Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Maybe ONE FC will pick him up and he can fight Ben Askren. That's actually an interesting fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think he's a bit of both.

So he won't let go of a submission until he's pulled off of his opponent but thinks he has a TKO as soon as a ref gets close. Is there no middle ground with Paul Harris?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
he just needs to go on a vision quest. with filho

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

he just needs to go on a vision quest. with filho

Yes, a painkiller addiction is exactly what Palhares needs to pacify him.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

FishBowlRobot posted:

So he won't let go of a submission until he's pulled off of his opponent but thinks he has a TKO as soon as a ref gets close. Is there no middle ground with Paul Harris?

Huh, guess that makes it more likely its malicious, rather than just "he's way retarded."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wasn't it Palhares that bought his mom a new house on his UFC winnings?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

coconono posted:

wasn't it Palhares that bought his mom a new house on his UFC winnings?

Turns out its actually his house as he refused to break the hold on the mortgage.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

FishBowlRobot posted:

Bustamante tried using this incident to prove that Palhares isn't actually bad, because he claimed that Dan Miller was screaming "stop" and that's why Palhares showed mercy and started celebrating. Miller denied saying anything.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Le Saboteur posted:

Turns out its actually his house as he refused to break the hold on the mortgage.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

acejackson42 posted:

I just don't get it. How and why and where does someone become this level of rear end in a top hat? And just over and over again. He's a decent fighter and can catch submissions in impressive fashion, but to crank that poo poo like that repeatedly? Everyone sees it. Including far, far better fighters.
The best possible thing that could happen to this motherfucker -- and it would most certainly be the best teaching moment in fight history -- is for someone like Maia or, hell, Frank Mir to catch him in something and completely reverse the joint's direction despite all the taps and ref intervention in the world. Let it go when a cop threatens to taze you.
No use for shitheels like this in MMA. He needs a dose of his own medicine, and then maybe he'll learn.

he grew up in unfathomable poverty, literally sleeping on a patch of dirt under a bridge eating pig slop kind of poverty. i would think that left its marks.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I think it's pretty disgusting for a cisgendered affluent white person like Joe Lauzon to imply that Palhares is kind of a dick

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Foul Fowl posted:

he grew up in unfathomable poverty, literally sleeping on a patch of dirt under a bridge eating pig slop kind of poverty. i would think that left its marks.

Eating pig slop during formative years or taking a technical submission (umbilical choke) upon birth - which is more damaging for a fighter's cognitive abilities?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought bad childhoods were supposed to be the best base for MMA so Palhares should be fighting Christ.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Foul Fowl posted:

That's literally every fighter except for Big Jake Penn.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MMAFighting posted:

Rousimar Palhares Rips Greased rear end in a top hat

I don't think there's anything I can add to this.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/5/9103771/rousimar-palhares-rips-greased-a-hole-jake-shields-denies-eye-gouging]

he was more slippery than a okra

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/5/9103771/rousimar-palhares-rips-greased-a-hole-jake-shields-denies-eye-gouging]

That is an amazing headline.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

I've ripped some greased assholes in my day.

(My own. I've had some bad butt stuff happen in my day. Does this mean I can be a fighter?)

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

he was more slippery than a okra

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

EmmyOk posted:

I thought bad childhoods were supposed to be the best base for MMA so Palhares should be fighting Christ.

Toquinho, por favor, deixar de ir a estátua de Jesus, o Cristo Redentor. É hora de fechar. Eu vou chamar a polícia!

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Tachi Palace Fights is streaming here folks: http://www.sherdog.com/events/TPF-24-Tachi-Palace-Fights-Summer-Brawl-46523

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Eat This Glob posted:

Toquinho, por favor, deixar de ir a estátua de Jesus, o Cristo Redentor. É hora de fechar. Eu vou chamar a polícia!

I had a Portuguese friend read this to me :golfclap:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I think it's kinda getting lost in what an rear end in a top hat palhares is, but tapping jake shields is really impressive, like winning the triple crown impressive

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Please let there be a dwarf on this card.

edit: is that jesus or Latin Kings tattoo?

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 7, 2015

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

LobsterMobster posted:

Eating pig slop during formative years or taking a technical submission (umbilical choke) upon birth - which is more damaging for a fighter's cognitive abilities?
Ronda doesn't seem that bad off.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Dangersim posted:

I think it's kinda getting lost in what an rear end in a top hat palhares is, but tapping jake shields is really impressive, like winning the triple crown impressive

The sweep right into a kimura was loving awesome. I realize it was probably aided at least in part by Shields being in pain from the eyepokes but that was some Metamoris poo poo and I wish Palhares wasn't Jason Voorhees level of homicidal retard because every time he fights I see some kind of crazy grappling transition I've never seen before

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So far the best thing in these Tachi fights is the dude from Portland, CA (according to the infographic). This isn't the best promotion in the world.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

I might just be numb to MMA insanity, but this doesn't seem like all that outlandish behavior, coming from an MMA fighter.

Anyway, I'm glad Palhares got stripped.

Keg fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 7, 2015

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

I've ripped some greased assholes in my day.

(My own. I've had some bad butt stuff happen in my day. Does this mean I can be a fighter?)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I think we need to get Captain Log on the Dolce Diet, and perhaps the Mark Hunt Posting Plan where you deny responsibility for your weird posts and blame them on carb crashing.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bluedeanie posted:

I think we need to get Captain Log on the Dolce Diet, and perhaps the Mark Hunt Posting Plan where you deny responsibility for your weird posts and blame them on carb crashing.

When I followed his podcast and recipe book I dropped 15lbs (170) in a few months to get into the Navy. But I always liked listening to his crazy person rants while I jogged. It was always fun to hear him talk about how he doesn't have a degree BUUUUUT he's done enough testing, or "Please make sure you go to a doctor before doing this because I"m not one, nor do I have a degree or accredited in any way, shape or form :smith: . But my posts were always mediocre at best.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
what about your post entering the Navy weight

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I don't know mate, uh, yeah Jesus Christ, I'd like ta' thank him. : stares into the keyboard - might be looking for Jesus :

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

maffew buildings posted:

what about your post entering the Navy weight

Sat at best. Going to go to Bad Post Camp. Need to post in MMA threads 3x a week until I can get my post count up.

Captain Log posted:

I don't know mate, uh, yeah Jesus Christ, I'd like ta' thank him. : stares into the keyboard - might be looking for Jesus :

Maybe Mark Hunt finally figured out the difference between going to Church and going to Church's

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Palhares released a statement, and it's a hoot. Especially this part:

quote:

I'm not a malicious person, if I would, I really could had broken Shields´arm . I have enough power for that, however, within about of 1.06 seconds after referee Mazzagatti contacted me I had the reflex to release the submission and celebrate the victory. Each athlete has a different adrenaline, it is clear in the video, the reflexes movement of my body when I felt the touch of the judge on my back, I did not continue to increase pressure neither I tried to adjust the position, I simply dropped Shields arm.
I've been through many difficult times in my personal and sport life. I have more than 20 fights in my career, and nobody ever will show a single opponent that got his arm or leg broken by fighting me, I never finished anybody´s career due an injury. I never let anyone blind or stuck my finger in anyone of my opponent´s eyes on purpose. This is real,those are facts!!!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Also Mike Pierce is simply taking an extended family vacation since the last time I fought him.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dangersim posted:

i think garcia is the only person to ever do it in any sort of competition before. again, i think shields did better than expected, but toquinho is such a terrible matchup for him just because he is an unbelievably great grappler and also a goddamned powerhouse

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
when i say toquinho is a bad matchup for shields i don't mean it in a way that is like he has some tricks or habits or a style that would give jake trouble, i mean that he is better at jake's exact game than jake is, which is crazy because jake has a very narrow game that he was the best in the world at for a very long time

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

david carmichael posted:

i think garcia is the only person to ever do it in any sort of competition before. again, i think shields did better than expected, but toquinho is such a terrible matchup for him just because he is an unbelievably great grappler and also a goddamned powerhouse

Cameron Earl hosed his arm up really bad in ADCC but Shields just refused to give a gently caress

Arguably this means Shields' main weakness is terrible human beings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

david carmichael posted:

when i say toquinho is a bad matchup for shields i don't mean it in a way that is like he has some tricks or habits or a style that would give jake trouble, i mean that he is better at jake's exact game than jake is, which is crazy because jake has a very narrow game that he was the best in the world at for a very long time

Thats how i felt but people who are smarter thsn me kept telling me i was wrong, and then shields was easily mounting and beating up palhares for a bit and i was like well ok but then bam retard arm break