Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

mango gay touchies posted:

if you have a controller or stick you can use joytokey and it works pretty fine since you don't have to worry about rolls

Yeah, trying to get that set up right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

mango gay touchies posted:

if you have a controller or stick you can use joytokey and it works pretty fine since you don't have to worry about rolls

Once again don't forget to make sure your joytokey is in administrator mode. Playing any fighter on a keyboard is just way too weird for me to ever do

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

melty blood players are true keyboard warriors but they're too busy playing a good fighting game to bother with this american garbage

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do you guys think the game would be worse for showing enemy cool downs?

I guess I don't care too much either way, but it is a little strange that they've streamlined so much but I still have to make a note of the game timer every time someone DPs like I'm playing Quake or something.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

i don't understand why they don't show cooldowns or kinetic but they show lifebars and meter, 2 gauges that are arguably more important to know about

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

bhsman posted:

Yeah I was messing around with him and Gamma (special 3?) wallbounce into Super is :stonklol: Man I really wish they would allow for stick functionality, using a keyboard or gamepad for this is the most odd feeling.

You can go into super from gathering storm too. DP dash cancel into super as well. I think you can also go into super after 2x st.h combo.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
they should show cooldowns right after you use a move for the first time in a match but hide them otherwise

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

they should show cooldowns right after you use a move for the first time in a match but hide them otherwise

Why hide them though?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Anybody but a first time player is gonna know that after you use your big dp you won't have it again for a few secs so they'll jump in like crazy anyway

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Here's a couple more alpha codes for anyone that wants them

IY0B6-2RKA8-JVGV9-1M1Y8-VYD2Q
JB1QF-W752V-F9B36-F3O55-AQB32

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

A surfing dog?! posted:

Took the first one, thanks!

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

A surfing dog?! posted:

I grabbed the second code, thanks friend

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Don't forget #risingthunder on irc so you have someone to rage to when that guy's crossup was totally blocked and gently caress this game :)

*Also future goon lobbies when they add that!

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Probably the easiest edge combo to mash out is (Optional jump-in)-S.M-S.H-S.H into S3.h for the bounce into S1/S2/Super on the rebound.

His S.L/crouching attacks seem to combo into basically nothing, but I'm bad at fightmans.

Syenite fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 4, 2015

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
crL links to stM which means you can do crLL > stMH xx whatever.

Edge has easy combos, but then so does every other character.

stMHH xx S3~H, stH xx S1/S2/super
stMHH xx KDC > stMHH xx S3~H, stH xx S1/S2
crLL > stMH xx S3~L
crLL > stMH xx S1 xx KDC stMHH xx S3~H, stH xx S1/S2
fM xx S2 xx KDC > super
crLL > stMH xx S3~M (reset) S1 xx super
crLL > stMH xx S3~M (reset) S1 xx KDC > stMHH xx super

etc etc. Edge is fun and great.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Trying to do the universal crossup on a stick is super annoying. If you do a down-left or a down-right then you just get a normal heavy. You need to do a perfect down input, which is really easy on keyboard because it's just a single button. On pad and stick I often get a diagonal.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Trying to do the universal crossup on a stick is super annoying. If you do a down-left or a down-right then you just get a normal heavy. You need to do a perfect down input, which is really easy on keyboard because it's just a single button. On pad and stick I often get a diagonal.

Yeah this is pretty annoying.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Oh dang, this explains a lot.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I guess doing eryu's divekick in USF4 has given me some practice since I don't have too much trouble getting the crossup in this game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Have they fixed the round connection thing yet?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Tae posted:

Have they fixed the round connection thing yet?

http://forum.risingthunder.com/discussion/1244/patch-notes-build-1235-08-03-2015 posted:

Bug Fixes

- Fixed one major disconnect issue. You should no longer see the "Waiting..." message after the first game in a match.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Was watching Valle play last night, and he still got that waiting message.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I only played about 8 matches since the patch but none of them ended early.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there no matchmaking?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Tae posted:

Is there no matchmaking?

There is nothing but matchmaking and training currently.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Endorph posted:

360s are a good example. you have to jump into them or buffer them from another input, you can't just rawdog one.

another good example is charge moves, which obviously alter a character's playstyle drastically.

unless its sf4, because then the 360s are actually more like 270s and you can rawdog them :v:

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

There is a really weird bug right now where you'll play a match against someone, then after the first game ends it drops you and puts you in a new game against some other person.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

When I play Edge or Chel I feel like I get matched up against a different character each time, but when I play Vlad, who I assume is played way less than those two, I go on big streaks where I fight like ten Talos players in a row (easiest Legend run ever thanks Radiant) or ten crows or whatever. Are they manipulating matchmaking to get specific match-up data or something?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

fadam posted:

When I play Edge or Chel I feel like I get matched up against a different character each time, but when I play Vlad, who I assume is played way less than those two, I go on big streaks where I fight like ten Talos players in a row (easiest Legend run ever thanks Radiant) or ten crows or whatever. Are they manipulating matchmaking to get specific match-up data or something?

A lot of the big streamers are playing Talos, so he might just be super-popular right now.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Confirmation bias.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Normally grapplers come out of the gate swinging and winning everything.
RT is actually so simplistic that it was really easy to deny Talos a lot of his game without much intuition; only now are people figuring out how to get and stay in with him with consistency.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The Gorp posted:

Normally grapplers come out of the gate swinging and winning everything.
RT is actually so simplistic that it was really easy to deny Talos a lot of his game without much intuition; only now are people figuring out how to get and stay in with him with consistency.

"gently caress, they are duck blocking. Well maybe if I-*Walks/jumps/countered into an invulnerable dragon punch like an idiot*" :doh:

I am a dumb baby how I deal with Chells who cycle between "Duck block" "fireball spam" "dragon punch"? as talos? Things usually go wrong if I try to make use of the vaccum suction and super armor on the ground grapple.

"Okay, I'll super armor to tank their DP/fireball and then-*normal thrown 1 frame before doing your own grab* well balls"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 4, 2015

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Talos doesn't really seem to have a strong answer to zoning characters so your best options seem to be playing patiently to look for gaps in offense, maybe use the super armor on his kick into kinetic advance to get you close. It seems like the nature of the inputs make people jumpy so baiting DPs is pretty easy, talos is in a good position after that

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I've been doing pretty well with getting in as Talos, but I get blown up by basically every good Kinetic Advance Crow I fight. His pressure just feels incredibly safe with KA and Talos' antiairs are garbage. I'd much rather have people toss halos or fireballs around than deal with that.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

the crow/talos matchup seems like the only matchup crow has in his favor, lol

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

teagone posted:

I don't have time to load up the game tonight but there was a build update: http://forum.risingthunder.com/discussion/1244/patch-notes-build-1235-08-03-2015

yes edge and chel need more tools lmao

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
What actually blows Talos up are crossups, his special2 is too slow to correct or catch them.
Additionally id you have a character like Chel who can pick which side she wants to attack at the peak of the jump arc Talos mostly has to resign himself to blocking perfectly.

Honestly, because (->H Airgrab Jab S3) works i don't know why Talos has an airgrab. This isn't a game where you can block in the air anyway, why not get a lariat that actually works as both an anti-air and a defensive tool?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Re: Stick issues.

Unplugged my gamepad, switched the Q4 to Xbox, now it works with no problems. :haw:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I don't understand why Crow players use K-advance.
I know everyone else wants them but you have no way out of pressure and your oki is scary enough to make "longer combos" less of a priority than simple knockdowns.

Also I finally figured out how to use Badcharacter.RUS

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Justin Wong released his combo list on Twitter.

• Locked thread