Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I was running Zenia, Darv, Ultor, Kikuri for the longest time but I had trouble sparking with my Ultor for some reason. I switched out Ultor and Kikuri for Colt and Ragaa and my sparking is better, seems like damage is better too. But it is probably just my noobishness at sparking.

TFW I traded my Edea for points two months ago because I never used her. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Your damage is definitely going to be better because you added a spark and crit buffer to your squad.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Though I'm not sure there's any point in killing him any more since in 4 runs I got 3 of the drops and was able to make the spheres for Zenia/Tridon/Ultor. I don't have Deimos but Forgebreaker might be worth making just in case.

The way I see it, you're gonna have the Plasma Fragment clogging your inventory anyway, and you can't get a second one ever if you get rid of it, so why not make Forgebreaker instead of just having a completely useless item in your inventory? It's basically a Sacred Jewel with an added BB charger and Crit boost, so there's definitely worse spheres to have clogging your box.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Your damage is definitely going to be better because you added a spark and crit buffer to your squad.

The big change there is really Raaga. Even if your sparks are uncommon and/or inconsistent, Raaga more or less triples spark damage between his LS and SBB (or doubles with just the SBB), meaning every time you spark the enemy just starts melting. Combined with Zenia's BB Damage boost and the fact that BBs/SBBs are generally just easier to spark with each other than normal attacks, it's no surprise that your damage was boosted, yeah.

EDIT: I misread Ultor's LS and SBB completely and utterly. :downs:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 6, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I guess I just expected Ultor to do more damage because he is a nuker? I guess in one turn Ultor can do more damage, but he wasn't sparking well with my Zenia lead and thus running out of BB gauge so he couldn't nuke every turn.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CashEnsign posted:

I guess I just expected Ultor to do more damage because he is a nuker? I guess in one turn Ultor can do more damage, but he wasn't sparking well with my Zenia lead and thus running out of BB gauge so he couldn't nuke every turn.

Ultor's role is less "nuke" and more "tank that can do damage". His niche was unique in Global until Deimos came along, and with his 7* form, assuming you have his Sphere, he's basically this weird Colt + Selena fusion. Either way, his niche (and Deimos's) is Taunt, which basically solidifies him a place as a damage sponge against anything without AoE.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
Quick question, should I just be selling mimics?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zorblack posted:

Past a few I leave sitting around for evo materials, I fuse 'em with dark units.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Zorblack posted:

If 100k sell is a lot to you go ahead and sell them. After your first couple super rare summon events you will be swimming in more zel than you can burn.

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 6, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Since Dewey Zapto has gone down, are there any recommended alternative sites to help organize my units?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Ugh

Ronel, Orwen, Bargus, Bestie and my freebie was goddamn another Oguro.

Bestie's the only keeper

Sloober fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 6, 2015

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Zorblack posted:

Keep metal mimics. Always.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Crit rate is capped at 70% and if Centurion has crit resist it doesn't seem like he has very much.

:doh: so Tridon's leader skill isn't as useful, but he still caps you out, and does all that other garbage.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Just pulled Reis. Seems like I could replace my Kira with him in the following squad for a damage increase huh?

Zenia (L), Edea, Kira, Tridon, Kikuri

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Gerdalti posted:

Just pulled Reis. Seems like I could replace my Kira with him in the following squad for a damage increase huh?

Zenia (L), Edea, Kira, Tridon, Kikuri

Definitely can replace unless you need/want Kira's Attack Down debuff (which is still helpful). Reis SBB increases crit rate and damage. Kira is just crit rate.

What's 20 gems anyways. Decided to do 4 Goli pulls.

Breaker Vernil
Anima Sixgear (holy loving poo poo holy gently caress yes)
Lord Ruby
Breaker Tora (dupe, and I just maxed my guardian. oh well.)
Guardian Raaga gift (dupe)

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 6, 2015

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Just beat the Karl EX trial with a team of
Deimos - Lead
Ruby
Tridon
Edea
Colt
Zenia - Friend

Took me 5 revives and 5 Fujins, but I finally had a round where I got through the Seria/Lugina BS. With Deimos leading, Karl could barely do anything and even his 30% ultimate attack couldn't kill everyone through Tridon shield and DEF buff with mitigation.

I am not looking forward to finally finishing off the Lira GGC. The 3rd level seems to only exist to laugh at your misfortune.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I decided to attempt to win 200 consecutive arena victories for the challenge points. So I turned off random rules and started cherry picking people I was sure I could beat.

I lost my 192cnd match when 2 turns in a row none of my 5 SBBs fired and the other guy eventually charged his and won.

Life is hard :negative:

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Agent355 posted:

I decided to attempt to win 200 consecutive arena victories for the challenge points. So I turned off random rules and started cherry picking people I was sure I could beat.

I lost my 192cnd match when 2 turns in a row none of my 5 SBBs fired and the other guy eventually charged his and won.

What team are you running? I'm coming up on a 700 streak (1216 wins, 11 losses total). Are you sure you have your dudes in the right ai slots?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Does force closing the game still save your streak?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Ratmtattat posted:

Just beat the Karl EX trial with a team of
Deimos - Lead
Ruby
Tridon
Edea
Colt
Zenia - Friend

Took me 5 revives and 5 Fujins, but I finally had a round where I got through the Seria/Lugina BS. With Deimos leading, Karl could barely do anything and even his 30% ultimate attack couldn't kill everyone through Tridon shield and DEF buff with mitigation.

I am not looking forward to finally finishing off the Lira GGC. The 3rd level seems to only exist to laugh at your misfortune.

Monte Carlo Frontier

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kegslayer posted:

Hasn't worked for over a year now. :(

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

The winner gets determined the second you use your orb now. And yeah, it's been like that for at least a year, if not longer.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
News for noobs: a single awesome goon 7* is not quite enough to clear the Mecha Gods dungeon. It was worth a shot though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yes it is, it's been covered in multiple posts in this thread.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I was sitting on 5 summon tickets, so I decided to use 4 of them to try my luck:

1) dupe Azael (bah)
2) Diana (gently caress yeah)
3) Raaga (gently caress yeah)
4) Bestie (gently caress. YEAH.)
Free) dupe Oguro (can't win them all)

I've got another ticket and enough gems to do four more pulls, but with 3 great pulls out of 5, I'm wondering if I should quit while I'm ahead.

Edit: Decided to go all in:

1)dupe Signas (somehow I keep pulling her)
2)dupe Michelle (not looking good for me)
3)dupe Exvehl (guess I should have quit while I was ahead)
4)Eva (not anything I'll use, but at least it's not a dupe)
Free) Quaid (Finally!)

Bunch of crap, but at least now I can run rainbow teams again, and make use of all of my Quaid friends.

Paper Kaiju fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 7, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
drat, makes me want to pull. I did pull that infinite SBB unit (nemethgear) last time I had 5 gems. Not really sure what to do with it. Infinite SBB is pretty much possible with 2 targets in the current meta anyway. It's really getting hard to find a spot on my team for anyone who doesn't have a damage modifier or really key role or adds elements.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yes it is, it's been covered in multiple posts in this thread.

Okay, in that case I pulled the wrong person in. It's hard so far to figure out which of the three pictures of angry goth girls will hit the hardest. Is the answer secretly the manly ocean god?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zorblack posted:

Okay, in that case I pulled the wrong person in. It's hard so far to figure out which of the three pictures of angry goth girls will hit the hardest. Is the answer secretly the manly ocean god?

The manly ocean god or manly horned dude (Tridon or Ultor, respectively) should both work, as should Selena (the water starter), as long as you don't use them in a mecha god dungeon they're weak to (that means don't use Tridon in the fire Mecha God dungeon either) and they have their special spheres (Tridon's Trident, Blades of Ultor, or Lexida, respectively).

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Zorblack posted:

bring a mitigator and the ocean guy and you should be fine. hes an underwater guy that controls the sea.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

echofriendly posted:

bring a mitigator and the ocean guy and you should be fine. hes an underwater guy that controls the sea.

He drowns out the competition.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The thing with Mech Gods to remember is this:

If you can run Mech Gods. You can run Trials. Have a buff 7* buddy solo Trial 001 and 002 and use the unit reward from 002 as your leader when running Mech gods (especially light/dark mech gods) because it'll make your super powered 7* goon buddy that much stronger and less likely to die.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
Your tax dollars paid for this:
Quiad(new)
Quiad
Rize(new)
Elaina
Vishra
Balgran (new)
Bargus
Sixgear (new)
melchio
kanon (new)
aaron (new)
Ulkina (new)
Grandt
Dilma
Kira
Kajah
Nick
Raaga (new)
Raaga

Rize and quiad upgrade my FH squad at least.

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 7, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I was inspired but got mostly poo poo pulls

Luther dupe
Elaina
Vernil (already have a maxed Zenia)
Ramna
Bestie gift (yay)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Decided to do a 4+1:

Azael - dupe
Uda - dupe
Sixgear(g) - new :toot:
Dion(b) - new

Gift:
Diana(o) - new :shrug:

Dion looks interesting (arena leader?) but not something I'd put in my main team. Sixgear looks like a good trials unit since they have an infinite SBB and apparently it also gives an Ares Excelsior-style effect.

Not sure if I'd ever use Diana. Kikuri and other units I tend to use seem like they give the same effects as her SBB and at a slightly better rate.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I pulled Yuura, Kagura, Dion, and Vernil, and I'm not sure they are useful to me at all honestly.

Reis is already maxed and sphered and has replaced my Kira.

I did not get Sixgear or Bestie, both of whom I was hoping for. Also a Ruby would be nice.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not sure if I'd ever use Diana. Kikuri and other units I tend to use seem like they give the same effects as her SBB and at a slightly better rate.

its her drop check count vs kikuri that really pushes it

base BC drop rate is 35%, if anyone wants to math themselves into a coma. if the unit is dead it doubles the drop rate (i.e. has 0 hp when you hit it)

Gerdalti posted:

I did not get Sixgear or Bestie

I was hoping to fish out a bestie for my leader slot, im sad that you didn't get one i could use either :(

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 7, 2015

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

The manly ocean god or manly horned dude (Tridon or Ultor, respectively) should both work, as should Selena (the water starter), as long as you don't use them in a mecha god dungeon they're weak to (that means don't use Tridon in the fire Mecha God dungeon either) and they have their special spheres (Tridon's Trident, Blades of Ultor, or Lexida, respectively).

Pretty sure they fixed Tridon's shield so it's not a problem like that anymore, Feeva is also on the list for solo-capable due to her HC boost and her ES.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

echofriendly posted:

Rize and quiad upgrade my FH squad at least.

I've never lost an arena match with Quaid lead.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sloober posted:

Pretty sure they fixed Tridon's shield so it's not a problem like that anymore, Feeva is also on the list for solo-capable due to her HC boost and her ES.

Just tried Feeva, and things did not go well in the light dungeon. I figured her ability to constantly burst would overcome the two-way damage boost between light and dark, but she couldn't get past the mid boss. Also, I've only been trying the Mecha Gods because the 1/2 energy event makes it the highest powered dungeon I can actually get into.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
The advice about not going into their weak mecha gods still applies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zorblack posted:

Just tried Feeva, and things did not go well in the light dungeon. I figured her ability to constantly burst would overcome the two-way damage boost between light and dark, but she couldn't get past the mid boss. Also, I've only been trying the Mecha Gods because the 1/2 energy event makes it the highest powered dungeon I can actually get into.

1. Use 7* goon buddies to clear trial 001 and 002.
2. Use the Grahdens unit from trial 002 as your leader for mech god dungeons.
3. Use 7* Feeva or Selene buddies to run any mech god other than their weakness. Tridon and a few others can work too but a fully imped Feeva or Selene (with her proper sphere) should have no issue soloing a mech god they aren't weak too, especially with your grahdens boosting their stats further. Doubly so if you're clearing the light dungeon with not-Feeva or the dark dungeon with Selene or Feeva.
4. Just run whatever mech god(s) you'd be able to make a 7* unit out of. Keep in mind as a new player you're going to eat a lot of team cost using even a single 7* unit until you go and farm up to rank 100+ at a good spot like Fourfold pillars.

Once you have the mech god(s) you need for future upgrades just run the sybil sister dungeons for those units if they're still up and you want some decent units that'll let you hold off on summoning, though this 4+1 event is probably not a bad time to do pulls as a new player.

• Locked thread