Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Meclin posted:

Looking to join 2PAC on the EU server, if you can make room. Name is Rarik in game.

go post in pgs!

yessss >:^)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

loving useless team refusing to give me my 1500 spotting damage for LT-13 again. This is roughly the fifth time I breach 1,000 damage done and then EXCLUSIVELY try to spot, I've even given up on taking opportunities to tilt the round in our favor so I can just get this loving primary objective. This time, I thought I finally had my spotting damage for sure and then went on to do as much as I could to carry. Someone stole my kill of the 263 I caught off guard and then bullied in the butt to deny me my top gun.
Useless team.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atal Vataman posted:

is the 30b as good as the 30 prototype? I'm worried about being disappointed. the prototype is so loving good.

Played a few games in the 30b, it is good. I found that I am terrible at carrying the retards in it, but when I can sit back and do my business it is pretty amazing.

Kept the 30 because it is a loving monster at T9.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I sold the T49 and bought a LTTB. First game in it I get one shot by a T49.

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/gamescom/special-gamescom-2015/

The Gamescom2015 EU specials are up:
15% off tier 8-10 tanks
15% off tier 8 premiums
30% off tier 6-7 premiums
x5 on the first victory

Earn 200k xp total and get a Dicker Max

Its one of the rare tier 10 price reductions, so if you have those purchases lined up, its a good time. The tier 8 premium price reduction is pretty rare as well.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fat Jesus posted:

I sold the T49 and bought a LTTB. First game in it I get one shot by a T49.
worldoftanks.txt

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

12th straight battle without a team to breach 1,500 assisted damage for poo poo I spot.
This one was special. Last remaining enemy tank was a Jagdtiger. I wasn't entirely sure that I was the one that spotted him as there was one of our T71s about, so I aim carefully for his tracks, shoot and chip away 250 damage while tracking him.
"Oh well", I think, "solid scouting, 250 damage shouldn't break my back on this attempt."

:cripes:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Played a few games in the 30b, it is good. I found that I am terrible at carrying the retards in it, but when I can sit back and do my business it is pretty amazing.

Kept the 30 because it is a loving monster at T9.

Is it accurate to see the AMX 30 as better in its tier compared to the AMX 30B.
I see a lot of good players in the AMX 30 (gently caress you Salean for killing me and making me lose with a 5.7k damage game in the T110E4), and very few in the AMX 30B?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

Is it accurate to see the AMX 30 as better in its tier compared to the AMX 30B.
I see a lot of good players in the AMX 30 (gently caress you Salean for killing me and making me lose with a 5.7k damage game in the T110E4), and very few in the AMX 30B?

It is very accurate to say that.

T10 is where things get a little broken and crazy, where as T9 and below games tend to be easier. Less HP, less armor, less loving bullshit one shot tanks. They are essentially the same tank, the 30b has better overall gun stats and a nice size tumor. Still just as nimble (barely noticeable how little less nimble it is to the 30), just as stealthy, just as nasty when it starts to fire its gun.

So really the main reason it does "worse" for T10 is that it does not have the same MM as the 30. The 30's big positive is that it can see lower tiers far more than the 30b. Because they are essentially the same tank, the 30 will usually always have better stats.

That or I am just talking out of my rear end idk anymore with this game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Do either the AMX 30 or AMX 30B have any armor to speak of? Even mantlet armor?

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

Do either the AMX 30 or AMX 30B have any armor to speak of? Even mantlet armor?

The amx 30 bounces shots that you don't expect it to, but generally it doesn't have armor.

quote:

So really the main reason it does "worse" for T10 is that it does not have the same MM as the 30. The 30's big positive is that it can see lower tiers far more than the 30b. Because they are essentially the same tank, the 30 will usually always have better stats.

Pretty much this, I can't imagine how they could make the 30B substantially better than the 30 without making it game breaking.

JohnGalt fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 5, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

JohnGalt posted:

Pretty much this, I can't imagine how they could make the 30B substantially better than the 30 without making it game breaking.

I can, but 30P owners wouldn't like it...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Okay, can any of you help me out? I've noticed something that's getting very irritating - tanks at a distance (400m+) moving in jerks and spasms. It's getting ridiculous. I was camping north cap circle on Ruinberg (don't ask) and was attempting to snipe a Chi-Ri peeking over the hill in the middle, but it was moving around in a weird manner. It looked like how players moved in Unreal Tournament when at 200+ ping, but I was at a stable 30-40 ping and the lag light wasn't turning on. Similarly, tanks moving in straight lines waaaay in the distance change speeds wildly, even when they're clearly just holding W going up a hill.

I've noticed this happening more often recently, but I'm not sure when it started. I do not recall tanks moving like this when I first started playing, or even a year and a bit ago when I got my fancy desktop and stopped playing on a Geforce 240. Is this the NA server loving up, Wargaming's netcode going to poo poo with 9.0, or what?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

12th straight battle without a team to breach 1,500 assisted damage for poo poo I spot.

Find some [2PAC] members to shoot poo poo for you. The clan hasn't imploded while I've been away... right?

edit:

Meclin posted:

Looking to join 2PAC on the EU server, if you can make room. Name is Rarik in game.

I'd send you an invite, but it looks like I'll need to purge some inactives first and I don't have time to check who hasn't logged in for like five years right now. As torb mentioned, we have a thread in PGS in which we sometimes post about tanks stuff but it contains mostly inane bullshit, try asking there!

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 5, 2015

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

This just in:

Rita Status report posted:

SerB opened a private NA server account, nobody knows his username though;

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cardiac posted:

This just in:

poo poo I've been found out.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

poo poo I've been found out.

Give my a Type 59 you fat whore monger.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hellsau posted:

Okay, can any of you help me out? I've noticed something that's getting very irritating - tanks at a distance (400m+) moving in jerks and spasms. It's getting ridiculous. I was camping north cap circle on Ruinberg (don't ask) and was attempting to snipe a Chi-Ri peeking over the hill in the middle, but it was moving around in a weird manner. It looked like how players moved in Unreal Tournament when at 200+ ping, but I was at a stable 30-40 ping and the lag light wasn't turning on. Similarly, tanks moving in straight lines waaaay in the distance change speeds wildly, even when they're clearly just holding W going up a hill.

I've noticed this happening more often recently, but I'm not sure when it started. I do not recall tanks moving like this when I first started playing, or even a year and a bit ago when I got my fancy desktop and stopped playing on a Geforce 240. Is this the NA server loving up, Wargaming's netcode going to poo poo with 9.0, or what?
I have noticed this as well but just thought it may have been my connection. I have a brand new computer and I am not even running the game on super high settings just because it sometimes lags when there are explosions and poo poo anyway, so I dont think it would be any of my graphical settings.

Agrajag posted:

No dont

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Soulfucker posted:

Find some [2PAC] members to shoot poo poo for you. The clan hasn't imploded while I've been away... right?

edit:

I'd send you an invite, but it looks like I'll need to purge some inactives first and I don't have time to check who hasn't logged in for like five years right now. As torb mentioned, we have a thread in PGS in which we sometimes post about tanks stuff but it contains mostly inane bullshit, try asking there!

He could join SPERG.........

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Agrajag posted:

If anything a block should be put on your account so you can't get a type 59, ever.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

unlawfulsoup posted:

If anything a block should be put on your account so you can't get a type 59, ever.

That seems redundant.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Haha, a loving tournament is our WG anniversary event in NA.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JohnGalt posted:

Yup. It is a fantastic tank, they can only improve it so much before it becomes too good.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

Haha, a loving tournament is our WG anniversary event in NA.

There will be more events than just the tournament. They frequently run these big name tournies alongside major events just to get more people playing.

Speaking of - any of your goons who are actually good at tanks (like Camador or Primelaw) have a team for the anniversary tournaments? I actually show up and shoot tanks and listen to the caller, which is a major improvement over people who don't show up. I want a Type 59 to inflate the value of my account rub in Metro's face.

I probably won't even play it since I've played it on sockpuppet accounts to grind credits and it has been power creeped to death.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

Smells of net code "optimization" to me.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
Il start a goon team if you guys:

1) show up

2) don't play like mouth breathing cock manglers

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JohnGalt posted:

1) show up

neither of those are going to happen

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JohnGalt posted:

1) show up

That is way too complicated.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JohnGalt posted:

1) show up

I could do Friday late, Saturday Early, and/or Sunday Early or Mid*

*I may be hungover on Sunday because my stupid birthday on Saturday

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

JohnGalt posted:

1) show up

I can maybe do 1/3 of step 1.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
Whygoonclansdontwork.jpg

Il start some teams tonight

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Soulfucker posted:

I logged on a couple of hours ago and there was two other people online, even!

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

JohnGalt posted:

Whygoonclansdontwork.jpg

Il start some teams tonight

Well, I'm not a total window licker and I know not to fire HE, Hellsau can vouch for me. My biggest weakness would probably be my lack of initiative, I follow callers orders fairly tightly. So if you can take me I would appreciate it.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Am I retarded for wanting to sell my tier 2 gift premium tanks for silver? I want a garage spot more than some light tank, but the decision is so permanent...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Baron Porkface posted:

Am I retarded for wanting to sell my tier 2 gift premium tanks for silver? I want a garage spot more than some light tank, but the decision is so permanent...

Yes you're dumb, don't do it, even the totally garbage tanks like the T1E6 aren't enough credits to bother. Just play three games to make the same credits, buy like thirty garage slots on sale for 4500 gold, and keep the lovely gift tanks around for when they give them out again.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Hellsau posted:

keep the lovely gift tanks around for when they give them out again.

What good does that do me?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

What good does that do me?

You get the gold value of the tank.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Axetrain posted:

You get the gold value of the tank.

Do givaway tanks come with a garage slot?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 6, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Baron Porkface posted:

Do givaway tanks come with a garage slot?

Yes. Keep your lovely tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
There is really no good reason to sell any premium tanks.