Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

holy crap, so I don't have to wait 20k prestige later to participate in things, yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

I got to go and unfuck a starbucks tonight so if you could all loving log in right the gently caress now and complete this Power Unit that is less that 90 construction points away from being done so I can start up the next poo poo that would be super loving grand.

Dont miss the ferry.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Clairetic posted:

It still counts as the same promo as the other 14 day codes.

Wish I'd seen this sooner. Up for grabs, goons: SFNAJ188UHR737IQ

Be cool and say something if you use it so other dorks don't have to waste time.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

Dont miss the ferry.

VOTE. Or at least get on mumble. Or Steam. Or loving vote.

Edit: You know what. I really loving want all commanders to join the loving steam group. This would allow me to do a steam event call that just reads VOTE and everyone online sees it so we can get some of this legislation pushed though the house. We are operating at US Congress levels of efficiency right now.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 5, 2015

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Been kind of playing this on and off as a Paladin, my Prestige is up to around 5-6kish, I've beaten the first 2 5 mans with just random pubbies (wiped a few times but didn't seem that bad, the Metal Gear Solid through Plant Monsters thing was unexpected though), was wondering about when I should start joining the guild and such, although it sounds like the goon guild is pretty much full up at the moment?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
We might have one spot but I'm not online to check. Your prestige is high enough to join the guild; we ask for 2050 minimum as that's when you unlock the order system and can therefore do pantheon missions. Although that might not be the case in practice as a lot of people have trouble getting the mission to 50% chance of success.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Liberatore posted:

We might have one spot but I'm not online to check. Your prestige is high enough to join the guild; we ask for 2050 minimum as that's when you unlock the order system and can therefore do pantheon missions. Although that might not be the case in practice as a lot of people have trouble getting the mission to 50% chance of success.

I haven't gotten round to getting in yet, but what's the best way to push for this in the event I can be assed to get a spot? I'm just shy of 6K prestige, about to tick over to level 5 on my Order (I think). Is it just "load up on engineers and level the poo poo out of them" to be vaguely worthwhile to the pantheon?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The missions don't always require engineers, although most of the buildings we built do. So just level your adepts. As long as you can get to 50%, you can do the mission and contribute, as you give half the construction points if you fail.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

VOTE. Or at least get on mumble. Or Steam. Or loving vote.

Edit: You know what. I really loving want all commanders to join the loving steam group. This would allow me to do a steam event call that just reads VOTE and everyone online sees it so we can get some of this legislation pushed though the house. We are operating at US Congress levels of efficiency right now.

When I got on to vote everything had already passed by 54.545454545454545454%. poo poo really needs to be mobile.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
The best class to stockpile are Templars; they make everything easier and go faster. Agents are very sought after too while Envoys and Preachers help you grow your order. Seriously I got a 1/5 Preacher I purpled for an 18% bonus to followers on missions.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Blew the power again. It looks like every upgrade to the square is 1000+ power to the grid. So we will keep building up some more power before I turn to the new power source...

Goons.

Also I am going to flip the lights back on for the HQ building so if anyone wants to pick up some Order mission modifiers they can. Just as soon as the vote goes though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The voting thing is just dumb, I mean I get why they do it but it just slows everything down for no practical reason.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Week 5 cap is 11k sparks of insight. Looks like credit cap went up slightly as well.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So I got to the point where I can play around with the other classes and kind of decide where I want to go. Now it's a toss up for me between Necromancer and Zerker. The Kinetic seems fun too, and Monk was kind of alright, but the others just didn't mesh with my play style.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Necromancer and Kinetic are both easy to reach, Kinetic can do insane burst damage but is pretty squishy and dies easily. Necromancer does less damage but you die a lot too but you don't give a poo poo since that's a mechanic for you. I would strongly suggest you pick one of the two, Berserkers are okay too but further out and while people tell me Monk is good in PvP you'll be miserable in PvE and I have yet to see one not getting their rear end handed to them in any context.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Berserker is amazing the week you unlock it. It takes practically the same sparks of insight as Warlock/Monk/Alchemist/Knight and by then or at least the week after you should have a bunch of good symbols. You only need about 3.5k class sparks before you have most of the Berserker abilities and talents you will be using for 90% of the game. I kill most bosses 20-45 seconds and do just about any mission in a third to half the expected time, and I started playing the class on Thursday.

Monk is great in PvP because you can burst down people down faster than Gunners without relying on a buff, but most people who would actually understand how to play the class chose not to because it's currently not worth a drat just about anywhere else. And it's not even that good in 10v10, which is where the fun is at anyway. Monks are likely getting fixed next week though, and that should make them comparable to most classes in PvE.

Also, the Necromancers' damage output is great, especially against bosses. And I'm always glad to have a Necromancer in my group because I know that even if we gently caress up, there's a good chance he's going to save the day. Plus it's one person who doesn't need to take health orbs which makes it easier on everyone else.

Edit: I didn't mention Kinetic as I think it's common knowledge that they're awesome in every form of PvE and PvP.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 5, 2015

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
So I just got my first taste of Knight in a mission that had me play knight, and it was a lot of fun, just throwing birds and reflecting damage.

I think those quests that have you try out specific classes are kind of neat, although they taught me that I really don't like Monk. Gunner, Berserker, and Slayer all seemed decent(Berserker seemed insane damage wise but I heard they might get nerfed?), haven't gotten to try Archer or Alchemist yet. I got to try Necromancer as well but it was really weird, not sure what I think about them. Kinetic I get in those quests so often I feel like I've been playing it almost as much as my Paladin, that one is alright but not as fun as Slayer, Berserker, or Gunner in my opinion.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 5, 2015

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014

Morglon posted:

The best class to stockpile are Templars; they make everything easier and go faster. Agents are very sought after too while Envoys and Preachers help you grow your order. Seriously I got a 1/5 Preacher I purpled for an 18% bonus to followers on missions.

So I've been stocking up on templars and a few agents but the thing I'm not sure about is their stats and the leveling. Will maxing out the quality and level get me to the same capped value for whatever adept I'm training, or should I look for the type I want with as many little bars in a stat as possible to maximize it.

ComradeBigT fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 5, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

goldjas posted:

So I just got my first taste of Knight in a mission that had me play knight, and it was a lot of fun, just throwing birds and reflecting damage.

I think those quests that have you try out specific classes are kind of neat, although they taught me that I really don't like Monk. Gunner, Berserker, and Slayer all seemed decent(Berserker seemed insane damage wise but I heard they might get nerfed?), haven't gotten to try Archer or Alchemist yet. I got to try Necromancer as well but it was really weird, not sure what I think about them. Kinetic I get in those quests so often I feel like I've been playing it almost as much as my Paladin, that one is alright but not as fun as Slayer, Berserker, or Gunner in my opinion.

Promo Knight is missing Barrier II which is crucial and adds a lot to your damage. Slayer is missing Blood Harvest which is a huge portion of their damage. Monk is missing one big talent for damage output, but if you don't understand the class your damage output is basically halved anyway. Berserker is missing Firestorm which is important for AoE, as well as a talent that makes Battle Frenzy free (source of their durability), a Fracture weapon (main damage against bosses) plus another 3 of their best 5 talents. If you thought Berserker promo was good, you're going to be be baffled by the real thing.

Gunner is probably one of the better promos. I'd say Warlock/Witch too but it's missing one really important talent and none of the promos get the class symbol, which makes a huge difference for this class in particular, not to mention the stats you get are kinda bad.

And no, Berserkers are not getting nerfed any time soon. They are getting some nice fixes though, but so are most classes. Slayer is the only class getting a significant nerf, and it's mainly as a result of PvP complaints.

ComradeBigT posted:

So I've been stocking up on templars and a few agents but the thing I'm not sure about is their stats and the leveling. Will getting maxing out the quality and level get me to the same capped value for whatever adept I'm training, or should I look for the type I want with as many little bars in a stat as possible to maximize it.

The latter. Their skills stay at the same rank, but do get better values from quality (green/blue/purple) based on that rank.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 5, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Which is baffling since promo Slayer sucks on toast. I guess promo Berserker is fine and you can't really do anything wrong with Gunner.

When your guys generate you get a number of blips in their class stats going from 1 to 5. Eventually you want to have guys that have at least 4/4 but since those don't increase you kind of have to hope for lucky rolls and most guys you get will suck, especially early on so don't hesitate to throw them out as you progress. Getting them to green or even blue is easy enough even early on and actually help you do poo poo but I wouldn't get people you don't plan on keeping to purple

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Oooooh leveling your overall order with more followers is what increases your adept lvl cap. I thought it was tied to their individual upgrade rank.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
How the gently caress are you supposed to kill necro in PvP? Just got 1v2ed by one in a 3v3 match despite him dying twice in 30 seconds.

I get that PvP is broken as gently caress in Russiagame but is there any actual counterplay to necro or does it just literally never die?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

LunaDeus posted:

How the gently caress are you supposed to kill necro in PvP? Just got 1v2ed by one in a 3v3 match despite him dying twice in 30 seconds.

I get that PvP is broken as gently caress in Russiagame but is there any actual counterplay to necro or does it just literally never die?

If there's more than one person they can hit, CC is the best bet. If they have a shield up, break it first. If they don't, they may have activated a skill that lets them break out of CC every 3 seconds; having two stuns ready is useful here, if you can get them stunned for even 4 seconds you will significantly reduce their healing.

As a Berserker, most of the Necros I face seem to use neither of these things. So I just use Fast Attack (4s stun) followed by Crippling Blow (3s stun) and they're dead before Crippling Blow is finished. Some classes have more stuns, some have longer duration ones, but most have at least one way of dealing with Necromancers.

If CC is not an option for whatever reason, just not giving them a target to attack also works. This is easy as a Slayer or Warlock/Witch, but it's conditional on the rest of your team doing the same.

Edit: If you're a Gunner or Kinetic, just save your burst and kill them after Lich form is over.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 5, 2015

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Liberatore posted:

If there's more than one person they can hit, CC is the best bet. If they have a shield up, break it first. If they don't, they may have activated a skill that lets them break out of CC every 3 seconds; having two stuns ready is useful here, if you can get them stunned for even 4 seconds you will significantly reduce their healing.

As a Berserker, most of the Necros I face seem to use neither of these things. So I just use Fast Attack (4s stun) followed by Crippling Blow (3s stun) and they're dead before Crippling Blow is finished. Some classes have more stuns, some have longer duration ones, but most have at least one way of dealing with Necromancers.

If CC is not an option for whatever reason, just not giving them a target to attack also works. This is easy as a Slayer or Warlock/Witch, but it's conditional on the rest of your team doing the same.

Edit: If you're a Gunner or Kinetic, just save your burst and kill them after Lich form is over.

We were a pally and monk, not entirely sure about monk's skillset but I guess as a pally I should save my knockdowns and other CC for lichform then.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Oh, Monks have a pretty easy time against them. They have several stuns (3 or 4 I think), they can go untargetable during half of the Lich form, and their burst is stun-based which means the Necromancer will be forced to pop their CC removal early which you can take advantage of, or risk getting bursted down without it.

Necromancers tend to have an easy time against Paladins and most Monks have no idea how to play the class so that explains your troubles.

Edit: I looked it up; Monks have four stuns. 5s, 5s, 4s and 3s are their durations. All of them have either no cooldown and are limited by stance switching (so 5-10s cooldown in practice) or have very short cooldowns. In addition, their damage in PvP is so high that they can will knock down a Necromancer at 100% HP and put them in Lich form before they get up.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 5, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is this good game]

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
No, this is god game

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm guessing the class tutorials do a poo poo job of selling you on any class right? How am I supposed to pick what to level first? :ohdear:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I'm guessing the class tutorials do a poo poo job of selling you on any class right? How am I supposed to pick what to level first? :ohdear:

I feel like they give you a decent idea of a what playing a class will *look* like rather than what it will actually *play* like.

Far as I can tell, it's definitely not indicative of what playing the class is like overall.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Necromancer seems cool but I hate managing pets in any game. Are they more of quick summons or what? Warlock seemed cool but that spinning around a lot seemed kinda dumb. Archer seems loving righteous to me, and Slayer is one of my favorite types of classes to play in any game.

Gunner is definitely something I'd play later but will need some time to unlock.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Necromancer seems cool but I hate managing pets in any game. Are they more of quick summons or what? Warlock seemed cool but that spinning around a lot seemed kinda dumb. Archer seems loving righteous to me, and Slayer is one of my favorite types of classes to play in any game.

Gunner is definitely something I'd play later but will need some time to unlock.

Yeah you just hit Z, then 1 for "please make me die slower for some reason", 2 for "please do AOE now", and 3 for "okay let's actually kill them", and that's it for I think 30 seconds. They're totally automated otherwise. The other pets just get summoned as monsters die in your handsy field, and are automated as well.

Basically there's no pet management other than waking them up to kill people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also have one skill that buffs your active pet.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Aphrodite posted:

They also have one skill that buffs your active pet.

Hulking out the 3 Pet (Single Target) is an awesome steroid cooldown for boss fights.

I am getting close to capping Necro, and as I do I am slowly working towards Alchemist. And I do mean slowly..what is this 800 spark per node poo poo. Ugh. It's draining my desire to play tbqh. I unlocked Kinetic, but after hearing how squishy they are..coming from Necro not fearing death I don't know if I could play it.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I'd like to point out that this tooltip is off if some of you haven't realized yet:

It's actually every time you dash, making it passable for zerkers/slayers/whatever abuses dodge to cancel recovery animations.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

lewtt posted:

I'd like to point out that this tooltip is off if some of you haven't realized yet:

It's actually every time you dash, making it passable for zerkers/slayers/whatever abuses dodge to cancel recovery animations.

I was wondering about that symbol, it's right beside a 12% dmg buff for the first 8 seconds of a fight and had some weird idea of stacking all of these for some insane first-aimed shot damage.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Well if it triggers out of combat you could dash before you use Aimed Shot and get both bonuses. Element of Surprise is always active out of combat (at 0s duration) so I know it works with Aimed Shot.

Either way, I don't think Rapid Attack is worth the investment unless you're playing a class like lewtt mentioned, i.e. that significantly uses dash canceling to increase damage output. Beyond like the first two ranks, those multiple rank symbols are hidden behind layers of pink nodes and high cost nodes.

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp
So if I'm ultimately aiming to be a berzerker I should start with the paladin right?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Clemocracy posted:

So if I'm ultimately aiming to be a berzerker I should start with the paladin right?

It doesn't matter, all classes use their own equipment and all classes are the same distance from the starter nodes.

Unless you mean as far as playstyle goes in which case maybe it's better to play a melee class? IDK

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Clemocracy posted:

If nothing else, the symbol you get for getting all the paladin skills and talents is super good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Clemocracy posted:

For Bezerker you need to start as a cryomancer.

• Locked thread