Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Anyway, Ted Rall is back at it again today:

Unbelievable

Literally. As in, I don't believe that is an accurate transcript of what's being said. There seems to be a very useful bit of distortion in the audio every time the transcript says that the woman says "handcuff." And one woman mentioning it is hardly

Ted 'VINDICATED' Rall, in size 84 font posted:

a crowd of loudly protesting onlookers

as Rall claims it is.

E: Also, loving hell take a look at how much ANewDomain has about this thing.

That is the current editorial section, which is devoting 87% of its article slots, and about 95% of its space, to a set of four articles written by Ted Rall and one not written by Ted Rall, all of which are about Ted Rall being part of the Ted Rall-NYPD-LATimes Battle / Scandal, three of which are tagged with [exclusive]. There are also articles in the "news" section about it, most of which are written by Ted Rall. To Ted Rall, this is a big story, because it is happening, right now, to Ted Rall.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Deep Hurting posted:

I don't know, was there talk of including Link in that movie, as part of a pre-MCU Nintendo Cinematic Universe?
Given how abysmally it was at adapting everthing, he may be in there and no-one was aware.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

LOOK BEHIND YOU!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

cheetah7071 posted:

I agree, all shootings are committed by generic "killers" who don't care who their victim is. None of them are commited in the heat of the moment, or by people who have specific targets in mind who they would attack regardless of how armed they are.

Well, yes. It's the same mentality that says we should keep bombing the "terrorists" because that's a type of person and not an action that any person could take. There are good guys and bad guys. Good guys are always good, bad guys are always bad. That's why someone (white) who accidentally fires his weapon or leaves his pistol in the baby crib is still a "law abiding citizen."

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
The whole thing, without a doubt, is a dream come true for Rall. Finally, he gets to be a victim of the system, and it'll feed his constant desire to be the center of attention for a good while. Though I do have to say it's kinda fascinating seeing Rall's overdramatization of his life happen in real time.

It's a shame. I was a fan of Rall's years ago, when I knew his work from small-press mags and before the internet helped us get to know him better. I do feel like there's a smart person somewhere in there, but it's been completely warped by his out-of-control ego.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Spoeank posted:

HEY!

LISTEN!

He chose poorly.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Post 9-11 User posted:

So, 1.4% of abortions are after, approximately, the four month mark. An even tinier fraction is done when something resembling a baby is pulled out and it is always, without exception, (as far as I know) done to prevent the mother from being killed by the pregnancy.

To people like Adam Ford, women being killed by pregnancy is <shrug> and we should just live with it, because women in their purest form are incubators and nothing more.

And these people preach morality to the rest of us.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Deep Hurting posted:

Go gently caress yourself until you become pregnant, Varvel.

There was another cartoon I wanted to discuss in greater depth, but I need to get some sleep, first. Maybe afterwards.

The heart looks strong, assisted by affordable reproductive care you have received at this Planned Parenthood clinic.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1 Dumb and So Goddamn Bernie
2 YYYYYYYEAAAHHHHHH *That Who song starts playing*

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Deep Hurting posted:

Go gently caress yourself until you become pregnant, Varvel.

There was another cartoon I wanted to discuss in greater depth, but I need to get some sleep, first. Maybe afterwards.

Planned Parenthood is sometimes compensated for aborted fetal tissue used in medical research.

*beep*

Planned Parenthood is payed for aborted fetal tissue used in research.

*beep*

Planned Parenthood DEMANDS huge sums of money for aborted BABY PARTS used in "research".

*beep*

Planned Parenthood DEMANDS MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ( and gets it) for FORCEFULLY MURDERED BABY ARMS AND LEGS AND HEARTS used in SATANIC RITUALS. LAMBORGHINI! :gonk:

Also didn't they say the tissue used gets something like 50 or 100 dollars? That's not a lot of money and certainly not enough to warrant a "baby parts black market" scandal. Sounds more like it covers transportation costs and that's about it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

We've probably covered this, but in the imaginary "Planned Parenthood making BILLION$$$ off DEAD BABY PARTS" scandal who is supposed to be buying the baby parts for what reason? Is it supposed to be like cat food or what?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

loquacius posted:

We've probably covered this, but in the imaginary "Planned Parenthood making BILLION$$$ off DEAD BABY PARTS" scandal who is supposed to be buying the baby parts for what reason? Is it supposed to be like cat food or what?

It goes into pepsi.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ha ha! This is cute as hell.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
They sell baby parts for evil. I mean you said it yourself, it's not much money, they do it purely for lo(ooooo)ve of death.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

colonel_korn posted:

1 Dumb and So Goddamn Bernie

Not seeing a problem here. :bernget:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I think I get it. Who buys the trillions of aborted babies? The government! That's what they use all that tax money for!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Giving money to a zionist controlled Israel...

and expecting that it won't be used for making life worse for all Palestinians... :v: "Be good now!"

is like giving money for the Dry Bones Haggadah...

and expecting something other than poo poo smears from a senile American. :jewish: "Happy Passover!"

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

From March 4, 2009, which he later reposted on October 13, 2014. Thanks, Yaakov Gorrell

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Starshark posted:

It goes into pepsi.

Matzo, more likely.

PP aborts late stage pregnancies against the mother's will in order to sell the tiny hearts off for a non-specified good price. A Not Even Wrong cartoon.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

I really like this one. Gorgeous use of metaphor - Biden as the Cheshire Cat, with the vanishing and reappearing matching the will-he-won't-he of Biden joining the race, matched with a big toothy grin that clearly matches Joe's smile.

Yes, I'm overexplaining, but the last time I didn't, people didn't see what I saw.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

That Hillary. The hatred in the caricatures of her is already so palpable, they can almost bend light. She reminds me of Morte from Planescape Torment there.

Just imagine what they'll look like at the end of 8 years if she manages to get elected and then re-elected, aging as presidents do.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

The Free Market.

See, the Free Market just gets rid of things and gives you money for them. YOU are the evil one for selling evil stuff on the Free Market. No-one can be blamed for buying them- the Free Market just sweeps away goods and returns currency.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kopijeger posted:

Matzo, more likely.

PP aborts late stage pregnancies against the mother's will in order to sell the tiny hearts off for a non-specified good price. A Not Even Wrong cartoon.

Yeah this is one of those cartoons that makes less and less sense the more you look at it. I wonder if Varvel thinks this is how abortions actually work -- loving excited mother-to-be comes in and is blindsided by evil ABORTION DOCTORS with SURPRISE ABORTIONS -- or if he just didn't think the cartoon through very well.

Somfin posted:

The Free Market.

See, the Free Market just gets rid of things and gives you money for them. YOU are the evil one for selling evil stuff on the Free Market. No-one can be blamed for buying them- the Free Market just sweeps away goods and returns currency.

man if I knew selling things was so easy you didn't even need to find a buyer I'd have gone into business selling garbage years ago

loquacius fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 4, 2015

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Starshark posted:

It goes into pepsi.

That's not a joke.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
I really need to stop reading this thread... the wilful density on the last two pages alone almost gave me a stroke.

I need to stop... but I won't. I'm in too far at this point.

snakeandbake fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 4, 2015

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I was wondering why I loooooove Pepsi!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Somfin posted:

The Free Market.

The free market is actually Moira Brown from Fallout 3. It'll buy whatever you're sellin'!

edit:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

KillerJunglist posted:

The free market is actually Moira Brown from Fallout 3. It'll buy whatever you're sellin'!

edit:

Sorry - going to be a gamernerd for a minute here - does she actually say that in the game or is that like an edit or something? I'm sure I've done everything in that loving game and I don't remember that.

- back to your thread and apologies again

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Abe's big defense bill has been exactly as unpopular as outside analysts predicted, sparking weeks of protests, dropping his polling numbers by over 10%, and now even empowering rivals within the LDP. Cool sword

The return of Mad Whitey

Meanwhile Steve Sack's got our number

BONUS:

Jesus Christ how many more weeks of the lion. Plus an actually useful label because this man has obviously never seen Tom Brady before

This one's ok

Only 55,000?

:siren: WAIT! I TAKE IT ALL BACK! :siren:

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Starshark posted:

Sorry - going to be a gamernerd for a minute here - does she actually say that in the game or is that like an edit or something? I'm sure I've done everything in that loving game and I don't remember that.

- back to your thread and apologies again

I'm pretty sure it's from a mod, but I thought it fit the thread nicely.

edit: Yea, I looked it up and it's from a mod that gives more responses from NPCs. This one is in response to the "Mole Rat Stick" quest when you tell her they explode.

KillerJunglist fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 4, 2015

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

KillerJunglist posted:

Okay, I can sleep now. On an unrelated note, I wonder if I should adjust my meds?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nenonen posted:

Giving money to a zionist controlled Israel...

and expecting that it won't be used for making life worse for all Palestinians... :v: "Be good now!"

is like giving money for the Dry Bones Haggadah...

and expecting something other than poo poo smears from a senile American. :jewish: "Happy Passover!"

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

This joke will never get old.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

walgreenslatino posted:

:siren: WAIT! I TAKE IT ALL BACK! :siren:

:golfclap: :tipshat: :patriot:

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

This joke will never get old.

It's been nine years, and it's still wonderful.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

That's a fun image. Look at that big puffy head!
Also, we're fine hotlinking?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

KillerJunglist posted:

edit: Yea, I looked it up and it's from a mod that gives more responses from NPCs. This one is in response to the "Mole Rat Stick" quest when you tell her they explode.

No, I'm pretty sure that's in the vanilla game. You need to complete the optional objective for that stage of the quest (kill ten of them with the stick instead of three), but it does show up in the data files.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Technogeek posted:

No, I'm pretty sure that's in the vanilla game. You need to complete the optional objective for that stage of the quest (kill ten of them with the stick instead of three), but it does show up in the data files.

Hey, you're right. I read the wiki article wrong (I thought the filename it gave meant it was from elsewhere, but it simply meant it was from the Wasteland Survival Guide quest).

Still, fits the thread nicely.

edit: I thought I heard it in game before, but I'm stuck re-playing New Vegas at the moment so it's been a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Technogeek posted:

And then, when she asks what happened, you have to say something like "They blew up! It was amazing! Can I have more?" Or something like that.

• Locked thread