Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

Sounds like Dark Souls to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Mazreal posted:

Dynasty Souls?

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Maleketh posted:

Dynasty Souls?

Lu Bu Ahead. Try Killing Diao Chan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Heck Witcher 3 did it this year, they can't be strong-arming it that much

My understanding is that they're not talking about expansion packs period. They're talking about expansion packs released as their own stand-alone games. (As the Xtreme Legends games are.)

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Mazreal posted:

The last one makes these read like Kingdom Hearts cutscene cards. Maybe they are collaborating with Disney and Squeenix to make a game based on the Keyblade war.

Not really though, that would never happen in a million years.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Jibo posted:

The last one makes these read like Kingdom Hearts cutscene cards. Maybe they are collaborating with Disney and Squeenix to make a game based on the Keyblade war.

Not really though, that would never happen in a million years.

Congratulations you found the most terrifying option I can think of, I hope to god it's literally anything but that.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

A longshot dream would be Sengoku Basra X Samurai Warriors.

This would be so great since the games often have very opposite takes on the same historical figure - the Magoichis meeting would be especially funny, I think. It's a shame it would never happen for the reasons already discussed in the thread. Also I think fitting SB moves into DW/SW's gameplay style (specials linked to a chain of normals) would make them a less fun.

Policenaut posted:

Sengoku Basara is done in the West. They put a ton of effort into Samurai Heroes, gave it a demo, E3 presence, a ton of marketing, a budget price point, and it still flopped hard. Capcom has outright said they are done localizing them.

I guess you could just import 4: Sumeragi on PS4! I have no idea how that game works though and after watching 15 minutes of it on Live on PlayStation I got really confused and thought it'd be really awkward to play with a guide.

Yeah, the likelihood of new Sengoku Basara games ever getting an official English localization is extremly low. While I do think the Samurai Heroes release wasn't perfect (female Sorin, what?), if a decent localization like that couldn't sell on the back of the anime hype then there's no chance now. The English speaking fandom for the series is pretty small so the only way I could ever see it happening would be if the game was released digitally with subs only... which would actually be great since the Japanese voice acting is hilariously OTT and is part of the charm in my opinion. Realistically though, it'll never happen. :(

You actually don't need to physically import anything to play Sumeragi on PS3/4. All you need to do is create a Japanese/Asian PSN account and purchase a PSN currency card online (you get emailed the code rather than having the card shipped to you). You can then use the funds on your account to purchase Sumeragi and any DLC you'd like. I'd recommend buying an Asian copy rather than a Japanese copy as it's cheaper and is completely identical to the Japanese version. You might miss out on a couple of magazine-exclusive goofy weapon DLCs but that's it. If you do buy any DLC, I will recommend playing the game on your Japanese/Asian account as weapon and consumable DLCs are account bound.

Sumeragi is actually pretty easy to play even without knowledge of Japanese in my opinion. :) A lot of things in the game are pretty self-explanatory or come with pictures showing what you need to know. There are a couple of stages that might be confusing first time around (Ii Naotora's dojo stage comes to mind) but you can find English explanations/guides for them, along with things like the inscription system. And at the most basic level, you can just hit circle at every menu - this will take you into story mode, start you on a level, move on from the stage complete screen etc.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Capcom should really just port to Steam without an english track, just like Koei.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://youtu.be/4LY2Xt7p1Bk

Here's to 15 more years of hilarious localization and slightly different gameplay.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Edward Scissorhands musou, calling it now. All the other slides fit.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

Capcom should really just port to Steam without an english track, just like Koei.
I would buy it in a heartbeat. Even if was as much of a buggy mess as the Koei ports. :sigh:

The GIG posted:

https://youtu.be/4LY2Xt7p1Bk

Here's to 15 more years of hilarious localization and slightly different gameplay.
I suddenly have the urge to boot up my old Xbox and play Dynasty Warriors 3 again. "Zhuge Liang... The wind!"

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Makes me think Fire Emblem personally. I doubt it'll be Fire Emblem.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
They have done a pretty good job with this countdown. I am legit curious about what the game will be. Much better than recent countdown to a countdown or announcement date PR wet farts.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im just glad the text is english, bless this new era of us getting all the koei games

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

grrarg posted:

They have done a pretty good job with this countdown. I am legit curious about what the game will be. Much better than recent countdown to a countdown or announcement date PR wet farts.

It all depends on what the final announcement is though. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a company managed to whip up a lot of excitement only to blow it on something no one actually cared about.

Still, fingers crossed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My current bet it completely new IP not based on an anime that they're gonna try all their 'next gen' ideas on before importing to mainline series. Probably generic fantasy or a bit dark Souls-ish.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They have a couple of weird freakshow games they put a bunch of different ideas in at the start of every generation, and after DW5 they stopped doing that to their cash cows so it's certain to be something new.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

That's every fricken game of theirs really.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It definitely rules out the wild west or modern warfare.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Call of Duty Warriors. The ultimate in yearly sequels.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's actually an Attack on Titan game. I'm not joking.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ugh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Not a fan, but hey, maybe it'll work out for them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

It's actually an Attack on Titan game. I'm not joking.

Hype gone.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
So, it'll be like fighting against giant mobile suits all over again... No thanks

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'll wait to see the trailer, because Koei Tecmo does have Team Ninja on hand, who probably helped Omega Force turn Warriors into not complete slogs so maybe they're involved.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AoT is okay but a game based on fighting one large opponent is the exact opposite of a thing that Omega-Force should be doing. It wouldn't even work as a MonHun style game because the whole thing about Titans is you have one chance to kill them otherwise you're hosed.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Toukiden is a game about fighting 1 large opponent and they did a great job on that, imo anyway. I've never seen the show so I have no hype there but it's omega force so there's still some hype.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

English language article.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

AoT is okay but a game based on fighting one large opponent is the exact opposite of a thing that Omega-Force should be doing. It wouldn't even work as a MonHun style game because the whole thing about Titans is you have one chance to kill them otherwise you're hosed.

It didn't work as a MonHun style game, there was a really poo poo AoT game on 3DS that was either you play as a Titan and the camera goes to poo poo or you play as a human and you have QTEs to kill Titans as you Spider-Man all over the place.

...Now I really want Marvel Warriors.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wafflz posted:

Toukiden is a game about fighting 1 large opponent and they did a great job on that, imo anyway. I've never seen the show so I have no hype there but it's omega force so there's still some hype.

The whole point of AoT is that you can't fight the titans, though. You fly around like a loving madman until you're lucky enough to hit their weak spot, there's no actual fighting involved.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

They could play to their strengths and put the player in the role of a titan smashing hordes of humans. They won't, but they could.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That's a bummer. I do hope that it's a game where you fight some titans then you sit around and talk for several hours before attacking some titans then sitting around talking for another several hours then the game ends. Kind of like the manga.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hakkesshu posted:

The whole point of AoT is that you can't fight the titans, though. You fly around like a loving madman until you're lucky enough to hit their weak spot, there's no actual fighting involved.

Sounds like they will either make people who want actual gameplay upset or AoT fans upset.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Sounds like they will either make people who want actual gameplay upset or AoT fans upset.

Surprise, it'll be both!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If they actually do the maneuver gear right, that could be really fun. Think a more technical, faster version of swinging around as Spider-Man. But of course it's Koei and they couldn't craft a gameplay mechanic that advanced even if they wanted to, so it'll probably just be some QTE poo poo like the other game.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Maleketh posted:

They could play to their strengths and put the player in the role of a titan smashing hordes of humans. They won't, but they could.

The only thing worse than fighting a Giant Mech in DWG or Boss in Hyrule Warriors is playing as the Giant Mech or Boss.

I really hope they go a totally different route for the gameplay. My guess is TK is going to try to make a Shadow of the Colossus type game and I really hope it flops because A. I don't care about Attack on Titan and B. God drat it get to work on the next DWG or Orochi game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Hakkesshu posted:

If they actually do the maneuver gear right, that could be really fun. Think a more technical, faster version of swinging around as Spider-Man. But of course it's Koei and they couldn't craft a gameplay mechanic that advanced even if they wanted to, so it'll probably just be some QTE poo poo like the other game.

This is why the Dragon's Dogma team are the most capable of making a proper AoT game.