Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I've been trying to watch Experimental but the guy doing it is just so loving boring, surely recreating internet stunts should be a bit more fun. I keep getting the 'I should have died' type of programme vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mickolution posted:

How so? I've not heard about this before.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1767356

do a google search for "cilla black is a bad person", loads of anecdotes on loads of websites

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 2, 2015

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Mickolution posted:

How so? I've not heard about this before.

She's often top of those lists of 'worst celebrities to have on your flight' that cabin crews vote on, and there are plenty of articles out there where journalists mention what an utter bitch she can be.

I mean, if she was remotely pleasant to work with then ITV would have resurrected poo poo like Blind Date years ago, but she's actually not done much career wise for the past few years. The rumor is that she abused some intern who is now a big wig at the channel, and it'd be amazing if that were true.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

CherryCat posted:

I've been trying to watch Experimental but the guy doing it is just so loving boring, surely recreating internet stunts should be a bit more fun. I keep getting the 'I should have died' type of programme vibe.

Honestly it's a wasted opportunity. Reusing Mythbusters tests and the style of presentation made for a really strained viewing experience for me. The interviews instead of VO is a weird touch.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

God Save The Queen

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mr Beens posted:

do a google search for "cilla black is a bad person", loads of anecdotes on loads of websites

So not a paedo, just a regular entitled oval office? Honestly I'm more surprised when they don't turn out to be paedos these days

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Mr Beens posted:

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html posted:

You don't talk to Ms Black.
Ms Black will talk to you.
Ms Black only sits in 1A
Ms Black will have some champagne now.
Ms Black talks through a personal assistant.

Vile bitch, rumour has it she was banned from BA for a while because of her attitiude to staff and excessive demands about seating.

The 1A thing really adds to the story that she 'has to win, no matter what it is'.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I heard she would terrorise runners in TV shows if everything wasn't exactly as she demanded, heard many stories of them being reduced to tears because of her abuse over some minor thing.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sambaintv/status/628459735080116224

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The real question now is when are we going to see a Spaced special?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
So, Humans is over. Last couple of episodes really seemed to drag. Overall a decent series though.

Season 2 has been commissioned so it must have been popular.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I'm sure I read somewhere that Humans is the most popular Channel 4 drama for like 20 years.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Humans was a good show I thought, though I could have sworn that the synths moved more human-like earlier in the series and gradually went more robotic

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

DaWolfey posted:

Humans was a good show I thought, though I could have sworn that the synths moved more human-like earlier in the series and gradually went more robotic

I felt the cop lady kept switching pretty hard between emoting normally and beep boop I'm a robot mode all the time.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

DaWolfey posted:

The irony of this being that as the show went on, they became less robotic and more human.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Woo Bake off!

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

CherryCat posted:

Woo Bake off!

There's a hipster bloke in it that's laughably awful. Silly hat, silly sleeve tattoos, and deplorably awful baking (stop putting stupid ingredients like lime, chocolate and rum in Madeira cake, you silly man)

Tamal the anaesthetist is quite sexy though. I'm rooting for him and the Lithuanian bodybuilder lady who looks like she could and would knock out Paul Hollywood if he criticised her.

I love Bakeoff.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I always wondered if there were try-outs or some sort of competency test before they let you on the bake off.

Watching Stu, I know there is not. So that's my next summer planned.

Edit: Oh god Dorret's gateaux. How can the rest of the season top a grown women slowly collapsing into sobs as her cake runs out the tin between her hands.

Strom Cuzewon fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 5, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They always toss in a punk guy to throw out first round. Cheers to him for getting the decoration on his showstopper though.

taerfu
Oct 7, 2013
I do like that at least the presenters have a sense of proportion, with Sue's "it's just a cake." Glad the hipster is gone.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How is Bake Off so popular? It feels like a top 3 show.

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
I quite like Mel & Sue and food so GBBO works out quite well for me.

Glad that the guy who plays double bass got kicked off.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I'm already anticipating this years Bingate or Custardgate :) At present I like bodybuilder woman and older Scottish lady.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Josh Lyman posted:

How is Bake Off so popular? It feels like a top 3 show.

It's all part of the twee lifestyle trend that really needs to go away now. My Facebook is full of 20 and 30 somethings who are obsessed with baking, sewing, and ruining vintage furniture by painting it a pastel blue. Plus actual old people probably like Mary Berry and poo poo.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

netally posted:

It's all part of the twee lifestyle trend that really needs to go away now. My Facebook is full of 20 and 30 somethings who are obsessed with baking, sewing, and ruining vintage furniture by painting it a pastel blue. Plus actual old people probably like Mary Berry and poo poo.

The idiots in my office started a sweepstake on this stupid loving cake show this afternoon.

edit: it's part of this austerity laden pretentious bullshit wave of TV shows that's led to the likes of benefits street and that manor makeover show existing at the same time.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I hate twee nonsense but I still like how it's a very straightforward show, you learn good baking tips. And the cakes look lovely.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I just like it cuz I like pretty much all cooking shows.

Marie to win, because you don't gently caress with the baking of a wee Scottish woman. They'll bake the poo poo out of you.

Also, People Just Do Nothing continues to be the funniest thing on TV you're not watching.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 6, 2015

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Anyone else watching Dave's Taskmaster? Pretty strong addition to the "excuse for comedians to gently caress around and take the piss out of each other" genre. Tim Key in particular has been great, especially when he cheats.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Yeah, I just like it cuz I like pretty much all cooking shows.

Marie to win, because you don't gently caress with the baking of a wee Scottish woman. They'll bake the poo poo out of you.

Also, People Just Do Nothing continues to be the funniest thing on TV you're not watching.
The actual funniest thing on TV was watching that Bake Off lady's chocolate mousse falling out of her cake, her face slowly taking on an expression of utter despair and dejection

Was nice she didn't go out because of it though, the hat oval office was amazingly shite

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm glad hat boy went because I was raging about his disregard for the brief.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Paperhouse posted:

The actual funniest thing on TV was watching that Bake Off lady's chocolate mousse falling out of her cake, her face slowly taking on an expression of utter despair and dejection

Was nice she didn't go out because of it though, the hat oval office was amazingly shite

Paperhouse can say this because he's actually one of the contestants. He's Mat, the one in the V-neck sweater that looks like your high school English teacher. (I have this on good authority from a trusted source)

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

BizarroAzrael posted:

Anyone else watching Dave's Taskmaster? Pretty strong addition to the "excuse for comedians to gently caress around and take the piss out of each other" genre. Tim Key in particular has been great, especially when he cheats.

Better than I thought it was going to be, certainly. Tim Key cheating was hilarious.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Has anyone watched Hiveminds, BBC4's new quiz show after Only Connect graduated to terrestrial. Despite looking like a lost episode of Blockbuster it plays like hell Boggle, really quite anxiety producing. Also due to the gimmick, it's hard to shout out answers unless you feel like digging out a laser pointer.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rarity posted:

Paperhouse can say this because he's actually one of the contestants. He's Mat, the one in the V-neck sweater that looks like your high school English teacher. (I have this on good authority from a trusted source)
Unfortunately I can't even bake the simplest of things. Then again, maybe neither can he

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Kin posted:

The idiots in my office started a sweepstake on this stupid loving cake show this afternoon.

edit: it's part of this austerity laden pretentious bullshit wave of TV shows that's led to the likes of benefits street and that manor makeover show existing at the same time.

Think I read in Popbitch that GBBO and Benefits Street are made by the same company.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Padje posted:

Think I read in Popbitch that GBBO and Benefits Street are made by the same company.

I'm always amazed that Popbitch is still going. How do they make enough money to have a Soho office? I know they used to charge for forum memberships.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They do a magazine thing now. Probably part funded by someone rich who thinks it's funny.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Padje posted:

That's correct - Love Productions.

Bake Off, Benefits Street, Sewing Bee, Weekend Escapes with Warwick Davis (?!?!?) and, strangely enough, a few programmes on female genital mutilation. They're a diverse bunch.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Kin posted:

And the winner's name's already been leaked, apparently, since someone was backed in from 12/1 to odds-on yesterday and Ladbrokes have suspended betting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006
I like watching GBBO to judge people on the basis of their cooking skills. I also like watching them careen towards disaster with amazingly simple cooking mistakes. And imaging Mary Berry flying in through my window and saying things like 'Yes, but it looks very tasty' to me when I cock things up.