Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
surprised kasich squeaked in like a fart at the debate in his home state

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Well this is a thing now:
:bernget:

wtf is this

goons are terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I still don't understand what the gently caress the original henget was or the green faced wierdo smilie. I guess I'm getting old or something?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
You're not cool because you don't spend every waking minute on these forums obsessively cataloging in your mind all memes and references :rolleyes:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mike-o posted:

You're not cool because you don't spend every waking minute on these forums obsessively cataloging in your mind all memes and references :rolleyes:

Touched by the 'tism

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Everything I've heard from Sanders is that he wants to go after the ultra-uber-wealthy 1% types, which will do absolutely nothing because it doesn't fuckin matter if Bill Gates is astronomically loaded and lives in a big Michael Bay Transformers house in Washington state or whatever. What matters is the gap between the upper middle-class couples and young families living in a revitalized "arts district" side-by-side with poor, black and third world Hispanic window washers and who never talk to them.

The former vote and make economic decisions in such a way to increase the cost of living and halt opportunities for the latter group. They're socially liberal and progressive (overwhelmingly Bernie Sanders voters actually) who don't want Mexicans moving into town or putting up their cousin's family with five kids in a converted garage next door because it hurts the "character" of the neighborhood.

And Sanders' views on immigration are totally stupid. News flash: A) You can't ever secure the border. It's a pipedream. B) He thinks we should help Mexico be rich instead of importing its poor ... by choking off remittances.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Never get off the boat. Shim got off from the boat, he split from the whole loving program.
I got off the boat on the 4th of july
I got my rear end tased and hauled to arkham asylum and I just got out
I blame lowtax and ralp
What have I missed?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the irony being that the upper middle class and the poor are much closer together than either side wants to admit

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

go3 posted:

the irony being that the upper middle class and the poor are much closer together than either side wants to admit
I live in Austin and Bernie stickers and signs have spread like a fungus across the affluent-but-not-redonkulously-wealthy west side liberal part of town; white people who like strict anti-growth regulation that keeps housing prices high, they like Whole Foods, etc. They don't like sprawl, highways, "bigness" or Dallas or Houston. But they're not the 1% who are the Cause of all Our Problems. That's your average Bernie Sanders voter.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
there is no good representative in politics regardless of code, creed or cult

bernie is just as poo poo as the lot of them

hth

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

biden, deliver us from evil

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

did I miss the window for this tag? I always miss out on the coolest gang tags :saddowns:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It's all yours for $5

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Is Bernie the gwb for dems

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zeris posted:

Is Bernie the gwb for dems

Bernie is the Ron Paul for liberals.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Fucitol posted:

there is no good representative in politics regardless of code, creed or cult

bernie is just as poo poo as the lot of them

hth

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Omi-Polari posted:

I live in Austin and

thats really all you have to say.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So everyone knows CNN is a joke, but this one takes the cake.

If you're smoking spice you got issues, but I don't think it's responsible for a segment of COPS from like two decades ago.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

did I miss the window for this tag? I always miss out on the coolest gang tags :saddowns:

no one was given that, they were all bought as custom text under the avatar. why do all these lurkers think they can get a tag for free if they beg hard enough?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Everybody wants to be one of the cool kids.

They could just, you know, post and then they wouldn't be "that weird guy who just shows up."

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

no one was given that, they were all bought as custom text under the avatar. why do all these lurkers think they can get a tag for free if they beg hard enough?

Because I got quoted like 50 billion times and then people showed up with them.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Everybody wants to be one of the cool kids.

They could just, you know, post and then they wouldn't be "that weird guy who just shows up."

if you wanna be a cool kid then pony up 5 bucks and add a hitlerhump tag under your poo poo

seig heil \o

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

\o \o \o \o \o \o \o \o \o

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

We really should just do what the rest of the internet does and tell them to take pics of themselves doing degrading poo poo to prove they're cool.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Omi-Polari posted:

What matters is the gap between the upper middle-class couples and young families living in a revitalized "arts district" side-by-side with poor, black and third world Hispanic window washers and who never talk to them.

The former vote and make economic decisions in such a way to increase the cost of living and halt opportunities for the latter group. They're socially liberal and progressive (overwhelmingly Bernie Sanders voters actually) who don't want Mexicans moving into town or putting up their cousin's family with five kids in a converted garage next door because it hurts the "character" of the neighborhood.

White Liberals: They'll vote to increase minimum wage, they'll vote to increase taxes on the obscenely rich, and they'll support the expansion of social welfare programs.

..But they'll try to price you out of their UPPER MIDDLE CLASS neighborhood when you move 30 people into a 3 bedroom ranch + tool shed. And they probably won't invite Tyrone in to deflower their daughters.

So really they're the ones responsible for the gaps in social and economic equality when you think about it.

k.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:siren:SINCE I HAVE NO poo poo GOTTEN 5 PM'S ABOUT IT TODAY HERE'S HOW YOU GET A GANG TAG:siren:

When you buy your new av, put this:
http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/65/cb/00215600.0001.gif
in IMG tags in the text box like if you were inlining a photo in a post.

Hope this clears some things up for people :cabot:

Edit: If you manage to gently caress it up, shoot me a PM so daddy can make it better I can fix your mistake.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 5, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

daddy can make it better

:huh:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:siren:SINCE I HAVE NO poo poo GOTTEN 5 PM'S ABOUT IT TODAY HERE'S HOW YOU GET A GANG TAG:siren:

When you buy your new av, put this:
http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/65/cb/00215600.0001.gif
in IMG tags in the text box like if you were inlining a photo in a post.

Hope this clears some things up for people :cabot:

Edit: If you manage to gently caress it up, shoot me a PM so daddy can make it better I can fix your mistake.

You should give a sixer to the next person who PMs you asking about a gang tag.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
If it's not free, it's not for me :mad:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
GiP: a forum for adults with paychecks (or government disability checks)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:stare:

drat, I was just trying to keep discussion of it out of here. Sorry n4i, wasn't tryin to piss you off man.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mike-o posted:

:stare:

drat, I was just trying to keep discussion of it out of here. Sorry n4i, wasn't tryin to piss you off man.

You're fine dude just figured this was easier than replying to a bunch of PM's asking the same thing.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Bunch of noobs

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You're fine dude just figured this was easier than replying to a bunch of PM's asking the same thing.

haha i got halfway through a pm then went nah gently caress that poor guy's probably swamped by retards asking the same thing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
hey shut up I haven't looked at the buy an avatar page since I re-registered :mad:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that one dude in the "e4 mafia" begging for a tag posted exclusively in the League of Legends thread

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I don't want to fuel Lowtax's addiction to painkillers and cheap wine. :ohdear:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
MANGOSTEEN

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Friends of Joe Biden Worry a Run for President Could Bruise His Legacy

quote:

They fret that Mr. Biden, as well known for his undisciplined, sometimes self-immolating comments as he is for his charm on the trail, could endanger Mr. Obama’s own legacy by injuring Mrs. Clinton’s candidacy and causing his party to lose control of the White House.

While the concern about Mr. Biden appears widespread among his political allies, few seem eager to tell him out of fear of hurting his feelings and seeming to be presumptuous about a decision that is all too personal.

“People deeply care about him and admire him,” said one person who is personally close to Mr. Biden and has worked closely with him, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he did not want to jeopardize his relationship with the vice president. “But you obviously have to worry about the feasibility and ultimate impact of a run.”

They worry about the consequences of Joe running, like making Clinton's campaign problematic, but deep inside they know that Diamond Joe doesn't give a gently caress what they think.

Where's that announcement at?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Anything that hurts Hillary's campaign is fine by me. Biden/Nuke 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Someone is still shooting at soldiers from outside of Camp Shelby.

The governor issued a press release stating military personnel should take any and every action to protect themselves. Also reminded the state that he signed an executive order to arm Guard troops.

Whats the over/under on number of dudes shot today?

• Locked thread