Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

jonathan thought you could outrun bears lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Trabandiumium posted:

jonathan thought you could outrun bears lol

That was Seth

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Seth being confused about bears was the funniest segment on the show in a long time.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Nice audience Portland

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

kilometers???

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Yeah, the back-and-forth audience bear discussion was probably the best part of the episode......I guess people in the crowd were wanting more of that kind of thing so they spent the rest of the night trying to recapture that moment by screaming out inane comments.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

my man j dog needs to shut that poo poo down early on in a live ep

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I will personally shut that poo poo down if I see it happening at the LA show this Thursday

no i won't i'm a wimpy nerd please don't hurt me

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Did your $14 Vistaprint Tina Turner University embroidered polo shirt arrive in time?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Binowru posted:

I will personally shut that poo poo down if I see it happening at the LA show this Thursday

I'll remember you....

*slowly caresses nerd-punching fist*

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Which one of you was the lady at the Portland show that was constantly cackling like the wicked witch of the west and then shouted out "we just want our shiiiiiirts!!!" at the end?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
There is good audience and bad audience participation, but a thin line between them. Loved the guy who shouted 'The stock market' when Jonathan said that there should be a way to bet on the success or failure of companies, because I was doing pretty much the exact same thing.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sometimes the person shouting acts as a confirmation of my inner monologue hits it just right. Sometimes the person shouting person activates an entirely different train of thought. Sonetimes it is magical.

That time is the first. Not the second or 18th. You can't just see Joe in the 3rd row land a hit and think you can one up him. Joe cant be beat.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

That was Seth

oh right i thought it was both of them

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

oatgan posted:

kilometers???

Not used in scotland for the record.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Binowru posted:

I'd like to see you try.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Did your $14 Vistaprint Tina Turner University embroidered polo shirt arrive in time?

Well, after someone revealed they already gave Jah a TTU shirt (or sweater?) I decided not to buy that. Current plan is to buy one of those oversized novelty birthday cards and get as many people as possible at the show to sign it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Completely forgot there was a live show in LA on Thursday. I'll have to be quick about finding a semi-reluctant friend to drag along.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yo, I have not been as excited about anything in a long time as I have been about going to the show tomorrow.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I'm also super excited to make sure nobody notices me.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

ohhh man is UYD going to be like the Chris Gethard Show where exposure draws in terrible fans and then we can't feel cool about liking it anymore?
Conversely, I'm loving what the Patreon boost has done for Seth's confidence.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
I don't think live shows will ever be as good to listen to as regular eps, but they probably don't need to be. They're good fan service, promotion, and I would hope help earn UYD extra income. I think it would be great fun to attend a live show, but to me it would be about novelty and hanging out with other fans. I'm the sort of person who thinks live bands sound awful vs studio recordings though.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I was not prepared for the deep BO thats somewhere in this audience.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
The live shows now are really good compared to the earlier ones. They're definitely more comfortable and I don't get annoyed missing a normal ep like I used to.

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 7, 2015

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Jonathon gave his birthday present from Seth to my girlfriend, it's some sort of pussy oil.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

JackDarko posted:

Jonathon gave his birthday present from Seth to my girlfriend, it's some sort of pussy oil.

You have to let us know what it's like to get your dick stoned.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So I brought a birthday card for Jonathan and was passing it around the crowd before the show but totally lost track of it. I hope it eventually made its way to him :saddowns:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I signed it like 10 minutes before the show started. It looked about 3/4 full by then. Passed it on.

Im sure it was taken to the "hugs and thank you" merch table by someone.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

I was not prepared for the deep BO thats somewhere in this audience.

I imagine uyd fans to look like jonathon if he was fatter and washed less for some reason.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Binowru posted:

So I brought a birthday card for Jonathan and was passing it around the crowd before the show but totally lost track of it. I hope it eventually made its way to him :saddowns:

Call the voicemail and ask.

I mean call the live person that is now paid to sit there and take calls thanks to Patreon.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
How do I get a job in the uyd call center

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

CaptainJuan posted:

Hairy man sacs to the front of the line.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Jippa posted:

I imagine uyd fans to look like jonathon if he was fatter and washed less for some reason.

Someone smelled like a dirty hamper around the front three rows.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

CaptainJuan posted:

Be serious. You're a bear.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Listening to episode 287 and Jonathan called the duggar sibling weirdness.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

to be fair that one is pretty obvious.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I have a lot of recorded footage of the live show to upload after the episode goes up but my laughter is so obnoxious.

:negative:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Having been to a live show I can say that a large portion of the UYD fanbase looks like Jonathan.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Lots of young men going to the barber and saying "I'd like 'The Jonathan'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Anonymous Robot posted:

Having been to a live show I can say that a large portion of the UYD fanbase looks like Jonathan.

Their Manager Dimitri looks just like him as well.