Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i was reading a reddit thread about c9 and i just dont understand how no one can look at those games and say "yes fata played perfectly fine"

like you look at those gifs of him walking around in circles and not even attacking anyone, and you look at CTY or sumail or basically any other mid at TI and tell me fata isn't loving garbage. pretty sure dendi hiding in the loving trees did more for his team because at least he doesn't die from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Shoot FATA into the sun.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Wasn't FATA really good in 6.83 when he played Troll etc. and just manned up on everything? Maybe he's allergic to fragile heroes

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Wezlar posted:

a lot of people appreciate how hard working and genuine he is.

Most pros work as hard as they do, though?

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "genuine"; is it the harassing his teammates/other people in pubs, the ridiculous screeds about tournament conditions, or what?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

TheQat posted:

Wasn't FATA really good in 6.83 when he played Troll etc. and just manned up on everything? Maybe he's allergic to fragile heroes

He's not allergic to fragile heroes because Puck is his best hero (granted you could argue with all the juking that Puck can do she doesn't qualify as fragile...)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
But remember guys, EE and c9 are actually extremely good at Dota and us dumb goons just don't understand their master plan of failing to win a single match on the main stage.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

But remember guys, EE and c9 are actually extremely good at Dota and us dumb goons just don't understand their master plan of failing to win a single match on the main stage.

yeah them going 0-4 has nothing to do with them not deserving a direct invite

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You see all pro players are just so far ahead of you 2k scrubs you just can't see the value in EE constantly pushing alone and farming the enemy jungle with no vision and no tps off cooldown on his team. If you weren't a useless loser you'd be able to spot the strategic play involved with tactics like that.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "genuine"; is it the harassing his teammates/other people in pubs, the ridiculous screeds about tournament conditions, or what?

I just meant that does a lot of interviews, blogs, and AMAs where he talks openly about his team and the scene and poo poo, whether you agree with him or not.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Too bad FATA couldn't get leshrac. At least lesh contributes to team fights when you run around panicking during team fights.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Too bad FATA couldnt click on anything but the ground

Anyway whens the matches for today start. 11:30 ish?

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Matches start in 1 hour plus or minus 3 hours.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Larry Parrish posted:

Hype starts in 1 hour and the games start 1 hour after that

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

Too bad FATA couldnt click on anything but the ground

Broadcast goes live in 1 hour 15 so probably 2 hours from now at least

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Larry Parrish posted:

You see all pro players are just so far ahead of you 2k scrubs you just can't see the value in EE constantly pushing alone and farming the enemy jungle with no vision and no tps off cooldown on his team. If you weren't a useless loser you'd be able to spot the strategic play involved with tactics like that.

Why does he keep getting caught out without TP scrolls? Hubris or stupidity? Shouldn't he have at least one from quick-buying before dying

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe EE should stop working so hard. He tries to be so next level that it wraps around to being bad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why does he keep getting caught out without TP scrolls? Hubris or stupidity?

Why can't it be both?

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
EE is really bad at dota.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

Maybe EE should stop working so hard. He tries to be so next level that it wraps around to being bad.

I assumed it was the opposite. He tries to be so bad that it wraps around to being good.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

All explanation of why they're likable aside C9 played like horseshit this year. Who even knows what they'll do to change, all of them were awful.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They did pretty OK against VG in the first game but they couldn't stick the landing despite having a 20k gold lead at one point.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

remember when bone7 got firstblood on boots clock in the river fight and got the bounty rune then got solo killed by clock a few minutes later

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Radical posted:

remember when bone7 got firstblood on boots clock in the river fight and got the bounty rune then got solo killed by clock a few minutes later

I think they were still talking about how hard the lane would be for iceiceice while he was 9/1 on clock and bone7 was 0/0

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radical posted:

thats just ice3 being good. c9 got good results this year as a whole, just not 1st places right?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Wezlar posted:

All explanation of why they're likable aside C9 played like horseshit this year. Who even knows what they'll do to change, all of them were awful.

The highlight of c9 is when bone7 smoked and tp to enemy fountain to kill the courier.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Wait, Nightstalker has been played? Please point me in the direction of my blue homey.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Nasgate posted:

Wait, Nightstalker has been played? Please point me in the direction of my blue homey.

EHOME vs Secret game 2

Fauxtool posted:

thats just ice3 being good. c9 got good results this year as a whole, just not 1st places right?

I think c9 is a good team but their play was pretty indefensibly awful in the main event.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Larry Parrish posted:

They did pretty OK against VG in the first game but they couldn't stick the landing despite having a 20k gold lead at one point.

Same thing happened in the other series. They have trouble closing games and if they gently caress up they tilt HARD. They need to manage their stress better.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

"we feel really confident in 1st place this year, even tho bone-chan is just going to feed one lane i think this is really our year"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The pressure of competition and the psychology of staying cool under that pressure are kinda big things in sports, digital or otherwise. Jokes aside about C9 players being not good at dota 2, they obviously need to work on learning to cope with competition pressure. Get a sports psychologist involved if its affordable, or whatever.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

oh snap I didn't realize that Good Guy Zai did the right thing and passed up a free kill on the d/c'ed Night Stalker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17qDdVnau9w

:shobon:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fauxtool posted:

c9 got good results this year as a whole, just not 1st places right?

I mean, I guess? Buncha middling finishes, a second place at the Summit 2 (losing to Vici :lol:), etc.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nasgate posted:

I hope we see more of him if people keep picking AM

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Larry Parrish posted:

You guys should form a team and show these clown9 noobs how its done. not many players know that Taking Risks Is Bad Always and You Shouldn't Give Up Even If Your 14000 Hours Worth of Game Sense Tells You It's Lost

It's pretty easy to look at a game from a spectator point of view and say "stupid idiot arteezy, why does he farm the ancient stack?? doesn't he realize that DS and rubick are literally 1000 range from him in the fog camping mid for no reason? this noob." people also seem to complain about stuff like EE pushing with gyro (last ditch effort to create space and farm in an already lost game) or EE running into the enemy T2 when caught out (he was already dead, he was just forcing the enemy to follow him to T2 so they couldn't take objectives after the kill) as if there was a right thing there to do that would have won the game

even when i was at my highest mmr ever at 5400 i never felt even close to the level of skill these guys are at so acting like you know better than them seems kind of silly

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Fauxtool posted:

Up until they kicked Aui and their new standard became 5-6th places.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Radical posted:

i was reading a reddit thread about c9 and i just dont understand how no one can look at those games and say "yes fata played perfectly fine"

like you look at those gifs of him walking around in circles and not even attacking anyone, and you look at CTY or sumail or basically any other mid at TI and tell me fata isn't loving garbage. pretty sure dendi hiding in the loving trees did more for his team because at least he doesn't die from it.

ya but then you looks at things like where he bkb tps and then suddenly stops to go fight with bone7 and you've gotta wonder if anyones even close to on the same page like on a team with ppd+fear.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

reminder that the only meaningful thing envy ever won was that mlg where rtz played with them LOL

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
chill dude thats ur ex-schoolmate...

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Minorkos posted:

You guys should form a team and show these clown9 noobs how its done. not many players know that Taking Risks Is Bad Always and You Shouldn't Give Up Even If Your 14000 Hours Worth of Game Sense Tells You It's Lost

It's pretty easy to look at a game from a spectator point of view and say "stupid idiot arteezy, why does he farm the ancient stack?? doesn't he realize that DS and rubick are literally 1000 range from him in the fog camping mid for no reason? this noob." people also seem to complain about stuff like EE pushing with gyro (last ditch effort to create space and farm in an already lost game) or EE running into the enemy T2 when caught out (he was already dead, he was just forcing the enemy to follow him to T2 so they couldn't take objectives after the kill) as if there was a right thing there to do that would have won the game

even when i was at my highest mmr ever at 5400 i never felt even close to the level of skill these guys are at so acting like you know better than them seems kind of silly

Really good players gently caress up. EE fucks up and then keeps loving up because he gets mad and or desperate and then he quits and just fucks around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Up until they kicked Aui and their new standard became 5-6th places.

Speaking of 5-6th place, Aui just needs to win a single series to lock at least 5-6th place :c00l:

• Locked thread