Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Not a movie reference I expected in 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

The beady yellow eyes get me every time. So much vitriolic hate.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Hmm, replace the Alice-ed up Hillary with an elephant and the Cheshire Grin with Trump's disembodied hair. Obviously replace the thought bubble with "*censored* Trump" or just remove it all together.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
RIDICULOUSLY
Ignorant and Uninformed

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

I don't get the lucky rabbits foot or the smiley face. A little help from probably someone older than me?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

It's like he does it on purpose or something! A deal with Khamenei looks bad on the outside, but when you get to know it better you see that it's really a lovely thing that does a lot good in the world. AGC

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

"the iran deal is a fat butt" - twice winner of the pulitzer prize for editorial cartooning

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

"Ridiculously Ignorant and Uninformed."

I really like this angle that Ramirez and Tinsley tend to latch on to.

What information are we missing? Does lifting sanctions improve Iran's ability to covertly develop nuclear weapons? Has our capacity to detect attempts to covertly develop nuclear weapons been diminished? Is there something in the deal that says "If we find out you're secretly building nukes, we have no right to bomb the hell out of your production facilities?"

If you want to accuse your opponents of being low-information, then at least provide links to information. That way we can laugh at where you get your information from.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

IRAN DEAL is also NUCLEAR ARMS RACE is also secretly A NUKE in SHALLOW HOLLYWOOD coming this summer

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

there wolf posted:

It's like he does it on purpose or something! A deal with Khamenei looks bad on the outside, but when you get to know it better you see that it's really a lovely thing that does a lot good in the world. AGC

Also Jack Black('s mutant stunt double) has a shadow of a donkey, despite the fact that the point of the movie is that Black's character has special "no fat chick" eyes and not "the true state of the world is revealed in its shadows like a second-rate They Live."

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FaradayCage posted:

"Ridiculously Ignorant and Uninformed."

I really like this angle that Ramirez and Tinsley tend to latch on to.

What information are we missing? Does lifting sanctions improve Iran's ability to covertly develop nuclear weapons? Has our capacity to detect attempts to covertly develop nuclear weapons been diminished? Is there something in the deal that says "If we find out you're secretly building nukes, we have no right to bomb the hell out of your production facilities?"

If you want to accuse your opponents of being low-information, then at least provide links to information. That way we can laugh at where you get your information from.

What you're uninformed about is that the president is a black Democrat.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

This is a surprisingly untimely and irrelevant pop-culture reference even for Michael "Cattle Futures" Ramirez.

He must have been really desperate to come up with anything.

Kreider, the day after 9/11:

Probably not the earliest instance of the concept, but it's more succinct, better-drawn, and also uses what I'm pretty sure is the more generally-accepted phrasing, which also reads much more smoothly than the other way around, anyway.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

RBS sell-off.

Telegraph:

Not a clue, sorry.

Times:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding the Iran deal, isn't the billions of dollars "we're giving them" just their own money in unfrozen assets?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

FishBulb posted:

What's wrong with KenTacoHut?

Actually, as any early 2000s north Dallasite would know, the correct name is Chews. Get it? Chews?

GyroNinja posted:

Some kind of partial birth abortion bill.

Wasn't this because Obama vowed a veto on the 20-week abortion ban when it was introduced in the 113th, before Reid filibustered?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Regarding the Iran deal, isn't the billions of dollars "we're giving them" just their own money in unfrozen assets?

Yes, but if Obama wasn't such a Secret Muslim, he'd be stealing that money instead and using it to bomb Iran for their audacity.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So yeah, Jack Black and Morgan Freeman (huh, wonder why Ramirez didn't parody him...) came out in support of the Iran deal: http://www.people.com/article/morgan-freeman-jack-black-back-president-obama-iran-deal-video

I mean, if Ramirez is going to skew Jack Black, Shallow Hal was probably his worst movie so it's not surprising.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Also, from the UK cartoon thread, the Daily Mail's thoughtful response to the death of a celebrity:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Angepain posted:

Also, from the UK cartoon thread, the Daily Mail's thoughtful response to the death of a celebrity:

I will bet you money that Mac thinks of himself as a Christian.

What a total waste of viable organs.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

seiferguy posted:

So yeah, Jack Black and Morgan Freeman (huh, wonder why Ramirez didn't parody him...) came out in support of the Iran deal: http://www.people.com/article/morgan-freeman-jack-black-back-president-obama-iran-deal-video

I mean, if Ramirez is going to skew Jack Black, Shallow Hal was probably his worst movie so it's not surprising.

Should've gone with "School of Barack."

(Actually, should've gone with "retire from editorial cartooning immediately, return all awards with a public speech about how you never deserved them in the first place, and amputate own hands with a table saw just in case you're ever tempted to inflict terrible cartoons on the world again.")

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Your source posted:

Obama on Monday called out GOP leaders for their criticism of the deal, calling Gov. Mike Huckabee's controversial Holocaust comparison "ridiculous if it weren't so sad."

:boom:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Deep Hurting posted:

Should've gone with "School of Barack."

(Actually, should've gone with "retire from editorial cartooning immediately, return all awards with a public speech about how you never deserved them in the first place, and amputate own hands with a table saw just in case you're ever tempted to inflict terrible cartoons on the world again.")

Bomb of Destiny

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Scaramouche posted:

Bomb of Destiny

Nuke Vision and Jack

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

Telegraph:

Not a clue, sorry.
It's the Ted Heath thing - his yachts were all called "Morning Cloud".

Edit: forgot this isn't the UK toons thread, so I should give proper context - the wave of investigations into historical child sex offences in the UK shows no sign of letting up and four (I think) seperate police forces are now investigating allegations that a former prime minister sexually abused children on his yacht and dumped their bodies overboard. What a time to be alive. :smith:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 5, 2015

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Wasn't this because Obama vowed a veto on the 20-week abortion ban when it was introduced in the 113th, before Reid filibustered?

That would make the cartoon even more ridiculous and disingenuous, so you're probably right.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Telegraph:

Not a clue, sorry.

That's Ted Heath.

For those of you who don't know, turns out our former Prime Minister was a kiddie-fucker.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

seiferguy posted:

The gently caress is wrong with your tastes? It's like his third best.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

xthetenth posted:

Shop in a rainbow tie for that gay abortion kitsch?
Ok

Also here is another:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Please post sincerely in the Political Cartoons Thread. We're not good at subtext...or context....or any text really.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Not gonna lie, I kinda wish the Gay Abortions had a Best New Character category, just so we could give Hoodie Death some love.
On the other hand, it's Tinsley, and the idea of giving him credit for something good is weird and foreign to me.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't usually try to AGC but I literally thought this cartoon was calling out conservatives for trying to make everything about their pet issues until I saw the signature.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

GyroNinja posted:

That would make the cartoon even more ridiculous and disingenuous, so you're probably right.

Mother Jones with the deets. Apparently he voted "present" instead of "yes" on a bill which would criminalize not giving adequate care to botched abortions as if they were children, possibly impacting interpretation of Illinois's existing anti-abortion law.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Scaramouche posted:

Bomb of Destiny

Nukecho Libre.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Goddammit now I want one.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012
So last week was specially grim for Mexico. Last weekend police found the body Rubén Espinosa, a photojournalist well known for his crusade against the corrupt and violent governor of the state of Veracruz, along with four other victims in an apartment in Mexico City.

The four other victims where Nadia Vera, a social activist; Yesenia Quiroz, a student from the state of Baja California; a colombian woman known only as Nicole, and Alejandra, a cleaning maid.

All the bodies showed signs of torture and rape. A first responder described the crime scene as "an orgy of blood and violence". An execution shot was found in all of them. Clear signs of a settling of scores.

Espinosa was living in exile in Mexico City after allegedly being harassed by thugs hired by Javier Duarte de Ocho, a governor well know for his hate of the free press.

This marks the long history of violence against journos in Mexico and the end of the perception of Mexico City as a safe haven separated from the the bloodbath that is provincial Mexico.

Here are some politoons about it:

Rocha:

The tiny baby on the camera lens is suposed to be Javier Duarte.

Rapé:

Hernández:

"Well! It seems that in Mexico City criminals also steal juice boxes and hostess cakes"

-He flees Veracruz after death threats and is murdered in Mexico City

The juice and cakes thing is a reference of Duarte comments about security in Veracruz, "a state so safe" he assures everyone "that the only crimes commited are thefts of hostess cakes and juice boxes in convenience stores".

-------------------------------------------

Also, mexican oil's prices are falling hard. So here's a cute cartoon about it by Calderon:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Selachian posted:

Nukecho Libre.

Nuke-fu Iranda.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

These grim reaper avatars just make me think Death had to find another part-time job now that no more Discworld books are being written.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Stultus Maximus posted:

Other than KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut each being the worst example of their category of nationwide fast food chain?

Well it did get us this amazing song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Pilchenstein posted:

Edit: forgot this isn't the UK toons thread, so I should give proper context - the wave of investigations into historical child sex offences in the UK shows no sign of letting up and four (I think) seperate police forces are now investigating allegations that a former prime minister sexually abused children on his yacht and dumped their bodies overboard. What a time to be alive. :smith:

:stare:

• Locked thread