Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

quote:

For, to them, to be a “race realist” is to be a “white supremacist.” Never mind that such “race realists” recognize that East Asians have a higher average IQ than whites (on the whole). Never mind that Ashkenazi Jews—the traditional arch enemy of real “white supremacists”—are recognized as the cream of the crop, IQ-wise.

Wouldnt the very notion of a "global jewish conspiracy" kind of imply a race that had its poo poo together? I've not heard any white supremacists attack jews on the notion of straight IQ, its usually implying they're self serving and morally degenerate and such. I'd be interested to know if it was ever the case in 1930s nazi propaganda though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

massive spider posted:

Wouldnt the very notion of a "global jewish conspiracy" kind of imply a race that had its poo poo together? I've not heard any white supremacists attack jews on the notion of straight IQ, its usually implying they're self serving and morally degenerate and such. I'd be interested to know if it was ever the case in 1930s nazi propaganda though.

The enemy is both so unnervingly clever and brilliant that we can't put any plot, no matter how complex, past them and so incredibly incompetent that we'll defeat them any day.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If I believed there was an international unstoppable conspiracy of Jews, I feel like I'd be awfully reluctant to piss them off.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Pope Guilty posted:

If I believed there was an international unstoppable conspiracy of Jews, I feel like I'd be awfully reluctant to piss them off.

On the other hand, why would they care?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

massive spider posted:

It's projection. Usually, racial conspiracy theories center around all members of *race* being solely loyal to their own race and favoring members of their own race without exception while secretly looking down on members of other races as inferiors and using secret codes and rituals to communicate and collaborate with other members of their race. Note that this sounds a lot like how white supremacists operate, except with some extra dehumanization. According to the racist conspiracies, white people, by shunning such beliefs as racism and encouraging equal treatment of minorities, are actually weakening society and providing *race* the crucial opening they need to worm their way into power and destroy white people once and for all. That's why racists, particularly in Europe, are always railing against the supposed dangers of "multiculturalism" and "diversity" and "anti-racism" - according to them, favoring one's own race over others is natural and necessary to protect that race against *race*'s evil schemes, and by treating people with other skin colors as equals, white people are actually surrendering their most vital defense, essentially opening the castle gates and allowing the vile enemy in.

According to the racists, if we were just properly racist and kept the minorities on the bottom rung of society, we'd be perfectly safe from all such dangers, but those naive liberals opening the gates of society with their silly talk about "equality" and "human rights" are actually leaving white people vulnerable and defenseless from those other races' sinister plans to better themselves at white peoples' expense and eventually put themselves at the top of society in place of white people.

When looking at the foundation of that way of thinking, you should be noticing two basic assumptions that it stems from.

First of all, it deeply relies on the assumption that every member of the minority in question is just as racist as the person holding the theory, if not moreso. That's why white supremacists often try to rebrand into "protecting and preserving the white race" - they believe that all members of *race* are *race* supremacists and would strive to benefit their own race at the expense of all other races if given the opportunity. More on this in a minute.

Second, there's an unspoken but implicit admission that white people sit on top of society as well as every hierarchy within it, and that the person holding the theory seeks to keep it that way. Equal opportunities for everyone requires that white people give up their advantage. There's also often an element of fear that white people might be pushed into an actively inferior or disadvantaged position, just like minorities were treated under racist white domination. That's why "sharia law" is such a big deal for anti-Muslim racists and why American racists made such a big deal out of having a black president. They may dislike, be disgusted by, or even outright the minority living down the road - but more than that, they actively fear the idea of members of *race* being in control of the government and instituting a racism of their very own, instituting a law of their own that benefits them rather than white people (while also being inferior and more savage and eventually destroying the country, because they're not white), or perhaps instituting even harsher treatment as revenge for the centuries of discrimination. This is one of the more fascinating aspects of historical writings around racism, in fact; it was rare that they'd openly admit it, but white people in racist societies often feared the very minorities they oppressed and were terrified of the reprisals that might take place if they loosened the yoke on minorities even a bit (or if minorities broke free of white domination on their own).

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
MEANWHILE IN SOUTH AFRICA...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The enemy is both so unnervingly clever and brilliant that we can't put any plot, no matter how complex, past them and so incredibly incompetent that we'll defeat them any day.

Are there actual examples of them being portrayed as stupid though?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

computer parts posted:

In the case of Jews? No, but I've seen them portrayed as so blinded by greed that they'll screw each other over in a heartbeat or so nasty and selfish that they sabotage each other. In "Jews secretly control the world" scenarios they seem to have a knack for ruining each others' plans. The view seems to be that they're in control of the world but fail to do anything with that.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Not to be crass, but antisemites have tradionally viewed the Jew as a near insurmountable problem that needs to be overcome. The Jew is also a pernicious problem that keeps coming back, even if you do manage to overcome it. Hence the perceived need for a "final" solution.

Eco was talking about Italian fascism not contemporary (edit: to him) German fascism. Nazis took the perceived Jewish threat very seriously and kept escalating their approach to solving it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's like how 9/11 conspiracies a la "Bush/Cheney did it" fall apart if you know anything about Dubya or his administration.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Are there still truthers? What do they get mad about now that Obama's almost done?

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Jack Gladney posted:

Are there still truthers? What do they get mad about now that Obama's almost done?

lol if you think obama will give up power peacefully

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jack Gladney posted:

Benghazi.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jack Gladney posted:

Hillary.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Guavanaut posted:

They're like antinatalists but with a limited and boring imagination.

There are a few antinatalists who did a reverse Cioran into the Dork Enlightenment.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There are a few antinatalists who did a reverse Cioran into the Dork Enlightenment.
This I have to see.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Guavanaut posted:

This I have to see.

Sister Y and Chip Smith are the most notable ones.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Shbobdb posted:

Not to be crass, but antisemites have tradionally viewed the Jew as a near insurmountable problem that needs to be overcome. The Jew is also a pernicious problem that keeps coming back, even if you do manage to overcome it. Hence the perceived need for a "final" solution.

Eco was talking about Italian fascism not contemporary (edit: to him) German fascism. Nazis took the perceived Jewish threat very seriously and kept escalating their approach to solving it.

I don't have a source handy but I believe that the German diplomats in Washington were regularly sending cables back to Hitler discussing which members of the American government were under Jewish influence. The Nazis didn't just exploit antisemitism for propaganda, it actually informed how they conducted foreign policy.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Plus they kept maintaining the concentration camps even when the war infrastructure was failing, including moving entire camp populations when possible rather than let the prisoners fall into enemy hands. Dudes were committed to genocide.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

They also seemed to believe that if they kept moving the camps when the enemy approached, they could somehow get away with it.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

computer parts posted:

Poor and rural Jews were shown to be animal like and living in abject filth.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

The NRx Overton window:

e: Also :lol: at the fact that they don't have anything left of the SPLC. :ussr::anarchists:

its nothing short of amazing to me how SBPDL manages to slip by undetected of even the most far right NRx's

That dude is probably the furthest NRx you'll find (yeah i know i broke my "promise" of mentioning him, but gently caress it :v:)

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 19, 2015

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Interesting piece from The Awl on dark shitlightenment: http://www.theawl.com/2015/09/good-luck-to-human-kind

Zarb
Jan 23, 2010

just bumpin this old thread to request that someone PLEASE photoshop me!

Zarb fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 14, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Glad you bumped this two and a half months dead thread to drop off your review of its participants.

Zarb
Jan 23, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

Glad you bumped this two and a half months dead thread to drop off your review of its participants.

photoshop me

Zarb fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 14, 2015

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Filmer is actually pretty well known among scholars and often paired with selections from John Locke in intro political science courses.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Magic what is it like in the alternate reality you live in where leftism is, of all things, fashionable.

As opposed to basically a dead ideology in the west.

Zarb
Jan 23, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Magic what is it like in the alternate reality you live in where leftism is, of all things, fashionable.

As opposed to basically a dead ideology in the west.

photoshop me NOW

Zarb fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 14, 2015

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Do we have a live one here?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

MagicMasochist posted:

I'm obviously new to all of this (is it called political philosophy? please help), and I'm only in my early 20's so I hope I can get somewhat of a pass, because damnit man, at least I'm trying. I'm a high school drop-out, not a college graduate. My IQ is probably just above room temperature. Perhaps I've merely defined leftism incorrectly, but, Moldbug seems to be a standard deviation or two, or three, above me in terms of his IQ, and I'm only aping what he has put forth much more eloquently.

What its like for me personally though is almost non-stop callousness from my political enemies (note that this is preferable to actual war), who are in a much better position than myself (typically college educated and considered 'the beautiful people' of our society), while simultaneously claiming underdog status (as you yourself just did). Do the people you converse with seriously consider Limbaugh more fashionable than Stewart? Not that I personally care about either of them, they don't even have extremely dense blogs! For shame.

Maybe Obama (an extremely fashionable president, just ask Macy Gray) isn't a leftist to you though, in which case I can only surmise that from your commune way out in the furthest left point of Lefty island, far beyond the Red Sea, well, duh. That's just a perspective issue. See I'm way out here past retard sisterfucker cove, with my 12-gauge in hand, and to me there's just... commies... everywhere man. I took out the support structure underneath my bed even, it became so tiresome to always check under there.

Or maybe your point is that Stalin isn't the logical end result of leftism; le terreur has nothing to do with leftism, every single major military event in the last 200 years wasn't won by liberals, or something else I'm forgetting. In which case I can only ask, dude, what are you smoking? And where can I get some? I'm the one in an alternate reality? The entire country wasn't created because of drat liberals, refusing to yield to their proper king? Alright, that's a fine claim, but you'll have to do some convincing.

your ideology is stupid, which means everyone is going to pounce on that. you'll protest and try to draw the discussion to the more interesting point about the perception of progress from the other side of the fence, but it won't work because you're not a Delta Team Forums Poster and will get drawn into many repeat mentions of the first point. eventually you'll catch on to what's going on and become able to articulate this more clearly, but too late, as by then the well will be poisoned as all good posters abandon ship

well i hope this was educational

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

MagicMasochist posted:

No problem mate, literally the only reason I found this account was to bump this thread because someone told me "there's an NRx thread on SA" and I thought "well that truly must be something awful". And it is.

They probably meant the PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker thread.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

MagicMasochist posted:

I'm obviously new to all of this (is it called political philosophy? please help), and I'm only in my early 20's so I hope I can get somewhat of a pass, because damnit man, at least I'm trying. I'm a high school drop-out, not a college graduate. My IQ is probably just above room temperature. Perhaps I've merely defined leftism incorrectly, but, Moldbug seems to be a standard deviation or two, or three, above me in terms of his IQ, and I'm only aping what he has put forth much more eloquently.

What its like for me personally though is almost non-stop callousness from my political enemies (note that this is preferable to actual war), who are in a much better position than myself (typically college educated and considered 'the beautiful people' of our society), while simultaneously claiming underdog status (as you yourself just did). Do the people you converse with seriously consider Limbaugh more fashionable than Stewart? Not that I personally care about either of them, they don't even have extremely dense blogs! For shame.

Maybe Obama (an extremely fashionable president, just ask Macy Gray) isn't a leftist to you though, in which case I can only surmise that from your commune way out in the furthest left point of Lefty island, far beyond the Red Sea, well, duh. That's just a perspective issue. See I'm way out here past retard sisterfucker cove, with my 12-gauge in hand, and to me there's just... commies... everywhere man. I took out the support structure underneath my bed even, it became so tiresome to always check under there.

Or maybe your point is that Stalin isn't the logical end result of leftism; le terreur has nothing to do with leftism, every single major military event in the last 200 years wasn't won by liberals, or something else I'm forgetting. In which case I can only ask, dude, what are you smoking? And where can I get some? I'm the one in an alternate reality? The entire country wasn't created because of drat liberals, refusing to yield to their proper king? Alright, that's a fine claim, but you'll have to do some convincing.

I would respond to this in detail but apparently "knocking down lightweights isn't very good sport" :butt:

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
MagicMasochistic, which side do you fall on the Race Gap?

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

MagicMasochist posted:

Obviously this is probably just a strike against my own intellectual rigor that I had to hear about Carlyle from Moldbug of all places,

In some ways, yes. In other ways, no, because there's a reason only literary scholars and people like Moldbug care about his political orientation rather than his literature. He had his fair share of detractors in his time (including people who loved his fiction and were shocked and disappointed by Occasional Discourse on the Negro Question, like the Transcendentalists), and these days he isn't even referred to in that context in schools because there are more important people who used similar arguments.

MagicMasochist posted:

college educated and considered 'the beautiful people' of our society
[...]
Do the people you converse with seriously consider Limbaugh more fashionable than Stewart?
[...]
Maybe Obama (an extremely fashionable president, just ask Macy Gray) isn't a leftist to you
[...]
commies... everywhere man
[...]
Stalin
[...]
The entire country wasn't created because of drat liberals, refusing to yield to their proper king? Alright, that's a fine claim, but you'll have to do some convincing.

You shouldn't be trying to have a conversation about this topic when you don't know the difference between a leftist, a communist, Josef Stalin for gently caress's sake, a young left-liberal college grad, a modern neoliberal establishment Democrat, and an 18th century liberal republican.

I mean, you have complained about us conflating several groups in this thread, but this is a far more egregious offence because the groups you're referring to have been repeatedly defined by historians and political scientists. Also, the distinction between them doesn't collapse outside of the internet, unlike the distinction between /pol/ posters and Mencius Moldbug. They are both going to either abstain from real world politics or swallow their pride and support the most right-wing candidates and grassroots groups available to them. By support, I mean "say they approve of them", because there is no way most of these individuals would waste time volunteering when they could be writing blogs.

They're the right-wing equivalent of the teenage girls on tumblr who complain about the erasure of asexuality in Sherlock fanfic. They can influence the discourse, but only when people who actually accomplish things start reading them.

Weldon Pemberton fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 12, 2015

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Oh gently caress, why did I have to look up Tunney :gonk:

Does she not realize that she would be killed over a loaf of bread in the feudal googletopia she dreams of happening?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Van Kraken posted:

They probably meant the PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker thread.

That's a cool thread and has thousands of words dedicated to dork enlightenment nerds though MagicMasochist may get asked to source their quotes.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Weldon Pemberton posted:

In some ways, yes. In other ways, no, because there's a reason only literary scholars and people like Moldbug care about his political orientation rather than his literature. He had his fair share of detractors in his time (including people who loved his fiction and were shocked and disappointed by Occasional Discourse on the Negro Question, like the Transcendentalists), and these days he isn't even referred to in that context in schools because there are more important people who used similar arguments.

He comes up occasionally in historiographies of the French Revolution... which I guess is more analogous to literary than political significance.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Tias posted:

Oh gently caress, why did I have to look up Tunney :gonk:

Does she not realize that she would be killed over a loaf of bread squirt of Soylent in the feudal googletopia she dreams of happening?

FYP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

katlington posted:

That's a cool thread and has thousands of words dedicated to dork enlightenment nerds though MagicMasochist may get asked to source their quotes.

We like it a lot. We try for erudite and well-cited sneer culture poop-flinging. Come on over! Only please do not feed the Cingulate.

• Locked thread