Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

I saw that. It was very :psyduck:

I've never really been all that bothered by spoilers since the main point of media is usually the journey and not the end result. I like being surprised but knowing what's going to happen isn't going to ruin it for me.

My philosophy is that being reasonable about spoilers is fine, and that expecting the entire internet to bend over backwards for your sake is weird and terrible.

There was a thread about spoilers going on in CineD and I remember one guy hated that his friends would be talking about stuff like the newest Game of Thrones episode on Facebook, Twitter, etc the day after it aired. People want to talk about something they just watched, and he hated them for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only thing there is to an experience whether or not you know if a character dies

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Srice posted:

:agreed:

I looked at TVIV and just found out that they have a Doctor Who thread and...a Doctor Who spoiler thread

What on earth.

Who fans combined with TVIV's over the top spoilerphobia sounds like the worst combination.

You're not wrong.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

LoGH is presented as a historical documentary either way. it doesn't care much about spoilers. even beyond the next episode previews, the narrator in the episode will very blatantly allude to future events

LoGH owns and I'm glad Yang is getting married to a top tier waifu

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i try to avoid spoilers because i think the way/time something is revealed, is a part of the narrative as intended and so it's worth preserving

people are absolutely insane about them though

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think it is okay to not want to have major twists spoiled but also please don't be a baby

The truth is somewhere in the middle, is what I'm saying.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

hajime and rui marry me at the end of gatchaman insight. have fun watching the rest of the series now ya losers

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Korean reality shows are very good. Almost as good as anime.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I end up running into spoilers because I'm a loving fool that can't wait a few days.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I'm rooting for Kyungran to win season 4 of the genius.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

i try to avoid spoilers because i think the way/time something is revealed, is a part of the narrative as intended and so it's worth preserving

people are absolutely insane about them though

yeah there's something to be said for the value of a fresh experience, but if a work's legitimately good it will still be good without that. like how good movies might have been filmed with the intention of a certain element being a twist or a surprise, but they're still good even though the studio decided to make that twist a focal part of the advertising.

it'd be really cool if I could've watched T2 without having any of the cultural osmosis that led me to know the twist ahead of time, but it was still a cool movie

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

I think it is okay to not want to have major twists spoiled but also please don't be a baby

The truth is somewhere in the middle, is what I'm saying.

Yeah, while I typically don't care I understand why people do, and I will accommodate as much as I find it to be reasonable.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dude789 posted:

im on team kyunghoon ahahahnahba

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dude789 posted:

Im watching Genius and Crime Scene atm and theyre both epic

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

dude789 posted:

Have you seen The Genius? I watched the first episode and I was heavily reminded of the limited Rock, Paper, Scissors game from Kaijii.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dude789 posted:

sometimes... they actually are anime, such as when yui appeared in one

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm enjoying hannibal a lot

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The merman bathtub show was cute but nobody kissed. The opening being super serious and dramatic was also funny.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I had someone in the Devil May Cry thread in games unironically say "Gameplay spoilers" in regards to DMC4SE a game that was being advertised with all of the cool new stuff you could do.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

littleorv posted:

Have you seen The Genius? I watched the first episode and I was heavily reminded of the limited Rock, Paper, Scissors game from Kaijii.

he's posting about the genius dumbass

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dude789 posted:

Kyungran is beautiful and has a noble spirit. I litearlly cannot remember the name of any other woman on any other season because theyre just pretty faces with no personality

Except Ahyoung, who is my wife.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm the Korean guy who doesn't watch Korean reality television.

Or Korean television in general.

Korean dramas loving suck so bad.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't like googling a character name and having "death" show up in the autocomplete

that's my spoiler opinion

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm the Korean guy who doesn't watch Korean reality television.

Or Korean television in general.

Korean dramas loving suck so bad.

misaeng was good

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Davincie posted:

he's posting about the genius dumbass

All those posts came in while I was posting.

fuckhead

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

kyungran is the best

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

littleorv posted:

The first season cribs really hard from Liar Game, they do the vaccine game straight up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Evil mother-in-law!

No you can't marry him/her cause he/she comes from a poor family!

Car accident!

*grabs back of neck and falls to the ground*

*spasms*

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Where can I stream hit Korean reality shows such as "The Genius" and "Crime Scene"?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Kyungran is beautiful and has a noble spirit. I litearlly cannot remember the name of any other woman on any other season because theyre just pretty faces with no personality

Except Ahyoung, who is my wife.

jungmoon is retarded. thats her personality.

yeonjoo was also incredibly beautiful and pretty stupid. honestly, the female contestants aren't great besides kyungran!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

When the Eva blu-rays come out and I run the simul for it, I figure I might just say something in the OP like "The show is old enough that people know a lot of the major beats even if they haven't seen it, so spoilers are fair game but please try to keep them related to the episodes we've seen".

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Where can I stream hit Korean reality shows such as "The Genius" and "Crime Scene"?

http://bxrme.tumblr.com/

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil mother-in-law!

Car accident!

*spasms*

I love Singaporean dramas, because they're basically this, but written around tons of product placement.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Evil mother-in-law!

Car accident!

*spasms*

nothing of this happens in misaeng. which is good and also based on a manga so you know it will be good

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

at the end of rebuild 4 i get into a pink eva and do tons of cool karate kicks and chops to save the day

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

I had someone in the Devil May Cry thread in games unironically say "Gameplay spoilers" in regards to DMC4SE a game that was being advertised with all of the cool new stuff you could do.

I can understand why somebody might think that, but at that point you just shouldn't be reading threads about the game. Honestly it isn't that hard to avoid spoilers unless you need to look at the thread for that thing every single day.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

That guy was badass

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Running man owns

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

WAPOW *chops through the fourth impact* KACHOW *karate kicks right through instrumentality*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

thanks.

• Locked thread