Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Ramsus posted:

i enjoy your weird twitter style of goofin around

I love you too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gotta make a comeback somehow

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

he still killed it for nothing

no he didnt, he killed it cause he has a big dick and is an apex predator, but I guess it isnt fair to expect a beta like you to understand

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
"well sir, we believe that all the people sheltered and stupid enough to think this poo poo doesn't happen a million times over every day to like every animal in existence are also stupid enough to drop big bucks on a commemorative overpriced plushie toy lion, 9/11 crying eagle painted ceramic plate style"

"my God Johnson get on the phone with our sweatshops in China on the double! "

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Melmac posted:

Johnny Rodrigues, chairman of the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force charity, said: "Palmer shot Cecil with a bow and arrow but this shot didn't kill him. They tracked him down and found him 40 hours later when they shot him with a gun. The hunters then found that the dead lion was wearing a tracking collar, which they unsuccessfully tried to hide."

No, I get thats what they did. I was asking if charges would have been filed if they just called it in and were like, "Oops, didn't know this lion had a tag... Sorry."

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Poachers who are caught should be thrown into a cage with a big cat, (preferably a leopard) like Lysimachus.

If they win they go free and a they're give a golden trophy of their brass balls.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
the majority of poachers are poor locals looking for food and when they are caught they are executed

it's not rich dentists believe it or not

nerd

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

No, I get thats what they did. I was asking if charges would have been filed if they just called it in and were like, "Oops, didn't know this lion had a tag... Sorry."

Yea they would have been charged because they intentionally lured him out of the protected area so that it was "legal".

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

mysterious frankie posted:

are you a person who is currently overcome with emotion, humorless, or a little of both blended together into a gray paste? I don't get your posting position, so I don't know how to respond in a correct way that will stop whatever weird conversation were are doomed to have for a long time.

he's trying to engage you in discussion about his *sticks out pinky, makes curling motion* and so far you have blithely and -- i gotta be honest -- somewhat inconsiderately ignored all of his social cues to this end

so hes understandably frustrated, i mean short of wearing a sign that says ASK ME ABOUT MY MICROPENIS what more does it possibly take

thanks ~Salmiakki~

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ramsus posted:

the majority of poachers are poor locals looking for food and when they are caught they are executed

nerd

Who would eat a lion?

I have eaten lion. Well, lion mixed with hamburger.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Carnivorous animals make for poo poo meat

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
do you guys think mr. sausage man would shoot a tiger?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the tiger would eat mr. sausage man. the dentist would use mr sausage man for bait and then shoot an arrow in the tiger

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, he killed it because he wanted to and paid money to do it. May not be a reason you like, but was still a legal reason and justification until they lured it out of the reserve and messed with the GPS tracker. Does anyone know if they just left the GPS intact and called the proper authorities and said they shot it by mistake if there would have been any charges or anything?

he killed it for nothing

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
gently caress lions I hope they go extinct.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
i saw this lady on the facebooks who hunts and thought of whoflnugpoop

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/sabrina-corgatelli-giraffe-facebook-photos-1.3178579

of course there are thousands of rape and death threats against her

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
her dick is also really small

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

do you guys think mr. sausage man would shoot a tiger?

Possibly.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

he killed it for nothing

no he didnt, he killed it cause he has a big dick and is an apex predator, but I guess it isnt fair to expect a beta like you to understand

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
woah nooner deja vu

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

there was some japanese dude that went to Iraq during the 80s to fight the soviets with the muhajadeen just to see how hard he was and hung out with them teaching them karate and poo poo. he said 'how can I expect to be a warrior if I don't face death?'

when those japanese got captured by ISIS recently he said 'well they hosed up. you always carry a grenade to kill yourself with. they are a disgrace to japan.'

this dentist was just some schmuck from MN

e: koshiro tanaka

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 5, 2015

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

it's pretty cool serial killer logic to be like "well, I kill some things to live; guess I need to kill everything,"

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp
lions rank higher than a soviet infantryman

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp
in our eyes and in theirs

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
at least the soviets can shoot back

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

there was some japanese dude that went to Iraq during the 80s to fight the soviets with the muhajadeen just to see how hard he was and hung out with them teaching them karate and poo poo. he said 'how can I expect to be a warrior if I don't face death?'

when those japanese got captured by ISIS recently he said 'well they hosed up. you always carry a grenade to kill yourself with. they are a disgrace to japan.'

this dentist was just some schmuck from MN

e: koshiro tanaka

you dont know that the dentist didnt have a 'nade on him

"See you in hell lion"*pulls pin and shoves grenade down lions dumb throat*

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Ramsus posted:

nerd

This is bollocks

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

it's pretty cool serial killer logic to be like "well, I kill some things to live; guess I need to kill everything,"

http://www.news.com.au/national/food-critic-aa-gill-shoots-baboon-to-see-what-its-like/story-e6frfkp9-1225792326481

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
If some dentist killed an african child this would be out of the news cycle already, what's the big deal? Can't we just take lion dna and make more once our, uhh, gene synthesis labs are fully functional?

Literally any money or awareness of this event could have been used to prevent african children from dying of malaria, ~$3300 per life saved, but nope we gotta care about lions and spend millions of dollars to protect a few lions instead because ???

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

If some dentist killed an african child this would be out of the news cycle already, what's the big deal? Can't we just take lion dna and make more once our, uhh, gene synthesis labs are fully functional?

Literally any money or awareness of this event could have been used to prevent african children from dying of malaria, ~$3300 per life saved, but nope we gotta care about lions and spend millions of dollars to protect a few lions instead because ???

lions are pretty

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

her dick is also really small

i doubt it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

we can do both

and this is dumb to get mad about when people are spending millions on fake internet spaceships for a game that doesn't exist

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

we can do both

and this is dumb to get mad about when people are spending millions on fake internet spaceships for a game that doesn't exist

Yeah maybe after all of the low hanging fruit of children dying from preventable diseases are exhausted, we can work on other important ethical causes, like adult humans dying from those diseases, or, uhh, lions, I guess.

(Most) people contribute to charity for the same reason they do spaceships - they want to feel good and talk about the good stuff they do, not actually do the most good possible.

I'm not mad, I just wish there was some way to frame "children are literally dying for no reason and you could have saved 6 of them for the price of your mitsubishi" as a bite-sized news morsel that people would swallow whole and do something about, but nope, we get lions and cancer research instead, I guess.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 5, 2015

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

we can do both

that dentist dude has done more for lions and african people than most people on earth, i salute him and his likely averaged sized penis. I shudder at how many kids we could have save from malaria instead keeping you alive.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Can't we just take lion dna and make more once our, uhh, gene synthesis labs are fully functional?

Someone hasn't learned the hard lessons Jurassic World has to teach us about cloning fearsome predators and, uh, communism???

I'm gonna need confirmation from a CineD Goonlant on the second part.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Someone hasn't learned the hard lessons Jurassic World has to teach us about cloning fearsome predators and, uh, communism???

I'm gonna need confirmation from a CineD Goonlant on the second part.

*400 word essay on how Jurassic World was, in fact, counter-revolutionary*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah maybe after all of the low hanging fruit of children dying from preventable diseases are exhausted, we can work on other important ethical causes, like adult humans dying from those diseases, or, uhh, lions, I guess.

(Most) people contribute to charity for the same reason they do spaceships - they want to feel good and talk about the good stuff they do, not actually do the most good possible.

I'm not mad, I just wish there was some way to frame "children are literally dying for no reason and you could have saved 6 of them for the price of your mitsubishi" as a bite-sized news morsel that people would swallow whole and do something about, but nope, we get lions and cancer research instead, I guess.

yeah

what're you gonna do though? :shrug:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
you guys ever think that ... maybe the lion deserved it?

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp
i do, several times a day for the last few weeks. And every time I look at my cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

heh, I wonder how many children I could have saved for the price of my Ultimate Driving Machine? :smug:

• Locked thread