Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Slur posted:

Stop having bad opinions.

go back to Let's Play you obnoxious human being. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

go back to Let's Play you obnoxious human being. :D

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fungah! posted:

also i like that one of the minor named npcs in the starting town that doesn't have a quest has a unique dialogue hidden behind a plot flag that spoils a major plot point if you talk to her lol

what does she say.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

what does she say.

i don't remembner the exact thing but after you fight the metal faced mech guy named xord with a big hammer she talks about how the mechon killed her dad and talks about how he was a huge dude who used to fight with a giant hammer and mentions his name was xord. got it on my first playthrough and i was like wtf

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hey before this thread gets gassed / closed, did anyone recommend anything good?

i assume the big 3 are square-enix, atlus, and compile-heart?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
if anyone liked digmon world, digimon world re digitize is a spiritual successor and has an English patch

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i watched the speedrun of that digimon game during sgdq and i have to admit, i don't get it

i thought it was supposed to be like pokemon, but you have to recruit them for your town. and there's a time mechanic or something too? is it like dark pokecloud or something?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

i watched the speedrun of that digimon game during sgdq and i have to admit, i don't get it

i thought it was supposed to be like pokemon, but you have to recruit them for your town. and there's a time mechanic or something too? is it like dark pokecloud or something?

the original digimon world is based off the tamogachi like toys digimon originated from in the nineties.

you have one digimon, you train it, it can digivolve into multiple different digimon depending on how you train it.

it dies from old age, it revies as a baby and you train it again.

recruiting digimon to file city adds more resources for you to further take on the game world. in the speed run however they just get a strong digimon and rush to the ending. time is important because some events only happen at certain times.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

hubris.height posted:

i assume the big 3 are square-enix, atlus, and compile-heart?

what i meant was ff,dq, and smt but i really dont care if people want to talk about them

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

compile heart is the best rpg company

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dark Cloud 2 is one of the best RPGs of all time.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Stravinsky posted:

what i meant was ff,dq, and smt but i really dont care if people want to talk about them

Thank you... Jeezy H. Christ

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's really good

i like how it just doesn't run out of ideas for cool mechanics

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

is the yo-kai watch game good because it's by level 5...

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

what happened to the rumors of dark cloud 3? deconfirmed?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

buying eo2u when i get home. imo the first one's the worst mordern eo game but god drat is that series good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

hubris.height posted:

what happened to the rumors of dark cloud 3? deconfirmed?

i don't think it's ever going to happen. Rogue Galaxy is the spiritual sequel, which still goes for like 60-80$ new.. which is some bullshit.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Fungah! posted:

buying eo2u when i get home. imo the first one's the worst mordern eo game but god drat is that series good

i like EO:U a lot

i wish eo:u2 wasn't $50

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

pretty sure you can get rogue galaxy used for like $20, tho.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

i like EO:U a lot

i wish eo:u2 wasn't $50

im ean it's still eo so it's still good but the grimoire system's dumb and classic not having one of the dungeons but still including it in the leveling curve is really dumb. sounds like eou2's grimoires are better though and the only thing licked behind the story is fafnir which i don't care about

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
eo:u2 has grimoires still? huhn.

eo:u grimoires can be made better by using the grimoire bug which lets you control how many slots grimoires have

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

liquid courage posted:

pretty sure you can get rogue galaxy used for like $20, tho.

i will have to bite the bullet and buy used at some point. my local retro gamerstore has my number for when a copy shows up, if ever.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the formula of first person rpgs used for eo is something i miss

i hope they make a five instead of rehashes forever

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm fine with the rehashes as long as the changes are as major as eo -> eou

try elminage original, it's janky and weird and poorly thought out and great

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
i just bought lunar silver star story:complete for ps1 and its good and had all the cool things still in it like the cloth map and soundtrack and poo poo good buy

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm nearly done yet another run of Path of Radiance. Boyd is getting knight-like stats with the defense he has.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

stoutfish posted:

whatever happened to suikoden/grandia/shadowhearts/breath of fire? the ps2 seems to be the great graveyard of jrpgs

i can't believe they are making another star ocean, the series somehow escaped the landfill

i'm glad so i can use the sexy 1/2 nude babe but it's checkerboard pattern nudity instead of normal nudity. simply amazing japan has done it again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

SMTxFE I guess too.

i'm going to play the hell out of that garbage pile

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

how about 10 more persona spinoffs?

*persona 4 spinoffs

Dec 26, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

is the yo-kai watch game good because it's by level 5...

it has sold extremely, extremely well in japan and has gotten good reviews

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i think it actually is for little kids

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

starbarry clock posted:

i just bought lunar silver star story:complete for ps1 and its good and had all the cool things still in it like the cloth map and soundtrack and poo poo good buy

holy cow that's a sick haul.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me too. The combat looks fun

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Me too. The combat looks fun

You can dress the girls as Callie and Marie and make them shoot hearts.... Sold.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
seems like it will be fun. there will be two new persona games coming out in the next twelve months!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i will have to bite the bullet and buy used at some point. my local retro gamerstore has my number for when a copy shows up, if ever.

I have rogue Galaxy if you wanna pick it up from Kuwait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Fungah! posted:

i don't remembner the exact thing but after you fight the metal faced mech guy named xord with a big hammer she talks about how the mechon killed her dad and talks about how he was a huge dude who used to fight with a giant hammer and mentions his name was xord. got it on my first playthrough and i was like wtf

the fight with xord made that pretty obvious, at least to me. iirc it was right after that fight that I realized who metal face was. on the other hand, the main plot doesn't seem to assume that you've figured things out by then. so ya that's pretty funny

Slur posted:

I'm nearly done yet another run of Path of Radiance. Boyd is getting knight-like stats with the defense he has.

fe is NOT a jrpg!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread