Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
I've just gotten my Paladin symbol and unlocked kinetic which made my prestige drop quite a bit.

Is there a way to get new classes up to speed with prestige/class sparks?

Somehow I feel the answer is probably going to involve running port naori 50 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Stats are shared between classes. You're missing weapons and amulets. You can probably get a weapon easily by running Nedder Test Area and switching to Kinetic before you jump back to the center at the last test.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 4, 2015

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Still spots in the guild?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I'm out of town until Saturday have fun building stuff without me.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Still spots in the guild?

Guild is full again. It's going to take a while before we get more slots as the building upgrades are taking an insane amount of construction points, and I don't think I will get to kick nearly as many people this week. For every slot we make two goons come out of the woodwork asking to get in.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Apparently they're changing how all of this works next week so there should be plenty of room shortly.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Liberatore posted:

Guild is full again. It's going to take a while before we get more slots as the building upgrades are taking an insane amount of construction points, and I don't think I will get to kick nearly as many people this week. For every slot we make two goons come out of the woodwork asking to get in.

Also don't loving talk to me until you get to AT loving LEAST 2050 Prestige. I got a pile of you fucks that literally installed the game just to get an invite to the guild and then uninstall it.

At 2050 Prestige you unlock your order so you have a loving chance of doing something for the guild as well as show some kind of super small interest in the loving game.

It is pissing me off to no end seeing this poo poo where I am tracking how many people need invites and then meet that quota by doing expansions and then 50 of you motherfuckers pop out of nowhere and wave your dicks at me.

Play the loving game in the mean time and get on mumble. Everything we form up for be it group runs or questions are being done in mumble because the game's chat it total hosed. You would only be missing out on some subpar guild stat increase for not being in the guild right now and check it out I blew the loving circuit breaker trying to upgrade it. Right now all I want to focus on is upgrading the power and support buildings because no one save a handful of us can do the high end guild cap increase missions now. Also earlier I linked a post from the RU poo poo where they are doing big renovations to guilds and when that goes down I assure you everyone is getting the gently caress in. I have no idea when we are gonna get that patch though.

So all you stragglers out there wanting guild invites. We are totally loving full at 110 members and everyone worth a gently caress is chilling in mumble doing big things there. Find the mumble info in the OP of this thread and get down into the Russia Game channel of the Angry Dome and socialize away you whores.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Is anyone else experiencing a broken game?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Flavor Truck posted:

Is anyone else experiencing a broken game?

Occasionally, in varied ways. Anything specific?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I've put a tiny amount of time into the game and I really don't like the starter classes. Cryomancer is just boring as hell, lightbringer is very meh, and paladin is like a flashy off-tank. How long before I can get a giant chainsaw sword?

Also if I try to revisit any mission the game locks up my PC something fierce.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

Pesterchum posted:

Occasionally, in varied ways. Anything specific?

I'm getting stuck inside of endless loading screens.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Flavor Truck posted:

I'm getting stuck inside of endless loading screens.

It's not just you, it's been hitting me and a few other people all day. Sporadically and on different maps, sometimes it'll just load forever and not complete. They said they're looking into it on the main forums but I don't think there's been a real answer since then.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I've put a tiny amount of time into the game and I really don't like the starter classes. Cryomancer is just boring as hell, lightbringer is very meh, and paladin is like a flashy off-tank. How long before I can get a giant chainsaw sword?

Berserker (chainsword), Witch, Gunner, Monk, Knight and Alchemist will take you 3-4 weeks of resets to get to. Necromancer, Archer, Slayer and Kinetic will take you 1-2.

Pesterchum fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Aug 4, 2015

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Berserker is an 'advanced' class so you can probably get it on your 3rd week (assuming you play enough to cap Sparks of Insight) if you don't make any detours. Paladin is a flashy maintank though. It gets better I'm told.

The locking up thing seems to be related to this?
https://twitter.com/GodsofSkyforge/status/628337505071448064

It is still an open beta after all.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Berserker is 3 weeks worth of caps, starting at week 1. With the patch and the catch up system it should be two weeks starting at week 1, though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
If you don't like any of the starter classes you're kind of hosed, it'll take you a fair bit of playing to unlock the next class but can be done within a week. Berserker will take you much much longer but you have a choice between Archer and Slayer, possibly Necromancer and Kinetic although they might take you more than a week to get. You could also buy the Collector's Edition to get Knight and Alchemist but if you really don't like the base classes I don't think that'll help any.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

How is Gunner at endgame, anyway?

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Kessel posted:

How is Gunner at endgame, anyway?

Word on the street is their sustained damage and survivability is above average but their burst is somewhat lacking compared to other ranged DPS, and more boss mechanics favour burst, but it's not a difference that particularly impacts a raid's ability to finish content - just a question of topping DPS charts.

That said, nobody on NA is actually doing that content yet because it's not even in.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Drinkfist posted:

Also don't loving talk to me until you get to AT loving LEAST 2050 Prestige. I got a pile of you fucks that literally installed the game just to get an invite to the guild and then uninstall it.

At 2050 Prestige you unlock your order so you have a loving chance of doing something for the guild as well as show some kind of super small interest in the loving game.

It is pissing me off to no end seeing this poo poo where I am tracking how many people need invites and then meet that quota by doing expansions and then 50 of you motherfuckers pop out of nowhere and wave your dicks at me.

Play the loving game in the mean time and get on mumble. Everything we form up for be it group runs or questions are being done in mumble because the game's chat it total hosed. You would only be missing out on some subpar guild stat increase for not being in the guild right now and check it out I blew the loving circuit breaker trying to upgrade it. Right now all I want to focus on is upgrading the power and support buildings because no one save a handful of us can do the high end guild cap increase missions now. Also earlier I linked a post from the RU poo poo where they are doing big renovations to guilds and when that goes down I assure you everyone is getting the gently caress in. I have no idea when we are gonna get that patch though.

So all you stragglers out there wanting guild invites. We are totally loving full at 110 members and everyone worth a gently caress is chilling in mumble doing big things there. Find the mumble info in the OP of this thread and get down into the Russia Game channel of the Angry Dome and socialize away you whores.

yay! of all the dicks waving around he chose mine.

Honestly, if I would have realized there was a minimum to contribute I wouldn't have bothered asking. ~1200 prestige and counting ; get hosed everyone lower than me-- which I think is nobody :suicide:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Clairetic posted:

Word on the street is their sustained damage and survivability is above average but their burst is somewhat lacking compared to other ranged DPS, and more boss mechanics favour burst, but it's not a difference that particularly impacts a raid's ability to finish content - just a question of topping DPS charts.

That said, nobody on NA is actually doing that content yet because it's not even in.

That makes sense, given the class design and how so many of the bosses have invuln phases, shields and other damage gimmicks. Thanks.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I was able to test the Gunner in one of those instances and I really liked the Machine Gun + Plasma Gun Combo/Gimmick.
They seem to be able to mow down the trashmobs fast enough, and their sustained damage is good enough to kill an elite mob quickly.
However what I liked most was not having to 'click' for every attack. I need to get myself one of those silent mouses. Why do all gaming mouses make the typical "clicking" noise, it has no use.

I'm really hesitating right now to reroll to US server, none of my usual gaming friends seem keen on giving Skyforge a shot, and I haven't heard of any other Eurogoons playing yet.
I tried the US server and it seemed to be a stable 180-200ms ping. That's playable but quite a bump up from the 30ms I have on euro server.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I'm playing on EU too. 8.5k prestige, almost unlocked warlock. Are you in a pantheon?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
There are other European people playing on the US server just fine but nobody will switch to the EU server for the promise of farting around with 10 people tops, getting nothing done in the pantheon and running internal groups once in a blue moon. Because that's what EU goon guilds always are. You've also been complaining about this since launch and the answer has always been the same. It's not likely to change.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I'm playing from Asia on a stable 200-210 ping and it's quite playable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The patcher is telling me there's an update, but it's been at 0% for a while now. Is there some trick to make it work?

Edit: It eventually did it on its own.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 4, 2015

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/628/Skyforge-Gift-Pack-Giveaway.html premium key giveaway here, still ~4600 keys left

Gealar
May 2, 2013

Thanks for posting this. Its 14 days of premium and 1000 celestial threads. I still don't know what threads are for though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're for clothes in the market.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

It still counts as the same promo as the other 14 day codes.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

They're for clothes lingerie in the market.

ftfy

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
I'd give but everytime I try to do the 'help build blah blah' building for my adepts, it never lets me actually start it because my guys are too low level or something and I don't get it beyond 30% chance of success. I'm at like 6k prestige which isn't much, but being burdened with a job and family I don't know if it should be much higher.

Oh, and the pantheon member list column sorts, who the gently caress failed at SQL when they designed the game? I want to sort by total prestige for the whole guild, not just those on page 3.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah I'm not big on the adept thing, grinding to level up my semi-existent dudes isn't as appealing as sparks for more skills/classes.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Those are not pages but different clans. Doesn't make it much better though

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

If you're not going to be around, take advantage of the 8hr missions. They tend to take 4 guys and reward more stuff, so chunk guys onto stuff as you can (trying to match of course). I tend to prioritize yellow/blue missions. Yellow gives resources, which is less time I have to look at running instances myself for them, and blue gives you followers which raises your order's level.

Getting your adepts to higher level makes a pretty big difference on if they can do stuff, and if they've got 3-5 ranks in their skills it isn't too bad to upgrade them to blue. If you see a guy that is 5/5 for each ability you probably should grab and upgrade him as much as you can. Someone posted some stuff about frequency of missions and the type of adepts they need, but in general look to get 1 of each at minimum. A bunch of the guild stuff has been taking engineers, so 2 of those isn't bad, and they've got some decent yellow mission options.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't get not wanting to level adepts. It takes essentially zero time or effort, they're a completely separate thing from atlas leveling, and just in the process of getting tablets and rings I've come across enough adept-upgrade materials to keep them in good shape there. Technically I suppose they could be considered a grind of some kind, but logging in for a couple minutes every few hours to scoop up rewards and send them off on more missions is the opposite of effort.

[Edit: I still hope that the 11th update fixes things so I can just handle the adepts through a web browser, though. I'm lazy enough to want even less effort in my low-effort.]

Valatar fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 4, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I got to go and unfuck a starbucks tonight so if you could all loving log in right the gently caress now and complete this Power Unit that is less that 90 construction points away from being done so I can start up the next poo poo that would be super loving grand.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Already hit mine for the next 8 hours. :smug:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Clairetic posted:

It's not boss mechanics that favor burst, although some do, it's loving supports. Most of the damage dealt in group content is during burst phases, and Gunners lack a burst skill suitable for this. They do have a 30s buff that eventually gets to a 45s cooldown, but that requires using it 3 times at longer CDs (3m, 2m15s, 1m30s) every fight, which isn't a disadvantage that the preferred DD classes (Kinetics, Berserkers and Necromancers) have.

In raids you basically have 2 or 3 Alchemists throwing a buff at designed DDs every 36-42 seconds. Those DDs need to do as much damage as possible during that buff. The end result is that if you have two Alchemists, you bring two Berserkers/Kinetics/Necromancers. If you have three Alchemists, you bring three Berserkers/Kinetics/Necromancers. With the tank and the mandatory ligthbinder, that's 6-8 spots filled in a 10-man raid. Preferably one of the last spots is filled by a Warlock/Witch, which doesn't leave much room for other classes.

In distortions it's even worse, as they're much harder than raids and as a result don't leave much room for experimentation.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 4, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Shut up and vote.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Valatar posted:

I don't get not wanting to level adepts. It takes essentially zero time or effort, they're a completely separate thing from atlas leveling, and just in the process of getting tablets and rings I've come across enough adept-upgrade materials to keep them in good shape there. Technically I suppose they could be considered a grind of some kind, but logging in for a couple minutes every few hours to scoop up rewards and send them off on more missions is the opposite of effort.

[Edit: I still hope that the 11th update fixes things so I can just handle the adepts through a web browser, though. I'm lazy enough to want even less effort in my low-effort.]

Its like this, between going for missions that reward sparks and missions that reward mats to upgrade adepts. I'd much rather go for the sparks :effort:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Drinkfist posted:

Shut up and vote.

No and done.

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/crucible-gods-preview-prestige-scaling

• Locked thread