Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

I'm doing a live draft in a couple weeks, but some of the managers are flakey and I know at least one won't show. What's the best draft software that also autodrafts for absentee managers? Last year we used Clickydraft, but it doesn't autodraft so we had to kind of do BPA for a team and it ended up being a little strange.

Also, does anyone know if NFL.com allows the commissioner to pause a live draft? Google is ambiguous on the subject.

Live draft with stickers is the best IMO. As for absentee drafters, I would just go with BPA according to ESPN or whatever. I think FBG and 4For4 have draft software but it's part of the subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah just say upfront what the plan is for no-shows.

Might want to say upfront what the handing-off-a-zombie-team criteria/plan is, too. Flakiness can kind of snowball with players a person didn't pick and then they lose the first couple of weeks etc. etc.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 22m22 minutes ago

Arian Foster's groin injury is serious in nature. Source said it should require surgery & may be candidate for IR w/ designation for return.

:rip:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Benne posted:

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 22m22 minutes ago

Arian Foster's groin injury is serious in nature. Source said it should require surgery & may be candidate for IR w/ designation for return.

:rip:

You're my boy, Blue!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
More people should hang out in the IRC channel, #fantasyfootball on synirc.net.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

jabro posted:

You're my boy, Blue!

If only he wasn't kind of bad.

e: Maybe he'll be better if the Texans give him 30 carries every game like they gave to Foster, before inevitably breaking him as well.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They don't seem all that sold on Blue and will probably have some kind of clusterfuck committee. Hopkins is the only Texan you should be drafting right now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

They don't seem all that sold on Blue and will probably have some kind of clusterfuck committee. Hopkins is the only Texan you should be drafting right now.

Their defense is very draftable

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'll put in a late flyer on Chris Polk on the Texans

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Injuries like Foster's are the reason I drafted Ray Rice with my second to last pick in our latest dynasty draft.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Come on Ahmad Bradshaw, make me look good for taking you in the Goon MFL...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Published Tue Aug 4 1:27:04 p.m. ET 2015
(USA Today)Houston Texans RB Alfred Blue (cramps) was carted off the field Tuesday, Aug. 4 with leg cramps, but he is supposedly fine. Blue received the repetitions that RB Arian Foster (groin) would have received.

Alfred Blue sucks.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Published Tue Aug 4 1:27:04 p.m. ET 2015
(USA Today)Houston Texans RB Alfred Blue (cramps) was carted off the field Tuesday, Aug. 4 with leg cramps, but he is supposedly fine. Blue received the repetitions that RB Arian Foster (groin) would have received.

Alfred Blue sucks.

Think the lack of a significant run game in Houston will drop Hopkins's value (more than the QB situation already has)?

At this point Hopkins is the only Houston offensive player I want but that was with Foster keeping defenses honest. Now I'm not sure Hopkins would be a WR2...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Who among the following free agents will have the best chance at not sucking this year?

Ray Rice, 28, 1431 Carries, 4.3 YPC
Chris Johnson, 29, 1897 Carries, 4.5 YPC
Steven Jackson, 32, 2742 Carries, 3.9 YPC
Pierre Thomas, 30, 816 Carries, 4.3 YPC
Ahmad Bradshaw, 29, 1052 Carrier, 4.6 YPC
Knowshon Moreno, 28, 4.1 YPC

Amergin posted:

Think the lack of a significant run game in Houston will drop Hopkins's value (more than the QB situation already has)?

At this point Hopkins is the only Houston offensive player I want but that was with Foster keeping defenses honest. Now I'm not sure Hopkins would be a WR2...

Houston has plenty of cap room for 2015 so I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up a not lovely RB FA. Hopkins has already demonstrated skill when around sub par QBs so I would expect the increase in volume to benefit him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who among the following free agents will have the best chance at not sucking this year?

Ray Rice, 28, 1431 Carries, 4.3 YPC
Chris Johnson, 29, 1897 Carries, 4.5 YPC
Steven Jackson, 32, 2742 Carries, 3.9 YPC
Pierre Thomas, 30, 816 Carries, 4.3 YPC
Ahmad Bradshaw, 29, 1052 Carrier, 4.6 YPC
Knowshon Moreno, 28, 4.1 YPC

Thomas
Bradshaw
Cj2k (only if Dallas signs him)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bill O'Brien is a "character guy" fetishist so that pretty much rules out Rice and CJ.

If they make a move in FA it will probably be Pierre Thomas, who can still catch passes and would be useful in whatever Frankenstein committee they come up with.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Bradshaw was great in Indy's passing offense too and was a legitimate threat, assuming his leg doesn't just fall off before the season starts.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Live draft with stickers is the best IMO. As for absentee drafters, I would just go with BPA according to ESPN or whatever. I think FBG and 4For4 have draft software but it's part of the subscription.

Yeah we're getting a board with stickers, but I like to have some kind of online rankings for the women in the league. I guess I could just set em up with Matthew Berry's top 150 or something.

pangstrom posted:

Yeah just say upfront what the plan is for no-shows.

Might want to say upfront what the handing-off-a-zombie-team criteria/plan is, too. Flakiness can kind of snowball with players a person didn't pick and then they lose the first couple of weeks etc. etc.

Nobody who hasn't paid is drafting, that's rule #1 of being a fantasy sports commish. If somebody wants to pay and then autodraft and barely manage their team after, that's up to them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

Yeah we're getting a board with stickers, but I like to have some kind of online rankings for the women in the league. I guess I could just set em up with Matthew Berry's top 150 or something.

BeerSheets. Unless you don't feel like sharing. Otherwise:

ESPN: http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football...rd-standard-ppr

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Give 'em NFL.com rankings

:unsmigghh:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

BeerSheets. Unless you don't feel like sharing. Otherwise:

ESPN: http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football...rd-standard-ppr

I don't even share the Beersheets with my wife.

:bigtran: "What's that?"

:ninja: "Oh, just some spreadsheet I found online."

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's that website that takes ADP rankings and randomizes them a little so you can give them to the douchebags that didn't come prepared?

I totally had a few copies of them with me last year at my $100 buy in draft..

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm keeping LeVeon Bell this year in the third round. However, last year I traded my 2015 third round pick away. So I would have to use my 2nd round pick to keep him.

I was thinking I could trade my 2nd round pick for a 3rd and a 5th, if I can find someone to bite.

My reasoning being since I would have to burn that 2nd round pick on Bell anyway, might as well get an extra 5th round pick out of it.

Thoughts?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I'm keeping LeVeon Bell this year in the third round. However, last year I traded my 2015 third round pick away. So I would have to use my 2nd round pick to keep him.

I was thinking I could trade my 2nd round pick for a 3rd and a 5th, if I can find someone to bite.

My reasoning being since I would have to burn that 2nd round pick on Bell anyway, might as well get an extra 5th round pick out of it.

Thoughts?

So you would trade a 2nd round for a 3rd and a 5th round, and then use the 3rd round on Bell?

I dig it. Toss in your last pick since you won't be using it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah I'd be losing the 2nd either way so I figure if I trade it for the 3rd and 5th, then keep Bell with the 3rd, I just got an extra 5th rounder.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Yeah I'd be losing the 2nd either way so I figure if I trade it for the 3rd and 5th, then keep Bell with the 3rd, I just got an extra 5th rounder.

How is it even a question then? Of course you should do that trade if you can!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Well I still have to find someone who will take the deal. It's a pretty fair offer I think.

I was mostly asking to see if you guys think it's a trade someone would accept.

I could always offer a 2nd and a 6th, and so on, because why not get a free pick.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 4, 2015

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any point to having draft pick trades in redraft leagues?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Any point to having draft pick trades in redraft leagues?

Capitalizing on the gullible.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Pierre Thomas is visiting the Texans - Rotoworld.com

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Capitalizing on the gullible.

Wait, if I enable draft pick trading on Yahoo...that means draft picks can be traded during the season right? AKA, a losing team with say Jamaal Charles isn't making the playoffs...so he trades him away for a 2nd round pick of next year's draft to the guy that will probably make the finals?

89 fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 5, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Only in a keeper league.

In normal leagues you can only trade picks pre-draft.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Benne posted:

Bill O'Brien is a "character guy" fetishist so that pretty much rules out Rice and CJ.

If they make a move in FA it will probably be Pierre Thomas, who can still catch passes and would be useful in whatever Frankenstein committee they come up with.

Good call.

On a related note, nothing makes me :raise: more than going through the Roto blurbs and finding out about a significant injury via a secondary blurb it created. Case in point was reading about PT and Lawfirm being courted by the Texans for some Godforsaken reason.

Who had an early draft and drafted Foster? Inquiring minds want to schadenfreude.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
OK, yesterday I asked about a choice between trading for Doug Martin, Charles Johnson or Zach Ertz in my keeper league. The feedback I got was to go for Martin, but the asking price for him is crazy, and the asking price for Zach Ertz (5th rounder) and Charles Johnson (6th rounder) are very comparable. Who should I get?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

surf rock posted:

OK, yesterday I asked about a choice between trading for Doug Martin, Charles Johnson or Zach Ertz in my keeper league. The feedback I got was to go for Martin, but the asking price for him is crazy, and the asking price for Zach Ertz (5th rounder) and Charles Johnson (6th rounder) are very comparable. Who should I get?

You need to fill in some details - is the 6th the only cost you will have to pay for Johnson, or does he have a subsequent yearly keeper cost as well? If so, how much? Do you have a limit on keepers? What are your other keeper options instead, if any?

Edit: I reread your original post and answered a few of my questions, but I still need to know the cost one as well.

If there's no go forward cost for Johnson, he's definitely worth a 6th. Ertz I'm less sure about straight up, let alone more expensive.

Franks Happy Place fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 5, 2015

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I didn't realize that keeper cost was a thing. Nope, no keeper cost whatsoever. You can keep six keepers "free" but no more than that.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Then yeah, Johnson for sure.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Metapod posted:

Thomas
Bradshaw
Cj2k (only if Dallas signs him)

Knowshon just wept so much when you left him off.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welcome to my roster Pierre Thomas. Jamaal, Demarco, and Jeremy will tell where on the bench to sit. Cameron is new so maybe you and Ray can tell him how this works. Knile will help. Don't mind Doug and Charles, they're just hashing out some poo poo.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
How big ofa drop is it going from Roethlisberger to Romo or Cam? I have my 2qb draft this weekend and I'm trying to figure out the tiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The X-man cometh posted:

How big ofa drop is it going from Roethlisberger to Romo or Cam? I have my 2qb draft this weekend and I'm trying to figure out the tiers

Call it a point per game according to my sheet. Ben is one tier ahead of the others. BeerSheets has a 2QB option if you want to feel lazy, although the disparity between projections and ADP gets pretty high.

• Locked thread