Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

after we depleted a couple cans we started getting headaches and had to open the windows to ventilate the house, lol

this is bs. u haveto take like 2 whole nitrous cartridges to the dome or a huge rear end baloon+hold it in like a bong load to start buzzing. wow. its like a 6 year old talking about how the smelled dads beer and got drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g99h4qaCio

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i didn't say we were buzzing, i said we were getting headaches. god,

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Stymie posted:

i remember someone discussing installing a heatsink and if you did it properly you'd hear "positive engagement clicking"

which was a euphemism for "god awful crunching sound that almost always made people think they broke the thing"

Quoting a correct stymie post

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-- pic of me watching this

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Thats gotta be the lamest intervention ever. Its like some college students got together and were like "lets punk interbvention sisses". Also, what 12 step group would you go to for this? Hi, I'm allyson and I'm a huffaholic.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Like, do you think she ever sucked dick for a huff?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Like, do you think she ever sucked dick for a huff?

yes

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6TW6v39_kQ

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
is that even how you huff? I always thought you were supposed to spray it into a bag first, and then breathe in the air in the bag.

that's how you huff paint, anyway.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Doc Block posted:

is that even how you huff? I always thought you were supposed to spray it into a bag first, and then breathe in the air in the bag.

You could huff spray paint like that I guess

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Doc Block posted:

huffing paint, a necessary but not sufficient condition for quality yosposting

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Don Lapre posted:

You could huff spray paint like that I guess

i am awaited in Valhalla

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
To make something like the construction equipment architecture line you would have to be huffing something.

Got my 2400+ all pimped out now. I'd forgotten why I started using linux. 9x was a pile of dogshit in comparison. I get an unexplainable crash or freeze every 5-6 hours. I'd forgotten the little waving flashlight animation in explorer.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I'm currently not investing stock and AMD is down to 1.67$ per stock. However, I don't feel this is AMD's fault.

I've been browsing the web and checking stock news articles. It appears to me that AMD's stock is being manipulated by these so called articles.

I feel we as a community should file an active complaint against these news sites. Get the SEC on these sites for manipulating such an easy stock as AMD.

Yes I'm aware AMD is struggling, but it's getting from a few ends it doesn't need it. NVidia or Intel can't be manipulated because they are not in a position or even affordable to manipulate at this point. What I'm seeing is that these sites are buying stock while AMD is down and telling people that it's going to jump up so many people buy stock raising it's value. Then Motley Fools' example trades sell even when it's only a quarter high. They're capable of doing this all day. Reaping money from inexperienced investors and AMD itself. It's periodic stock inflation and deflation throughout the day represents that.

http://www.sec.gov/complaint.shtml

It's highly illegal for these actions to occur. Let's stop it!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
remember that amd where you drew on it with a mechanical pencil to connect two traces and unlock the fsb multiplier? that was cool i did that.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

kwinkles posted:

remember that amd where you drew on it with a mechanical pencil to connect two traces and unlock the fsb multiplier? that was cool i did that.

Oh man, that would have made you the leetest at 2000 era lan parties "Hold on, I need to re-pencil my athlon"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Oh man, that would have made you the leetest at 2000 era lan parties "Hold on, I need to re-pencil my athlon"

if you weren't ready to frag you shouldn't have come

now who the gently caress brought this piece of poo poo hub and called it a switch

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

kwinkles posted:

doing that and finally seeing 4 digit cpu speeds was like :aaaaa:

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

kwinkles posted:

the bridges got smaller and that got harder to do, but I saw pictures of people doing it by masking them out with tape and applying that car window defroster paint

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
your reward for unlocking the fsb multiplier was the opportunity to spend hours proving that AMD's QC processes work properly

oh cool i got a 3% performance increase but my pc sounds like a leafblower and it crashes if i leave quake running for an hour

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
i had an 800mhz duron that ran @ 1ghz and later a 1ghz athlon that ran @1.3ghz.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
My PC runs on an AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz and it might as well be a Z80 in a volcano for how slow and hot it runs.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
remember those old c2ds clocked at like 1.6ghz that could hit 2.8ghz+ on air

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

no you can't, they started adding bitterent to canned air. that poo poo is heinous, it just leaves this nasty taste in your mouth.

i remember when i was in high school we had a LAN party and someone brought a six pack of canned air for the express purpose of shooting the refridgerent at each other

after we depleted a couple cans we started getting headaches and had to open the windows to ventilate the house, lol
i've never bought a can of air because yolo but a few summers ago my dad got one, used some of it and gave me the rest for some reason

idk what actual gas it used but it was covered in DANGER HIGHLY FLAMMABLE DO NOT USE ON LIVE ELECTRONICS OR INDOORS

is that a normal thing for canned air or is my dad just an idiot for buying a really dumb one

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Doc Block posted:

i've heard of idiot americans using some convoluted setup involving hammers, nails and balloons to breathe nitrous from cream chargers, apparently sometimes even going so far as rebreathing the same air several times through the balloon because they hate their brains that much

the way i learnt from my friends was to just suck it straight from the nozzle of an empty whipped cream machine thing, a lot less loving about that way

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

yeah for nitrous you get a whipped cream dispenser and just not put anything in

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
also my intel posting rig is currently running underclocked b/c apparently stock i7 heatsinks don't work in australia or something

i was going to take it in for servicing to see if i could get any of the parts replaced under warranty but didn't at first because i just really really wanted to play whatever dumb ubisoft games i got the pc upgrade for that still played fine with the underclock, and since then i just keep forgetting to do it :effort:

i'm dumb

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

kwinkles posted:

its ok, save yourself, i will die on this hill. mt bonnell microarchitecture hill.

YµAPOS

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

horse mans posted:

i don't care how many pages back this is but lol at you called a bunch of actual rocket scientists who launch actual rockets and satellites into actual space "academics"

do you know what words mean

literally the opposite of academics, people who actually get poo poo done.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

spankmeister posted:

yeah for nitrous you get a whipped cream dispenser and just not put anything in

self service whipped cream dispenser???? wtf

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

self service whipped cream dispenser???? wtf

http://www.amazon.com/Whipped-Cream-Dispenser-Liter-plastic/dp/B0008JGU9I

coincidentally if you see one of these in the kitchen of a person who doesn't cook a lot it means they do lots of drugs

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
oh i've seen those i always thought they just went around the store bought cans to hide the brand for restaurants or make it easier to adjust the output or smth. drugs are cool and fun

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
i looked at the amazon reviews searching for people posting about illicit use and what i saw was absolutely depressing

quote:

Got this for my husband with an espresso machine one year for Christmas. Love it, just like we used at Starbucks when we both worked there. 

Want it just like Starbucks? ...
:smith:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

some goon from tcc did a really funny Amazon review on one of those, let me see if I can find it

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

SO DEMANDING posted:

mounting a heatsink on socket A was the woooorrrssssssst

apply eleventy-billion pounds of force on that lovely clip with a flathead screwdriver, and dontslipdontslipdontslipdontslipdontslipdontslip CRACK oh jesus gently caress did the goddamn motherboard break who the gently caress designed this wait no no it's clipped on now everything's OK

i recall socket 939's mechanism being pretty good

oh god you just gave me flashbacks. Didn't destroy any boards, but drat if it wasn't the stupidest and most nerve-racking process for a college goon. "Welp, spent all of my summer money to build a sweet gaming rig. Time to put 300lbs of force on a 1/4 inch metal tab attached to a $200 motherboard"

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
spring tension on the clips of some aftermarket heat sinks was so high that they would occasionally snap the plastic tab off the cpu socket.

some places in the uk councils are moaning about all the spent nitrous cartridges that get dumped in the street. especially behind clubs.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Stux posted:

remember those old c2ds clocked at like 1.6ghz that could hit 2.8ghz+ on air

e4300 crew represent

1.8ghz stock, wound it up to 3.2 with a bit of extra voltage and a £12 fan the day i bought it, was still using it regularly till about 6 months ago

a worthy successor to the 300a

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Intel released skylark with 2 overclocking SKUs, they use more power and are a couple percent faster in benches and sometimes slower in games

if amd had any ability to execute this extended pause/end in performance
gains would be a big opportunity, but instead lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
thylake

• Locked thread