Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Lionel Richie posted:

I tell you what lads all we've heard this year is antipodeans going on about how they're going to hammer England and how funny it's going to be, when's it gonna start like?

Well, I said England would challenge us. I thought we would bowl a bit better but I can't attack the bowlers who have to defend terrible batting but I had no doubt the following would be true

Chuckles and Broad are very good in England
Our batsman are very bad in England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Even Marcus North, who most people probably remember as a poo poo batsman in a poo poo period for Australia scored two hundreds and a 96 in his only England tour.

I don't know if it's entirely technique problems either. It's also probably Lehmann and Clarke's hyper-aggressive philosophy too.

quote:

The worst thing about a heap of Australian supporters at the moment (thankfully not all of us in here) is those that think the current Australian team are unbeatable, we have a really strong pace bowling line up and then Steven Smith and half a Michael Clarke in the batting stocks. We got totally smashed not long ago vs Pakistan and I think these Ashes will be pretty close. If Starc and Johnson are anywhere near their best then I think we will win, but Johnson has had issues in England previously and Starc has only played a handful of tests. You know there is going to be some classic lolstralia batting at some point and we are rolled for 200.

Other than the Ashes and maybe India most Australians don't care about overseas tours. It feeds this dumb mentality that we're unstoppable.

Seams fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 6, 2015

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

EMC posted:

The worst thing about a heap of Australian supporters at the moment (thankfully not all of us in here) is those that think the current Australian team are unbeatable, we have a really strong pace bowling line up and then Steven Smith and half a Michael Clarke in the batting stocks. We got totally smashed not long ago vs Pakistan and I think these Ashes will be pretty close. If Starc and Johnson are anywhere near their best then I think we will win, but Johnson has had issues in England previously and Starc has only played a handful of tests. You know there is going to be some classic lolstralia batting at some point and we are rolled for 200.

I mean we are a genuine chance of playing both Mitchell and Shaun Marsh at the same time.

Man look at me two months ago, thinking an Australian collapse meant only getting 200

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The guy with the Stuart Broad avatar needs to post some more

he's on probation for being a dickhead

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
The Wattozone, lacking its natural home, has now decided to cover the entire team

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Time for the comeback lads.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Starc is still dogshit

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Oh Lythe. On dear.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Lungboy posted:

Beautiful drive from Lyth. Watch him get out to a lovely waft at nothing straight after lunch.

Yep.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

THE COLLAPSE BEGINS

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Probably a good time to drop Lyth. Give the new guy an easy, no pressure dead Test to ease into.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah poo poo, there goes my laughter

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

He still scored more than any of the Australians (tied with Mr. Extras though)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

hmmm now Bronny has had to step down

makes u think

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I am I mis-remembering? Why is Warne is calling Bell the Stiffler?

Wasn't Bell tormented as being the Shermanator? He surely looks like the Shermanator.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Collateral posted:

I am I mis-remembering? Why is Warne is calling Bell the Stiffler?

Wasn't Bell tormented as being the Shermanator? He surely looks like the Shermanator.

Warne is a dumb dumb

pogo
Nov 14, 2003

England's finest <3
Has anyone else seen the Shane Warne documentary that they show on Sky occasionally? It's amazing, in a really bad way - the man has no self-awareness at all and the whole things comes across like a cricket version of Spinal Tap crossed with a Chris Lilley show. He's got this *amazing* painting in his house that he had commissioned - it's supposed to be his ultimate party and it's just the most :wtf: thing.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Thought that looked going down live

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Starc is still dogshit

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Good fluid innings from Ronald there

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That was a good inswinger. Just typical Starc though. Here will come 10 overs of rubbish

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
loving Starc pretending to be a test bowler.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Imagine if he reached his potential. He could literally carry Australia to wins. Its a shame he won't lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

pogo posted:

Has anyone else seen the Shane Warne documentary that they show on Sky occasionally? It's amazing, in a really bad way - the man has no self-awareness at all and the whole things comes across like a cricket version of Spinal Tap crossed with a Chris Lilley show. He's got this *amazing* painting in his house that he had commissioned - it's supposed to be his ultimate party and it's just the most :wtf: thing.

Shane Warne: 15 years playing Test cricket and he learned nothing and forgot nothing.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Bell's got out for one twelve times in his career, the most for a special batsman beating Sachin's previous record of eleven

so bell is now officially better than tendulkar

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hmm, doesnt matter if he bowls 10 overs of dross now. Those two wickets will make england Wobble.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I just noticed that England's top 4 all have 4-letter surnames. Cool.

Stats stats stats

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Hmm, doesnt matter if he bowls 10 overs of dross now. Those two wickets will make england Wobble.

That is why he is worth sticking with. The only concern I have is if he leaks runs to a crazy degree. The aim of the game is taking wickets. Johnson is a better wicket taker imo but Starc will be even better again.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
An Australian... with no self awareness??

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Why is the crowd booing????

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

o.m. 94 posted:

Because Joe Root is an indigenous Australian

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

o.m. 94 posted:

For exactly the same reasons they have been "booing" all series - they aren't.

pogo
Nov 14, 2003

England's finest <3

Dead Goon posted:

Sounds like pretty clear booing to me mate

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Dead Goon posted:

Mate I know booing when I hear it. Definitely booing

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Apparently I picked the wrong day to miss the first session and a half.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dropping catches is the sign of a demoralised team.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Smith dropping catches now, he looks rattled.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Who predicted 4-1 England?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Nah, England will probably play a very odd team at the Oval and not win