Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
To be fair, I think the point of Goose is that she's really needlessly violent, but I can understand the comparison to Ajin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Squidster posted:

I maintain that making the Escape Artists immortal really takes away from the interesting part of the pitch. In the beginning, they had better tech and training than their regenerating opponents, but they still felt vulnerable. Now that it's clear that there were never any stakes in the earlier violence, it makes it feel a bit pointless.
Are they immortal? I may be forgetting something but this chapter makes sure to show that she doesn't just "rewind", she manually attaches her arm and pulls a Senator Armstrong with it. I'm inclined to think their powers come from some kind of NANOMACHINES, SON!

I've been feeling it's gotten a bit too gratuitously violent for its own good for a bit now, but this chapter seemed like the most logical use of the gratuitous violence to me. Both because Goose is a total monster, and because she's right, the only way to make the immortals fear is to cause them pain WITHOUT killing them. But Windchime flipping her poo poo was a great moment, for sure. Seems we might be reaching a critical plot dump point soon though.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 23, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Squidster posted:

I also stumbled across Terrarium in Drawer, which is loving fantastic. It's a series of short whimsical tales, with a lighthearted surrealism to them. It's good poo poo.

This is really good thanks. Murder Paradox was wonderful.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm catching up with Immortal Hounds, and I think that Windchime and the police chief make a cute couple.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crosspostin'

Punpun licensed by Viz. Coming 2016
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-24/viz-media-licenses-inio-asano-goodnight-pun-pun-manga/.90859

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
New volume of I Am a Hero is up today. someone dies

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/I-Am-a-Hero

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Izumi Konata posted:

New volume of I Am a Hero is up today. someone dies

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/I-Am-a-Hero

The peak of human evolution: goons.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Captain Invictus posted:

The peak of human evolution: goons.

:agreed:

It really makes sense when you think about it. Even the protagonist is the prototypical TFR goon who puts great effort into his OPs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

loving FINALLY

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Edit: how did I end up making a random post here? Sorry!

Chococat fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 27, 2015

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

New Yotsubato!!

http://bato.to/read/_/335336/yotsubato_ch88_by_imperial-scans

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
known seinen manga yotsubato

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's more seinen than it is shonen.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's published in a shounen magazine tho

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
Hay everybody! I had a cool idea to take sets from Strauss, Neil's The Game, and practice storyboarding the sets. Lucky for me, I forgot and some Korean dude did it first instead! Way to go, me!

"Are those nails real, or are they happy to see me?"

Nate RFB posted:

It's published in a shounen magazine tho

Finer than a frog's hair split four ways.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
One real cool dog in the new chapter of March Comes In Like A Lion.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Skill of Lure is kinda alright I guess. I had to skip the chapter where the PUA tells the protagonist about Negging though because I have listened to way too many Fplus podcasts about PUAs to see them in a positive light.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you should not see PUAs in a positive light, no matter what podcasts you have or have not listened to

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Couldn't find a request thread, but I am trying to find a couple of pages from Vagabond where Musashi is making some little oni wood carvings. Anyone with an encyclopedic memory remember what chapters that was happening in? TIA.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Couldn't find a request thread, but I am trying to find a couple of pages from Vagabond where Musashi is making some little oni wood carvings. Anyone with an encyclopedic memory remember what chapters that was happening in? TIA.

The kind buddha craftsman who took Takezou in, unbeknownst to a passion with cutting wooden stumps for a hobby that exceeded even hs professional expertise. I remember it being somewhere after the middle.

Please give me a few minutes, Vagabond is indeed supersweet and well overdue for a climactic update. I've been meaning to revisit it after my disappointment with the ending to Shamo.

e:, wow, Kojirou gets a lot of screen time, and the timing is so disjointed. I'm glad I'm not getting paid for this.

Izumi Konata fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 31, 2015

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
Okay, I think the buddha carving episode was after his felling of the juppon gatana or the shinsen gumi. I know he was on the run, lame, crippled, and looking for a safehouse. Dude didn't know Takezou was really Musashi the loosener of limbs.

My goodness, this manga is like a nightmare for unified time.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
Chapter 181 - Carving Demons.

Izumi Konata fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 31, 2015

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Izumi Konata posted:

Chapter 181 - Carving Demons.

Awesome! Thanks probated homie, I appreciate it.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
New Teppu : http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Teppu

We finally get some fighting going on.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Leper Residue posted:

That's the good poo poo. Though it's fairly basic trading of blows right now.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Leper Residue posted:

also this

I'm gonna miss this one when it ends. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Apparently the latest chapter of Fort of the apocalypse, which just went up on crunchyroll, is the final chapter.

except it's not, because the TRUE ENDING is coming out later

God I hate japan's prevalence for this poo poo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Captain Invictus posted:

Apparently the latest chapter of Fort of the apocalypse, which just went up on crunchyroll, is the final chapter.

except it's not, because the TRUE ENDING is coming out later

God I hate japan's prevalence for this poo poo

You need to read the manga again on hard to unlock the True Ending.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Doing it like that means Fort of the Apocalypse got cancelled (the fact that the ending is super abrupt wrt the bokors also)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah. A shame too, it's one of the more creative and fun takes on a zombie apocalypse series.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I found Fort of the Apocalypse somewhat entertaining at first but it was too goddamn ANIME with the characters and plot. When that special forces unit came there with the moe girl as their leader or some poo poo I just rolled my eyes and stopped.

I Am A Hero is a much more interesting series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Immortal Hounds, goose is still a huge poo poo but I liked the character development and planning we got from Windchime and the other one.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
You're all forgetting the best part of Dorohedoro

The rad sneaks

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I remember reading somewhere that the lady who does Dorohedoro said something to the effect of "Faces are the one thing I'm not good at drawing, so I decided to tell a story where everyone wears masks."

Hilarious if true. Also cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

her faces are kind of adorable though

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
IIRC she said she feels they're very samey, which I guess they kind of are compared to everything else she draws.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Immortal Hounds status: Still creepy.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

DisDisDis posted:

You're all forgetting the best part of Dorohedoro

The rad sneaks

If you're gonna post a character with sweet kicks, post Johnson

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

That's more variety than most anime in the last couple years

Johnson's are indeed good

A better shot of Kaiman's

I think these are my favorites

Is the new Jiro Matsumoto thing full of graphic rape like literally everything else he's ever done? If not, is it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

Is the new Jiro Matsumoto thing full of graphic rape like literally everything else he's ever done? If not, is it any good?

What new Jiro Matsumoto thing? Joshi Kouhei? It's the last work I see he has.
The tags are:
Anal Intercourse Nudity Pegging Psychopath/s Rape School Girl/s Sex Addict/s Sex Toy/s Sketchy Art Style Suicide/s

so I suppose you aren't going to like it!
I didn't like the shot story that it's the basis, so I don't have hopes for it to be good. I don't see how from that flimsy concept he got six volumes. Though I usually like his work, I liked everything except Wendy, Becchin to Mandara , and two or three short stories.