Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Surprisingly big turnout at the theater. My Battle of Gods showing was maaaaybe half full. This one is very nearly sold out. Freeza puts asses in seats apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
You guys are crazy, Cell's comment about Tien turning triangles into squares was comedy gold and easily the best part.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

jivjov posted:

Freeza puts asses in seats apparently.

Which is probably the reason they did it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I really like the music in Dragonball Super. Is that bad? I don't think it is bad.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Eonwe posted:

im going to see Revival of F at Alamo Drafthouse tonight

last time they had cardboard saiyan hair for everyone to wear and had senzu beans (fried green beans) and a bunch of other themed food

gonna own

From the TFS twitter:

https://twitter.com/teamfourstar/status/628711979784409088/photo/1

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Super Saiyan Meal having multiple forms you can order is a pretty good gimmick

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
But no Super Saiyan God meal.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

How!? How do I make it Super Saiyan 3!?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

In It For The Tank posted:

Add 2 Mozzarella Sticks, 2 Fried Pickles, and die at least twice to train in Otherworld.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

In It For The Tank posted:

Even more juice?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Parrotine posted:

I want to see the DBZ parody episode! Which one is that?

It's called "Garnet's Universe."

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rand Brittain posted:

It's called "Garnet's Universe."

I don't watch this show, but I'm like 2 minutes into the episode and it's already packed full of references to poo poo. Already seen Frog from Chrono Trigger and Usagi Yojimbo.

e: What the hell? that episode didn't have a Vegeta and Nappa rip-off in it at all!

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 5, 2015

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Little Mac posted:

I really like the music in Dragonball Super. Is that bad? I don't think it is bad.

The Chala-Head-Chala tune during recap is soooo good.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I think the title song is pretty bland. There is like zero passion in it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

My theater was packed (Gallery Place in DC ). Too bad the video hosed up twice and skipped to near the end when the action was just about to start.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Prison Warden posted:

I don't watch this show, but I'm like 2 minutes into the episode and it's already packed full of references to poo poo. Already seen Frog from Chrono Trigger and Usagi Yojimbo.

e: What the hell? that episode didn't have a Vegeta and Nappa rip-off in it at all!

Weightedddd hairrrrrr

Also, Dragon Ball Z: The Musical?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Prison Warden posted:

The characters(s) you're probably thinking of/have seen DBesque fanart of are in the Season 1 finale, Jailbreak/The Return. Unlike the episode you watched it actually has plot poo poo in it though, so fair warning if you care about that.

Also the resemblance is mostly superficial.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I wouldn't say so considering their goal is literally go go into the earth and harvest its natural resources. Not exactly like the Sayians (really more like the Combine) but still something you can relate the two with.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Momomo posted:

I wouldn't say so considering their goal is literally go go into the earth and harvest its natural resources. Not exactly like the Sayians (really more like the Combine) but still something you can relate the two with.

Eh, if you're vague enough that describes pretty much any alien invasion plot (from Independence Day to the Decepticons). What kind of dick alien goes to planets just to blow them up? Now if the natural resources in question were magical wish granting crystals, then you'd be on to something.

Fuego Fish posted:

Meanwhile, in Buttlord, not-Trunks is revealed.

Everybody read Buttlord.

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 5, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RoF was fun. The kung fu alien monkey man hit the space emperor.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
The 21st Martial Arts tournament was pretty loving baller. That fight between Roshi and Goku :allears: And Nam! :syoon:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

mycot posted:

Eh, if you're vague enough that describes pretty much any alien invasion plot (from Independence Day to the Decepticons). What kind of dick alien goes to planets just to blow them up?

Hey, was someone talking about me?

(SU spoiler)but no, the SU aliens aren't much like Nappa/Vegeta other than superficial similarities, though one of them does escape in something that looks just like a saiyan escape pod

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Farecoal posted:

The 21st Martial Arts tournament was pretty loving baller. That fight between Roshi and Goku :allears: And Nam! :syoon:

Yeah, the first World Tournament is absolutely amazing.

And the second is even better.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Some Numbers posted:

Roshi is a loving killer in Dragon Ball. I bet he had some crazy fights against Shen in his youth.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Some Numbers posted:

and the third is pretty good as well~

I miss those tournaments :unsmith:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Just saw Resurrection F. It was a really fun flick with some nice fights and good laughs. It feels more like DBZ whereas Battle of Gods felt more like DB. Not saying that's better or worse: just an observation.

Anyone else notice that Freeza kept claiming he was in Earth's hell and claimed he could destroy it by destroying the planet?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I didn't realize that Battle of Gods would be in theaters until after it was out of them, so this was my first time seeing DBZ on the big screen.

It was both weird and awesome. Weird because I'm not used to having a crowd reaction to the action and some of the people didn't smell great, awesome because everyone had a ton of fun. It was a packed house here in Indy and it might've been the most diverse group of people I've ever seen in one room. You could cast a '90s sitcom with that group.

Movie itself was good. Action movie with elements of comedy, which is my preferred mix for DBZ. I think my favorite part was 18 saying matter-of-factly that Krillin is so cool. :allears: I also liked that most of the fan complaints, like Gohan's stupid tracksuit, are addressed sensibly. Other best parts were Piccolo rocking Pan's cradle and Goku getting shot with a bullshit little ray gun, which confirms my longstanding theory that small ki attacks aren't actually useless after all, that any of them could significantly damage Goku if he wasn't able to ward it off with his ki, or just wasn't paying attention.

A big thing that bothered me with BoG was the animation of the fight scenes. It felt weirdly "off" with all of the CG. This was a big step in the right direction, although I think I still prefer the show's animation. That's nostalgia talking, I'm pretty sure. Two other things that bothered me: the lack of Falcouner makes me sad, and some of the voice acting seems really rusty to me. I don't know if it was the dialogue itself that was clumsy or if it was the delivery.

I don't know why I'm complaining, I had a great time. Completely worth seeing, and I'm tempted to go back next week for the second showing just to get another crowd reaction.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I took a picture of that and I also got a Revival of F movie poster and a Frieza phone topper

also since it Dallas and Funimation is based out of here they were at the event

kinda owned

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Covok posted:

Just saw Resurrection F. It was a really fun flick with some nice fights and good laughs. It feels more like DBZ whereas Battle of Gods felt more like DB. Not saying that's better or worse: just an observation.

Anyone else notice that Freeza kept claiming he was in Earth's hell and claimed he could destroy it by destroying the planet?

yeah I saw that. it was amusing.

a 9/10 Movie with a 6/10 ending basically sums up Resurrection F to me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also movie owns

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I don't know what to believe with Dokkan Battle anymore. I got a super rare Nappa without the draw thing being super saiyan Goku.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pyroi posted:

Add 2 Mozzarella Sticks, 2 Fried Pickles, and die at least twice to train in Otherworld.

and you can make it super saiyan god by adding 2 mozzarella sticks, 2 fried pickles and 2 hot wings

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Testekill posted:

I don't know what to believe with Dokkan Battle anymore. I got a super rare Nappa without the draw thing being super saiyan Goku.

Think Super Saiyan Goku just for sure gives you a Super Rare/Super Super Rare

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ekusukariba posted:

Think Super Saiyan Goku just for sure gives you a Super Rare/Super Super Rare

Ohhhhhhh. So normal Goku still has a chance of giving you a stronger card but Super Saiyan Goku is guaranteed?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
A few things that I loved about the movie that I loved. One that's been said, none of them especially spoilery, but just in case:
Eighteen swooning over Krillin when he leaves
Krillin's Ring tone of his phone is the theme from One Piece
Bulma wears the pants in their relationship definitely. After all the poo poo she talks to Frieza? You know she doesn't take poo poo from Vegeta!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

A few things that I loved about the movie that I loved. One that's been said, none of them especially spoilery, but just in case:
Eighteen swooning over Krillin when he leaves
Krillin's Ring tone of his phone is the theme from One Piece
Bulma wears the pants in their relationship definitely. After all the poo poo she talks to Frieza? You know she doesn't take poo poo from Vegeta!

Yeah, Bulma was great in this. Although, speaking of One Piece, did her chest get the Nami treatment for this one?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We had a fairly lively crowd which filled the house, the best part of which was the deafening cheers that erupted when Vegeta stepped in.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Rodyle posted:

We had a fairly lively crowd which filled the house, the best part of which was the deafening cheers that erupted when Vegeta stepped in.

same. When he powered up the whole theater started cheering

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope they all cried when the movie was over. Goku was here, Vegeta is a loser.:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There was booing when Freeza cheated.

E: I got my own slightly intoxicated booing out of the way with that Attack on Titan trailer.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 5, 2015

• Locked thread