Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The biggest problems with ff9 were it taking forever to steal items sometimes, and that trances couldn't be stored like limits in ff7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Lala's are cute, not cool.

Being cute is cool, actually

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Just play a highlady. You can look tough and/or cute, look good in all the gear and have the most expressive emotes of all of the race choices.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Velthice posted:

Just play a highlady. You can look tough and/or cute, look good in all the gear and have the most expressive emotes of all of the race choices.

I have two fantasias sitting in my retainers from the two CEs I've bought and the temptation to race change is definitely the highest towards going Highlander lady. I love my Lalafell so I doubt I'll ever change, but drat they are cool. My favorite retainer is one, at least.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Velthice posted:

Hell yeah you can look cute and tough, you can even make the Astrum Helm work.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Counterpoint: being human is boring

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Counterpoint: being human is boring

I wish i could be a cool lizard person IRL.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Playing a human in a fantasy RPG is like going to an ice cream store and ordering plain vanilla.

(I have done this, but I recognize how loving boring I am)

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Playing a human in a fantasy RPG is like going to an ice cream store and ordering plain vanilla.

As someone who plays a human I agree that it is just like ordering the best flavor at the ice cream shop

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The common-ness is part of the appeal for me. The Hyur, despite being the "vanilla" option, have great character designs and there's something cool about being plain in a world full of fantastic crazy poo poo. It's like choosing to be a plain smuggler or a soldier in a Star Wars game instead of another Jedi. They were my second choice after Lalafell, who I had to pick because my aim was to become a tiny warrior to pay tribute to my favorite FF race, the Lilties.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Velthice posted:

I'll have to take a look at highladies myself, maybe they're a good compromise between the expressiveness of lalafells and the... uh, cooler-looking-ness?... of others like roe ladies.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Also vanilla owns, gently caress all haters

Jose Valasquez posted:

As someone who plays a human I agree that it is just like ordering the best flavor at the ice cream shop
:hfive:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Plain Vanilla is pretty darn tasty. Plus there are times when you just want some plain vanilla ice cream because you're tired of all the butterscotch(catgirls) napoleon(lalafell) and rocky road(dragonladies) running around.

When the world is full of exotic norms shift and what is boring shifts with it. I barely register the myriad of highly-played races but when I see an Elezen I'm like 'holy crap an Elezen.'

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

gently caress yeah

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Plain vanilla ice cream is the best because it has the best synergy with the greatest variety of toppings.

Just like how femlanders have the best look and variety with glamours.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Don't get me wrong, vanilla is probably my favorite flavor of ice cream. It was just a metaphor

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What race is rainbow sherbet?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Plain vanilla ice cream is the best because it has the best synergy with the greatest variety of toppings.

There is no variety of glamours of femlanders because you all wear slut outfits so you can jerk it to your character in between combat.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Holyshoot posted:

There is no variety of glamours of femlanders because you all wear slut outfits so you can jerk it to your character in between combat.

You're thinking of cat girls and dragon girls

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

DarkHamsterlord posted:

You're thinking of cat girls and dragon girls

Whatever strawberry panties is these days.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Holyshoot posted:

potato dragoons seem like they would have silly looking animations. I think I might switch from roe to potato when I level my dragoon to 60. Not sure though.

blizzard has about 2-3 million reasons not to sweat currently.

I am and have always been a potato dragoon. It's amazing.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The funny thing is that FFXIV is one of the few settings I can think of where humans aren't really the common denominator. Of the primary NPC cast, how many of them are hyur? Three, maybe four?

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
My foray into dragon princess lasted about 3 weeks, and only that long because I am very stubborn. I missed my hyur less than a week in, and now I love my hyur more than ever.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I expected to get tired of being a lizard quickly and go back to being a catgirl, but it turns out I like my character's scales a lot, even if her expression is kinda dopey.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I'll have to take a look at highladies myself, maybe they're a good compromise between the expressiveness of lalafells and the... uh, cooler-looking-ness?... of others like roe ladies.

There's a pretty decent amount of diversity when it comes to how you can make Highladies look.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Vermain posted:

There's a pretty decent amount of diversity when it comes to how you can make Highladies look.

Every time someone posts an imgur link on SA I wish murder on someone in corporate IT for blocking it (then silently thank them for not blocking SA outright). :sigh:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

DarkHamsterlord posted:

In the land of cat people, the human is king.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Seriouspost, proper vanilla icecream is delicious. Not the storebought 'default' flavor, but homemade stuff using actual vanilla beans. It's such a wonderful complex flavor that does not deserve the bad rap it gets.

I care about icecream.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The most important part of being a highlander is ANGRY EYEBROWS

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Philonius posted:

Seriouspost, proper vanilla icecream is delicious. Not the storebought 'default' flavor, but homemade stuff using actual vanilla beans. It's such a wonderful complex flavor that does not deserve the bad rap it gets.

I care about icecream.

Vanilla beans! Your a traitor to the true regular vanilla and most likely poisoned the Blue Bell factories!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenzarin posted:

In the land of cat people, the human is king.

Yeah, Hyur in FFXIV is pretty much the least vanilla race.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lookit all these white people

also I've spent what must be close to literally 100 million gil on clothes, and god dammit I'm gonna wear em whether you slut shame me or not

but seriously, playing dress up is probably far and away my favorite thing to do in this game

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

mr. stefan posted:

The funny thing is that FFXIV is one of the few settings I can think of where humans aren't really the common denominator. Of the primary NPC cast, how many of them are hyur? Three, maybe four?

Let's see there's um. Minfilia? Cid? Rabaun? That's all I can think of right now.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

No smug look while having your sword in the ground no sale.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Boten Anna posted:

Let's see there's um. Minfilia? Cid? Rabaun? That's all I can think of right now.

Does Cid even count since he's a three eyed magicless freak?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

dreffen posted:

No smug look while having your sword in the ground no sale.

Hey, face 4 guy, I saw you, in idlyshire, past the group of yous by the stairs that 5 of you were standing on. I think you were standing on the rock next to yourself. I asked another you if it was you, but they said it wasn't so I just went to ishgard to craft while 20 more of you walked by

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Velthice posted:

Hey, face 4 guy, I saw you, in idlyshire, past the group of yous by the stairs that 5 of you were standing on. I think you were standing on the rock next to yourself. I asked another you if it was you, but they said it wasn't so I just went to ishgard to craft while 20 more of you walked by

Au Ra.txt

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Boten Anna posted:

Garlean <> Hyur

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Velthice posted:

Thanks it's been bothering me I didnt know what face option I had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Velthice I just bought a yukata today, I would appreciate it if you would stop selling highlander girls so well, or at least ease up until I've had a few days to enjoy it.

• Locked thread