Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Maarak posted:

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered: how does one watch a stream of the debate? The Fox News site just displays a black box where the video should be.

edit. All my answers are here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734918

http://www.livenewschat.eu/the-republican-debates-live-stream/?ref=story

Here you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Trump you glorious motherfucker you took something like quotes of you attacking people personally, and turned it into "this country is in trouble, and you're arranging deckchairs on it" - you glorious bastard.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Trump you glorious motherfucker you took something like quotes of you attacking people personally, and turned it into "this country is in trouble, and you're arranging deckchairs on it" - you glorious bastard.

Let's not forget the subtle:
"Uh, yeah no you're lying."
"Yeah you're probably right."

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Here is a stream, the best stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqafQVNkyN4

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Say what you want about Trump he's the only one in the whole drat lineup with any tangible passion

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Holy poo poo Trump is owning them even over his rapist-Mexican bollocks. He's untouchable. I'm in awe. He's teflon.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Something Else posted:

Say what you want about Trump he's the only one in the whole drat lineup with any tangible passion

That's true, and I'll try to keep this discussion in the debate thread but it's moving so loving fast, but he's getting booed a lot by this crowd. I don't think he's going to 'win' the debate.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Straight up these BLoomberg ads are funded by Sarah Palin, they are verbatim her idiotic rantings.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

9/11 reference yessss.....he's got Rudy's vote.

e: lolol and the knives are out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Chris Christie doesn't understand depressed people.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Did Ted Cruz just say the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is full of poo poo?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He pretty much did. In his weird, rambling way.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Holy poo poo he got accused of giving Hillary money and he turned it around perfectly. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

How can Bush win the nomination? He's pro common core and pro immigration reform....

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Trump is like a master fencer, parrying every attack at him.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What on earth is rand paul's accent? It sounds really weird.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

why did they splitscreen fiorina in the debate did they do that with any other B-tier candidate did perry ask for that beforehand?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

So am I completely uniformed or are these answers twisting everything or just outright lying?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Meridian posted:

So am I completely uniformed or are these answers twisting everything or just outright lying?

Is this your first election

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

awesmoe posted:

Is this your first election

No, but this is ridiculous.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

redreader posted:

What on earth is rand paul's accent? It sounds really weird.

Dweeblord libertarian.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Meridian posted:

No, but this is ridiculous.

Picture a position your grandparents might hold, now warp it beyond comprehension, and it gets close to where the Republican party is at.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nonsense posted:

Picture a position your grandparents might hold, now warp it beyond comprehension, and it gets close to where the Republican party is at.

I'd like to give my grandparents a little more credit than that, but I understand your point. Aren't moderators supposed to, you know, call out bullshit?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ooh i just heard Huckabee say bengazi, everybody drink

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Ooh i just heard Huckabee say bengazi, everybody drink

Dude I've been drinking this whole time, how can you not?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Meridian posted:

I'd like to give my grandparents a little more credit than that, but I understand your point. Aren't moderators supposed to, you know, call out bullshit?

Modewhat?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Habibi posted:

Modewhat?

Fair enough.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Meridian posted:

That's adorable. The point of debates is not to debate, it's to attract enough eyeballs to justify taking up a huge block of prime time programming.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Arms_Akimbo posted:

That's adorable. The point of debates is not to debate, it's to attract enough eyeballs to justify taking up a huge block of prime time programming.

I know it, but it's disappointing all the same.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
pretty sure obama is not going to win this next election after watching trump

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Ok that sudden shift on the hulkusc stream was pretty great

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
That was loving terrible.
It's staggering just how much of a circus that entire loving thing was. I think they could only have made it worse by making Bill O'Reilly one of the moderators.

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

pretty sure obama is not going to win this next election after watching trump

Trump is going to win and anyone who disagrees should get their candy rear end out of here :colbert:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Personal opinion is that Kaisich and Christie did really well. Rubio Bush and Walker held their own. But Trump won because he didn't implode. The rest did nothing to excite or even stand out.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So Ted Cruz will have the IRS persecute religious liberties eh? I suppose that's a tactic.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Debate Summary: Trump loving kicked rear end. Bush started well, then grew progressively more stuttering, before flubbing his final statement badly. Kasich, Rubio, and Carson will get a bump. Rand Paul should probably save everybody's time and drop out.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
That format was really crazy. Trump gets asked to please explain all your terrible bankruptcies, the next question to Rubio is how would you help small businesses and puppies. I guess maybe it's hard to ask 10 candidates the same questions and have time for a lot of different issues, but some candidates got really insane gotcha questions. I think the thing with Bush and being on the board of some charity was the dumbest

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I watched that whole debate, what does Ben Carson do for a living? I must have missed it.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Duke Igthorn posted:

I watched that whole debate, what does Ben Carson do for a living? I must have missed it.

Takes money from gullible white people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

joe football posted:

That format was really crazy. Trump gets asked to please explain all your terrible bankruptcies, the next question to Rubio is how would you help small businesses and puppies. I guess maybe it's hard to ask 10 candidates the same questions and have time for a lot of different issues, but some candidates got really insane gotcha questions. I think the thing with Bush and being on the board of some charity was the dumbest

Trump's questions were clearly all targeted at sinking him, and only one of them had a shaky answer (and then they let him counterpoint and he knocked it out of the park)

Bush's questions seemed like they were meant to test what kind of answers he could come up with on the fly, like softball Gotchas, if that's a thing, and I think he dropped the ball completely. I was unimpressed with Jeb. He flubbed answers and stuttered like a kid who needs speech therapy. He doesn't seem to get how to start or end an answer - a lot of answers with good meat but a lovely bun, so to speak.

• Locked thread