Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Now what if that old person WAS YOUR MOTHER?!

ConfuciusMencius say you should value your mother's life above all. And that wetting the bed is ok and plenty of people do it so don't judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

ConfuciusMencius say you should value your mother's life above all. And that wetting the bed is ok and plenty of people do it so don't judge.

Oh, that Carlos Mencius - so insightful!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

MrUnderbridge posted:

Oh, that Carlos Mencius - so insightful!

:drat:

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

FMguru posted:

CA is a blue state (and getting bluer). But she was terrible and ran a terrible campaign. She also did some spokesperson work for Romney in 2012 and was similarly awful at it.

My favorite Fiorina factoid is that HP's stock shot up like 11% the day she was fired, meaning that the company was worth something like $7 billion more the moment she left it. The company was exactly the same as it was the day before, it's just the name in the "CEO" slot changed. The free market determined that her worth as a person was literally negative seven billion dollars.

See, this is the kind of thing she needs to be told to her face. Constantly.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FMguru posted:

My favorite Fiorina factoid is that HP's stock shot up like 11% the day she was fired, meaning that the company was worth something like $7 billion more the moment she left it. The company was exactly the same as it was the day before, it's just the name in the "CEO" slot changed. The free market determined that her worth as a person was literally negative seven billion dollars.

(All numbers approximate, going from very bad memory, would appreciate if someone has the real numbers)

Factoid means 'something that looks like a fact, but isn't' for the record. But you're close - their stock jumped by just under $3 billion.

And the news articles make no secret of it being because she left and no other reason.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've used that one on anti-abortion people for years, "I'm holding a baby in one hand and a dish with a fertilized embryo in the other. I drop them both. Which do you dive for?"

Even if you catch the baby that's probably hosed up its spine and neck, the embryo doesn't have a neck to gently caress up so might as well catch the embryo. Checkmat, libtard.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've used that one on anti-abortion people for years, "I'm holding a baby in one hand and a dish with a fertilized embryo in the other. I drop them both. Which do you dive for?"

Well hold on, is it an Iraqi baby and was that embryo fertilized from the seed of a US solider?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Armyman25 posted:

The 4 year old, much more viable, unless the 85 year old had some kind of knowledge that was extremely vital and non-duplicate-able.

Same reason I'd save the 4 year old over the jar of embryos. We already make all kinds of value judgements of the worth of one life over another. You might as well weigh the worth of 40 Iraqis vs 1 US Soldier, or the number of Chinese working in a sweatshop to bring you your iPhone.

Personally I think they're all alive, I've just made peace with some lives being worth more than others a long time ago. so the gotcha question of embyros vs a 4 year old doesn't work.

The value of a human life is measured by its worth to society says the actual definition of facism

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

i'd go for the child because i'd feel guiltier about a kid dying than i would an old person

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Tbh if you can't bride-carry an 85 year old and tell the child to keep their hand in your pocket while fleeing a burning building, you're a bit of a bitch and should probably be the one left behind in the building.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Agreed, I love telling children they should keep their hands in my pockets.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
*two people are burning to death in a building*

*pulls out a calculator and graphing paper to decide which to save*

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*two people are burning to death in a building*

*pulls out a calculator and graphing paper to decide which to save*

If you don't have a Ti-83 graphing calculator you probably shouldn't bother trying to save anyone from a burning building.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Armyman25 posted:

You're in a burning building and you can rescue either a 4 year old or an 85 year old. Which one do you take?

The one with the smaller life insurance policy.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

"Which person do you save?" is a trick question because a bucket of 10,000 embryos still isn't a person.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Tesseraction posted:

Factoid means 'something that looks like a fact, but isn't' for the record. But you're close - their stock jumped by just under $3 billion.

And the news articles make no secret of it being because she left and no other reason.

Someone tweet this link at chowder

Gravel Gravy posted:

If you don't have a Ti-83 graphing calculator you probably shouldn't bother trying to save anyone from a burning building.

Heh try an 89 noob. :smug:

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Thump! posted:

Tbh if you can't bride-carry an 85 year old and tell the child to keep their hand in your pocket while fleeing a burning building, you're a bit of a bitch and should probably be the one left behind in the building.
You're in a burning building and you can either rescue a jello mold filled with embryos or a beta bitch. What do you put in your pockets?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
This would be a lot easier if the 85 year old was a but younger; any excuse to stick it to the Boomers, but alas.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So did anyone see there's apparently yet another edited Planned Parenthood video?

Why release it now when the vote happened already?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

fart blood posted:

So did anyone see there's apparently yet another edited Planned Parenthood video?

Why release it now when the vote happened already?

Wasn't the real vote. That'll be the CR fight. Like 6 more videos are coming apparently

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cheap points with "the base".

I'm serious. The only thing that would be more perfect is if there was an ad for LifeLock in the middle. It's pandering garbage.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

T. Bombastus posted:

You're in a burning building and you can either rescue a jello mold filled with embryos or a beta bitch. What do you put in your pockets?

You pour the embryos over yourself and throw the beta bitch out a window.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phone posted:

Cheap points with "the base".

I'm serious. The only thing that would be more perfect is if there was an ad for LifeLock in the middle. It's pandering garbage.

Sounds to me like they're missing a serious monetization opportunity.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
*walks into a room in a burning building, finds an 85 year old man and a 4 year old girl*

*accidentally steps in a mop bucket that was carelessly left by the door*

*arms flail wildly as he stumbles across the room*

*slams into a large dresser with a priceless vase placed on top of it*

*vase tips over and crashes onto his head, rendering him unconscious*

*gets carried out of the burning building by the 85 year old man and 4 year old girl*

*que Seinfeld music*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I there was a burning building I'd drag Rush Limbaugh into it.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Thump! posted:

You pour the embryos over yourself and throw the beta bitch out a window.
Trick question, neither embryos nor betas are alive in any real sense.

Quick Time Event FAILED

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
if I was a burning building I would want the Chippendales inside me, which isn't very different from how I normally feel.
:heysexy:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

T. Bombastus posted:

Trick question, neither embryos nor betas are alive in any real sense.

Quick Time Event FAILED

Are we not talking about betta fish?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'd save my betta over some embryos.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

big mean giraffe posted:

Someone tweet this link at chowder

No no, see, this just means that we should elect her. Then she can get impeached, and when she does, BOOM! America's on top again and everyone is richer than a Rockefeller.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Went digging up the past and found an old interview with Brietbart caterwauling about how no one should care if the ACORN videos were faked.

Wow he was a crazy whiny turd. Just watch the first 30 seconds of him admitting that the pimp costume wasn't actually used and accused the interviewer of being the REAL propagandist for the left. :gonk:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

ShadowCatboy posted:

Went digging up the past and found an old interview with Brietbart caterwauling about how no one should care if the ACORN videos were faked.

Wow he was a crazy whiny turd. Just watch the first 30 seconds of him admitting that the pimp costume wasn't actually used and accused the interviewer of being the REAL propagandist for the left. :gonk:

I forgot what a loving shitlord he was. Guess all that hosed up misdirected rage was just too much for his heart.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Adequate posted:

I forgot what a loving shitlord he was. Guess all that hosed up misdirected rage was just too much for his heart.

Don't forget how O'Keefe himself roofied one of his coworkers and stole her panties when she fought back. Or the time he tried to lure a female CNN reporter onto a "sex boat" filled with dildos and other naughty gear so he could secretly film the whole thing for laughs.

Man, sexual assault hasn't been this funny since 1980s Hollywood. O'Keefe's bringin' it back, yo.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He also started stalking a prosecutor that was looking into him. I assume his dad is one of the Illuminati or something since that guy seems impervious to any kind of law.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ShadowCatboy posted:

Don't forget how O'Keefe himself roofied one of his coworkers and stole her panties when she fought back. Or the time he tried to lure a female CNN reporter onto a "sex boat" filled with dildos and other naughty gear so he could secretly film the whole thing for laughs.

Man, sexual assault hasn't been this funny since 1980s Hollywood. O'Keefe's bringin' it back, yo.

The biggest question I have: is O'keefe even involved with the PP videos, or is he just an adviser?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Radish posted:

He also started stalking a prosecutor that was looking into him. I assume his dad is one of the Illuminati or something since that guy seems impervious to any kind of law.

Enforcement of the law is now seen as tyrannical (when it is your guy breaking the law).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the only redeeming thing about O'keefe is his half-life being six months or so

a few more years and he won't even materially exist

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the only redeeming thing about O'keefe is his half-life being six months or so

a few more years and he won't even materially exist

Are you saying he's a war boy? Does that make Roger Ailes Immortan Joe then?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Thump! posted:

Immortan Joe was Breitbart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Thump! posted:

That's Biden.