

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Who the hell are these guys are they from ESPN?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Bholder posted:

Who the hell are these guys are they from ESPN?

Nope, just guys who do this for a living believe it or not

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
They're right, C9 fills me with so much emotion.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

GreyPowerVan posted:

cricket: a well known relevant sport :yeah:

Uh, isn't cricket like the second most popular sport in the world after football/soccer?

I mean I don't follow it myself but it has a legit huge following.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

WHERE IS 3 MERLINI? WHERE IS 3 MERLINI? WHERE IS 3 MERLINI? WHERE IS 3 MERLINI? WHERE IS 3 MERLINI? WHERE IS 3 MERLINI? WHERE IS 3 MERLINI?

There really isn't enough merlini on this panel.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I thought Nahaz was only 30 something and he just went gray early.

There are a couple weird things about the format but a group stage into single or double elim bracket is pretty standard for esports and not unusual for real sports. Not that it matters what other sports do anyway since double elim is what most of the players want.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

107-34 is actually a loving insane stat holy poo poo

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Kanfy posted:

Uh, isn't cricket like the second most popular sport in the world after football/soccer?

yeah but it's in irrelevant countries like India and New Zealand and when have they produced anyone that's won an International

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

how me a frog posted:

This guy can read. Good job you reaonable dude!

yes, this is an actual legitimate point you brought up in one of your several lovely posts then proceeded to not mention in any of the other ones, yeah we're definitely the retards

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Ok I'm a C9 fan but I did not expect everyone on the analyst desk to bet on C9 to win because I don't even believe in them

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

yeah but it's in irrelevant countries like India and New Zealand and when have they produced anyone that's won an International

sumail is basically indian right

i'm joking i'm joking pakistan isn't india

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Luna Was Here posted:

yes, this is an actual legitimate point you brought up in one of your several lovely posts then proceeded to not mention in any of the other ones, yeah we're definitely the retards

Actually, I'm a retard

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just waiting for Jacky Mao to Jacky Mao.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Kanfy posted:

India is big enough that it skews all figures in its direction. Especially when it comes to the national sport-as-religion.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Goetta posted:

Actually, I'm a retard

i mean we're all posting about professional esports so its there in a way but some people are just a little more onset than others

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Alright it's time to place bets on how big of a lead c9 will throw away this series

I say 21k

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
How did they get these oldish guys on the panel? I'm asking in the sense of not expecting anyone over, say, 30 to be playing dota seriously, let alone enough to cast.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
wisp tony, wisp tony?

gently caress give me tony pick

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Zoness posted:

sumail is basically indian right

Tea Bun would be the closest thing I think and he's actually Canadian anyway

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

goatface posted:

India is big enough that it skews all figures in its direction. Especially when it comes to the national sport-as-religion.

Indians probably worship cricket, hinduism has like 200000 gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It's me, I'm the :spergin:

• Locked thread