Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I just do one soda a day, one coffee a day, one beer and the rest is all water or milk. All I do diet wise aside from that is eat slow/stop eating when Im no longer hungry.

Turns out physical fitness is easy as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Or you can drink coffee and soda without sugar.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Or you can drink coffee and soda without sugar.

Coffee, yes, but non-sugar sodas are awful. I'll take the extra carbs and just burn them. But if you're looking to cut calories/sugar/carbs then yeah, diet soda is an easy fix.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
I feel like less people would drink soda if they understood that sugar is a drug. Like people who drink 3 or 4 sodas a day literally go through withdrawal when they "quit"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I got raised on diet coke so I love the weird rear end taste of aspartame :shrug:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Coke Zero da best!

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

roymorrison posted:

I feel like less people would drink soda if they understood that sugar is a drug. Like people who drink 3 or 4 sodas a day literally go through withdrawal when they "quit"

i think that might be the caffiene withdraw? in any case, it's not good.

I drink a pot of black coffee a day. you can set your watch to my morning BM.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That's the problem with drugs, at this point I have to drink coffee just to get my system up to the level of a non addict, it doesn't give any added benefits to the junkie.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
4 weeks a year, normally around the middle Jan, April, July and October, I do a full week of vegetarian diet and just one cup of coffee, no booze, no soda, etc. while doing only moderate amounts of cardio. If anything when that week is over and I go back to a regular diet it makes me feel a lot more energetic and focused for awhile.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

notZaar posted:

I got raised on diet coke so I love the weird rear end taste of aspartame :shrug:

Same, regular soda tastes disgusting to me, unless there's rum in it pretty much

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Booblord Zagats posted:

I just do one soda a day, one coffee a day, one beer and the rest is all water or milk. All I do diet wise aside from that is eat slow/stop eating when Im no longer hungry.

Turns out physical fitness is easy as gently caress

That's over a pound a month because of pop, FYI.

Drink water, milk, and coffee. Leave all that sugary and fake sugar that fucks with your brain alone.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

fake sugars the worst how do you stand that poo poo aftertaste

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
But milk has sugar in it :shrug:

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Feminition posted:

Beats real sugar and that after-fat.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Milk is
good

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tiny Lowtax posted:

That's over a pound a month because of pop, FYI.

Drink water, milk, and coffee. Leave all that sugary and fake sugar that fucks with your brain alone.

I've maintained weight for 3 years. Who cares about a pound if you can process it in a healthy and responsible manner?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Feminition posted:

Pepsi max isn't that bad, but I eventually reached a point where I started getting the weird aftertaste.

I still dont understand what voodoo magyk gets this stuff tasting so good at 0 sugar or calories:

not too good for working out tho, i usually just take these (and refill with water after finishing it):

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Today I will squat and curl my hammies, wish me luck.

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010
My colleague started going to the gym with me. After the first time he said "It's nice to work out with someone who's not that much stronger than yourself".

Screw you guy! Now he's on vacation for three weeks so time to hit the gym as hard as possible while he's away!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When I drink soda I just drink cock zero. Got like no calories in it

probably has some other real nasty stuff in it maybe but at least no calories

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
mostly i just drink water though

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

When I drink soda I just drink cock zero. Got like no calories in it

probably has some other real nasty stuff in it maybe but at least no calories
Yeah the other nasty stuff is a dudes cock.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
lol if you drink anything but whey protein mixed into bourbon whisky just lol

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Claeaus posted:

My colleague started going to the gym with me. After the first time he said "It's nice to work out with someone who's not that much stronger than yourself".

Screw you guy! Now he's on vacation for three weeks so time to hit the gym as hard as possible while he's away!

Look out, he's negging you

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Claeaus posted:

make him suck your dick by overpowering him

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Don't lift with other people. People don't take it serious and talk too loving much like god drat shut up

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
There's a guy at the gym who squats 1 rep 600lb sets and rests 10 min inside the rack #ManlettProblems

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Zahgaegun posted:

Beats real sugar and that after-fat.

Nope.

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/4104/20130923/why-eating-artificial-sweeteners-wont-help-lose-weight.htm

Just avoid it all.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Natureworldnews.com probably isn't the best source for medically relevant news. Also, the Yale study mentioned actually doesn't say what the article is trying to make it say.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765 posted:

In addition, consensus from interventional studies suggests that artificial sweeteners do not help reduce weight when used alone [2,25]. BMI did not decrease after 25 weeks of substituting diet beverages for sugar-sweetened beverages in 103 adolescents in a randomized controlled trial, except among the heaviest participants [26]. A double blind study subjected 55 overweight youth to 13 weeks of a 1,000 Kcal diet accompanied by daily capsules of aspartame or lactose placebo. Both groups lost weight, and the difference was not significant. Weight loss was attributed to caloric restriction [27]. Similar results were reported for a 12-week, 1,500 Kcal program using either regular or diet soda [28]. Interestingly, when sugar was covertly switched to aspartame in a metabolic ward, a 25 percent immediate reduction in energy intake was achieved [29]. Conversely, knowingly ingesting aspartame was associated with increased overall energy intake, suggesting overcompensation for the expected caloric reduction [30]. Vigilant monitoring, caloric restriction, and exercise were likely involved in the weight loss seen in multidisciplinary programs that included artificial sweeteners [31,32].

Just ignore all "I loving love science" goddamed websites, they exist to try and popularize pretty dry information to make it fit a certain viewpoint and feed it to you in the most irresponsible and ignorant ways. Just look for the journal it's sourcing and read it yourself instead.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Good to know, thanks.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Even if this were true, you're obviously supposed to be tracking what you eat on a diet. Drinking a diet coke isn't going to make me eat sugar later because not eating sugar is the reason I'm drinking it in the first place.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
i drink 0 cal energy drinks and soda every drat day. It tastes fine and is fine for you. Don't share overweight housewife medical news websites opinions on nutrition.

"oh lordy! I only drink full-flavor soda cause that stuff in diet is just terrible for you according to no actual doctor! And I do everything in my life according to my health!" *Is 250 lbs*

disregard_last
Mar 30, 2015
I pretty much drink water, coffee and a few beers during the weekends.

But I'm pretty sure coffee has no effect anymore and just gets me out of the FOAD attitude I have first thing in the morning.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Clothes and drink chat in this thread

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

limeincoke posted:

i drink 0 cal energy drinks and soda every drat day. It tastes fine and is fine for you.

Except that it fucks up your teeth, mouth, and stomach and may increase cancer risk.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
it never ceases to amaze me the exercises people make up on the dual cable cross machines. lol.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also people who say regular sugar soda is better for you than diet are loving stupid as poo poo hth

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

soy posted:

Except that it fucks up your teeth

This. I used to drink Coke Zero all the time, now I need to use Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste.

This post has been brought to you by GlaxoSmithKline.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also the World Armwrestling League is currently airing on ESPN2.

Haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report. Calves started spazzing out on the hammie curl machine, had to stop my gyme tyme.

• Locked thread