Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nerd Chick Julie Chen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
America loving the players that do nothing but sleep in the house.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Haha now Derrick gets Cody Dad Kisses

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Don't think Clay realizes what voting for Shelli would actually do :D

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I wish shelli would get voted out while wearing her HOH comp clothes.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
drat Sixth Sense really ripped that HoH out from under James.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
LOL I loved how Clay said that Meg has had a showmance with "pretty much everyone in the house" except for him :q:

edit: I also love that the feeds thread correctly predicted this comp :allears:

Britt Burns fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 7, 2015

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Welp she just straight up told them that someone will come back from Jury

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

Welp she just straight up told them that someone will come back from Jury

To play again?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Well, based on how those first runs on the slip and slide went, Becky looks like the eventual winner. The twins and JMac have a chance, and everyone else might as well sit down.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mr. BT posted:

To play again?

She told them just because they are in the jury house doesn't mean they are out of the game.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Tyree posted:

Well, based on how those first runs on the slip and slide went, Becky looks like the eventual winner. The twins and JMac have a chance, and everyone else might as well sit down.

Oh great. The house rat.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

loving Steve, taking time to wipe off the top every time he does a trip...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So did Clay pretty much call Meg a floozy or was I imagining that?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

STAC Goat posted:

So did Clay pretty much call Meg a floozy or was I imagining that?

No, I heard that too.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah he definitely did, which is pretty unfair as Clay is the only guy I can remember her flirting with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She seemed to have a crush on Jeff but nowhere near that touchy feely stuff with Clay. She has negative interest in Steve, Johnny, Austin, and James.

Yeah, its a totally unfair and dick thing for Clay to say. It just strikes me as more of his low character. When caught flirting with another girl he just calls her a slut.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

She told them just because they are in the jury house doesn't mean they are out of the game.

That pretty much means "to come back in the house and play again." That's what it's meant every other season when she's said that,

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
No she's says that every season.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Bobfromsales posted:

No she's says that every season.
Only because each season in recent memory has had a buyback.
This simply confirms it to the hamsters.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

She seemed to have a crush on Jeff but nowhere near that touchy feely stuff with Clay. She has negative interest in Steve, Johnny, Austin, and James.

Yeah, its a totally unfair and dick thing for Clay to say. It just strikes me as more of his low character. When caught flirting with another girl he just calls her a slut.

It's similar to Survivor's Rodney stating that "girls should hold themselves to a higher standard. than a guy".

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

loving Redemption Island.

At least they told the houseguests rather having it be a completely bullshit twist where an eliminated person can came back having heard from all the other eliminated houseguests and destroy everyone's games in the process.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I liked the way they did it in BB Canada. It's only the first five evictees, and it's only one (endurance) comp to get back into the house. What was doubly nice was that the person who went back in wasn't just evicted immediately.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Propaganda Machine posted:

I liked the way they did it in BB Canada. It's only the first five evictees, and it's only one (endurance) comp to get back into the house. What was doubly nice was that the person who went back in wasn't just evicted immediately.

The way BB Canada did it was specifically the worst.

They didn't notify houseguests before it happened. If people are going to be able to come back after eviction, everyone should know so it can be taken into account when strategising.

They didn't sequester everyone who was eliminated. So everyone talked to each other, spilling all the secrets, then the person who went back in knew all the alliances, everyone's secrets etc etc. Complete bullshit.

It was one of many BBCan3 "twistos twists!!!" that assassinated houseguests by random chance. I hate eliminated contestants returning in Survivor and BB, but at the very least it should be known beforetime that it'll happen (as in the case in BB17) and houseguests shouldn't be able to talk to one another (which likely won't happen in BB17).

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
No, I agree that most of the twists were horrible, but I didn't mind the one person coming back. I don't even mind that they didn't sequester them; that information is what gave the returnee even a fighting chance.

I don't buy that the houseguests should have known. As far as TWISTS go, a returning player is pretty tame, and at this point shouldn't even be unexpected. Gary came back in season 1, so they should all have known that it was at least possible.

They really just needed to ditch everything to do with the vault.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I don't even mind that they didn't sequester them; that information is what gave the returnee even a fighting chance.

What does it matter if the returnee gets a fighting chance? They were evicted, they had their chance. No one who's been evicted is ever going to win a season anyway, so it's pointless filler ("the other person was evicted and only got back in by pure chance" is an extremely strong jury argument).

But the main reason it's awful to not sequester them is that, even if it gives that returnee a fighting chance in the short term, it destroys the strategy of everyone still in the house. Since you almost always get guests from all sides of the house, all non-sequestered evicted houseguests learn about loving everything. It's not worth destroying and exposing practically every strategic operation, alliance, secret etc of houseguests who managed to not get eliminated so a single houseguest who's already been evicted (and can therefore never win anyway) can get a second chance (that they don't deserve).

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Shakugan posted:

They didn't notify houseguests before it happened. If people are going to be able to come back after eviction, everyone should know so it can be taken into account when strategising.

Ugh, I 100% disagree... the motto of North American Big Brother has been "expect the unexpected" for a long time now. And players returning after eviction has been a thing for a long while too. If you take someone out in a way that they'll be gunning for you should they return, that's bad strategy/luck. No need to hand-feed the players any potential twists.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Shakugan posted:

What does it matter if the returnee gets a fighting chance? They were evicted, they had their chance. No one who's been evicted is ever going to win a season anyway, so it's pointless filler ("the other person was evicted and only got back in by pure chance" is an extremely strong jury argument).

Gary would have if Topaz hadn't been such a dolt.

And yes, it's loving important to give a returnee a fighting chance. The thing that makes poo poo like Redemption Island on Survivor so loving terrible is that it's a waste of time every week, and a waste of a week or two's tribals when the returnee is immediately voted out again. If they're going to have a returner, the returner needs an actual chance at the game.

Also, it's pretty bad if somebody's strategy involves an evictee knowing everything and being bitter. That's on the houseguest. That's not a flaw in the game.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Also, it's pretty bad if somebody's strategy involves an evictee knowing everything and being bitter. That's on the houseguest. That's not a flaw in the game.

I'm not talking about evicting someone who happens to know everything. Not sequestering evicted houseguests is the problem here. It's not on the houseguests if everyone sequested together talks and learns everything everyone else knows. Everyone who's evicted knows "something", so when you get a whole ton of people who all know something talking together because they haven't been separated from one another? The person going back in knows waaay too much through no fault of any current houseguest.

quote:

Ugh, I 100% disagree... the motto of North American Big Brother has been "expect the unexpected" for a long time now.

Just a point of disagreement I guess. I've always felt that twists have always and will continue to cheapen BB because they reduce the impact of how well each houseguest is strategizing and "playing the game". I think there's a different between adding uncertainty and making houseguests have to use strategies to account for that uncertainty, and TWISTS!!!! that no one can see coming that gently caress people up at random.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I am 75% sure the evicted HGs that have a chance to come back will be sequestered. In years past, Jeff never interviewed those people until after the buy back, and there was no jury house footage. That makes me think they put them in sequester.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The entire episode was about evicting Shelli, then Clay is voted out unanimously. Any idea what happened?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

blue squares posted:

The entire episode was about evicting Shelli, then Clay is voted out unanimously. Any idea what happened?

James, Meg, and Jackie wanted Shelli out. Vanessa wanted Shelli to stay, because both sides felt the remaining member would work with them better. Austin+Twins flipped back and forth and ended up voting out Clay, the other side of the house got wind and voted that way too.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
According to the spoiler thread, the two hours leading up to the eviction were some of the craziest ever. It was too close to the vote for the editors to squeeze it in, but there will likely be a breakdown on Sunday.

Essentially, James was gunning for Shelli, and Vanessa was gunning for Clay (Shelli would be more loyal in the weeks to come, and Clay was acting like a straight up jackass). So it was a last minute power struggle.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Thanks ya'll

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

blue squares posted:

It WILL be addressed on Sunday in flashback form as the hamsters do their HOH comp.
It's too good to not be ignored.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I like how James says "furry" instead of "fury".
Clay being a dick, no surprise.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have no idea what is happening.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
John says he's a big target now but I think that went literally as well as it possible could've for him.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

No pic of the train?

I kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Becky, Jackie, and Meg are SOOOOOO DUMB. But mostly just Becky. Going after Vanessa is easy in their minds because they hate her at this minute, but Vanessa wasn't targeting Becky any time soon, especially if she kept playing both sides well. Shelli was a much easier target.

Also, Becky shut the gently caress up about working retail. Who the gently caress shops at Abercrombie on Black Friday???!!!!

• Locked thread