Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Boy, it'd sure be swell if they'd release some more DLC for the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
It'd probably be even better if they fixed the PC version first.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

Not until the game is back on steam, and fully fixed. It's gonna be awhile.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

dscruffy1 posted:

It'd probably be even better if they fixed the PC version first.

redbackground posted:

Not until the game is back on steam, and fully fixed. It's gonna be awhile.

Yeah, I know. I just want more poo poo to punch as a Bat dude or dudette.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The playable character mods keep coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W4lPImWGpg

Spoilers, obviously.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

The playable character mods keep coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W4lPImWGpg

Spoilers, obviously.
I'm going to pretend that Detective Chimp has borrowed Batman's cape to help deliver some monkey justice.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh holy poo poo. Is this for real? The game says I'm at 33 percent but this feels like a late-game plot twist. So I just beat the two airships and they just had Oracle blow her brains out? Seriously? That's a pitiful way to kill the character, and not even particularly useful either. Why not kill Catwoman? Or Huntress? I guess they needed to keep Cat Woman as some weird grand prize to Riddler's side quest? Oracle's whole character is about persevering in the face of a generally bad situation, and she's supposed to be fairly capable despite her disability. Having her just off herself to "punish" Bruce or whatever is really poo poo. It's just using her as a plot device, or something even worse. I was looking forward to getting her back as my assist either. What an awful twist, unless there's going to be some Lazarus Pit fuckery, but that still leaves it as a bitter pill to swallow, and not in a good way for this sort of story.

post of the thread.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Mogomra posted:

Honestly just wait for the GOTY edition, it's gonna take a year to fix it if you're ready to wait that long.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Junior Jr. posted:

Honestly just wait for the GOTY edition, it's gonna take a year to fix it if you're ready to wait that long.

I already own the game and the season pass. :downsgun:

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
Just as an FYI, a bunch of the exclusive pre-order stuff just went up on the Playstation Network: Batman Beyond, Dark Knight Returns, and First Appearance skins are up. So is the prototype Batmobile and the Red Hood pack. I had to search for it manually through the store, though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
So I'm finishing up the Knightfall Protocol stuff and tackling the last Azrael thingy, but are Blackfire and Ryder supposed to be back on the island or is this a glitch, because Blackfire was sitting in prison when I just last saw him.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sef! posted:

Just as an FYI, a bunch of the exclusive pre-order stuff just went up on the Playstation Network: Batman Beyond, Dark Knight Returns, and First Appearance skins are up. So is the prototype Batmobile and the Red Hood pack. I had to search for it manually through the store, though.

Up on the EU store as well now.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

redbackground posted:

So I'm finishing up the Knightfall Protocol stuff and tackling the last Azrael thingy, but are Blackfire and Ryder supposed to be back on the island or is this a glitch, because Blackfire was sitting in prison when I just last saw him.

That's a glitch, there's no way to interact with them and if you go back to GCPD Blackfire will still be in the cell. Ryder won't be at GCPD though, which sucks because I wanted to hear his reactions to the ending.

I dunno if this is a glitch in all versions or just another problem with the PC port.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TechnoSyndrome posted:

That's a glitch, there's no way to interact with them and if you go back to GCPD Blackfire will still be in the cell. Ryder won't be at GCPD though, which sucks because I wanted to hear his reactions to the ending.

I dunno if this is a glitch in all versions or just another problem with the PC port.

His reaction to the ending is great. "Hey, uh, sorry about all the things I said to Bruce Wayne about Batman... and, uh, all the things I said to Batman about Bruce Wayne."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

His reaction to the ending is great. "Hey, uh, sorry about all the things I said to Bruce Wayne about Batman... and, uh, all the things I said to Batman about Bruce Wayne."

What a dick.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
I didn't see this posted here. If you post in this thread with your wb play account you can unlock the Zur-En-Arrh skin on consoles: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Batman-Arkham-Knight-General/POST-HERE-TO-GET-THE-SKIN-Zurr-En-Arrh-Thread/td-p/644795

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Medium Cool posted:

I didn't see this posted here. If you post in this thread with your wb play account you can unlock the Zur-En-Arrh skin on consoles: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Batman-Arkham-Knight-General/POST-HERE-TO-GET-THE-SKIN-Zurr-En-Arrh-Thread/td-p/644795
Don't post, it's not necessary. Just log into the WB forums and you're set.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Medium Cool posted:

Actually, you don't need to post at all, just log in.

edit: Here's the new official announcement/details thread.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 6, 2015

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It just says ACCESS DENIED

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I stupidly bought Red Hood for less than the price of a beer, and I still feel cheated. Also, when it downloaded (which took?long than playtime) it already said I had done 24% before I had touched it. Is this a glitch, or should I do over? Not too keen to.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Trickjaw posted:

I stupidly bought Red Hood for less than the price of a beer, and I still feel cheated. Also, when it downloaded (which took?long than playtime) it already said I had done 24% before I had touched it. Is this a glitch, or should I do over? Not too keen to.

I played that today and it said a roughly similar percentage before I even touched it.

Riddler question: For some reason I'm trying to 100% this poo poo and I have some trophies on Stagg's airship. There's a central room where the stability controls are busted and I need that to move some of those dumb magnetic boxes around. I guess I'm boned and have to grab those in NG+?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

bunky posted:

I played that today and it said a roughly similar percentage before I even touched it.

Riddler question: For some reason I'm trying to 100% this poo poo and I have some trophies on Stagg's airship. There's a central room where the stability controls are busted and I need that to move some of those dumb magnetic boxes around. I guess I'm boned and have to grab those in NG+?

There may be a bug there, not sure, but there are no permanently missable riddles.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

bunky posted:

You can get them in the normal story too, unless you did the ending first, but you can come back to it later. Also which airship are you talking about?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Red Hood has the opposite problem to Batman - rather than demanding to know how someone could survive his attacks, I wonder why they don't. Sure, a gunshot to the face or chest I can buy, a sweep kick? C'mon man, that's not killing even the wimpiest of goons. :colbert:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

bunky posted:

There's another stability control console behind a door you need the voice synthesizer to open. I wandered around that room for like 15 minutes because of how much it blends in, until I accidentally walked close enough to it to make the prompt pop up.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha I couldn't believe they make you repeat the cloudburst boss fight for Deathstroke. Definitely the low point of the game. At least he didn't get the awful pursuit phases. I was really confused because I was half-expecting a robot after I heard some militia talking about a giant robot while I was doing the last few towers. I guess that was supposed to be Riddler's?

It was really weird and disappointing that in the entire game the closest thing to a proper hand to hand boss was Pyg.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Well clearly the reason people liked the Arkham games wasn't the fantastic hand to hand combat that was stolen by every other game released after Arkham Asylum.

As much as I didn't really care for Origins, I wouldn't have minded RockSteady outsourcing some boss fights to WB Montreal. I didn't find any of the bosses in Origins great but it would still be way better than just Tank and Tank 2.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Well clearly the reason people liked the Arkham games wasn't the fantastic hand to hand combat that was stolen by every other game released after Arkham Asylum.

As much as I didn't really care for Origins, I wouldn't have minded RockSteady outsourcing some boss fights to WB Montreal. I didn't find any of the bosses in Origins great but it would still be way better than just Tank and Tank 2.

You're forgetting Asylum's bosses.

Here's a Titan. Here's another Titan. Hey have 2 titans at once! Hope you like the Bane skinned Titan? No, have 3 titans! You liked the Poison Ivy fight? Good because here's your Joker fight...oh wait he's a titan.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, in fairness there's not a lot of great melee bosses in the series (Ra'as and Deathstroke are the only two that really spring to mind) and the combat was clearly designed for crowds, I was just surprised they didn't even try to have one.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I don't really think games need to have bossfights as a rule. I'm fine with action setpieces rather than 1 v 1 fights against a "boss". It would be nice if the setpieces were fun and entertaining though. I thought the Cloudburst was fun enough but it went on way too long. Deathstroke's verison was just lazy though.

Mr. Freeze in City is a good example of a boss fight done well. It doesn't overstay its welcome and utilizes the games' core mechanics well.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Any defense attorney worth his salt is going to have a heyday with the way GCPD manages and stores its criminal evidence. :/

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't help but wonder why Batman gave the REC and Shock Gloves to the police.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, the shock gloves thing is just a nice handwave for why he's not using them in Asylum and City, I suppose. But the REC gun is apparently just there because they couldn't think of anywhere else to keep the REC gun?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't know why he gave them the REC but the Shock Gloves were evidence for Electrocutioner I presume. Kind of pointless evidence maybe, seeing as he was dead, but still.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Shock Gloves are Electrocutioner so it makes sense.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

ayn rand hand job posted:

You're forgetting Asylum's bosses.

Here's a Titan. Here's another Titan. Hey have 2 titans at once! Hope you like the Bane skinned Titan? No, have 3 titans! You liked the Poison Ivy fight? Good because here's your Joker fight...oh wait he's a titan.

I actually remember the Asylum bosses and was going to bring that up, but then remember that all of the bosses in City were decent at the bare minimum. None of them were amazing or anything but none of them were bad.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I actually remember the Asylum bosses and was going to bring that up, but then remember that all of the bosses in City were decent at the bare minimum. None of them were amazing or anything but none of them were bad.

I can't really remember very many of them, to be honest.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I can't really remember very many of them, to be honest.

You had Mr Freeze and Mr Freeze and Mr Freeze.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

Kind of pointless evidence maybe, seeing as he was dead, but still.
The Joker's gun is in there, too, as well as Talia's sword. It's Gotham's Smithsonian, in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

redbackground posted:

Any defense attorney worth his salt is going to have a heyday with the way GCPD manages and stores its criminal evidence. :/

The only witness to a lot of these crimes is Batman. You think he's showing up to court?

• Locked thread