Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Didn't dinosaurs supposedly have very small brains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Didn't dinosaurs supposedly have very small brains?

Dinosaurs aren't sentient.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The boobs are that size because centaur foals need a lot of milk

They can't reach them.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Annointed posted:

No eyes no dongle what is this ripoff?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

RatHat posted:

Dinosaurs aren't sentient.

Yeah, but supposedly, "bigger things have more nerves, and so need more brain to deal with them," which doesn't address intelligence.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yeah, but supposedly, "bigger things have more nerves, and so need more brain to deal with them," which doesn't address intelligence.

It means they should be dimmer than a regular human because more of their brain is taken up with other functions. Dinosaurs did have tiny brains, but you wouldn't expect one to carry a conversation.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Smarter things also need more brain. Humans have notably oversized brains for our size. Seriously, there's graphs, go find them.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've heard "walnut-sized" thrown around for dino brains. Her skull could have a tiny amount more room in it, and it wouldn't be particularly noticeable. The extra bits of brain to control her giant horse rear end don't need to be able to talk.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
My favorite thing about the centaur is that her skirt is really modest but she doesn't even try to hide her gigantic boobs.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
I am not sure if it has ever been proven one way or another, but at least when I was in school their was a popular theory that large Dinosaurs had a second brain entirely devoted to motor control of their lower/rear half.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hagop posted:

I am not sure if it has ever been proven one way or another, but at least when I was in school their was a popular theory that large Dinosaurs had a second brain entirely devoted to motor control of their lower/rear half.

That was debunked years ago by the way.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
These biology posts are super interesting, thanks for them Dzhay. I assume you'll be skipping Suu?

Also, the house remodelers are jerks for not building Mero a chairlift.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Sakurazuka posted:

That was debunked years ago by the way.

Bummer that was a cool theory.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Starsnostars posted:

These biology posts are super interesting, thanks for them Dzhay. I assume you'll be skipping Suu?

Also, the house remodelers are jerks for not building Mero a chairlift.

Nah, just bullshitting my hardest.

For something that's nominally a harem anime, remarkably few of the girls are actually after Darling in the usual sense: Merro wants lose dramatically (or win secretly? That wasn't entirely clear; her imagined future didn't seem that "tragic"), Papi just thinks he's hot but otherwise doesn't really care and I'm pretty sure Suu is gay, given the tenuous pretexts she uses to fondle every woman in sight.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I don't think you understand why she does that, friend.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It took me too long to realize that Kimihito has the character for person/human in his name

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Suu just fondles everyone and is lewd because she's copying stuff she's seen. Where she saw some of the more lewd acts is anyone's guess.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Poison suu, is good

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Dzhay posted:

Nah, just bullshitting my hardest.

For something that's nominally a harem anime, remarkably few of the girls are actually after Darling in the usual sense: Merro wants lose dramatically (or win secretly? That wasn't entirely clear; her imagined future didn't seem that "tragic"), Papi just thinks he's hot but otherwise doesn't really care and I'm pretty sure Suu is gay, given the tenuous pretexts she uses to fondle every woman in sight.

I think the secret to the show so far is that Miia is the only one who thinks she's in a harem anime at all. So rather than have all the girls chasing after Darling as one would expect, Miia does all the chasing and everyone else reacts to how crazy she is for doing so. I guess Centorea is doing the old "pining for Darling in secret" routine, but she's been pretty shy about doing anything about it. So all the competition is entirely in Miia's head.

It's an interesting angle. :shrug:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Command Ant posted:

Speaking of which, they also released something for all the Suu fans out there.

I tell you what, if that was actauly "A thing", this should would win AoTS, if not The Year, outright.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone would stick their dick in it.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Only you can stop Slime abuse.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hate crime.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

Someone would stick their dick in it.

What someone would do to it wouldn't undo the pure gag of a jar of Mon Monsu brand Suu blue slime.

Seriouly, get some coloured googly eyes and a delybopper and you're off to the races.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 7, 2015

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

"Everyday Life with Shedding and Egg Laying"

No Rachne yet ; ;

Oh well. I found out Papi is Sakura from Girl's Monthly. She can be best girl for now.

Edit: I went back an found the translated species diagrams for lamia and mermaids, but didn't see the others. Anyone got 'em?

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 11, 2015

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ranzear posted:

Forget where I saw it, but I saw a quote from the director or someone who said that from the very start they figured there was 0% chance of these scenes ever making it to screen, but kept quiet and to his surprise nobody ever showed up to tell them to tone it down.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
That Small Breed Arachne on the species diagram :3:

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 11, 2015

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Ranzear posted:

No Rachne yet ; ;

"Everyday Life with MON and an Arachne"

You'll get her intro next week.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Ranzear posted:

No Rachne yet ; ;

Oh well. I found out Papi is Sakura from Girl's Monthly. She can be best girl for now.

Edit: I went back an found the translated species diagrams for lamia and mermaids, but didn't see the others. Anyone got 'em?

You clearly didn't watch the last minute or so.

Does anyone know what the brown-skinned girl and the girl with the horn in MON are supposed to be?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
The one with the horn is an ogre named Tio while the dark skinned one is a shapeshifter named Doppel

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

dudermcbrohan posted:

The one with the horn is an ogre named Tio while the dark skinned one is a shapeshifter named Doppel

Shrek memes have penetrated the deepest layer of my brain and are now inoperable, so I'll continue calling Tio an "Oni"

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Next episode is going to have Arachne and Monster Ops. :dance:

Ranzear posted:

I went back an found the translated species diagrams for lamia and mermaids, but didn't see the others. Anyone got 'em?

Here are the rest so far.

Also...

Papi is a cannibal raptor!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Wings are delicious so I won't judge Papi for it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Command Ant posted:

Next episode is going to have Arachne and Monster Ops. :dance:

Here are the rest so far.

I believe there are better typeset versions of those floating around. Particularly on /a/ where some /a/non redoes them.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Hadaka Apron posted:

You clearly didn't watch the last minute or so.

Ah, my subs do have the translation, I just must have clicked past them.

We don't make a habit of watching PVs.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Aren't large spiders IRL generally docile?

Edit: Found a link. It is mentioned elsewhere that other large spider species aren't suitable though.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 12, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Does that girl spider have eyes in her hair?

Command Ant posted:

Papi is a cannibal raptor!

Only in the sense that humans would be for eating cows, really. Mammal eating mammal or bird eating bird isn't cannibalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
You don't know she isn't eating harpy meat.

• Locked thread