Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is monk or dragoon better dps? I'm trying to decide between those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

It's myth chest vs zenith all over again, get your weapon first if you want to help out your entire party. Get your chest first if you don't give a poo poo and want it first, just don't post about it being the right choice.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
eso chest first cause I don't give a fuuuuck

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cheesetriangles posted:

Boiled strictly down to one DPS number, dragoon trumps monks by a slight margin, but that really doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. Monks depend a lot more on positionals whereas playing dragoon is basically a buff maintaining minigame.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
i live on bigger numbers popping up when I poke things with my stick

plus the crit rate on the eso lance is 90 something from the law ones' 50 odd

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheesetriangles posted:

If you have a bard or a machinist in the party, dragoon is miles ahead. If you don't, they're about equal--monk pulls ahead slightly on a training dummy, but dragoon has the slight advantage in many real fights.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

They are both fairly equal in a full up time fight but Dragoon generally edges out Monk in post 3.0 due to them not suffering as much from downtime as Monk does (even with the 3.0) changes, Dragoon also has much better raid utility right now which has led to every group running one and the second melee spot seems to alternate between Ninja/Monk (Ninja preferred more often due to utility).

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Do you want to be Kain or Yang?

If Yang, what the gently caress?

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Whizbang posted:

Do you want to be Kain or Yang Zell?

Who wouldn't?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

TwistedNails posted:

It's myth chest vs zenith all over again, get your weapon first if you want to help out your entire party. Get your chest first if you don't give a poo poo and want it first, just don't post about it being the right choice.

Tell that to Bads. I mean bards.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Burger McAngus posted:

Who wouldn't?

When the gently caress can we craft hotdogs

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

As I already said, the correct question to be asking is "how many?"

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I got my chest first and it's the best. So much piety.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Patch is up. Over 500mb.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Vermain posted:

Because of how action queues work.

Is it still that idiot stack system where you need to apply your mitigation buff after you know you'll get hit by the spell but before the cast bar fills up but now the cast bar is invisible?

Because I hate that poo poo even as a Black Mage.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Chucat posted:

Is it still that idiot stack system where you need to apply your mitigation buff after you know you'll get hit by the spell but before the cast bar fills up but now the cast bar is invisible?

Because I hate that poo poo even as a Black Mage.

The correct way to do it is to learn the boss rotation.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Patch notes are up. Servers should be coming up shortly too.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/71744-NA-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-Hotfixes-%28Jul.-28-2015%29?p=3214352&viewfull=1#post3214352

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Patch notes are here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/71744-NA-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-Hotfixes-%28Aug.-4-2015%29?p=3214352&viewfull=1#post3214352

That fix to vote dismiss/rejoin is nice.

e: fuk u griselda

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Get rekt, scrub. =P

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Man waking up at 3 am and sitting here refreshing the server status page for the past 2 hours has sucked and I hope it pays off and I can finally get on the server.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Boten Anna posted:

Tell that to Bads. I mean bards.

Hey :smith:

But I'm terrible and always remember you can't spell Bard without BAD, and an extra R for Retard.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

gently caress yes I got on Excalibur with a new character.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

gently caress yes I got on Excalibur with a new character.

Good job! It's worth it to play with such a large community.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

An issue wherein casting the black mage action “Fire III” immediately after receiving the “Firestarter” effect would result in an uninterruptable cast instead of an instant cast.

you motherfuckers that's 2 years late

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone in DGKK that is online I could be friends with so I can apply to guild? Character name is: kala sol

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Amount of Red Scrips per turn in is up by 50%, still can't get myself to care enough to pick up my tools again. Oh well, at least my AST is finally 60 and lots of fun.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

KaneTW posted:

An issue wherein casting the black mage action “Fire III” immediately after receiving the “Firestarter” effect would result in an uninterruptable cast instead of an instant cast.

you motherfuckers that's 2 years late

I would have assumed this would mean they've fixed the pretty much identical problem for Bards with Straight Shot but it doesn't say anything about that. Yoshi pls

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

cheesetriangles posted:

Anyone in DGKK that is online I could be friends with so I can apply to guild? Character name is: kala sol

I'm next to you in game if you'd like to apply.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
When choosing between a weapon and an armor upgrade does the armor upgrade make you look sexier? If so choose that.

People playing the game wrong in this thread. :v:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kithyen posted:

When choosing between a weapon and an armor upgrade does the armor upgrade make you look sexier? If so choose that.

People playing the game wrong in this thread. :v:

that's fine, just not when you're raiding savage because you're being an rear end to the other 7 people you do stuff with.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002

KaneTW posted:

that's fine, just not when you're raiding savage because you're being an rear end to the other 7 people you do stuff with.

https://youtu.be/WrjwaqZfjIY

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, let's loving not.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

gently caress off.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Game files now contain an anniversary event in which the wandering minstrel's crew of important busypeople joins him

it looks rad

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Truga posted:

The correct way to do it is to learn the boss rotation.

That seems pretty backwards.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I somehow feel like we've had this "armor vs weapon" conversation before.

They're doing another 14-hour Anniversary stream. I wonder what the challenges are going to consist of since there's no atma grind yet.

Klades fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 4, 2015

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
A Groundhog Day Reborn

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

You know I thought when they doubled the drops in Alexander I'd no longer having any problems with the system but after 8 runs of A3 today between 3 parties and nothing to show for it I think I'm about to burn down the server.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bland posted:

You know I thought when they doubled the drops in Alexander I'd no longer having any problems with the system but after 8 runs of A3 today between 3 parties and nothing to show for it I think I'm about to burn down the server.
I had great luck last week (my first week of clearing) got a belt, accessory and then 1/2 for the head and hand pieces. Only had to run A2 3 times for my accessory piece. I imagine this week will be more annoying since I'll be aiming for more specific drops rather than whatever the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

quote:

The number of red gatherers’ scrips, red crafters’ scrips and blue crafters’ scrips that can be obtained as rewards from the NPC “scrip exchange” in Idyllshire and Revenant's Toll have been increased.

Except for CUL, because gently caress CUL. I do like how the level 56 recipe awards more blue scripts than the 30 or 59.

• Locked thread