Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Rabidredneck posted:

Link to a Gamespot video talking about the Gamescon demo

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/fallout-4-bigger-battles-better-shooting-and-less-/2300-6426382/

One thing I found interesting is when they were talking about being attacked by a horde of ghouls, the player was blowing off arms and legs and it was affecting their movement. Blow off a ghouls legs, it will still be crawling after you.

I want to see an actual demo, not just read about it dammit!

About 2:52 in that video I noticed a few frames of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Crabtree posted:

If that could evolve into bandits and raiders wanting to work for the scary wasteland God it'd be even better. Random raiders spawn less and are replaced by slowly bigger and better armed personal army that take a chunk out of your town or caravan earnings, but offer better back up you call in or manage your caravans more smoothly without you having to rescue them all the time. Of course, you occasionally have to put down some dissenters or cap thieves for loving with your system, but that's the burden of being the big boss.

And another thing, how the hell does the Talon Company ever get any work? They shoot to kill any potential customers that get too close to their camp!

[edit] That reminds me, one of the best mods I used with Fallout 3 was the Role playing mod that lets you start as someone else. Instead of a vault start, you get to be a wasteland bum, or a raider, or a Talon Company dude complete with Friendly status, plus many other choices.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 6, 2015

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

And another thing, how the hell does the Talon Company ever get any work? They shoot to kill any potential customers that get too close to their camp!
If I recall right, according to FO3's Official Guide the Talon Company was hired by someone to keep the Capital Wasteland lawless and disorganized.
If it's not something the writer made up, that might have been some idea for a plot that Bethesda scrapped early on.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Raygereio posted:

If I recall right, according to FO3's Official Guide the Talon Company was hired by someone to keep the Capital Wasteland lawless and disorganized.
If it's not something the writer made up, that might have been some idea for a plot that Bethesda scrapped early on.

Not sure where/why I started thinking this, but I always thought it was Tenpenny who hired them to be approachless dicks.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/629323649116438528

I'm down with this

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Noice

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

in before "Game is ruined because you can get every perk, making every character the same"

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Bholder posted:

in before "Game is ruined because you can get every perk, making every character the same"

"Ugh, you mean you can shoot limbs for a combat altering advantage? Guess it's head shots forever then"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So it is Skyrim leveling. Oh well, I was planning on becoming a god of death anyway.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Magmarashi posted:

"Ugh, you mean you can shoot limbs for a combat altering advantage? Guess it's head shots forever then"

"Why would I level anything but guns if I can cripple everything. Fallout 4 has no challenge, preorder cancelled"

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Season 1 is the worst season of Korra, watch the rest of it and you won't be disappointed.

Season 3>Season 4>Season 1> Season 2

Season 3 gets Henry Rollins as a villain. :allears:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

Season 3>Season 4>Season 1> Season 2

Season 3 gets Henry Rollins as a villain. :allears:

At this point in time I have heard that literally every season of Korra is the worst and all the others are actually 'the best'

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

At this point in time I have heard that literally every season of Korra is the worst and all the others are actually 'the best'

I was under the impression that everyone thought season 2 was the worst. They switched production companies during that season, everyone was off model and animated poorly.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I take back all the nice things I said about the leveling system.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Magmarashi posted:

that's not actually wrong, imo

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I can't believe that the response to 'you can shoot limbs off ghouls and they'll react' isn't 'sweet I'm gonna leave a trail of limbless torsos'

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Lord Lambeth posted:

I was under the impression that everyone thought season 2 was the worst. They switched production companies during that season, everyone was off model and animated poorly.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

It seems they are really doing some great stuff with this game. Also cannot wait to shoot limbs off

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Called it.

Also, since we're on a tanget, let me settle the argument: all Korra sucks, just like all of Avatar sucks.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks, Bethesda! I always hated making new characters and playing the game in a different way. Now that I can master everything in one go, I'll never need to make a new character again.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

JackBadass posted:

Called it.

Also, since we're on a tanget, let me settle the argument: all Korra sucks, just like all of Avatar sucks.

You don't have to keep reminding us that you're wrong about everything

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Why don't they just not include any main story at all.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright, I don't care about the magic bald Eskimo cartoon, but this is funny.

The first image looks perfectly fine, why did they even switch?

SunAndSpring posted:

Thanks, Bethesda! I always hated making new characters and playing the game in a different way. Now that I can master everything in one go, I'll never need to make a new character again.

Unironically this

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phlegmish posted:

The first image looks perfectly fine, why did they even switch?

They used a way cheaper post production company for about half the episodes so really it was less the fact that it got worse, but that it'd be bad for two episodes, then fine, then bad for another one, then good for two, then bad, etc depending which production company handled that particular episode.

I think they ousted the cheap company after season 2 and went back entirely to the one from season 1 after everyone complained about it, but I never got past season 2 to verify.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

You could, and this is a crazy notion, NOT continue to level to infinity? Besides, it's likely the XP curve will be so high at that point it would be easier to start a new character.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Azhais posted:

They used a way cheaper post production company for about half the episodes so really it was less the fact that it got worse, but that it'd be bad for two episodes, then fine, then bad for another one, then good for two, then bad, etc depending which production company handled that particular episode.

I think they ousted the cheap company after season 2 and went back entirely to the one from season 1 after everyone complained about it, but I never got past season 2 to verify.

If I remember right, the original company had filled up with other contracts during the production time for that season

Do we know for sure yet if F4 is going to have Bethesda try again with paid mods? I know the modding tools aren't coming out until like, a year after release, right?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

You could, and this is a crazy notion, NOT continue to level to infinity? Besides, it's likely the XP curve will be so high at that point it would be easier to start a new character.

Self control, goons, low-hanging fruit, etc

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Magmarashi posted:

You don't have to keep reminding us that you're wrong about everything

I'll take the opinion of someone who likes Avatar and Korra with the consideration it's due, don't worry.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Yes please

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

7c Nickel posted:

I don't think I've ever hit the level cap in a Bethesda game. I always run out of things to do and just make a new character.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Azhais posted:

You missed out, Season 3 even trumps TLA. Also, it ended a little better as well, I always thought Kataraang seemed forced and they don't shoehorn any poo poo like that into season 4.

Also liking the infinite leveling, even though I'll probably just stop and make a new character after hitting level 30 or so.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

gently caress yeah! Just going to play one character forever. They're doing everything they can to make sure this game consumes my life.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

So it's just like New Vegas then

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
With the appropriate INT investment, and the cap raised to its max through all of the DLCs, in either game you can get pretty close to 100s across the board. Of course, this time you're buying perks instead of investing in skills, so the level cap is effectively however many perks there are.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
having an epic fuckawesome cinematic story with Mass Effect dialogue AND an infinite sandbox feels like they're trying to have their cake and eat it.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

With the appropriate INT investment, and the cap raised to its max through all of the DLCs, in either game you can get pretty close to 100s across the board. Of course, this time you're buying perks instead of investing in skills, so the level cap is effectively however many perks there are.

Yeah, with careful management of books I got . . . all but three skills to 100 in my New Vegas builds. So yeah, not new.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
To max out everything, I think you would need to be at least level 297 ((35 points in SPECIAL levels + bobbleheads)+(262 perks+bobbleheads))

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

bethesda should just make fallout 4 completely linear it will be much more enjoyable that way

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Magmarashi posted:

That list (3>4>1>2) is pretty much accurate. 1 actually isn't that bad they just flubbed the last five minutes. 2 is half bad but the rest of the series is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, which game are you talking about? For NV or 3 that seems insanely high. There are definitely guides out there that can help you make a specialized build that does it by whatever the level cap is. In 3 every other perk is +X to Skill, which cuts down on how many raw levels you need. There are also around 20 or so skill books for each skill and bobbleheads that bump each one by 10, meaning that you get around 30 free points per character regardless of what you do.

• Locked thread