Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

And I thought there wasn't going to be any romance or seriously lovey-dovey stuff in this series.

Peridot and Almond's relationship is beautiful and must be preserved. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

dragon enthusiast posted:

Oh. Ain't never watched that

You should fix that.

Suaimhneas posted:

That doesn't sound like something that would take very long
Their countries enforce strict breeding regulations for just such a reason, you see.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I didn't realize Cucumber Quest was the prequel to Bloodborne

"Fear the nightmare blood. By the gods, fear it, Cucumber."

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

J.A.B.C. posted:

"Fear the nightmare blood. By the gods, fear it, Cucumber."
"Ah, Cos. Or as some would say, Cosmo..."

"Grant us eyes, so we may see!" *cultists remove hoods, revealing they are potatoes*

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Tupperwarez posted:

"Ah, Cos. Or as some would say, Cosmo..."

What ever happened to him, anyway?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

ConanThe3rd posted:

What ever happened to him, anyway?

I'm sure Cosmo will be along around the chapter transition to try and kill the party on their way to their next destination.

Suaimhneas posted:

That doesn't sound like something that would take very long

A certain Perry Bible Fellowship comic comes to mind. "With love, anything is possible."

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I didn't realize Cucumber Quest was the prequel to Bloodborne

If this is true, and Splatoon is the sequel to Bloodborne, does that mean that Splashmaster is the ancestor of the Octarians?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

IMJack posted:

A certain Perry Bible Fellowship comic comes to mind. "With love, anything is possible."

I don't think that'd help in this given scenario.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 30, 2015

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
A pleasant chat.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't really understand why people think the Oracle is some sort of great mastermind aside from really wanting her to be the villain because she's really haughty.

Well, since they exist I'm glad we have this to hammer it home some more that hey, the Nightmare Knight is the one really responsible for all of this.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Hmm, I'm not sure why I didn't consider this before, but Rosemaster's "every convenient little miracle" line makes me question/realize.

I wonder if Nightmare Knight has always been forcing this plot. Have any of the Legendary Heroes actually been capable of going through the whole thing, or has it always been him helping out since I'd assume after the first? Sounds like a ritual at this point. "Send hero on magical journey to defeat evil every 100 years, or else the world ends" sorta thing.

Hypocrisy posted:

Well, since they exist I'm glad we have this to hammer it home some more that hey, the Nightmare Knight is the one really responsible for all of this.

Hi, that's me. I knew he was responsible for forcing the plot with Cucumber and company. I hadn't put together he's probably been doing this every time.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 1, 2015

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
People think the Oracle is the one behind it all because she seems to be the only one involved that WANTS the situation to continue as normal. The nightmare knight just has to keep the status quo for some reason.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Hypocrisy posted:

Responsible for countless bunnymans not dying, because he refuses to let the disaster masters do whatever?

NK is trying to break the cycle by talking to the heroes, and has tried this before. In the meantime he has to dick with the masters' plans not to keep everything on script, but to stop anyone getting hurt (except for the DM's feelings :qq:) until NK is in a position to hopefully sway the heroes.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 1, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I think the question is less about who than why.

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't really understand why people think the Oracle is some sort of great mastermind aside from really wanting her to be the villain because she's really haughty.

If I was a betting man, I'd hazard a guess that she's gonna pull up the fact that Cu hasn't gotten a single master kill in spite of him being "the legendary hero" when she shows up next and only cement the heat she gets.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 1, 2015

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
I think people suspect the Oracle because if the Nightmare knight is not responsible for the cycle then shes really the only other likely candidate. Unless it's one of the disaster masters but that doesn't seem very likely either. Not many characters have been around since the start of the cycle and all that. Though there's always a chance a Necron gets pulled out of a hat (or Cucu's wand?) at the end. If I recall a lot of the kirby games had the big bad show up in the last hour out of nowhere, so it seems possible.

Though I like to think there is no real villain, and the only reason the cycle has went on is because the oracle is terrible at her job and no one ever took the time to seriously talk to the NK about for all these years.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Aug 1, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That "arrow wound" where Carrot shot her (if you can call a flower made from light a wound) looks almost like livery on a tabard. It makes you wonder if Nightmare Knight and the Disaster Masters weren't themselves adventurers, long ago.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

PDF rewards for the book three Kickstarter went out today :woop:

You did back it, right? I hope so because if not you're missing out on some sick burns:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

PDF rewards are being rolled out over time. Apparently something about dropbox overload. Others (including me) still have a short wait left.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Oneiros posted:

PDF rewards for the book three Kickstarter went out today :woop:

You did back it, right? I hope so because if not you're missing out on some sick burns:

Cucumber Dressed is also pretty great. There's a few images of Parfait with a mini NK that are just adorable. Also nightmare versions of some of the characters too. It's going to be a neat little book.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
A pity I'm too manly to have that displayed anywhere in my house.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You're not a real man if you get embarrassed by cute things. Man up and put some cute girly things in your house, you wuss.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Has anyone gotten details on where / when to get the pdfs? There's nothing on the KS Page?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Has anyone gotten details on where / when to get the pdfs? There's nothing on the KS Page?

I got a message thru Kickstarter that had dropbox links. Someone in the thread mentioned that the release is being staggered so it might just not be your turn yet.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
No one's posted this morning's updates yet? For shame.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-648/

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-649/

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Our life isn't some sort of... game, where you play... roles? That's silly.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I love this comic so much.

I love the idea that the NK is performing his role and doing what he does primarily because the alternative is some kind of horrible fate for his minions. Like, I want to believe that he knows he's always doomed to failure and he knows that it's terrible forcing defeat on them all time and time again but he does it because he knows that there's a worse fate for his minions and he wants to protect them in his own way.

This comic makes me wish that everyone (Except the cat queen, gently caress her, but not Peridot she's cool) can just be happy at the end :unsmith:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

khy posted:

(Except the cat queen, gently caress her, but not Peridot she's cool)

Ahh, not sure why you don't like Cordelia. Personally, she hasn't really interacted with the "heroes" enough yet for me to get an opinion on her.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Ahh, not sure why you don't like Cordelia. Personally, she hasn't really interacted with the "heroes" enough yet for me to get an opinion on her.

Peridot's motivation seems obvious enough, she wants to go along with the person who was her friend and treated her well. Presumably other people don't which is why she sticks with Cordelia.

Cordelia's motivation seems really selfish and self-centered, but it's possible there may be deeper motives. Though the fact that she doesn't seem to have put any real effort into researching NK and doesn't quite know what she's doing doesn't speak well for her.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

khy posted:

Peridot's motivation seems obvious enough, she wants to go along with the person who was her friend and treated her well. Presumably other people don't which is why she sticks with Cordelia.

Cordelia's motivation seems really selfish and self-centered, but it's possible there may be deeper motives. Though the fact that she doesn't seem to have put any real effort into researching NK and doesn't quite know what she's doing doesn't speak well for her.

She's no more selfish than say Almond who let them get the last stone so she could have an awesome sword fight adventure. An opinion is an opinion, but I have a hard time seeing how someone could hate Cordelia considering how kind and considerate she is towards Peridot. That's been the majority of her scenes and shown characterization.

Though other than that I agree with you. Every character is pretty much the best and I just want to see everyone become friends at the end. :allears:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

JuniperCake posted:

She's no more selfish than say Almond who let them get the last stone so she could have an awesome sword fight adventure. An opinion is an opinion, but I have a hard time seeing how someone could hate Cordelia considering how kind and considerate she is towards Peridot. That's been the majority of her scenes and shown characterization.

Though other than that I agree with you. Every character is pretty much the best and I just want to see everyone become friends at the end. :allears:

Speak for yourself, I wanna see Cabbage come out on top (of a gigantic pile of money)

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

khy posted:

Cordelia's motivation seems really selfish and self-centered

Well, she IS a cat.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

idonotlikepeas posted:

Well, she IS a cat.

I seem to have accidentally clicked on the Kevin & Kell thread.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Our life isn't some sort of... game, where you play... roles? That's silly.

Is it? This is a type of role-playing game.
The point is that you play out your part and I expect you to turn in a perfect performance!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Speak for yourself, I wanna see Cabbage come out on top (of a gigantic pile of money)
The only thing Cabbage should win is a kick in the pants.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 5, 2015

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I don't see how people can hate any of these characters.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Cut to earlier that day, Nightmare Knight holding a martini and saying "I don't care for Splashmaster."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fritz posted:

I don't see how people can hate any of these characters.

wario is not endearing to me so taking Goku's parenting skills and merging them with wario is even less appealing to me

and that's why i don't like cabbage.

I don't like Sir Tomato either.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

wario is not endearing to me so taking Goku's parenting skills and merging them with wario is even less appealing to me

So, you are some kind of monster.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He is not meant to be endearing, but hilarious.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Carrasco posted:

Cut to earlier that day, Nightmare Knight holding a martini and saying "I don't care for Splashmaster."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

idonotlikepeas posted:

Well, she IS a cat.

She looks like a fox though.

To clarify: Not in the "rawr, foxy" way, I mean her ears are more large and pointed in the way a typical fox character is drawn, not smaller and more triangle cats are usually done in.