Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DoubleDonut posted:

Do you know if this is in English anywhere?

Edit: Oh, I guess google revealed that Dynasty Scans has it. I can't remember if that's the pedophile manga website, though

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/fuhen-no-hibi-r12509

E: ...huh, they used to have the English version there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat it, I forget to check and that Bato puts up non-English chapters too.

Yeah http://dynasty-scans.com/series/unchanging_days :ninja:

I'll change it in the original post too.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 4, 2015

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, that's super weird, they had English for a while and now it's gone and I don't know why.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lol what scrub doesn't read all their manga in Turkish?

Hana and Hina was cute but I hope things start going somewhere a bit faster than right now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Insurrectionist posted:

Hana and Hina was cute but I hope things start going somewhere a bit faster than right now.

It's now getting published in a monthly so I expect things to slow down to drag everything out as long as possible.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

It's now getting published in a monthly so I expect things to slow down to drag everything out as long as possible.

Noooooooooo

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The thing's three chapters in. I think it's a bit premature to worry about it dragging on for years.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was mostly joking.

Girlfriends is Milk's longest series and that's like thirty chapters at most so I wouldn't worry too much.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Stretch chapter 41

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
That chapter felt a little all over the place. Looks like it's inching towards romance, though.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Hey guys, what's up guys, is Chihayafuru considered a josei or a shoujo manga, because JP Wikipedia calls it shoujo, but it seems to run in a josei magazine, and then there's this funny thing, like, the first bunch of volumes, there's barely any furigana, but then suddenly every goddamn word has furigana on it, but it might coincide with the release of the anime or something, so maybe they decided it was better suited as a shoujo manga with the new audience, so they decided to make it easier to read for kids??

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

darkgray posted:

Hey guys, what's up guys, is Chihayafuru considered a josei or a shoujo manga, because JP Wikipedia calls it shoujo, but it seems to run in a josei magazine, and then there's this funny thing, like, the first bunch of volumes, there's barely any furigana, but then suddenly every goddamn word has furigana on it, but it might coincide with the release of the anime or something, so maybe they decided it was better suited as a shoujo manga with the new audience, so they decided to make it easier to read for kids??

JP Wikipedia calls it josei though?

Edit: It's listed as 女性漫畫 which is josei. 少女漫画 is shoujo.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

who cares

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

That was great, but Ran's dream really needs to happen at one point.

Anyway, one fairly new series I'm liking is Eventually I Will Become Yours by Nakatani Nio (some woman who apparently writes a lot of Touhou doujins and not much else). Basically a school love story between a senpai and a kouhai, but as a change of pace the senpai is in love with the kouhai, who is not only oblivious to love but also keeps telling herself she'll never love anyone. The senpai promises that she will make her love her. The art is the real draw to me, honestly, but I can see the story being pretty interesting.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 6, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Her dream seemed embarrassingly out of character though. :v:

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Allarion posted:

JP Wikipedia calls it josei though?

Edit: It's listed as 女性漫畫 which is josei. 少女漫画 is shoujo.

No, JP has it as 少女漫画. You're probably looking at CN wiki.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

this is the answer to any question about genre or demographics

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

noice

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Oh sweet, that series finally updated again? I swear it's been years since the last chapter.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I love this premise.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That is one hell of a translation.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

man the translation for this is just dire. atomatically? pervetic? every sentence reads like it was written by a chinese person who barely knows english

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
eeee new Koisuru Harinezumi
Hozuki is a caveman lol

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Everything Burrito posted:

eeee new Koisuru Harinezumi
Hozuki is a caveman lol

This manga makes me lol everytime, hozuki what are you even doing

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i need to find a post, don't mind your friend Cake Attack

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
:siren: REAL CLOTHES IS BAAAAAACK :siren:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Real-Clothes/Vol-010-Ch-070-Read-Online?id=237302

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Tomo-chan Wa Onna no Ko! dropped a bomb on us and then went on break until the 25th, goddamn.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nondevor posted:

They recently started putting out labels on the top right corner of the chapters - these tell which chapters of Tsurezure Children correspond with the original. It's not that helpful, but at least it's something.

But yeah, it would be way better if the two just merged. Maybe when all the volume extras get uploaded?

I have finally gotten around to catching up on Tsurezure and god drat the love master is unstoppable. The girl who trolls her crush's little sister might give him a run for his money though, both in love mastery and being consistently the best.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

chumbler posted:

I have finally gotten around to catching up on Tsurezure and god drat the love master is unstoppable. The girl who trolls her crush's little sister might give him a run for his money though, both in love mastery and being consistently the best.

On the opposite spectrum, the pairing with Gouda (the tall guy who doesn't speak much) and his girlfriend is adorable. Ms. Wabisabi is also pretty intense in her own way.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

So Real Clothes is crazy awesome. Is there anything else like this that could be recommended, something along the lines of a woman gets her poo poo together and starts being crazy awesome at her job and it's a fun read? At least I think that's what I liked about it.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
"A Delicious Relationship" by the same author, kind of similar in that the main protag is naive but works hard for her goal. Kind of different in that the romance is more central

Obviously Real Clothes is setting up for a main relationship between Kinue and Tabuchi but that ball has barely started rolling

jackofarcades fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 10, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm being totally useless at work and was looking for something to read that wouldn't make me all weepy (for some reason this is a problem today because everything I pick up to read is super sad!) and discovered that a group is translating Ichi Ni no San! by Puku Okuyama which I am very excited about! I love her art and own copies of Caramel and The Rule of Standing on Tiptoe but still need to get Warning! Whispers of Love. Her art is so cute and squishy, it makes me happy just looking at it :glomp:

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I'm being totally useless at work and was looking for something to read that wouldn't make me all weepy (for some reason this is a problem today because everything I pick up to read is super sad!) and discovered that a group is translating Ichi Ni no San! by Puku Okuyama which I am very excited about! I love her art and own copies of Caramel and The Rule of Standing on Tiptoe but still need to get Warning! Whispers of Love. Her art is so cute and squishy, it makes me happy just looking at it :glomp:

Oh man, I am really excited by this too. Puku Okuyuma is also a huge favorite of mine - her stuff is so incredibly adorable. Caramel is one of my favorite shounen ai mangas that I own... I actually haven't read The Rule of Standing on Tiptoe yet because of my general aversion to digital manga - how does it compare to Caramel in terms of cuteness/squishiness and also just in terms of being an engaging read? And also, Warning: Whispers of Love isn't really quite as good as most of her other work, at least speaking in terms of the main story - it's still very cute, but the plot is sort of weird and absurd and it doesn't really work or gel as any sort of cohesive whole. That story takes up the first 100 pages, and luckily the three shorter stories that fill out the rest of the manga were (in my estimation) all very fun and cute and highly readable in that Puku Okuyuma way, plus they of course feature her distinctive style of artwork which I quite like. One of the stories in particular is just too adorable for words. I really generally prefer shounen-ai-type stuff over yaoi oftentimes, I guess I'm just a sucker for soft and fluffy stuff that makes me feel like I just drank that first sip of hot chocolate on an empty stomach :unsmith:

Also, if you really liked Caramel, might I suggest a couple other titles? Another one (that I always keep right next to Caramel because they are quite similar in some ways) is "Cafe Latte Rhapsody" by Toko Kawai. It's actually very different from her usual work, much softer and sweeter. It's funny, the two main characters are practically both ukes, they behave so shyly and adorably. Toko Kawai actually says in her afterword that in terms of the characters this was almost like a yuri manga - never having read yuri and not being familiar with the tropes I'm not even sure what she meant.

Oh, and another really wonderful sweet and fluffy manga (that should still be in print) is "Honey Darling" by Akira Norikazu, a one-shot released by SuBLime. Though you may have encountered that one. It's a 200-page one-shot about an aimless guy in his twenties who happens to adopt a stray kitten, and when the kitten gets sick one night he goes out to try and find a veterinarian in the dark that's still open, and runs into a handsome stranger who (naturally) turns out to also be a vet. The younger fellow and his kitten wind up moving in as he works as (essentially) a housekeeper/assistant at the vet, as their relationship slowly develops. It's a bit silly like a lot of yaoi, but again, very sweet. It's also, like, practically as much of a "cat manga" as it is a "yaoi manga" given the importance of the cat and just the overall feeling and pace of it. It's honestly pretty great. Unfortunately, it also suffers from the poor censoring I believe I went on about earlier - ugly white blotches without even any toner or gradient to make the absence-of-cock look particularly unnatural.

kaworu fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 11, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tiptoe spends most of the story building their relationship as friends, so Caramel moves faster regarding the leads getting together IIRC. I liked the story quite a bit and it's the same squashy, cute art so I'd say if you like one you'd probably enjoy the other. I knew Whispers was a little weird so getting a copy hasn't been a huge priority but I figure since I've liked everything else I read of hers might as well, plus I'm ok with tossing :10bux: on it if it helps her other stuff get licensed. I'm a big fan of soft and fluffy stories too, although I like it when they at least get smutty in an extra or something because I like to have my cake and eat it too :blush:

Thanks for the recs; I've read Honey Darling, I remember that one because I liked the way the vet was drawn and the cat was really cute. I have not read Café Latte Rhapsody so I'll check that one out, especially since I just finished reading The Scent of Apple Blossoms and really liked it.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 11, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was pretty cute. :3:

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Tiptoe spends most of the story building their relationship as friends, so Caramel moves faster regarding the leads getting together IIRC. I liked the story quite a bit and it's the same squashy, cute art so I'd say if you like one you'd probably enjoy the other. I knew Whispers was a little weird so getting a copy hasn't been a huge priority but I figure since I've liked everything else I read of hers might as well, plus I'm ok with tossing :10bux: on it if it helps her other stuff get licensed. I'm a big fan of soft and fluffy stories too, although I like it when they at least get smutty in an extra or something because I like to have my cake and eat it too :blush:

Thanks for the recs; I've read Honey Darling, I remember that one because I liked the way the vet was drawn and the cat was really cute. I have not read Café Latte Rhapsody so I'll check that one out, especially since I just finished reading The Scent of Apple Blossoms and really liked it.

Cool! I am so looking forward to finally getting a tablet at this point. I do read stuff on my computer sometimes (like that Ichi Ni no San! chapter which felt like Okuyuma at her best and was definitely entirely too adorable) but I always just feel like I'm giving myself a sub-optimal reading experience when I do that, though I've gone into detail about this before.

And Toko Kawai is honestly one of my favorite overall mangakas, and quite prolific - she's even had a ton of stuff licensed over here. She can be inconsistent at times, but she's one of those mangakas who is usually fairly character-focused so even if the story/plotting is weak in a given manga of hers, the characters can often carry it.

Oh!! I also wanted to mention that I recently read this 2-volume manga "Only Serious About You" (Sorenari ni Shinken nandesu) by Asou Kai. It was another case where Volume 2 had been languishing in my collection, unread, for over a year because volume 1 cost $50 at least. Then I check on Amazon one day and there are 4 copies for sale for only $5 apiece and a few priced at $12, so I grab a pair of the $5 copies (I should have gotten more but I was a bit concerned it was maybe a legit price drop) but the very next day the sellers had re-priced their items. So I was pretty thrilled regardless.

But anyway, the great thing was actually getting around to reading it - easily one of the best yaoi/shounen-ai mangas I've ever read. It's essentially got a very basic plot about a single dad who works at a restaurant, and starts out the (oh-so-common) trope of someone getting a fever and needing to be taken care of. But it just is so well written, and the characters were so incredibly three-dimensional and easy to relate to and sweet. It was also really refreshing to read a yaoi manga about adults that felt truly real and genuine in its characters and the story it was telling. It also makes it onto the short-list of mangas that actually made me weep - not only weep, but sob. Which I'm honestly kind of embarrassed to admit, but not nearly as much in this case. I really want to find anything this author has written that's been scanlated, because as far as I can tell this is her only licensed work, which is really a shame because it's that good.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

kaworu posted:

Oh!! I also wanted to mention that I recently read this 2-volume manga "Only Serious About You" (Sorenari ni Shinken nandesu) by Asou Kai. It was another case where Volume 2 had been languishing in my collection, unread, for over a year because volume 1 cost $50 at least. Then I check on Amazon one day and there are 4 copies for sale for only $5 apiece and a few priced at $12, so I grab a pair of the $5 copies (I should have gotten more but I was a bit concerned it was maybe a legit price drop) but the very next day the sellers had re-priced their items. So I was pretty thrilled regardless.

But anyway, the great thing was actually getting around to reading it - easily one of the best yaoi/shounen-ai mangas I've ever read. It's essentially got a very basic plot about a single dad who works at a restaurant, and starts out the (oh-so-common) trope of someone getting a fever and needing to be taken care of. But it just is so well written, and the characters were so incredibly three-dimensional and easy to relate to and sweet. It was also really refreshing to read a yaoi manga about adults that felt truly real and genuine in its characters and the story it was telling. It also makes it onto the short-list of mangas that actually made me weep - not only weep, but sob. Which I'm honestly kind of embarrassed to admit, but not nearly as much in this case. I really want to find anything this author has written that's been scanlated, because as far as I can tell this is her only licensed work, which is really a shame because it's that good.

Lucky! I read that one online and completely agree, it's really good. As for reading her other scanned stuff, welp. There's some other stuff mixed in because that site's search kinda blows but there ya go lol. I've been meaning to read some of those as well. I don't link to that site generally because it's :nws: but that's where I find most of the yaoi I read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nothings
Sep 29, 2008

Leper Residue posted:

So Real Clothes is crazy awesome. Is there anything else like this that could be recommended, something along the lines of a woman gets her poo poo together and starts being crazy awesome at her job and it's a fun read? At least I think that's what I liked about it.

Haven't read Real Clothes so I dunno and the lead character starts awesome at her job, but maybe Hataraki Man by Moyoco Anno?