Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Hahaha smoke is gonna own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Depending on how long the smoke screen lasts, free Red-eye weeks are going to be interesting.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm gonna buy Red Eye and just toss smoke at Vasiliys on my team.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
About how active is the Steam group? Is it enough that if I want to play I can round up four actual functioning human beings rather than the mouth-breathers I get teamed with every time I press the Competitive Match button?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm gonna buy Red Eye and just toss smoke at Vasiliys on my team.

Much like battlefield, this is the correct course of action every time.

I want three mercs with different roles all using the Dreiss. :getin:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i'll only buy him if the smoke grenades also one-shot on direct hits

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Antares posted:

i'll only buy him if the smoke grenades also one-shot on direct hits

I think that's unlikely to happen. :( It was treated like a fragile deployable in the past so it could be dispersed by being destroyed. That alone will curb its usefulness against enemies if it ends up like that. On the stream it looked like enemies seen through thermal vision can tell they've been tagged like heartbeat sensors.

Smoke can be a strong tool but it's probable SD are going to release Redeye's abilities pre-emptively toned down to avoid another Phantom debut clusterstuff. His guns and his hp will be the biggest reasons to use him.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Lori posted:

About how active is the Steam group? Is it enough that if I want to play I can round up four actual functioning human beings rather than the mouth-breathers I get teamed with every time I press the Competitive Match button?

None of the group admins except me play this game anymore so there's nobody around to make announcements most of the time. If there are still goons out there who actively play this game and want to be made group admins post in this thread.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 6, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Delacroix posted:

I think that's unlikely to happen. :( It was treated like a fragile deployable in the past so it could be dispersed by being destroyed. That alone will curb its usefulness against enemies if it ends up like that. On the stream it looked like enemies seen through thermal vision can tell they've been tagged like heartbeat sensors.

Smoke can be a strong tool but it's probable SD are going to release Redeye's abilities pre-emptively toned down to avoid another Phantom debut clusterstuff. His guns and his hp will be the biggest reasons to use him.

I can think of several places to place that grenade if it is a deployable at least, then just shoot people attempting to get the nade :black101:

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

dogstile posted:

I can think of several places to place that grenade if it is a deployable at least, then just shoot people attempting to get the nade :black101:

You could definitely drive people nuts if you treated it a little like a heartbeat sensor and avoided throwing it into the plain open. I just hope it blocks spotting because smoke didn't in BF3 or PS2. On being a nuisance, there was a character with Splinter Cell sticky cameras that could be detonated. She could set up corner traps like Fletcher but with access to sniper rifles.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
But there's no spotting in this game? :confused: Obviously smoke doesn't block heartbeat sensors from spotting people, it wouldn't make any sense for it to.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 6, 2015

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

But there's no spotting in this game? :confused: Obviously smoke doesn't block heartbeat sensors from spotting people, it wouldn't make any sense for it to.

Haven't you noticed if you look at an enemy player there's an character audio cue when they've spot someone? I know it was still working in the past few weeks, irrespective of Vasili being in the match.

genpj
Aug 11, 2012

Delacroix posted:

Haven't you noticed if you look at an enemy player there's an character audio cue when they've spot someone? I know it was still working in the past few weeks, irrespective of Vasili being in the match.

It still works, but it has no... I would say "teamwork significance". No one in your team will listen to your audio cues in fast paced FPS. If it would mark players on map and screen it would be whole other matter but it would also make Vasilli skill less powerful so I actually prefer how things are right now. If only pubs could use heartbeat sensor more often...

Bloodmobile posted:

For me smoke blocking sensor spotting would counter ability that does not need to be countered at all.

EDIT:
Not relevant but still annoying:

genpj fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 6, 2015

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Delacroix posted:

Oh yeah, characters do sometimes yell out 'enemy spotted!' but that's all there is to the 'spotting'. It's just an audio cue that does not give you a single actual clue as to where they are, which seems completely irrelevant to me even if it sometimes does happen through smoke.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

None of the group admins except me play this game anymore so there's nobody around to make announcements most of the time. If there are still goons out there who actively play this game and want to be made group admins post in this thread.

I still play, I'm just still out of town until this weekend. I'll be wanting to play some ranked this coming week.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Servers are down for the Redeye update, patch notes including yet another stupid Dreiss AR nerf.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
"Fletcher

Sticky Bombs thrown at a player's feet will no longer pin them to the ground"

That sounds like a feature, put it back in please.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Calling it a nerf when the other change clearly tries to fix it into the 'Plink' role isn't really fair though, is it.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Well this patch basically puts Dreiss back to the stats it used to have before they buffed it, which makes it look like they're giving up on trying to make it a viable weapon.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 6, 2015

genpj
Aug 11, 2012

Bloodmobile posted:

I really would like some admin from EU region to organize some games in my time zone. Mostly because if I join some goons i get like 200 ping.

I guess I could be one but I don't know if I will have time in next few months to play regularly.

PS.
You can add me to friends if you want. I tend to join goons when playing.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

Just joined the steam group a while ago but haven't ever seen an announcement or anything. I'd love to be playing with ya'll.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Redeye is fun as hell, imo.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

Oh yeah, characters do sometimes yell out 'enemy spotted!' but that's all there is to the 'spotting'. It's just an audio cue that does not give you a single actual clue as to where they are, which seems completely irrelevant to me even if it sometimes does happen through smoke.

It's actually a fairly small area around your crosshair so fishing for people in the smoke shouldn't be too hard. That said, it looks like a moot point primarily due to the smoke not covering a large area for something on a 30 second cooldown.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Hmmm. Kira or Phantom? I've been trying Phantom out and since I'm awful at melee since people move so quickly, I've mostly been just decloaking with my gun blazing. Cloaking is pretty fun though.

Dreiss is awesome too, but the fire rate nerf is kind of unfortunate. Also the ammo station is really convenient for on the go ammo reloading while I'm busy shooting someone.

Edit: Was Kira recently on free rotation? Not counting the free weekend that just happened.

Edit: Has anyone had problems with the game absolutely refusing to save your ingame resolution settings? I need to set the resolution lower to get decent frame rates but it refuses to save. Every time I start up the game I need to do it over again.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 8, 2015

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Man it's been pretty awful lately playing other classes, people have seemed to discover the "Aura" and her BS stand in the heal field give no fucks ability. Which isn't bad when playing a explosive equipped class, but goddamn is it hard on bushwhacker.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Well DirtyCups just closed up shop, so what little competitive scene there was to the game is entirely gone now. It's starting to look like Splash Damage's usual policy of dragging their feet is going to wind up with another game dead due to neglect.

Meanwhile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZnXKFuCUGo

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

AceSnyp3r posted:

Well DirtyCups just closed up shop

:byewhore: They never paid a dime of the real money they promised in their prize pools and their head admin removed basically everyone from the comp DB scene from her steam friends when some of the cup winners started asking her about their prizes.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

So not only are there aimbotters, there are now people using uber gun cheats to one shot people from across the map. This game is going places. :allears:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

AceSnyp3r posted:

Well DirtyCups just closed up shop, so what little competitive scene there was to the game is entirely gone now. It's starting to look like Splash Damage's usual policy of dragging their feet is going to wind up with another game dead due to neglect.

Meanwhile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZnXKFuCUGo

Welp so much for Dirty Bomb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg&feature=youtu.be&t=1m33s

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Actual hacks too much trouble? Try using some console commands to teleport around the map instead!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/3g8j6n/how_to_teleport_using_console_commands/

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

AceSnyp3r posted:

Actual hacks too much trouble? Try using some console commands to teleport around the map instead!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/3g8j6n/how_to_teleport_using_console_commands/

:laffo:

genpj
Aug 11, 2012

AceSnyp3r posted:

I like this game.. I really do. But SD inability to fix cheating problem and instead releasing new mercs makes me pretty sure that DB days are numbered. Things like this only make me more certain that it will happen sooner than later...

genpj fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 8, 2015

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

I swear to god, I'm pretty sure that I only bandwagon onto games that are dead or dying. Super Monday Night Combat, Nosgoth, Ghost Recon Phantoms, and now this. I should just make my own lovely f2p game so I can shut it down mid-development and save myself the effort of finding a decent team-based game. :argh:

Sputnik fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 8, 2015

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Smoke is annoying as gently caress btw.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Samuel posted:

Smoke is annoying as gently caress btw.

Good news, a single sticky from fletcher will take care of it. It's just too bad you can do anything about the smoke thrown by idiots on your team

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
It's actually too bad that teams aren't smart enough to Fletcher it up.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

genpj posted:

I like this game.. I really do. But SD inability to fix cheating problem and instead releasing new mercs makes me pretty sure that DB days are numbered. Things like this only make me more certain that it will happen sooner than later...

The steadily declining player numbers aren't too encouraging either

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Sputnik posted:

I swear to god, I'm pretty sure that I only bandwagon onto games that are dead or dying. Super Monday Night Combat, Nosgoth, Ghost Recon Phantoms, and now this. I should just make my own lovely f2p game so I can shut it down mid-development and save myself the effort of finding a decent team-based game. :argh:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699899

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Night Blade posted:

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genpj
Aug 11, 2012

Night Blade posted: