Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Amazing how it turns into the true version of the story if you just skip the last paragraph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
Haha I thought it would continue with a wacky meet-cute story about how he met his ~true love~ in Cancun. Not that weak rear end wet turd of a fake ending.

The true love was Albert Einstein

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pththya-lyi posted:

Old school STDH from Usama ibn Munqidh, 12th-century Syrian nobleman and author of the memoir Kitab al-I'tibar "Book of Contemplation," which contains eyewitness accounts of the First Crusade and of the Franks [Europeans] who settled in the Holy Land.

Those wacky Franks! :allears:

Hon hon, le cuck meme.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Usama ibn Munqidh, proto GBS poster

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"You did something that gave me gratification, here's some money" - A Womens' Rights activist

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYKInSN6CQA

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

I'm pretty sure this is just the "plot" of the "drunk on a plane" music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM39m22jH4 except he left out the proposal and the pilots being in on the party, I guess to make it more believable?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'm pretty sure this is just the "plot" of the "drunk on a plane" music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM39m22jH4 except he left out the proposal and the pilots being in on the party, I guess to make it more believable?

Hahaha it is too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

No, because the author wants us to know that They Aren't All Bad.

#NotAllDudesWithAGoldWatch

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Murphy Brownback posted:

I wonder if he would try to back track and say it's just really similar or if he'd just go all in and say Dierks Bentley wrote that song about him.

Or he is Dierks Bentley.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's not going to be okay. Tampons can't absorb dough.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Jet fuel can't melt poo poo that didn't happen.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
gently caress you I was just about to post that.

Thank you imgur frontpage, while this is not the first time I saw that post, I am pretty drat sure it still did not happen. (Bonus points for "FAITH IN HUMANITY RESTORED" bullshit at the end there)

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
whats a bogan

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Boris Galerkin posted:

whats a bogan

Australian version of redneck

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Postal Parcel posted:

The most important parts of this story

stop trying to make gerd happen its never going to happen. It isn't fetch enough

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

I'm guessing this person and two of their coworkers brought cards and dominos pizza to a tattoo parlor once to watch their friend get inked. Then, through the magic of internet anonymity, that rather bland experience morphed into this pathetic "epic annual event".

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Drunk Tomato posted:

I'm guessing this person and two of their coworkers brought cards and dominos pizza to a tattoo parlor once to watch their friend get inked. Then, through the magic of internet anonymity, that rather bland experience morphed into this pathetic "epic annual event".

what a bunch of bad rear end rebels

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
The other night a friend's boyfriend proceeded to tell everyone that he was a super cool teenager back in the day (he's in his early 30s) and that by age 16 he did lots of drugs and drank a lot. As a matter of fact, he was drunk every day for two years straight.
Also, the day he decided to quit, the waitress at the bar where he (as a 16 year old) drank booze every day, dropped her tray when she heard him ask for something non alcoholic.

He did not marry the waitress, sadly.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Plot twist: The tattoo parlor is a coworker's apartment and they're breaking open pens.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I didn't know you could rent out a tattoo parlor.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

They make great wedding venues. Prices generally range from $2,000 to $4,000 for eight hours, and you can always rent them for 12 if you want to have time for clean up. Also, make sure the place you go with doesn't lock you in to their house tattoo artist, but instead just provides the facilities and lets you hire your own. I've seen that particular piece of advice also save a quinceanera.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I remember when only bad rear end criminals and sailors had tattoos

Now you got Marcy and Chad getting "Live Life Love" for their wedding day, smh

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I would believe this one. Library new hires are English majors with the infinity anchor tattoos, and if it's a library that does "culture hires" then I can see a group going out to do dumb poo poo like that

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

The other night a friend's boyfriend proceeded to tell everyone that he was a super cool teenager back in the day (he's in his early 30s) and that by age 16 he did lots of drugs and drank a lot. As a matter of fact, he was drunk every day for two years straight.
Also, the day he decided to quit, the waitress at the bar where he (as a 16 year old) drank booze every day, dropped her tray when she heard him ask for something non alcoholic.

He did not marry the waitress, sadly.

Of course not. She wasn't Einstein. Seriously? You should know better by now...

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
http://www.businessinsider.com/money-advice-from-a-millionaire-2015-

a loving goof posted:

About six months ago my wife and I decided to turn our North Georgia summer retreat into our full-time residence.

We decided to make a few changes to the property now that we would be living in it year-round.

As I was getting into my car one morning, three of the workers paused from what they were doing and stared me down.

I stopped and asked if everything was ok and one of the men said, "It's not fair. You have this beautiful home and a nice car while we are stuck doing hard labor for just a little more than minimum wage."

I approached the men and we ended up speaking about building wealth for more than an hour. I shared with them that life wasn't always this good, and at one point I was $50,000 in debt and didn't know how I would climb out of it. The men shook my hand and thanked me for sharing my insights.

Fast forward to this morning and I was again about to get into my car. A man driving a truck down the street stops in front of my house and yells, "Mr. Siebold, I took your advice and started my own company. I have five employees working for me and business is booming. My family and I are experiencing freedom like we never thought possible."

He continued, "Please share your words of wisdom with others."

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wait. Shouldn't this be in the Bitcoin thread? You know captain of industry, bootstraps and all, what?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

poo poo That Did Happen posted:

About six months ago my wife and I decided to turn our North Georgia summer retreat into our full-time residence.

We decided to make a few changes to the property now that we would be living in it year-round.

As I was getting into my car one morning, three of the workers paused from what they were doing and stared me down.

I stopped and asked if everything was ok and one of the men said, "It's not fair. You have this beautiful home and a nice car while we are stuck doing hard labor for just a little more than minimum wage."

I approached the men and I ended up speaking about building wealth to the uneducated proles for almost two whole minutes before they laughed at me and threatened to eat the rich, causing me to shamefacedly make a noble retreat.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

death .cab for qt posted:

I would believe this one. Library new hires are English majors with the infinity anchor tattoos, and if it's a library that does "culture hires" then I can see a group going out to do dumb poo poo like that

It's STDH. Librarians never pick a social venue that doesn't serve alcohol. Perhaps the paraprofessionals do quirky hipster things. Degreed librarians drink. A lot.

Edit: ^^^^ A rich person who chooses to spend the summer in an Atlanta suburb. Ho-lee poo poo.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 06:56 on Aug 4, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

queserasera posted:

It's STDH. Librarians never pick a social venue that doesn't serve alcohol. Perhaps the paraprofessionals do quirky hipster things. Degreed librarians drink. A lot.

Edit: ^^^^ A rich person who chooses to spend the summer in an Atlanta suburb. Ho-lee poo poo.

I'm doing my Masters of IT(LIS) right now and, yeah, librarians who have their actual degrees do a lot of drinking. I was thinking it was just the people I worked with, but it turns out it's every librarian. It helps with being a combined babysitter, council representative, psychologist, technical support officer, events planner, drunk wrangler, etc etc etc.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
This is off topic but who in my library is considered a "librarian?" I always see people putting books away, people borrowing out books to people, or people scanning books back in, or people sitting at an administrative/customer rep desk answering questions about how to sign up for the library. Everyone I ask can tell me where the x genre books are and most people can tell me where books by author y can be found.

Not trying to belittle you or your profession but none of that seems like you need any special education to do.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Why is this a socially awkward thing all the time? I worked in a shop for years and occasionally when I told people have a nice day or enjoy your day off they'd say "you too" and we'd both just smile. It constantly shows up in memes or tumblr posts as some insanely embarrassing faux paus like you just shat yourself.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

EmmyOk posted:

Why is this a socially awkward thing all the time? I worked in a shop for years and occasionally when I told people have a nice day or enjoy your day off they'd say "you too" and we'd both just smile. It constantly shows up in memes or tumblr posts as some insanely embarrassing faux paus like you just shat yourself.

Context is everything. I once bummed a smoke to a homeless guy in my neighborhood, and when he told me to have a nice night I responded with "You too!". It was already cold as balls and was going to get below zero later. I walked away feeling like a complete jackass.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I guess that's awkward but it's almost impossible not to respond "you too" to anything like that. On the other hand you got a smoke off a homeless guy instead of the other way round, that's the dream. The more common context though is between our quirky random protagonist and a server of some kind where they have a total mental collapse over an untimely use of a common politeness.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Boris Galerkin posted:

This is off topic but who in my library is considered a "librarian?" I always see people putting books away, people borrowing out books to people, or people scanning books back in, or people sitting at an administrative/customer rep desk answering questions about how to sign up for the library. Everyone I ask can tell me where the x genre books are and most people can tell me where books by author y can be found.

Not trying to belittle you or your profession but none of that seems like you need any special education to do.

Adding new poo poo to the catalogue is actually a surprisingly involved and difficult process. As is acquiring a comprehensive understanding of Dewey Decimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

EmmyOk posted:

I guess that's awkward but it's almost impossible not to respond "you too" to anything like that. On the other hand you got a smoke off a homeless guy instead of the other way round, that's the dream. The more common context though is between our quirky random protagonist and a server of some kind where they have a total mental collapse over an untimely use of a common politeness.

I suppose, I just felt like a jerk. And I definitely gave him a smoke, not the other way around, I'm not completely terrible.

• Locked thread