Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Apple surprised Swift by almost immediately changing its plan not to compensate artists during the trial period of its new streaming service. Says Swift, “Apple treated me like I was a voice of a creative community that they actually cared about,” she says. “And I found it really ironic that the multi-billion-dollar company reacted to criticism with humility, and the start-up with no cash flow reacted to criticism like a corporate machine.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

cremnob posted:

Apple surprised Swift by almost immediately changing its plan not to compensate artists during the trial period of its new streaming service. Says Swift, “Apple treated me like I was a voice of a creative community that they actually cared about,” she says. “And I found it really ironic that the multi-billion-dollar company reacted to criticism with humility, and the start-up with no cash flow reacted to criticism like a corporate machine.”

thought this was about the programming language

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
The programming language was named after Taytay

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I'm waiting for Taylor Swift 2

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

apple music status: downloaded a playlist yesterday and started listening to it in the car

in the car today, went to continue playing it, and discovered that apple music had thoughtfully deleted all the songs in the playlist (including the one i had paused on) and left the playlist as an empty husk to taunt me

amazing, magical

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
you're holding it wromng buddy

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

these ads look cool but the problem is they are "reminder advertising" as opposed to "explain what it is advertising"

i guess that's fine cause the industry over all is pretty mature and anyone with an iPhone who's tapped the music icon should have an idea of what it is

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Linguica posted:

apple music status: downloaded a playlist yesterday and started listening to it in the car

in the car today, went to continue playing it, and discovered that apple music had thoughtfully deleted all the songs in the playlist (including the one i had paused on) and left the playlist as an empty husk to taunt me

amazing, magical

sounds like user error. apple music works great for me

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

cremnob posted:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

cremnob posted:

sounds like user error. apple music works great for me

same

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

i really do need to test out the apple radio function and see how it performs with the same bands
iTunes Radio has been really good for me, thing to note is that it defaults to a discovery setting of "hits" so if you know the artist/related well you'll prob just hear songs you know. this can be tuned to a couple different options though and the discovery one seems pretty solid.

the only thing is it doesn't seem to integrate with Apple music, like I can't heart a song on iTunes Radio I can only say play more like this on the radio.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

icloud music library does occasionally gently caress up or doesn't sync. when this happens i just load up some other awesome music and am instantly satisfied. so whatever

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

these ads look cool but the problem is they are "reminder advertising" as opposed to "explain what it is advertising"

i guess that's fine cause the industry over all is pretty mature and anyone with an iPhone who's tapped the music icon should have an idea of what it is

its apple music obviously you freaking idiot
whats to explain

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Linguica posted:

amazing, magical

apple music status 4 me: no problems at all, working perfectly thanks timb

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

hmmm looks cool, but this doesn't really say anything about the product

pram
Jun 10, 2001
leisure kevin

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Ludwig van Halen posted:

hmmm looks cool, but this doesn't really say anything about the product

these ads started in 1997 and were also a response to IBM's slogan of "Think." this was a decade after the mac was introduced.

apple music is like a month old

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

everything in linguica's post is right

apple music is buggy as gently caress and is not good

please fix it soon timb

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i made a playlist on apple music but then after adding a few things, i couldn't add anything else and there was no error or anything. maybe because i had two playlists with the same name?

also i'm not sure how to tell if i've downloaded music for local playback or not. like what can i play from my music that won't use data.

those are my only complaints

3 days till Dre's final record, god bless

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you press the cloud and it downloads the music

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

stop making playlist you loving sperger. go to the for you tab and let Tim choose your musical destiny.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

THC posted:

stop making playlist you loving sperger. go to the for you tab and let Tim choose your musical destiny.

yeah well. i do but then i find something i like so i add it to a playlist called "August" or whatever so i don't lose it and i can listen to all the stuff i liked in a particular month.

pram posted:

you press the cloud and it downloads the music

there's not a cloud in the sky!

pram
Jun 10, 2001

THC posted:

going to unreservedly agree w/ this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I did the thing where you can add an album for offline listening and it downloaded the first two songs and called it good :downs:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ZShakespeare posted:

The programming language was named after Taytay

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

apple music is complete poo poo and has managed to make iTunes and music.app even shittier than before

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

looks like a cool way to hid your shame of buying an apple watch

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

uninterrupted posted:

why would anyone be ahshamed of owning a good product

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

uninterrupted posted:

p sure paying $100,000 for some no-name watch that's probably an off the shelf ETA movement in knockoff rolex case is more shameful

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stux posted:

why would anyone be ahshamed of owning a good product

idk, and neither does anyone with an apple watch

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

zen death robot posted:

All smartwatches are bad and nerdy as gently caress.

yeah

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

apple bad

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

zen death robot posted:

same, except tablets

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

zen death robot posted:

met this girl who worked at the apple store and had an  watch

i could see her face twitch as she got notifications about random poo poo from her watch. sometimes she ignored it and sometimes she repeatedly slapped her hand over her watch, which apparently silences it

watches are dumb, smartwatches are dumber

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

watches are a cool fashion accessory

smartwatches are dumb and unintuitive

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

sometimes she repeatedly slapped her hand over her watch, which apparently silences it

so does the watch make noise? I thought it vibrates

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Blue Train posted:

no noise, it's a haptic feedback. i just don't know a better way to describe "horrifying piece of consumer electronics stops making you feel like there's someone physically touching you when email/imessage/twitter/fb/insta/snapchat happen, like some kind of sick soviet-era torture device".

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Blue Train posted:

uninterrupted posted:

no noise, it's a haptic feedback. i just don't know a better way to describe "horrifying piece of consumer electronics stops making you feel like there's someone physically touching you when email/imessage/twitter/fb/insta/snapchat happen, like some kind of sick soviet-era torture device".

the other problem is you start randomly feeling phantom vibrations

it's not a good system at all whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah, during the week i had one, it kept sending me useless fb notifications despite me having them set to off, the watchfaces are all smaller than the $60 automatic seiko i usually wear (which is small by current watch trends), and the glances are all useless since they all have to refresh through your phone, so you may as well just check your phone since it takes 5-10 seconds to get you a 3 second look worth of information. maybe the next software update will improve these since it adds native apps, but i kind of doubt it.

• Locked thread