Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Droopy Goines posted:

Similarities between Anthony and Fez :

- Both considered "pissy-eyed faggots" at some stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Ug O and A both slowly turning into Scorch is really making me appreciate how great Bennington is. I'm throwing around toonies like they were loonies.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I havnt had a chance to listen to morning Bennington yet today, prolly won't until sometime later this weekend but one thing I noticed last time they did the morning show was how much dumber the OnA/J callers are.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

It feels like Opie won't but anyone on the air if he doesn't think they will start some lovely shouting match. Ron can actually discuss things with people.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

CrashCat posted:

It feels like Opie won't but anyone on the air

:golfclap:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

pfg-tv with anthony cumia

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Some will kill and some will rob
Why don't they just get a job

WEIRD COONS!

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Morter posted:

WEIRD COONS!

Close the thread, we don't ever need other posts about Ant anymore after this. loving hilarious.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sankis posted:

Morter posted:

WEIRD COONS!

lmfao

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

WEIRD COONS!

BRAVISSIMO!

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Morter posted:

WEIRD COONS!
:laffo: Fantastic.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sam and Dan Soder yapping about some redneck sheriff and then going into Macho Man talking to Hulk about racism had me cracking up

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 5, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Sankis posted:

Do they not understand that a comic con might not have the type of crowd they're looking for? There wasn't a gun show nearby?

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Sankis posted:

Reserved the whole hallway but only needed half.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Morter posted:

WEIRD COONS!

:vince:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sankis posted:

Oh no! I want to be sad for that, but LOL!

I hope Anothony next claims the entire hall was filled.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I guess Ant won't be much of an Amy Schumer fan anymore.

Mashable posted:

Amy Schumer joins her cousin, Sen. Chuck Schumer, in gun control fight

Amy Schumer joined her cousin, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D.-NY), at a Manhattan press conference on Monday to help him announce a new plan and public push to crack down on mass shootings and gun violence in America.

The two came together in the wake of last month's shooting at a movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana, which occurred during a showing of Amy Schumer's comedy "Trainwreck." The shooter, who was identified as a "drifter" with a history of mental health issues, killed two women, Mayci Breaux and Jillian Johnson, and injured nine others.

"If there's anything that the mass shootings...have taught us, it's that we should do everything in our power to close these loopholes," said Sen. Schumer. "We all know that if laws were tighter, the shooter in Charleston would not have been able to purchase a gun."

Schumer, the senator, has sponsored various pieces of of legislation related to gun control, ranging from gun buyback programs to anti-gun trafficking laws.

He's also sought to close loopholes related to the purchasing of guns over the Internet and by juveniles. He has an "F" rating by the National Rifle Association — a point he's frequently touted.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I'm more shocked that Amy Schumer and Chuck Schumer are actually related :psyduck:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

I guess Ant won't be much of an Amy Schumer fan anymore.

I'm sure she'll be crying that she's not hitting the sad basement-dwelling gun nut demographic.

Sheen Sheen posted:

I'm more shocked that Amy Schumer and Chuck Schumer are actually related :psyduck:

Same here.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ant literally is a basement-dwelling gun nut. I love that fact. True, the rest of the house is there, but he broadcasts from the basement.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
As much as I think Anthony is the better "on air talent" than Opie at this point his show has dragged him down so far I don't even think if he approached Opie with the idea of reforming that the Opster would even want to.

As unfunny as he is, he's supported by Norton and the rotating guests of comics and the show doesn't seem to be struggling to keep it audience. They don't even need Anthony on the show anymore at this point

I thought it'd be the exact opposite, stupid me.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I just hope he keeps taking the day off leaving jimmy to do Norton and Friends.

The two tics that have been bugging me lately:
1. Not reading or watching anything and then saying "I gotta watch/read that, I'm so behind!"
2. Not listening to what's going on in studio, and then having the guest repeat themselves, or making a joke/asking a question that they just went over a minute before

At least there seems to be less HOLD ON HOLD ON

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Opie's been doing some weird voice affectations lately, especially with laughs or groans and poo poo that seems forced as hell and it's vaguely bothering me every time I hear it. He loves loving with the twitter shitheads though so I imagine it's something he thinks he's doing to piss them off. Mostly it just distracts me from what he's trying to say but then it's usually repeating something he said a second ago because it got nothing.

Who was it in with Jim alone the other day? Dan Soder again maybe? I only caught a tiny bit in the car but that was pretty drat entertaining. Strange thing when I hear a funny clip of the channel in the car it's basically anyone but Opie. :iiam:

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

CrashCat posted:

Opie's been doing some weird voice affectations lately, especially with laughs or groans and poo poo that seems forced as hell and it's vaguely bothering me every time I hear it. He loves loving with the twitter shitheads though so I imagine it's something he thinks he's doing to piss them off. Mostly it just distracts me from what he's trying to say but then it's usually repeating something he said a second ago because it got nothing.

Who was it in with Jim alone the other day? Dan Soder again maybe? I only caught a tiny bit in the car but that was pretty drat entertaining. Strange thing when I hear a funny clip of the channel in the car it's basically anyone but Opie. :iiam:

Kurt Metzger. And yeah, Opie's affectations and tics annoy the hell out of me. But stuff like last week's Tilly vs. Chip conversation at the end of the show (last Tuesday or Wednesday I think?) are what keeps me around.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Kurt Metzger is the only reason I keep checking in on the show. I love that guy and will listen to him do anything.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apoplexy posted:

Kurt Metzger is the only reason I keep checking in on the show. I love that guy and will listen to him do anything.
Yeah he was wrecking it, I gotta look through my downloads and find more of him. Assuming the app doesn't have a shitfit again and delete my poo poo randomly. Seriously getting tired of being told my phone has the wrong date and it nuking a bunch of shows.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Where's my monkey boy. Get some more ice in my bucket hat. Suspect's 6'3 African-American.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qKQXc3XWwA Ignore the picture of a little kid behind the board.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

As much as I think Anthony is the better "on air talent" than Opie at this point his show has dragged him down so far I don't even think if he approached Opie with the idea of reforming that the Opster would even want to.

As unfunny as he is, he's supported by Norton and the rotating guests of comics and the show doesn't seem to be struggling to keep it audience. They don't even need Anthony on the show anymore at this point

not to rub salt in the wound, but the idea that anthony would bring down siriusxm single-handedly is really funny to me

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Agreed. Wish he was on more than Sherrod Small. Metzger is the funny half of the Race Wars podcast.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Paul Kersey posted:

Agreed. Wish he was on more than Sherrod Small. Metzger is the funny half of the Race Wars podcast.

SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED!

SHOTS FIRED!

There, that's Sherrod's entire contribution to RW, every episode.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, Sherrod's not great. He's funny on stage, though.

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah, Sherrod's not great. He's funny on stage, though.

I like his voice at least, but yeah, especially on Opie he just kind of up-parrots whatever's being said with his type of spin.
He also says friend of the family enough sometimes to where it really can be uncomfortable.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
If you go by Reddit, they're saying that Ron said on TACS that Fez had another heart attack.

And he's blaming it on Anthony trying to get him to appear at Comic Con. To quote Fez's text "LOL"

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 5, 2015

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Haha Fez owns.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

not to rub salt in the wound, but the idea that anthony would bring down siriusxm single-handedly is really funny to me
When SiriusXM's idiocy has finally driven the last normal person away, there will still be a legion of bored as poo poo truckers stuck listening on some God-forsaken craphole stretch of road.

Then they could rehire Anthony and he'd fit right in.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

ant doesn't need sirius or opie, his studio is up and running in the city now, and each show has had a number of guests since then

it's more like the old O&A show, minus the O (which added nothing) and i think it will continue to grow now that guests can visit without having to drive through traffic to long island for a couple hours

yesturday it was ron, today it was bob kelly, voss, and bert,

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Ramsus posted:

ant doesn't need sirius or opie, his studio is up and running in the city now, and each show has had a number of guests since then

it's more like the old O&A show, minus the O (which added nothing) and i think it will continue to grow now that guests can visit without having to drive through traffic to long island for a couple hours

yesturday it was ron, today it was bob kelly, voss, and bert,

Eh, I don't know. His basement show had the same show of support that slowly tapered off.

The new studio fixes the location issue but there's still the problem of having a significantly smaller audience than anything on Sirius or traditional FM or free podcasts.

(But I hope it continues and doesn't degenerate into book shills and solo Anthony shows)

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Another hilarious viral video from the Opester. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmqsbUTiN0o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
It's also worth noting that OandA had a full staff preparing bits for the 3 of them which is unlikely to happen on his solo show. Sure you got one or 2 tech guys but there's probably never going to be something as hilarious as as the 3 of them slowly dissecting Scorch or Lady Di's internship again.

Maybe have Lady Di intern on Anthony's show for a few bucks. I'd definitely pirate the poo poo out of that.

• Locked thread