Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm the one who made the defensive line of snowmen. :shobon: My contribution to the dojo pales in the radiance of the Loki chainsaw dick though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Azran posted:

I'm the one who made the defensive line of snowmen. :shobon: My contribution to the dojo pales in the radiance of the Loki chainsaw dick though.

That Loki is glorious.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I stopped playing this a while ago and tried it again after hearing about the movement revamp.

I had to re-do the tutorial and got to play with the bow, then I got to play my old character again.

Is there a non-cash shop way to get the the bow? It was a pretty rad weapon.

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

Caffeine IV posted:

Five Animal Instincts, no Armoured Agility, hours of runs.

I'm never running Nightmare missions again.

I actually got Armored Agility from running the raid...heh :3

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Azubah posted:

I stopped playing this a while ago and tried it again after hearing about the movement revamp.

I had to re-do the tutorial and got to play with the bow, then I got to play my old character again.

Is there a non-cash shop way to get the the bow? It was a pretty rad weapon.

You should be able to get the blueprint for the regular Paris from the market for credits. Paris Prime drops in the void, and I'd be a lot of goons have spare parts kicking around. Dread is about on par with Paris Prime but only drops from the Stalker, who'll send you a threatening email when you kill a boss, and has a small chance to show up in your missions thereafter.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Which Syndicate mods are basically Must-Haves? I went Hexis, and got 25k standing with them (max rank, already got the weapon).

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us
Syndicate weapon mods can be very nice for some weapons. Pilfering Swarm makes Hydroid a worthwhile farming frame. I like Perpetual Vortex for Vauban on defense missions or other mission types where you'll be immobile for a while. Greedy Pull pre-nerf is, of course, the Best Thing Ever (yawn) but post-nerf using it means you're just greedy and selfish, so go nuts.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Shame they nerfed GMag though. Could have made items chance to disappear instead on pull :v:

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Or just not pull health/energy orbs. Knowing DE though, there's probably no way to differentiate between loot types.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfOlzfdMTvU
new youtube player looks weird

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 4, 2015

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Janana posted:

I like Perpetual Vortex for Vauban on defense missions or other mission types where you'll be immobile for a while.

I thought conventional wisdom was you were better just tossing another vortex out.

To the OP, other situationally-useful syndicate mods are resonance (banshee), irradiating disarm (loki), post-nerf greedy pull/shield transference (mag), vampire leech (trinity), and jet stream (zephyr). Mostly because the builds are not particularly point intensive.

edit: and the mirage damage one.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Azran posted:

Which Syndicate mods are basically Must-Haves? I went Hexis, and got 25k standing with them (max rank, already got the weapon).

Despoil is a requirement for Nekros. His desecrate drops health orbs at 2-3 times the rate of mana orbs, and with despoil you can keep the loot train rolling all night long.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
They should have 'fixed' greedy pull by making its physics fling pickups in the same crazy directions that Pull does for normal mobs.

It might bring you those five energy orbs. Or it might send them sailing over your head and twice as far away behind you as they started. Or it might go like ninety degrees away or straight up for no reason.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Azran posted:

Any weapon mod that ups damage/multishot. The Rhino iron skin one is useful just to be able to refresh it. Ihere's a new Oberon one that looked interesting but might just be gimmick. Chilling globe for Frost is a must.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What did they do to gmag?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Greedy Pull no longer affects loot globally. Just your instance of loot.

It's actually still great for credit-mongering with Chroma's Effigy since credits are global pickups.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

cat_snake posted:

I actually got Armored Agility from running the raid...heh :3

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

TheAnomaly posted:

Despoil is a requirement for Nekros. His desecrate drops health orbs at 2-3 times the rate of mana orbs, and with despoil you can keep the loot train rolling all night long.

Equilibrium kicks the poo poo out of Despoil since a max efficiency Nekros will easily be able to sustain Desecrate off of the health orb energy heal, while stacking even more regen from energy orbs. Get Soul Survivor instead to punch people back to life from across the map.

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Any weapon mod that ups damage/multishot. The Rhino iron skin one is useful just to be able to refresh it. Ihere's a new Oberon one that looked interesting but might just be gimmick. Chilling globe for Frost is a must.

The Oberon one's a gimmick, and Frost can just recast Snow Globe now to freeze everything inside. Ice Wave Impedance is decent for a slow that stacks with Snow Globe, I suppose. Resonance is a must-have for Banshee, and Greedy Pull is still good for fueling Shield Polarize rampages.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
http://ashdudes.tumblr.com/post/121026532006/splatoon-final-boss-squid-sisters-sonic

Required listening for the survival mission that's bugged.

You're a squid now, DE's coding's poo poo now.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Nalesh posted:

http://ashdudes.tumblr.com/post/121026532006/splatoon-final-boss-squid-sisters-sonic

Required listening for the survival mission that's bugged.

You're a squid now, DE's coding's poo poo now.

what bug is this now?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Denzine posted:

Greedy Pull no longer affects loot globally. Just your instance of loot.

It's actually still great for credit-mongering with Chroma's Effigy since credits are global pickups.

Oh well that's loving terrible.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Good times :unsmigghh:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OP7zTZThq0

This is the greatest thing in U17 yet.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
God chilling globe + the new frost buffs is a retarded combo that I love.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So I was just doing a T4D with a group of goons. We get to wave 20 and everyone decides it's time to cash out.

I selected leave with the rest of them but at about 2 seconds left the game suddenly migrated hosts.

All that loot, gone.

Sometimes I really hate this game.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
New patch out, some cut notes (the first block is a bunch of PvP poo poo :jerkbag:

quote:

Altered the visual effect of explosions that come from the Concealed Explosives Mod. :haw:

Made adjustments to the Tyl Regor boss battle that should make exiting the water in the third stage much easier. :argh:

Tyl Regor will now teleport more frequently during his boss fight, making it more difficult for players to determine his location. :jerkbag:

Fixed players being able to swim through the air in the hidden loot room on the Grineer Underwater Lab tileset.
Fixed enemies not being so perceptive in the Archwing portions of the Grineer Underwater Lab tileset.
Fixed the Escape key interrupting the water exit transition, causing players to stay on Archwing outside of the water. :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Haquer posted:

Good times :unsmigghh:

:stare: Explain yourself. Quickly.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
So I'm choosing my next forma requiring build and I was wondering what I should choose out of the following:
  • Grinlok
  • Phage
  • Quanta
  • Sybaris
  • Torid
  • Kohmak
  • Nukor
  • Pyrana
I've got a pretty good selection of weapons already, aside from Prime weapons of which I only have a few. Is there anything in there that is just head-and-shoulders above the rest or failing that, just super fun? If it was up to me I'd probably choose between the Phage or the Kohmak but I figured I'd get some opinions.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:stare: Explain yourself. Quickly.

From a previous post:

quote:

The 3rd part of the Natah questline (the survival one) has a 10 minute limit and stops counting once you pass that point. Fortunately the enemies stop leveling at 28 as well so you can stay as long as you possibly want to cash in on massive amounts of resources and mods! The last thing you need to know is that the Drekar Heavy Gunners have a 100% chance to drop a mod and a rare resource (gallium). When killed with a Pilfering Swarm Hydroid that means you will be getting 4-5 mods and 2-3 sets of rare resources (gallium)! Unfortunately you can only do this mission once so pick a good squad and stay as long as you can!

As for mine, we ran a Frost, Nekros, Ev Trin and Hydroid and made out like bandits. We stayed in for just over 1.5hrs (and I was running credit and resource boosters).

Do note that if you've finished the Natah questline already you'll have to piggyback off somebody else's.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Do I still post here to get an invite to the PS4 clan? My PSN is varinner.

This game's been a good time-killer so far when I'm not already wasting my time with Destiny.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
How often do the double [insert here] weekends come around? Do they usually announce them ahead of time or just randomly decide on a Friday to do them? Also gently caress me this game is so addicting for some reason. It must scratch that itch in my brain where bars fill up and the random ARPG drops like D3, etc.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AttackBacon posted:

So I'm choosing my next forma requiring build and I was wondering what I should choose out of the following:
  • Grinlok
  • Phage
  • Quanta
  • Sybaris
  • Torid
  • Kohmak
  • Nukor
  • Pyrana
I've got a pretty good selection of weapons already, aside from Prime weapons of which I only have a few. Is there anything in there that is just head-and-shoulders above the rest or failing that, just super fun? If it was up to me I'd probably choose between the Phage or the Kohmak but I figured I'd get some opinions.
Quanta is worth forma if you want laser accurate twin lasers or shooting cube of explosives. Shame you missed on Quanta Vandal though.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Aesis posted:

Quanta is worth forma if you want laser accurate twin lasers or shooting cube of explosives. Shame you missed on Quanta Vandal though.

Is it a shame, though? It also means he got to skip that terrible event.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Hell, I was sort of active during that event and skipped it anyway.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
So I found an interesting bug in Warframe that says a lot about how they program things. I took the Kulstar and dread into a mission. They both use sniper ammo and I've learned that Warframe doesn't keep track of ammo for weapons but for weapon types. Dread had a maximum amount of ammo of 30 and when I switched to Kulstar after running out of arrows, the only bullets I had for it were in the clip.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

djw175 posted:

So I found an interesting bug in Warframe that says a lot about how they program things. I took the Kulstar and dread into a mission. They both use sniper ammo and I've learned that Warframe doesn't keep track of ammo for weapons but for weapon types. Dread had a maximum amount of ammo of 30 and when I switched to Kulstar after running out of arrows, the only bullets I had for it were in the clip.

That's not a bug though? That makes sense for how they've set their system up.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
It's an unintended consequence of moving some secondaries over to the sniper pool, and it doesn't have a clear-cut fix.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

AttackBacon posted:

• Grinlok
  • Phage
  • Quanta
  • Sybaris
  • Torid
  • Kohmak
  • Nukor
  • Pyrana

Torid, the fartgas gun is hilariously fun(and actually good)

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Nalesh posted:

Torid, the fartgas gun is hilariously fun(and actually good)

Another vote for the Torid. AOE clouds of ticking dps or stat chances that to can get so high that it is practically guaranteed to proc on everything in the cloud at least once.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can also shoot your teammates in the rear end with the torid and blame them for the clouds of gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

B-Mac posted:

How often do the double [insert here] weekends come around? Do they usually announce them ahead of time or just randomly decide on a Friday to do them? Also gently caress me this game is so addicting for some reason. It must scratch that itch in my brain where bars fill up and the random ARPG drops like D3, etc.

They usually come with little to no announcement ahead of time. No schedule for them really. You see them happen a lot though when they decide to run some challenge event that probably has a Wraith/Vandal weapon attached to it.