Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

NotWearingPants posted:

I guess the educational system wasn't that great if you ended up with a state full of republicans

It was really just UW-Madison that has (had, given the budget cuts, rising tuition, professors leaving, etc.) the reputation, other schools in the UW system have one or two good individual programs (e.g. UWM (Milwaukee, not Madison) has a good architecture program, and some art stuff, but little else that's highly ranked) but suck balls otherwise.

Melmac posted:

true but I refuse to believe that enough people hated him that badly because they couldn't be bothered to vote against him. How do you win after people dislike you so badly that there was a recall election?

The other reasons listed (aside from the Robert Burke bullshit, that's nonsense, he only got 0.8% and Mary lost by almost 6 points), as well as the fact that you have suburb-dense counties like Waukesha (which is one of the more populous counties in WI) that have such a hardon for Republicans they haven't voted for a Democrat since 1964. Romney won Waukesha by 32.2% in 2012, and McCain won it by 25.7% in 2008. They voted for Walker's re-election 72.5% to 26.8% for Burke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

walgreenslatino posted:

Scott Walker is going bald maybe? :confused:

Could there be a worse time to lose your hair? Will America elect a balding president? Is this truly the worst combover in existence?

Looks like this scrub could use some hair tips from The Donald.

rear end cobra posted:

He claims it from hitting his head on a kitchen cabinet or something true story

Does he do it constantly so it gets worse and worse as time goes on?

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
As a Wisconsinite and a teacher I'd just like to say that Scott Walker is a real fucktard.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Mark Dayton raised taxes on rich folks, took Medicaid money, and did cool poo poo like setup a state insurance exchange, raise the minwage, and make gay marriage mandatory, increase education funding, fund all day K, and he produced a fuckton of budget surplus. Hail Dayton!

Minnesota has so much cash we're gonna give a bunch of it to some loving fish. Welfare Walleyes, amirite?

Walker, meanwhile, has done basically the reverse and his state budget is utterly hosed. If you're supposed to run a state like a business, then he's like the Carly Fiorina of governors.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

walgreenslatino posted:

Scott Walker is going bald maybe? :confused:

Could there be a worse time to lose your hair? Will America elect a balding president? Is this truly the worst combover in existence?

EDIT: this photo is from a stop at Geno's in Philly this week, where protestors held up signs saying "Scott Walker SNIFFS HIS OWN POOP" and he ordered a cheesesteak with American cheese and no onions, then ate 1/3 of it

rear end cobra posted:

He claims it from hitting his head on a kitchen cabinet or something true story

http://host.madison.com/news/local/...c78e365baf.html

quote:

The bald spot, he said, was the result of a repair incident in the kitchen when he banged his head on an open kitchen cabinet door while making repairs requested by his wife, Tonette.

She kept telling him to go to the doctor to get the scar on his head looked at, he said. When he finally did, the doctor said his hair would never grow back in that spot, the governor explained.
That head wound must have been a doozy. He looks like he got scalped by injuns.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

WOMEN

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ivor Biggun posted:

He actually got his hair yanked out by the Koch brothers due to not following their orders fast enough.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Mark Dayton raised taxes on rich folks, took Medicaid money, and did cool poo poo like setup a state insurance exchange, raise the minwage, and make gay marriage mandatory, increase education funding, fund all day K, and he produced a fuckton of budget surplus. Hail Dayton!

Minnesota has so much cash we're gonna give a bunch of it to some loving fish. Welfare Walleyes, amirite?

Walker, meanwhile, has done basically the reverse and his state budget is utterly hosed. If you're supposed to run a state like a business, then he's like the Carly Fiorina of governors.

Farmer-Labor Party :bernin:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Ivor Biggun posted:

too bad he didn't die

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Jesus Christ, even with Trump's already-infamous run still going, that "I hit my head in the kitchen" excuse for a bald spot must be the single most ridiculous thing any of the candidates has said in this entire election cycle so far. At least Trump just goes ahead and wears his combover with pride. Or hides it under a baseball cap or whatever.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

PrBacterio posted:

Jesus Christ, even with Trump's already-infamous run still going, that "I hit my head in the kitchen" excuse for a bald spot must be the single most ridiculous thing any of the candidates has said in this entire election cycle so far. At least Trump just goes ahead and wears his combover with pride. Or hides it under a baseball cap or whatever.

Legal filings from his divorce case revealed he had some surgical procedure where the skin in the middle scalp was removed, scrunching the rest of his hairy scalp together and closing the bald spot.
Probably other things too, he is an enigma

Walker's excuse is like, George Costanza level of lying. Is he gonna say he keeps banging cabinets because it's obviously expanding

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

It's a plausible excuse for Walker's severe brain damage

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

walgreenslatino posted:

George Costanza

Now, there's a presidential candidate i could support!

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

rear end cobra posted:

Now, there's a presidential candidate i could support!
But Walker is already running? This thread is even quite specifically about that! And as you well know, KramerTrump is running too.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

PrBacterio posted:

But Walker is already running? This thread is even quite specifically about that! And as you well know, KramerTrump is running too.

You have a spiteful and balding, generally horrible human being, interacting with a bunch of ridiculous made up characters and you dare compare him to the fine governor of Wisconsin?

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Absolute best part of this is that it captures the exact moment where his handler leans around and realizes he's made a huge mistake

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
http://www.businessinsider.com/scott-walker-has-tens-of-thousands-of-dollars-worth-of-credit-card-debt-2015-8

how do you charge 50k at Sears? I mean that literally. How?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Scott Walker is single-handedly keeping sears afloat

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
As a proud Wisconsinite please vote this fucker into office and get him the hell out of my state.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

renounce your packers fandom and we'll let you cross the river. otherwise the Prescott drawbridge remains up.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BUG JUG posted:

renounce your packers fandom and we'll let you cross the river. otherwise the Prescott drawbridge remains up.

I.... I cna't give that up... :negative:

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

haha just kidding come on over neighbor! just try not to vote for any of Michelle's friends while you are here alright? :wink:

(ps if you bring some spotted cow over we'll not even mind you voting against your interests)

BUG JUG has issued a correction as of 18:29 on Aug 5, 2015

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

BUG JUG posted:

(ps if you bring some spotted cow over we'll not even mind you voting against your interests)

I would vote for Scott Walker if the Kochs paid New Glarus to distribute at all his rallies.

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

Is his SuperPAC really taking donations in Juggalo Coins? I'm going to need a source on this.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is that all you get for your money?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've only lived in Wisconsin for a year and a half so I feel like I'm not allowed to hate Scott Walker with the same level of vitriol as a native Wisconsinite, but drat it, the dude's just a disgusting human being.

It doesn't help that I work with a guy who is apparently family friends with Walker and who talks about him all the drat time.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I've only lived in Wisconsin for a year and a half so I feel like I'm not allowed to hate Scott Walker with the same level of vitriol as a native Wisconsinite, but drat it, the dude's just a disgusting human being.

same, but New Jersey, half a year, and Chris Christie

who recently, and inhumanly, said, "Do you think that Planned Parenthood should be able to use federal funding to kill children in the womb in a specific way so that they can maximize the value of body parts that they then sell on the open market for profit?" because he is, literally, a monster. I want him to live the rest of his days in sorrow and regret, dying sooner rather than later, his last thoughts on how disappointing a person he was to his family and to God

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

BUG JUG posted:

This post is coming from my luxurious bathroom in beautiful St. Paul, MN. Go Pack Go.

edit: and Bong Bridge = Best Bridge.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Gregoriev posted:

I would vote for Scott Walker if the Kochs paid New Glarus to distribute at all his rallies.

New Glarus is the opposite of Scott Walker, people from out of state are really excited to see it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

walgreenslatino posted:

Absolute best part of this is that it captures the exact moment where his handler leans around and realizes he's made a huge mistake

What happened here?

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Professor Shark posted:

What happened here?

Lol two twenty-something climate activists tricked the man who wants to lead the free world with a cardboard sign.

So he's doing a little event at a pizza shop and they ask to pose with him. The other side of the sign says "Walker 4 President," they flip it around when the photo is about to be taken to reveal the novelty check. $900 million is the amount of their own fortune the Kochs vowed to spend on the 2016 elections.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

what a loving flid

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

:downs:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BUG JUG posted:

Minnesota is like 60% packers fans already. Sorry bro.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Democrats just need to play this on loop In political ads

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

Minnesota is like 60% packers fans already. Sorry bro.

yeah i know we are the saddest fanbase. :(

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

why is this thread closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Scott Walker fight song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdmw4tJJ1Y

He's lickin' his lips, he's ready to win

Some call it the laffer curve, I call it the Kohl's curve because you know how to spend your money better than the government!

Mc Do Well has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Aug 8, 2015

• Locked thread