Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zoe posted:

This discussion is dumb and you are all dumb

Can't we all just go back to staring mesmerized at sexy dancing Cronus again, feels like we haven't done that in awhile.

We are going to eat each other and you are going to like it

Get your salt and pepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Can I use Old Bay instead

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Holy crap, we all know Hussie's just gonna announce more Paradox Space in like a day or two, just have some patience.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Zoe posted:

Can't we all just go back to staring mesmerized at sexy dancing Cronus again, feels like we haven't done that in awhile.

On the one hand this is dumb and silly, on the other hand I am consistently shocked at the amount of effort people seem to be able to throw into dumb fandom things. I'd call it the energy of youth but I was a lethargic poo poo when I was young too.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Magres posted:

Can I use Old Bay instead

Old Bay is the best. (desperately tries to insert a seadwellers reference, fails.)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I just got to the part where gamzee's now a homicidal maniac, and now it bums me out all over again since i loved gamzee so goddamn much when he was a stoned juggalo

:smith:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
That's what you get for being down with the clown: disappointment and shame.

God I hope that nasty trash never gets out of the freezer.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Zoe posted:

You disgust me. I'd rather March Eridan.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Zeruel posted:

You disgust me. I'd rather March Eridan.
Through a minefield?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's cool that the post for elaborating on the pause has its own pause.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
we could call it the psipause

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Piano performance of Sburban Jungle, including sheet music and MIDI. This fandom never ceases from continuing to blow me away with its skills and dedication.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I can't read tumblr at work - how hard does Sburban Jungle look to play? I've been looking for an excuse to pick piano back up and if it's not like... Fantasie Impromptu levels of hard I'd probably have fun taking a stab at it

(gently caress Fantasie Impromptu and gently caress Chopin for writing it. It's my pipe dream piano piece, I have wanted to play it forever and just do not have the technical prowess to play even remotely well)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.mediafire.com/view/sza83tsw8hsqhtc/Sburban_Jungle.pdf

This is the sheet music

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Not too bad if you have a third arm. Otherwise those sixteenth-notes on the baseline look....cumbersome.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Okay this

This is just a glitch right, and it's just a chord with E an octave below middle C and a E an octave below that, right? Because I've played a lot, lot of music and I have no idea what the hell that means otherwise.

Plom Bar posted:

Not too bad if you have a third arm. Otherwise those sixteenth-notes on the baseline look....cumbersome.

The poo poo part of playing it is gonna be doing the melody in the right hand while keeping up the background neverending onslaught of sixteenth notes. Like the right hand in Measure 19 is an absolute bastard, to the point that there's no way I can play it. You have to try and hit stuff more than two octaves above middle C interwoven into the syncopated beat that's 6-8 notes above middle C. I was going to try to learn this and make a recording of it on a piano to post, but I can't do that syncopated stuff in the right hand and the high melody line at the same time.

This motherfucker, right here

No can do - if the base line were empty right there you could reach over and hit those high notes with your left hand, but the syncopation line at full speed (if the song weren't 130 bpm it'd also be doable) is going to eat your right hand's attention for as long as it runs, and there's no way to mix in those high notes.

Actually something else I noticed in that measure, you have to switch from playing five hundred notes per minute sixteenth notes into a nine note stretch between the last sixteenth note of beat 3 and the start of beat 4. Sburban Jungle owns but it's not physically playable. So... I agree! Three arms! But cause the right hand work, not the left :cheeky:

(Sorry for the piano dorking out, I played for a really long time as a kid and but haven't had an actual piano to play on regularly in over a decade and I miss it)

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 4, 2015

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Whatever software he used put the notes on two different layers. The stems for the low E are separated from the stems for the high E, assuming that's all bass clef. It looks like it's supposed to be a unison rhythm.

Edit: I hosed up the end of the measure, but you get the idea.

XkyRauh fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 4, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
That's what I was thinking, I just kind of blanched at that and wanted to make sure I had it right that it was just software being buggy instead of some horrifying monstrosity I've never seen elsewhere in sheetmusic.

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 4, 2015

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Its actually new notation signalling that you should start vibrating madly and clip through the keyboard.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

what's the note for lighting the cannon fuse, again

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

AriadneThread posted:

what's the note for lighting the cannon fuse, again

It's just a stage direction between rigatoni and oiling the bow. It's critical that you simultaneously tilt the bongos, though.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Nah, just hit C flat.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Nah, just hit C flat.

that's your answer to everything

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Well

I'm out of act 5

into act 6, aka the adventures of Stupid Fuckhead, Creepy Fuckhead, Stupid Female Fuckhead, and Roxy

I...I sure am looking forward to rereading this

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxxupation posted:

Well

I'm out of act 5

into act 6, aka the adventures of Stupid Fuckhead, Creepy Fuckhead, Stupid Female Fuckhead, and Roxy

I...I sure am looking forward to rereading this

Don't worry.

You've got new friends waiting for you

Wonderful friends

purfect friends

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ARGH JANE'S HERE

THIS IS ALREADY THE WORST

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Creepy Fuckhead eventually gets better? Sort of?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Magres posted:

(Sorry for the piano dorking out, I played for a really long time as a kid and but haven't had an actual piano to play on regularly in over a decade and I miss it)

Piano dorking out is really cool and I enjoyed reading it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Toxxupation posted:

ARGH JANE'S HERE

We had to wait for updates to this poo poo. Months.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Toxxupation posted:

ARGH JANE'S HERE

Jane is cool and good and Oxxidation was right to troll you. :colbert:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ikanreed posted:

We had to wait for updates to this poo poo. Months.

i know

i was there the first time

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I love Roxy and Dirk, and am willing to tolerate Jane, but there really is no excuse for Jake.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I love Roxy and Dirk, and am willing to tolerate Jane, but there really is no excuse for Jake.

I love Roxy because she is the best, Dirk is great because he eventually owns up to how much of a lovely human being he is, Jane is awesome and gently caress the haters, and Jake goes from being fantastic to terrible to tragic and depressing.

Meanwhile literally all of the Beta kids are loving wonderful and gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Jane is cool and good

Jane is cool in the way a plate of lumpy mashed potatoes left on the countertop is cool, and about as good.

At least Jake can amuse and entertain in how unrelentingly terrible he is. Jane has absolutely nothing going for her.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

Jane is cool in the way a plate of lumpy mashed potatoes left on the countertop is cool, and about as good.

At least Jake can amuse and entertain in how unrelentingly terrible he is. Jane has absolutely nothing going for her.

To be fair she has to follow in the footsteps of Nannasprite, who is one of the best characters in the comic.

Like seriously, of all of the people who we see both iterations of, Jane is the worst of the bunch compared to her original.

We don't know enough about Alt John, Rose Dave and Jade to say anything about them as characters, Mom was neat but most of her good qualities obscured by Rose's issues and Roxy is just amazing, Grandpa would rank higher than Jake if he actually got to talk, and Bro

Well uh yeah. Bro is Bro is Bro.

Jane suffers because we have an infinitely better Jane already who is still around.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Roxy makes up for everyone so I ain't care

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Zoe posted:

I finally 'get' why people like Amporas

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I like Jake. Not more than any other character I like, but I like him.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Regy Rusty posted:

Roxy makes up for everyone so I ain't care

this is true i just got to roxy's first convo with jane and i was like whew okay maybe this'll be okay

i mean, it won't be, because soon i'll be at dirk orchestrating his friend's death for hot makeouts and other associated horrid bullshit but for the time being roxy being a drunken louse is p awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like Jane but her problem is that she's too normal for this comic.