Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

OAquinas posted:

Fox has gotta Fox. "New low for clinton*!"
* (still leads by ~30 points)

Also, Perry is most likely officially out of the non-kiddie table debates with that 1% showing.

Some NYMag article says there are two more polls that they'll use, so this is still well within the realm of variance. Seems entirely possible they'll round to the nearest whole number if it gets Rick in. Also, Bernie Sanders will be the next president of the united states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chris Christie is severely overweight, fat, and pus-filled. Completely unfit to be President. Too tight a race.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Clinton up 77% to 8% for Sanders. Probably will just vote Trump in the primary (SC is a open primary, you just got to ask for the R or D vote card) if he is that far out.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

There's a Republican candidate forum going on right now. I think everyone's here but Trump.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?327157-1/2016-republican-candidates-voters-first-forum&live

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Chris Christie is severely overweight, fat, and pus-filled. Completely unfit to be President. Too tight a race.

Squeezing into the debate like it was a pair of baseball pants

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lindsey Graham has used the phrase 'open hand and clenched fist' twice in like 3 minutes

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
TV/IV thread for this forum: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734560

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Jindal probably has a floor of support among people who really want to see an Indian-American president. Otherwise there are probably quite a few people from the home cities/districts/states of these candidates who have been following their careers for a while and are rooting for them to continue to succeed.

There's not many left in Louisiana.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jindal's base is white people that claim to be part Cherokee and vote for fellow Injun Bobert Jindal

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Trump in 1st by a mile, AND Dr. Ben Carson in second place AHEAD of the likes of Bush and Walker.

Boy am I glad to finally be back in the Great State of South Carolina. Never leaving again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I love this election

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Cruz is a young Pat Buchanan. How did I not see this before.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

lmao why does rand always look bloated

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

lmao why does rand always look bloated

Irritable bowl syndrome

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

im screameing

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

*chainsaws internally*

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Would someone be able to log a tally of all the dumb things stated at this "Totally Not a Debate" Forum?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Would someone be able to log a tally of all the dumb things stated at this "Totally Not a Debate" Forum?

We hit an overflow error like 20 minutes ago

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I feel bad for John Kasich. It kind of seems like he is the best person among the whole group, and he hasn't a chance.

I wish more republicans would acknowledge that taking care of the less fortunate is basically Jesus's platform.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ignite Memories posted:

I feel bad for John Kasich. It kind of seems like he is the best person among the whole group, and he hasn't a chance.

Donald Trump has the most money and therefore is the best person. HTH.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Rubio wants to repeal the 21st amendment

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Ignite Memories posted:

I wish more republicans would acknowledge that taking care of the less fortunate is basically Jesus's platform.

He's a Free Trader, but a Fair Trader.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Ignite Memories posted:

He's the Jon Huntsman of 2016 :smith:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I did not realize that the Temperance Movement had returned.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You're joking

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The only explanation here is that I must have been in a terrible accident sometime between 2001 and 2007, and I am right now in a coma.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Please tell me this is real

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

only a little

Cspan doesn't have the full transcript up but he said he was against making intoxicants legal and that alcohol was a legal intoxicant

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Donald Trump is monumentally egotistical and wholly incompetent, but he's operating completely outside the window of normal political discourse, which is what the Republican base have convinced themselves they actually want.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This is starting to become less funny. I wanted him to run, but I don't want him to win the nomination.

Anything that puts his chances at actually becoming President at non-zero terrifies me.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Donald Trump could run against Lincoln Chafee in the general election and still lose.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

StandardVC10 posted:

Donald Trump is monumentally egotistical and ........................ completely outside the window of normal political discourse,

Maybe people don't like politics as usual.

Or maybe people are really pissed off and willing to elect a crazy man, as a giant raging throbbing middle finger to the establishment.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

Donald Trump could run against Lincoln Chafee in the general election and still lose.

Yeeaaaaaah but chafee is boring

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Proposition Joe posted:

I'm trying real fuckin' hard to believe this. Really loving hard.

No, Trump will not win the nomination. In the out-goddamn-landish universe where it does happen, I am not remotely convinced that just any old Democrat would beat him. Hillary, yes. But if she has a stroke and the Donald bulls his way to the nod, I'm updating my will.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

mdemone posted:

I'm trying real fuckin' hard to believe this. Really loving hard.

No, Trump will not win the nomination. In the out-goddamn-landish universe where it does happen, I am not remotely convinced that just any old Democrat would beat him. Hillary, yes. But if she has a stroke and the Donald bulls his way to the nod, I'm updating my will.

Why bother with a will when the world is ending?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Trump can't get more than ~30% of the primary vote. People will drop out and their voters will filter to Bush and Walker

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

fronz posted:

Trump can't get more than ~30% of the primary vote. People will drop out and their voters will filter to Bush and Walker

Look at the Fox poll on the previous page -- Trump is sucking away Walker's supporters, not vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fronz posted:

Not everyone: Cruz and Carson voters will probably flow to Trump. Maybe Jindal too. I assume all the Perry voters that liked Trump have already jumped ship.

e: besides ~30% of the vote is enough so long as Walker and Bush are splitting it.

• Locked thread