Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

I can't stop laughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Zsinjeh posted:

New ep of U2U2TM dropped!
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/episode-22/
And holy poo poo...look at the guest photo lineup
Spoiler: http://cdn4.earwolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_8668-copy.jpg

:vince:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
OMFG I CAN'T loving BELIEVE IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

e: real talk I think this is more momentous than Barack Hussein Obamacare on WTF

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I can't listen til tommorrow someone please tell me Scott and Scott are their same stupid selves even with the loveable lads from Liverpool there.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I haven't got to the actual interview yet but they said listening back to it they felt stupid/embarrassed sooooooooo I'M BASICALLY SURE IT'S AMAZING

e: spoilers they start the episode and don't introduce any of them. I have no loving idea who is talking when, except when the band members introduce each other. and they're playing along omg

e2: Well, 20 minutes into the interview and I remembered that I don't really give a gently caress about U2. But I'll leep listening

e3: I Love Films

e4: I wish Harris was alive to do a commentary episode on this episode. maybe with PFT.

e5: ok I like U2 now

indigi fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 6, 2015

Beeez
May 28, 2012
This is so crazy. Hopefully they still do episodes now that they've had Thedge, Adam Clay2000 Pounds, Larry Mullen Sr.'s son, and the rest on. Though I haven't listened to it yet so maybe they still didn't get their loving T-shirts.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bonobos' drawing (this is seriously the best thing):
:nws: http://cdn2.earwolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_4800.jpg

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 6, 2015

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I can't listen now and I'm jealous. Podcast jealousy.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

holy gently caress i need to hear this now

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

In the words of Bonobos, "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!"

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
new bar to clear- get them on the CBB TV show

I've only listened up to Bono presenting them with a drawing of a dick, but that just reaffirms the theory that Bono is basically a maniac who doesn't understand humor yet believes himself to be a comedian.

anotherone fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 6, 2015

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

anotherone posted:

I've only listened up to Bono presenting them with a drawing of a dick, but that just reaffirms the theory that Bono is basically a maniac who doesn't understand humor yet believes himself to be a comedian.

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to the photo from this episode: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/songs-of-innocence/

He's still a maniac, since they somehow figured out what Scott had for lunch the day prior, but that's a pretty awesome sense of humor, shows they either listen to the show or cared enough to get a ton of research done, and I think they all had a fantastic sense of humor about everything.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I cannot believe they got U2 to do their stupid wonderful show

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to the photo from this episode: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/songs-of-innocence/

He's still a maniac, since they somehow figured out what Scott had for lunch the day prior, but that's a pretty awesome sense of humor, shows they either listen to the show or cared enough to get a ton of research done, and I think they all had a fantastic sense of humor about everything.

If nothing else, I hope they heard Harris' imitation of Thdge and Bonobos talking about - uh, I forget, but it winds up with Bonobos asking Thedge to suck his dick.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I'm really happy to learn that Scott still has the urge to react to someone saying "my wife" and struggles to keep it down.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

indigi posted:

If nothing else, I hope they heard Harris' imitation of Thdge and Bonobos talking about - uh, I forget, but it winds up with Bonobos asking Thedge to suck his dick.

This remains one of my favorite moments of this show. They're talking about the dude with two dicks who did a reddit AMA. Harris has a "recording" of Bonobos showing Thedge his double dick which ends with the line, "They're not going to suck themselves."

RIP

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

What is the theme song to "the legalese of film-making?" kinda synthy thing.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

I love that Scott and Adam do the ads together now

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I like how good of friends they seem to have become due to this podcast <3

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm really happy to learn that Scott still has the urge to react to someone saying "my wife" and struggles to keep it down.

I deep down inside want to believe that Bono was setting him up for a "My Wife"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Adam is such a loving dork on some The Chris Farley Show sketch poo poo and I love it.

Also the lads reacted like fans of the podcast during the first I Love Films. That convinced me that they really listened to past episodes.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This episode got posted on a lot of blogs and entertainment sites. I think it was EW that had a comment complaining about the hosts. Its sad when random people don't understand the brilliance.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I can't stop laughing at all the bits and in-jokes U2 were throwing at them and they were just so starstruck they were still trying to parse if Adam actually had a studio dedicated to wrapping paper.
Not sure if someone posted here or elsewhere but it did feel like U2 wanted to do a comedy podcast and the guys wanted to do a music one. Either way it came out great, and I can only imagine how funny a second one would be when they'd have their nerves slightly under more check and could do bits with loving U2.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Bono was out-HHing sean and hayes with some of his anecdotes.

So I was having dinner with Stella.... McCartney

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't believe I've listened to 22 episodes of a U2 podcast + an hour long interview with the band

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't believe I've listened to 22 episodes of a U2 podcast + an hour long interview with the band

Still makes more sense than the dozen episodes of women's rec league basketball play by play that I've listened to.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I have no doubt in my mind that U2 have probably heard every single episode. They seem narcissistic enough to do that.

I gave U2's newest album a shot because of UTU2TM, and it pleasantly surprised me. Have listened to it a few more times since.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

drainpipe posted:

I gave U2's newest album a shot because of UTU2TM, and it pleasantly surprised me. Have listened to it a few more times since.

Likewise. I might have been one of those "How dare they give me an album!" shitheads if it hadn't been for the podcast, but between said album being pretty good and the band being cool enough to give the world's dumbest podcast a pretty solid interview, I can officially say I no longer hate U2.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
When it comes back to the guys and they're dying over Adam's Bob Marley comment I couldn't stop laughing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've still not listened to the podcast because Bono is specifically an irritant. I fear if I do, I'm going to change mind about him. It happened before when I hated Moby for no good reason before realising he's actually an awesome dude.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bono seemed cool, especially the thing he did after the interview

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Great interview I love the part where Adam mumbles that's great over and over for an hour, the part where they don't make any jokes, and most of all whenever they manage to force out a question then going around and making every single band member answer which three U2 songs they like the most. I also like how Scotty 2 Hotty never stops sounding like he's going to throw up, how the one thing Bono took from a million hours of weird anticomedy was that dicks are funny, and most of all the #1 thing I liked was not U2s music, which is still bad.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Great interview I love the part where Adam mumbles that's great over and over for an hour, the part where they don't make any jokes, and most of all whenever they manage to force out a question then going around and making every single band member answer which three U2 songs they like the most. I also like how Scotty 2 Hotty never stops sounding like he's going to throw up, how the one thing Bono took from a million hours of weird anticomedy was that dicks are funny, and most of all the #1 thing I liked was not U2s music, which is still bad.

lmao at Adam trying to bring Adam in to the conversation over and over

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's amazing to see them just whittled down to kind of bumbling fools. Adam just doesn't seem to know what he's saying (It's been hours and I'm still laughing over his Bob Marley comments) and Scott is great at sounding kind of casual but utterly nervous.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
IT DOESN'T EXIST!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Also the lads reacted like fans of the podcast during the first I Love Films. That convinced me that they really listened to past episodes.

and then later on when they started talking about some movie Bono was like "isn't this your Films podcast"

gently caress I wish they'd asked Bono about mailing his hat

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I can't believe they didn't ask Bono about dressing up like a Hasid so he could bike around NYC in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Still cracking up whenever I think about "channeling the might of the band." Can't believe Scott didn't say anything at that time.