Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00V9...ElpL&ref=plSrch

I use my android phone for music. They can advance the track and control volume, and I just run the cord under my shirt. Bluetooth seems like more hassle than it's worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Ive been using those bluebuds for a year and theyve been great.

Get some comply foam earbuds

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

El Duderino posted:

I have a feeling people at my gym think I'm a poor as I always wear the same black under armour shorts and 5 different tank tops every week... I just do a load of laundry once per week so I'm not smelly or whatevs.

Are you honestly keeping track of what *they're* wearing? I'm a gym rat and while I see some of the same dudes all the time, I have no idea what they're usually wearing. I honestly don't think a single person on Earth has noticed your five tank rotation.

u poor

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

roymorrison posted:

Ive been using those bluebuds for a year and theyve been great.

Get some comply foam earbuds

Same. I had foam earbuds but they tore, the stock ones are fine and seem to stay clean longer.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i wear the same swim shorts to the gym every time and always have my ipod nano clipped to my shirt collar

earbud cord hangs down my shirt and is looped back up to ears.

proest setup because the nano has no screen just song skip so I fill it with a playlist and then can't gently caress with it beyond hitting the skip or volume

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

Zahgaegun posted:

Are you honestly keeping track of what *they're* wearing? I'm a gym rat and while I see some of the same dudes all the time, I have no idea what they're usually wearing. I honestly don't think a single person on Earth has noticed your five tank rotation.

u poor

Eh you're probably correct but there is one buff guy I see most nights and he's always wearing the same tank with 'bodybuilding.com' on it. Guess they could have had a sale and he just stocked up?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Duderino posted:

Eh you're probably correct but there is one buff guy I see most nights and he's always wearing the same tank with 'bodybuilding.com' on it. Guess they could have had a sale and he just stocked up?

You get those for free when you put in a big order and use a coupon code or whatever.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

soy posted:

You get those for free when you put in a big order and use a coupon code or whatever.

Dude, this seems like a clear opener for you to talk to him.

"Hey, since I always see you wearing the same shirt - WHICH IM TOTALLY NOT KEEPING TRACK OF - I figure 'This is the kind of man who orders a lot of things from bodybuilding dot com!' Am I right or am I right? Hey, I'm (yourname), nice to meetcha." Lean against a machine and smile a lot.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
I wear whatever undershirt I wore to work to the gym, pit stains in all their glory.

Too bad about Jeblany or whatever his name is. I would not have banned him.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I'm gay

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

my dick to yours

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

disregard_last
Mar 30, 2015
I was wondering what happened to the old thread.

Thank you for bringing it back. My motivation has increased threefold.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5OgQ1svrc4&t=1h2m15s

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I normally wear a pair of compression shorts under rugby shorts and whatever sleeveless wrestling shirt is available, as for headphones I've got some cheap sports over the ear Bluetooth headphones that work great, I mainly listen to podcasts whilst I train so quality isn't to much of an issue.
I can't wear buds as one of my ears is all cauliflowered.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i just wear whatever shorts and t-shirt i have immediately available, im exercising not going on a date

for headphones i got these. they're pretty nice.

btw figured i'd make sure since like anything in a W&W OP its old and goon approved fitness advice changes with the seasons: anything wrong with this routine? Need to move on up from my starter routine since i'm too acclimated to it and not seeing any more gains, and this one seemed nice.

also this has been bugging me, which goon was it in W&W with the obscenely overly bulked shoulders/biceps and nothing else? it looked like he was smuggling football pads

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i wear the same outfit in the gym every day. I see very little point in changing up my gym clothes. I keep wearing them until they break, which has happened a few times, mostly near the armpits

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've got like 7 or 8 of the same wife beater shirts I wear to the gym, in different (manly) colors. I wear running shorts, they're comfy for squatting in. gently caress guys wearing sweatpants in the gym, how you can work out in that?!

I have an old ipod touch for music, cord goes under my shirt for the earbuds. Plain and simple, I'm there to lift a thing, not listen to high def audio.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

lodewijk posted:

gently caress guys wearing sweatpants in the gym, how you can work out in that?!

Mostly hiding their chicken legs

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
My gym pipes in music over the speakers, saving me the hassle of setting up and listening to my own.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

for daily working out i wear compression shorts under basketball shorts and a compression shirt under a t-poo poo. I'm a lard body, you see, and it keeps the jiggling down to a minimum.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gayer than cum on a moustache!

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

sorry wrong thread

CuteJen96 fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 5, 2015

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I was looking at a single serving bottle of root beer in the employee lounge and saw it had 75g of sugar. That's just shy of 19 teaspoons. In a bottle. Why is this legal?

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

I was looking at a single serving bottle of root beer in the employee lounge and saw it had 75g of sugar. That's just shy of 19 teaspoons. In a bottle. Why is this legal?

:psyboom:

'Murica! Seriously, how can people drink that poo poo?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

If i've worked out, i usually treat myself to one of the tiny cans of diet doctor pepper with dinner :ohdear:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
a small coke is like 40 grams of sugar too

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
for the record I have absolutely no idea what Root Beer is but I am going to google it right after i've poo poo this post out

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

notZaar posted:

thats literally the norm for sodas, its disgusting.

once I cut sodas (and other non-protein liquid calories) I started feeling so much better, had more overall energy, and started eating more non-sweet stuff.

I blame the fact that most big diet drinks suck rear end, vitamin water zeroes and Ice's for lyfe

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
"Root beer is a dark brown sweet beverage traditionally made using the root or bark of the Sassafras albidum or Smilax ornata (sarsaparilla) tree as the primary flavor. Root beer may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic, and may be carbonated or non-carbonated. Most root beer has a thick foamy head when poured. Modern, commercially produced root beer is generally sweet, foamy, carbonated, and non-alcoholic, and is flavoured using artificial sassafras. It may or may not contain caffeine."

I dont think I've ever tried this ever

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Yesterday I was at a nutrition lecture and they lady said to drink 200ish calories of chocolate milk for recovery. Is that bullhonkey?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

notZaar posted:

Yesterday I was at a nutrition lecture and they lady said to drink 200ish calories of chocolate milk for recovery. Is that bullhonkey?

I also keep hearing about the miracle healing powers of chocolate milk, haven't tried it yet or found out why its better than plain unflavored milk yet.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Well supposedly it's because of the higher carb content, they said to aim for 3-4 grams carb per gram protein. But this was for endurance cycling, I don't know of it applies to interval training such as weightlifting.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Zzulu posted:

"Root beer is a dark brown sweet beverage traditionally made using the root or bark of the Sassafras albidum or Smilax ornata (sarsaparilla) tree as the primary flavor. Root beer may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic, and may be carbonated or non-carbonated. Most root beer has a thick foamy head when poured. Modern, commercially produced root beer is generally sweet, foamy, carbonated, and non-alcoholic, and is flavoured using artificial sassafras. It may or may not contain caffeine."

I dont think I've ever tried this ever

please make yourself a root beer float

it's just vanilla ice cream and root beer

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_VkpoqKqis

How dare you doubt the words of 3X IRONMAN World Champion Craig "Crowie" Alexander?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Well hot drat I'm buying a quart of that 1% chokka milk tonight.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
some of the greatest athletes hold up a can of redbull when they win but i dont' think they are drinking it to increase their game

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Zzulu posted:

Sassafras

You know what's better to make with this than root beer? Ecstasy :lsd:

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Dog just bit my thumb rip hookgrip for a few months ghost of jebany strikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu