Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
No traditional key ceremony? gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Does Steve talk to anyone in the house? I am loving the Steve clips every episode.

Thank god Clay and Shelli are both up. Hopefully it's enough to send one of them home, preferably Shelli.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Twin Cinema posted:

Does Steve talk to anyone in the house?

He's a chatterbox but it's not that exciting. He asks other people about themselves and their perspective in this whole nerdy "I don't understand anything about the world... tell me more" shtick

Then he says "Nice!" after they tell him something, and that's pretty much Steve in the BB house.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

James is quickly becoming one of my favorite guests. Loved the way he handled everything, and love how lovely Shelly acted. Going after them was huge.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

James at least has some guts, which is more than can be said for most. 90% of the HoH's in his position would have allowed themselves to be steered to a Becky/Steve/Johnny Mac eviction.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I liked the ceremony. James is honestly a pretty good houseguest and makes for dramatic TV when he is in power. His dumb faces are a plus too. When Shelly and Clay both had a mini blow up he just stared at them like he didn't' know what to do, and seemed to snap out of it to go "Uhhhh this nomination ceremony has adjourned."

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.
I know Battle of the Block is dumb and I'm glad it's over, but it really makes Sunday's shows very boring. Either they have the drawn out conclusion to an endurance HoH, or they just dick around until the veto ceremony.

I miss Have-Not and luxury comps, or at least something to keep the show moving.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Did they drop BB Takeover as well?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Twin Cinema posted:

Did they drop BB Takeover as well?

They seemed to have silently dropped BB Takeover hoping everyone would forget about the "twists" that did next to nothing.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Snowmankilla posted:

James is quickly becoming one of my favorite guests. Loved the way he handled everything, and love how lovely Shelly acted. Going after them was huge.

James and Johnny Mac are easily my favorites. Becky went from one of my favorites to immediately being someone I didn't like when she went running to Clay and Shellie about them being the noms.

Clellie's response to their nomination was delicious. They were SO incredulous that they, of all people, could possibly be nominated. Clay pulling the 'I'm a man of my word' schtick after all the crap he and Shellie have pulled was equally tasty. I hope Vanessa drops them like a bad habit.

My hope is that Shellie gets the boot even in the wake of Clay campaigning people to vote him out instead of Shellie.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SuperSpiff posted:

I know Battle of the Block is dumb and I'm glad it's over, but it really makes Sunday's shows very boring. Either they have the drawn out conclusion to an endurance HoH, or they just dick around until the veto ceremony.

I miss Have-Not and luxury comps, or at least something to keep the show moving.

If you thought Sunday's show was boring then you're crazy. The Sixth Sense started to fall apart (or did) and James went from promising not to put up two people to putting up those two people. What more do you want?

blue squares fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 3, 2015

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Do people not watch for the thrilling physical competition?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

LostRook posted:

Do people not watch for the thrilling physical competition?

Big Brother challenges are almost always very boring, in my opinion. I suspect you're being sarcastic, though.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Dropping both takeovers and BotB is fantastic.

BotB served it's purpose in making houseguests start to play faster (floating for a fair while is a good strategy in standard BB, but boring to watch), and twists have forever been the bane of BB. I would have preferred just a couple of weeks of BotB, but at least it's done now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i would be cool with botb being a permanent addition to the show for the pre-jury phase of the game

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

minoru suzuki posted:

i would be cool with botb being a permanent addition to the show for the pre-jury phase of the game

No. No no no no no. No.

BOTB= people throwing comps. Every week. NO

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd be ok with it for like the first 2 weeks, maybe, since it kind of becomes an incentive to play hard and form alliances out the gate and discourages floating. Which is probably the point of it. Its supposed to make "floaters" have to fight in BotB. And I think that's ok for a very short period of time, maybe.

But it HAS to be gone quickly because if you let it linger it just creates an atmosphere of the same pawns and "the house." 1 or 2 weeks tops. Maybe just a random week in the middle of the season. But running it for a month to begin the game is bad and encourages pawns and power alliances.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

minoru suzuki posted:

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

(but really, BotB sucks... make it go away. It's the Redemption Island of BB).

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
If it worked like its intended, to have both HOH's wanting to stay HOH, then it would be okay for a couple weeks or even possibly til jury. However, all it seems to do is make a giant alliance and sets up a bunch of pawns.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
A good addition to the BOTB to me would be to make the losing HOH be the 3rd member on the block like when they had 3 people go up in BB15.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

A good addition to the BOTB to me would be to make the losing HOH be the 3rd member on the block like when they had 3 people go up in BB15.
Now, I can sort of get behind that.
That'll at lease calm the comp throws down a little.

Cept, no one will want to go for HOH as a result if such a rule were in play.

Everyone would fall off of the wiener when Julie says "Go!" and they'd have to use instant replay during commercial break to find out whose feet hit the ground last. Doesn't make for exciting teevee comp footage.

Good idea in theory but still can be gamed.

BotB is just a bad thing overall.

What about in lieu of BotB, the HOH makes 2 noms per normal and the rest of the house nominates a 3rd per DR vote? That could spark a fire under the rear end of floaters just as much. Is that what they did in BB15? I don't remember.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Robnoxious posted:

What about in lieu of BotB, the HOH makes 2 noms per normal and the rest of the house nominates a 3rd per DR vote? That could spark a fire under the rear end of floaters just as much. Is that what they did in BB15? I don't remember.

Then HOH would be meaningless, since whoever the house put up as the third person would probably also be the person to go home.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Robnoxious posted:

Now, I can sort of get behind that.
That'll at lease calm the comp throws down a little.

Cept, no one will want to go for HOH as a result if such a rule were in play.

Everyone would fall off of the wiener when Julie says "Go!" and they'd have to use instant replay during commercial break to find out whose feet hit the ground last. Doesn't make for exciting teevee comp footage.

Good idea in theory but still can be gamed.

BotB is just a bad thing overall.

In BB15, the secret MVP, chosen by America, selected the third nominee.

I rather see that come back, in a season without returnees/relatives, than see BotB ever again. The MVP thing could be interesting if they implement the same "can't win two weeks in a row" thing they have for HoH. The only reason it was a little uninteresting in BB15 is because Rachel's sister was in the house and had her fan base flooding the votes. Also, most of the other HGs were awful.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That segment with Clay's gibberish talk was amazing.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

That segment with Clay's gibberish talk was amazing.
Concussions are no laughing matter... but with Clay it just works.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: PREVIOUSLY... ON ENTITLED SHELLY err BIIIIIG BROTHER! :siren:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

James dropping the truth bombs down on the Pretty People.

This was such a great moment... James shut those two right the gently caress down with valid reasons. They may still show it after the break, there's a lot more to that hammock room convo that even Shelli had to say "James is loving right" afterwards.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Did James just say he spent 3 years in prison?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

Did James just say he spent 3 years in prison?
The armed services is a lot like prison... unless he worked for Leavenworth while he served.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I think he said he was a corrections officer at some point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rafington posted:

I think he said he was a corrections officer at some point.

Yeah. He's both an Army veteran and a former prison guard.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Meg is getting a bit drinky sitting on the sidelines.

Vvvv Meg is the very definition of "lush" vvvV

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 6, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You would think a new york waitress would have learned to handle a substantial amount of liquor... apparently not Meg.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

#BBScandal

Lol, more like #MegWantsAPiece

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You would think a new york waitress would have learned to handle a substantial amount of liquor... apparently not Meg.

She's a shameful Bridge and Tunnel girl.

Go home, Meg. You're drunk.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I think this was the best episode of the season. The only thing missing was some awkward Steve moment.

Loved drunk Meg.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Twin Cinema posted:

I think this was the best episode of the season. The only thing missing was some awkward Steve moment.

Loved drunk Meg.

They opted for letting steve say a random single line to Johnny Mac.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Was that really the best that Clay and Shelly could come up with? Trying to pin everything on Austin as the great power in the house?

That was stupid as hell. I thought the move should have been, "Yes, James, we've been running this house all the way through. Keep us in, become part of our alliance, and we'll run the house together".

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah when there was only a few minutes left before they showed Clay and Shelli try their move, I knew it was doomed.

I hope Clay stays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

And we are off to the races.

• Locked thread