Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Twat le Piss posted:

Been seeing this making the rounds today, apparently we're after Leon Goretzka?:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/04/southampton-making-11-2m-transfer-bid-for-leon-goretzka-5325919/

quote:

A dynamic box-to-box midfielder who can score goals and tackle, landing this guy would be a real coup and should secure Southampton’s places as the ultimate hipster team.

I want to murder everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Raffles posted:

Lol fuckin ell. Written by trp favourite...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Twat le Piss posted:

Been seeing this making the rounds today, apparently we're after Leon Goretzka?:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/04/southampton-making-11-2m-transfer-bid-for-leon-goretzka-5325919/

What do Sky Sports say about his Football Manager attributes? They're dead good.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

you can tell which reporters play football manager by the proportionate level of hype they are for goretzka

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

Abeid is off to the German second divison which is pretty weird because he's one of the fringe-y players I'd probably hold on to and he's surely better than the German second division.

I like Abeid and would want to keep him too, but unless Tiote goes I can't see him getting a lot of games. Central midfield is pretty well stocked with Colback, Anita, Sissoko, Tiote, Wijnaldum, De Jong. You can say that only Colback and Tiote play more of the defensive role well enough but I guess he didn't convince Steve.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Raffles posted:

I wonder why calling teams that is a thing these days. The Guardian said Stoke were dangerously close to becoming a hipster favourite today.

Munin fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 4, 2015

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Chuba Akpom has signed a season long loan for Hull just days after Wenger said he's definitely not going on loan this year so I guess this means Benzema is coming in??

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

itisnothappening.gif

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

euroboy posted:

Chuba Akpom has signed a season long loan for Hull just days after Wenger said he's definitely not going on loan this year so I guess this means Benzema is coming in??

Real say Benzema has a thigh strain now. In advance of his big move I'm sure.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Von Linus posted:

Real say Benzema has a thigh strain now. In advance of his big move I'm sure.

Nah, that was just another 17 year old prostitute.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Munin posted:

I wonder why calling teams that is a thing these days. The Guardian called Stoke dangerously close to become a hipster favourite today.

west ham are the real hipster team.

hell, i'm vegan and live in brooklyn

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Bovril Delight posted:

I like Abeid and would want to keep him too, but unless Tiote goes I can't see him getting a lot of games. Central midfield is pretty well stocked with Colback, Anita, Sissoko, Tiote, Wijnaldum, De Jong.

Bigirimana is still there too. He looked good I thought when he had the odd Europa League game a couple of years ago, but he's obviously out of favour or injuries have destroyed him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Al2001 posted:

Bigirimana is still there too. He looked good I thought when he had the odd Europa League game a couple of years ago, but he's obviously out of favour or injuries have destroyed him.

I think like most of the youth players he had a bad game and Pardew just never trusted him after that

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Have Manchester United made an offer for Stones? I would think he'd be a good way to address their defense issues.

Re: Hipster Teams: People who didn't like Stoke under Pulis didn't like it "up 'em" (probably due to homophobia). It's as if other teams' fans were entitled to relegation-ensuring entertainment.

It's weird how Hughes seems to need to stay within a certain fund restriction to be at his best. I wonder if it's due to his relationship with Joorabchian screwing things up when faced with easy money.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 4, 2015

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I can't believe lee tomlin has left the boro :( he was a top lad

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Chelsea have told Tottenham to name their price for left-back Danny Rose, with the Blues prepared to pay £15m for the 25-year-old.

Sounds real imo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Blue Star Error posted:

Sounds real imo

It's clearly some top trolling by a guy in Chelsea's front office to see what ridiculous number comes back when someone asks Levy to 'name his price'.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

I can't believe lee tomlin has left the boro :( he was a top lad

my... my thread title...

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Raffles posted:

my... my thread title...

this is karma for trolling the mighty reading fc

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
BRISTOL CITY: Robins prepared to break transfer record to land Manchester United's Jesse Lingard

Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard is reportedly a target for Bristol City.

CHAMPIONSHIP newcomers Bristol City are prepared to break their transfer record in a bid to land Manchester United starlet Jesse Lingard.

National newspaper reports suggest United manager Louis van Gaal is prepared to let Lingard leave Old Trafford and the Post understands Robins boss Steve Cotterill is interested in bringing the England Under-21 international to Ashton Gate.

Although as yet unverified, a report in The Sun claims City are lining up a £2.5 million deal for Lingard, wo has made just one Premier League appearance for the Red Devils.

If true, that would outstrip the £2.25m the Robins paid Crewe Alexandra for striker Nicky Maynard in the summer of 2008.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Robins-linked-Manchester-United/story-27541167-detail/story.html#ixzz3hrBskYt2

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Sounds real imo
"name your price, as long as it's 15 million or less"

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I hope we can still beat them on Saturday :ohdear: I'd probably have to murder someone otbwrwise

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea fans were melting down over the Rose rumours

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

hadji murad posted:

Chelsea fans were melting down over the Rose rumours

That's OK, City fans were melting down over Aaron Cresswell rumors.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Brony Car posted:

Have Manchester United made an offer for Stones? I would think he'd be a good way to address their defense issues.

No, apparently LVG is still going with the 'Ramos or no one' mentality.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen is approaching done deal status:

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2547798/aron-johannsson-set-for-werder-bremen-medical

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Augsburg just signed a replacement LB so Rahman to the Chelsea bench should be happening this week.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Stones is a nothing player and if any club spends a big fee on him ill lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TelekineticBear! posted:

Stones is a nothing player and if any club spends a big fee on him ill lol

English players are bought on sold based on "potential" because none of them are ever actually good.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Stoke has signed uhhh.. Sergio Molina from the mighty whites?? http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/sergio-molina-deal-completed-2593709.aspx

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hegay posted:

Stoke has signed uhhh.. Sergio Molina from the mighty whites?? http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/sergio-molina-deal-completed-2593709.aspx

As resident lover of all things white and fascist, is he any good?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Byolante posted:

As resident lover of all things white and fascist, is he any good?

I don't watch the Juvenil team, ask some of the mods instead :newlol:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Seriously who did Stoke hire for these transfers? I can't even point out Stoke on a map and I'm British and have been to Stoke.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Poor Trent never gets a mention either

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hoops posted:

Seriously who did Stoke hire for these transfers? I can't even point out Stoke on a map and I'm British and have been to Stoke.

in that sweetspot between the northern dystopia and the london dystopia

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I don't know if they have to wait for international clearance to go through before announcing it on the official site, but Molina signed like a month ago. He's already played for the u-21s in a friendly. Same thing happened with Moha too.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

From what I understand it the new director (the owner's son) working in concert with Sparky. I think nearly all the plaudits for the absurd deals we are making should go to Sparky. Somehow we have a net profit while finding all these kids as well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Steve McClaren posted:

We can't lose Moussa, I know there's a lot of interest but he's under contract. On my first day he walked into my office, a specimen of a man

lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Byolante posted:

From what I understand it the new director (the owner's son) working in concert with Sparky. I think nearly all the plaudits for the absurd deals we are making should go to Sparky. Somehow we have a net profit while finding all these kids as well.
I'm not sure that any of them are good

e: well Muniesa is decent, although a bit of a bitch in the tackle and in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
i like that even after he's been sold for not being good enough there are united fans itt posting that rafael was anything other than an average right back with a bit of a temper

• Locked thread