Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Fart Pipe posted:

Guys I have a project for us. We need to get the stuff out of the greenhouses and it will be the perfect time since there will be so many people there. Theres a few awesome future projects that need rescuing from the elements, some of you know what they are and for the rest its gonna be a cool surprise.

Bring your winches and your 4 wheel drives fellas, we got race car planning to do :getin:

This can only result in dragging poo poo with the Bronco, top off, filled with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea I figure with that, my 87 Ram and my tractor we should be able to get most of it out. Probably not the fire truck though, haha. We gotta start planning out the Camaro race car too.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

The justy will be able to get it out.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea I figure with that, my 87 Ram and my tractor we should be able to get most of it out. Probably not the fire truck though, haha. We gotta start planning out the Camaro race car too.

We should drag the Camaro over and pressure wash the fucker this weekend!

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

Noise Complaint posted:

This can only result in dragging poo poo with the Bronco, top off, filled with goons.

Don't worry, I'll pull everything out at once with my truck when your frame snaps in half.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

ACEofsnett posted:

Don't worry, I'll pull everything out at once with my truck when your frame snaps in half.

Hey now, it's not a Tundra. (Also the frame is fine.)

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Terriblerobot and I will be hitting the mostly rust free Virginia yards this weekend in search of truth and fun. If any of you New-Englanders need any parts you can't find up north, post here and we will keep an eye out. Posting a max price you are willing to pay is a plus, since we probably don't have a way of contacting you to confirm before we buy. This applies to anyone going to NEAI or is willing to pay for shipping.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
88-98 full-size Chevy rear bumper chrome in great condition, $100.

Edit- if that's too big, its fine. I'll just grab a Chinese one on eBay.

ed2- thats if you guys are in CT or coming up i-91?

always be closing fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 11, 2015

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

iForge posted:

Terriblerobot and I will be hitting the mostly rust free Virginia yards this weekend in search of truth and fun. If any of you New-Englanders need any parts you can't find up north, post here and we will keep an eye out. Posting a max price you are willing to pay is a plus, since we probably don't have a way of contacting you to confirm before we buy. This applies to anyone going to NEAI or is willing to pay for shipping.

I'm still looking for an MJ harness with a non-hosed fuse panel but I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Can't wait to smoke some venison and get lit on fire.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Oh, we'll be smoking something alright.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Sandbagger SA posted:

I'm still looking for an MJ harness with a non-hosed fuse panel but I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Theres an 89 MJ with 4.0 in the first yard we're stopping at. If the harness is unfucked, I'll grab it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Anyone who needs their AC fixed - I have all the stuff to do R134a now. Bring your own R134a cans (the white ones with blue lettering from walmart are cheap and also don't have stopleak garbage in them) and PAG oil + leak check dye if needed and let me know you're doing so so I can remember to pack my AC tools (vac pump, gauge set, can tap, UV flashlight, scale)

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

Anyone who needs their AC fixed - I have all the stuff to do R134a now. Bring your own R134a cans (the white ones with blue lettering from walmart are cheap and also don't have stopleak garbage in them) and PAG oil + leak check dye if needed and let me know you're doing so so I can remember to pack my AC tools (vac pump, gauge set, can tap, UV flashlight, scale)

wagon probably needs a top off. Just need the gauges and some spergin'

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Slow is Fast posted:

wagon probably needs a top off. Just need the gauges and some spergin'

There will be plenty of spergin' to go around. All the spergin' in fact. You could say NEAI will be sperge central.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea my Foz despite its immobility right now could use a good gaugin' The a/c works awesome right now but the compressor sounds like its working too hard.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Also if we get the 2 vehicles and the 4 tractors that I want to save out of the greenhouses then the keg is on me :getin:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

kastein posted:

please fix mine, thanks in advances

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Same, MR2 needs some cold. Thanks kastein :3:

Err well mine is probably R12 still, but I can bring a retrofit kit as well.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Same, MR2 needs some cold. Thanks kastein :3:

I think Chris still has a 55gallon drum of R12 or something retarded.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I just found a 95-96 XJ airbag so unless anyone wants it intact it looks like we are finding a way to set it off without dying. It is fully mechanical so... yeah. Not sure how...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Put it in a broken kitchen appliance first.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

kastein posted:

I just found a 95-96 XJ airbag so unless anyone wants it intact it looks like we are finding a way to set it off without dying. It is fully mechanical so... yeah. Not sure how...

We can suspend it from a tree with a rope, carefully tape the arming lever over, and then drop it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I like the way you think.

also just found my magnalium, though we empirically verified that sharkytm's idea of using marine flares to ignite thermite is the superior method back in 2012.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

kastein posted:

The last time I set one off, we used 30 feet of romex and a car battery. It launched a Rim about 20 feet into the air.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Who is bringing the toilet

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I am fresh outta toilets, sadly. No quiet fireworks either.

ACEofsnett posted:

The last time I set one off, we used 30 feet of romex and a car battery. It launched a Rim about 20 feet into the air.

This one is mechanical and self contained (it just has an arming lever and the entire trigger mechanism is internal) so all my usual approaches are useless. I think iForge is on the right track here.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You should just use that Braille battery.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
How about overcharge that battery until it catches on fire. And use the metal fire from the battery to ignite the thermite.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
You guys can't let the Chinese make a bigger industrial disaster than
America, you know what you must do

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

rscott posted:

You guys can't let the Chinese make a bigger industrial disaster than
America, you know what you must do

The Canadians still go bigger, albeit not with the lasting effects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_Explosion

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

kastein posted:

Shall I bring the o rings, valve stem pullers and spare valves?

Adiabatic posted:

I can bring R-12 also. You can have it for whatever you can find it for cheapest minus 25% if you need a bunch. If we're talking about a can or two then whatever, it's yours.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Sure, the more the merrier! Your oil/dye injector would help a lot too, I don't have one of those.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I'm really bummed I didn't see this until just now. I definitely won't be able to make it on such short notice. I'll have to keep an eye on the thread so I can join in the next one.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

We have two bags of thermite, seventy-five pounds of grillin' meats, five tanks of propane, a gas cylinder half-full of nitrous, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored rust buckets, trucks, jeeps, beaters, and muscle cars... Also, Ozmiander's quart of tequila, a handle of Beam, Tim's fridge of beer, a spool of flux core, and two dozen Sperglords. Not that we need all that for NEAI, but once you get locked into a serious rust collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worries me is the nitrous. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a nitrous binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Noise Complaint posted:

We have two bags of thermite, seventy-five pounds of grillin' meats, five tanks of propane, a gas cylinder half-full of nitrous, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored rust buckets, trucks, jeeps, beaters, and muscle cars... Also, Ozmiander's quart of tequila, a handle of Beam, Tim's fridge of beer, a spool of flux core, and two dozen Sperglords. Not that we need all that for NEAI, but once you get locked into a serious rust collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worries me is the nitrous. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a nitrous binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

kastein posted:

Sure, the more the merrier! Your oil/dye injector would help a lot too, I don't have one of those.

I've got one I can bring. I also have an electronic leak sniffer if it would be helpful. I think these work best indoors but I'll toss it in anyway, since it's useful when you can't see the dye leaking from the suspect part - like when it's the evap core, and it's buried behind a bunch of poo poo. Also have a spool of mag ribbon to light the thermite somewhere, although it's been kicking around since the first NEAI so I'll have to hunt for it. Road flares are really where it's at for that I think, although sparklers would work pretty well too I bet (??) if anyone has any they could grab.

I'm fresh out of junk BBQs though :(

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'm bringing some marine flares, a wrx motor to melt, and some maine snob beer.

And all the left over forester lights I have in my shed that I want to get rid of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Just a quick seriouspost:

DO NOT drive like an rear end in a top hat it town, anywhere. I own a small business here and its a small town where word gets around and Ill be seriously pissed if anything comes back to me and I have to answer for it. I will throw you under the bus if I have to talk to the cops for any reason.

Do NOT touch my work equipment. I almost didnt host this again after the fuckery that happened with my UTV last time, I was legit pissed about that.

No burnouts in my driveway, at all. I do not own this place, it belongs to my family and the driveway is old and fragile.

If you puke in my house you have to clean it up and I want $100. Just dont do it, puke outside or in the toilet, whatever.

Dont be a goony gently caress, every NEAI has been awesome so far so dont ruin it.

Other than that its gonna be loving awesome, prepare your anuses fellas.

• Locked thread