Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truth doesn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 27, 2020

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
how do you mess up a quesadilla

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

JakeP posted:

how do you mess up a quesadilla

Airport food is not real food.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Go to the vending machines, the old ones outside the terminal by the bus stop. They put real food in those.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ixtlilton posted:

Go to the vending machines, the old ones outside the terminal by the bus stop. They put real food in those.

Yeah but the last time they put real food in them was in 1992.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

TMMadman posted:

Yeah but the last time they put real food in them was in 1992.

It's okay as long as it's younger than you are.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
There's plenty of fantastic food at airports.
It's just at overpriced fancy restaurants.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

You know I did once have a pretty decent Cuban sandwich in the Ft Meyers airport once.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

EccoRaven posted:

quesadilla update (quesadupdate): my server's name was literally McLoven. the food was okay, probably not worth it but what can you do, it is important to remember that we all fail to meet our own expectations from time to time, it is how we foster humility.

Wait, has Superbad been out long enough now that babies people had during Superbad are old enough to be servers now

EDIT: No they would be 8. Ok thank god.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also Ecco why didn't you just ask for a cheese quesedilla?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CapitalistPig posted:

I had a pizza in O'Hare once and it was terrible, good job Chicago smh.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
O'Hare is a terrible airport. Not the worst airport I've ever been to, but still awful.

The worst airport is Charles de Gaulle.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Asiina posted:

O'Hare is a terrible airport. Not the worst airport I've ever been to, but still awful.

The worst airport is Charles de Gaulle.

I hate all airports because I hate flying. I was not meant to sit still for more than 10 minutes, sitting still in a seat I squeezed into for hours is terrible.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Charles de Galle was awesome what are you on aboot

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I had a pizza in O'Hare once and it was terrible, good job Chicago smh.

As a New Yorker you should know better than to

1. Order airport pizza
2. Eat pizza in Chicago

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Isn't Chicago deep dish supposed to be some godsend?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

Charles de Galle was awesome what are you on aboot

Things that have happened when I was at Charles de Gaulle

- People spitting on the floor
- Information desk workers being rude as heck
- Some people came up to us demanding to sign a petition by thrusting a clipboard into my hands. They were then chased off by armed police/guards with their guns out and they pulled the clipboard out of my hand so fast it burnt my skin.
- A cashier shortchanging me.

Plus it has a very confusing and difficult to navigate series of terminals where getting from one end to the other is a huge pain.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quidnose posted:

rofl

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both Chicago and New York pizza is gross. It shouldn't be so floppy that you can fold it, but it shouldn't be a casserole either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Do you like to eat a block of cheese the size of a car battery?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

New York pizza is gross.

:eyepop:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Gatwick on the other hand is a piece of poo poo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Both Chicago and New York pizza is gross. It shouldn't be so floppy that you can fold it, but it shouldn't be a casserole either.

WRONG

You should be able to fold your pizza

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Greek style pizza with the hard brittle crust is bad (relative to good italian style pizza)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

if you are incapable of making friends with people who disagree with your politics that more reflects you than them.
what about if that episode of peep show happens and you accidentally makes friends with a nazi

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also Sydney airport has decent food

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

bowmore posted:

what about if that episode of peep show happens and you accidentally makes friends with a nazi

Being able to make diverse friends doesn't mean you have to maintain friendships with nazis

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I never understood pizza intolerance. It's perfectly fine to like Chicago Style and New York style and everything in between. Sometimes you want an artisan pizza, sometimes you want a dirty rotten pizza.

And yes, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery is pretty great.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Amoeba102 posted:

I never understood pizza intolerance. It's perfectly fine to like Chicago Style and New York style and everything in between. Sometimes you want an artisan pizza, sometimes you want a dirty rotten pizza.

Because when you are accustomed to good pizza bad pizza no longer does it for you but if you never have good pizza all pizza is good because you don't understand what good pizza is

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

Warnie is that you?????

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad pizza is a little bit like a bad hamburger or a bad burrito. Not withstanding all its faults, you find that it tends to do more good than harm. It might be a bad pizza but at least its feeding someone while it is in fact a pizza.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Also amieba/bowmore if you have been to Via Napoli what did you think of their pizzas

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

JakeP posted:

Because when you are accustomed to good pizza bad pizza no longer does it for you but if you never have good pizza all pizza is good because you don't understand what good pizza is

you like anchovies, that is enough for me to bail on your pizza opinions

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

you like anchovies, that is enough for me to bail on your pizza opinions

Anchovies are a legitimate pizza topping, that on their own are too salty to eat, but on pizza are divine. Its a once in a while topping, not a every pizza topping

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lane Cove? Yeah, I went there once. It was alright, but I seem to remember the pizzas either being too cold or one of them being too salty. All in all they are good pizzas but not amazing. It was also more crowded than it deserved to be, not sure if it's always so popular but it did impact service. We made a booking so got in ahead of the queue, to the ire of some people waiting in line.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Yeah, I live just down the road from it. People go loving mental about it but every pizza ive had from there has been horribly bland and boring.

The best thing I've had there was an eggplant ragu which was p great.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

Things that have happened when I was at Charles de Gaulle

- People spitting on the floor
- Information desk workers being rude as heck
- Some people came up to us demanding to sign a petition by thrusting a clipboard into my hands. They were then chased off by armed police/guards with their guns out and they pulled the clipboard out of my hand so fast it burnt my skin.
- A cashier shortchanging me.

Plus it has a very confusing and difficult to navigate series of terminals where getting from one end to the other is a huge pain.

You are incorrect. The worst airport is Mumbai airport.

Things that have happened when I was at Mumbai

- My connecting flight out of Goa left 1 hour late. When we arrived at Mumbai I had one hour to get from the domestic terminal to the international terminal. The only way to do this was via the airport bus.
- The airport bus did not turn up until 75 minutes later, so my flight left while I was still stuck at the domestic terminal
- The international terminal was a total construction zone due to the preparation for the 2010 Commonwealth games (I was there in 2009). There were no signs anywhere for anything and no staff to help
- I tried to contact my travel agent via their 24 hour emergency contact number, was on hold for 15 minutes before giving up. That phone call cost $60.
- Qantas only fly out of Mumbai every second day. They were happy to put me on the next Mumbai-Sydney flight but it didn't leave for 48 hours. Alternatively I could buy a ticket for Mumbai-Singapore (with a different airline) and they would convert my ticket into a Singapore-Sydney flight so I could leave that night. That cost me an additional $500
- I couldn't claim any of it back on travel insurance because the airline that flew Goa-Mumbai ignored every single email I sent them. All I needed was an email acknowledging that the flight arrived late to Mumbai.

On the other hand the best airport in the world is Changi in Singapore.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

also Sydney airport has decent food

The food at Melbourne airport is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MrThingyman posted:

Hi guys :)

I just wanted to stop by, say hello, and let you all know that the 2015 Mafia Championship Finale Game has officially begun!

Link to game thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.net/threads/269-The-2015-Mafia-Championship-Finale

70 representatives from 70 different communities have battled it out since April, and now it's time to crown the ultimate winner -- the internet's reigning forum mafia champion.

I hope you'll enjoy the read, and I hope I'll see your community represented again in season 3. OR, even better, I hope I'll see you for any other upcoming fun cross-community events - we're gonna do a Hydra game where players can sign up in pairs, which should be a ton of fun :)

In case you're interested in talking with others about the game (or if you just want to shoot the breeze with other mafia enthusiasts), we are a horde of 110+ people on Skype spectating the game. Add me, if you'd like an invite: thingyman

Thingyman you never respond to my skype requests